Debt Rattle February 26 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 26 2020

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

‘Daly’ Somewhere in the South, possibly Miami 1941   • First US Soldier Stationed In South Korea Tests Positive For Coronavirus (CNN) • China Out
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 26 2020]

1st case in Greece. Just lovely.

V. Arnold
    Participant

1st case in Greece. Just lovely.

Bummer, take care…

anticlimactic
    Participant

KARMA and the VIRUS

While I do not believe in karma it is a useful concept.

– Russia was excluded from the Olympics on very dubious grounds and now it seems unlikely they will go ahead
    – The US has bases all over the world and now they will create a pipeline for transferring the virus to the US
    – The US has been imposing sanctions at an increasing rate and now may suffer the same effect as sanctions themselves!
    – The US health sector was tailored to maximise profit over healthcare meaning treatment for the virus would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars so very few would go for treatment and so maximising the spread of the virus [unless they bring in universal healthcare!]

John Day
    Participant

I’ve been catching up on the last couple of days stories and comments. I can’t really catch up, though. I work, and garden 3 gardens, and bike commute. I’m outta’ bandwidth, and this morning I have to go get beans, rice, oil, salt, Thai red curry in little jars, bar soap, shampoo. Jenny scored toilet paper and mixed nuts at Costco yesterday, and I ordered $1300 of ordinary things that I would be ordering soon for the family homestead in Yoakum, Texas (coastal plains, good soil and weather). The heat pump and 5 stainless steel shelving units seem to be available today, so I put them on the credit card today.
    I’ll bike to work from noon until 1:00 PM, and tended the vegetable garden there at People’s Community Clinic for an hour and a half yesterday afternoon, after finishing all my patient care work, then rode the hour home. 2 people really almost hit me on the way home. Distracted and in a hurry, I guess. I’m glad I’m not on a Chinese or American nuclear sub with one infected mate. I have made suggestions for a mobile assessment unit in the parking lot, and how to run it, weekend before last. Haven’t heard back… I also said I anticipated we’d need to work out home visits for our patients. No reply yet. I volunteered. I’m a fatalist.
    Jenny listened to NPR on her ay home from work last evening. The CDC was advising Americans to hoard, er, “stock up for a quarantine at home” yesterday. Beat the rush!
    Jenny wished me a good day as she headed to work this morning. “I love you”, I said. “I hope you don’t die of coronavirus”.
    Get stuff you’ll need now. Window of opportunity.

Dave Note
    Participant

The 1918 Influenza was introduced into the US by returning troops from the “Great War”

How ironic. The EU’s open borders at all cost will accelerate the spread there. One big happy family.

When, not if, the Covid-19 gets into refugee camps and Gaza in the ME, they won’t do anything for them accept try to quarantine them in the camps they are already quarantined in to begin with. Ghettos have there uses.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Reading the transcript evidence at Assange’s trial erases the line between conspiracy theories and the supposed real world.

wdt
    Participant

@VArnold
    Yes, 85% sure I got it from pkg, assembled guangdong begin yr,
    shipped quickly. Mostly over, less coughing up phlegm,
    odd tasting, never tasted that before, more than a month now

wdt
    Participant

Spam filter caught me trying to edit???
    –continued from above–
    OH, I meant to say,, you don’t pee out oil soluble vitamins, like D
    So you can take in one dose(/day), body stores and preserves
    Certainly better to get vitamins in food BUT pills are
    a much LARGER source, want to eat 30 oranges?

zerosum
    Participant

Did this disappear or was it fake news?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/health/mapping-coronavirus-middle-east-9-countries-hit-alarm-raised-over-vulnerable-refugee-camps
    Mapping Coronavirus In The Middle East: 9 Countries Hit As Alarm Raised Over Vulnerable Refugee Camps
    Notice also that the United Arab Emirates now has at least 13 confirmed cases, in a worrisome sign in could hit the gulf region hard, given also it’s a major international transport hub straddling east Asia and the West.
    Official government numbers of infected in the region are as follows:

Bahrain (17 cases)
    Egypt (1 case)
    Iran (61 cases)
    Iraq (5 cases)
    Israel (2 cases)
    Kuwait (3 cases)
    Lebanon (1 case)
    Oman (4 cases)
    UAE (13 cases)

John Day
    Participant

Nothing here y’all have not seen. Going for supplies now, then to work.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/02/brief-opportunity-window.html

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

@anticlimactic
    Nice set of pandemic karmic consequences for the US to chew on!

The Chinese certainly have some questions to answer when this pandemic finally burns out, however long that takes and whomever is left to pick up the pieces. Maybe we’ll get lucky, like in the movie Contagion, and some scientist will develop a vaccine in time to avert a major die-off. Maybe not.

In the meantime, it’s been fascinating watching the CCP shuck and jive their way through this thing, since their leaky information firewall has forced them to change stories several times already. Choosing between the virus and the economy (either way resulting in a tidal wave of public wrath) they are caught between the proverbial ‘devil and the deep blue sea’, a lose-lose situation only made worse by their continuous lying and stonewalling.

Lately, I’ve had the sneaking suspicion that the US is one of the least prepared nations to deal with this thing, especially with a mostly service-based economy running on printed money. What happens when all those fast-food restaurants and coffee shops have to close because of quarantines? There go half of US jobs with their respective tax revenues. If that happens you are going to see some shuck and jive that will put even the Chinese to shame.

Paper, journals, pencils, pens;
    Puzzles, games and playing cards;
    Real books and music stuff,
    So roughing it won’t be so rough.

Before I forget, Carol, John Day et al,

I read today that in Holland garlic and ginger prices are about to rise substantially soon because it is all imported from ….China.

You can grow garlic anywhere. But the disease must come from the same place as the defence against it. As post-stamp size Holland is the number 1 or 2 global tomato exporter. Poetic justice?

I’m tempted to say this is the summit of human stupidity, but just look at the competition for that title…

Dave Note
    Participant

The other day when I heard that Japan surrendered to Covid-19, a lot quicker than they surrendered in their hopeless condition midway thru WWII, I knew the other nations would fold.

Money and economy will always trump people and their general welfare. In fact, I expect all the Pathocrats ans Sub-adults in charge of all nations to cooperate with each other behinds the scenes to peddle the same basically false narrative that this whole virus thing has been blown out of ‘proportion’. The Pathocrats ans Sub-adults are an actual sub-species of hominid that arose the same time in human history as cities.

In the US, look how they’ve pimped the RussiaRussiaRussia fairy tale.

50% of the sheeple have bought into it, so why not pimp them the Orangeman Bad Virus story?

So what will be the two diametrically opposite pitches for explaining why the global economy/supply chain collapsed???

The Blame Game is On

In Trumpistan the narrative will be that the economy was humming along Great until the Evil Chinese Communist Dictatorship accidentally, through gross criminal negligence, allowed the Covid-19 out of their lab and destroyed not just the Chinese economy but the just-in-time supply chain to the good old US of A. We deserve better than that, we are the exceptional nation.

If the Democrats hadn’t stopped his agenda of making America Great Again by making stuff here, we would not have the supply chain Clusterfuck we have. Including not enough medical supplies and drugs because we off shored them too.

In Democratistan the supply chain was a great idea, Americans aren’t smart enough to manufacture their own basic necessities and the just in time supply chain would still be working if Orangeman Bad hadn’t picked on and bullied and triggered China into a trade war. By stressing China out, they couldn’t concentrate and thus the Wuhan Bio-lab dropped the ball.

Trump obviously has the easier task of explaining how the Covid-19 got loose. The Demos will probably say the Russians did it, but they have no evidence.

zerosum
    Participant

@ Dave Note
    🙂

I got a shorter story ….. just make sure to spell my name right T-R-U-M-P
    (VIRUS SHOULD NOT BE STEALING THE SPOTLIGHT.)

WES
    Participant

Dave Note:. That the Dems have no evidence is all the evidence required to prove the Russians did it!

WES
    Participant

When it comes to Julian, Trump has no control over the DoJ and FBI.

Barr was confirmed by the Gang of 8 in Congress. Barr works for the Deep State, not Trump.

Sadly, Julian must never talk so the Deep State can keep up the fake narrative that the Russian did it!

WES
    Participant

My parents said know:. Do you realize how hard it is to play solitaire with real cards after one has become addicted to playing cards using a mouse!

WES
    Participant

A pet peeves of mine.

Why can’t the makers of bagels pay their employees a few cents an hour more to 100% cut the bagels in half instead of only 80%?

Dave Note
    Participant

Wonder why the “WHO whores” haven’t declared this a pandemic?

It’s always about money isn’t it.

Investors flee from controversial pandemic bonds with coronavirus set to trigger payout

“Pandemic bonds sound like a curious financial concept — but they were brought in by the World Bank in 2017 to help developing economies. Against the odds, the coronavirus outbreak may see investors lose money on them….”

https://www.dw.com/en/investors-flee-from-controversial-pandemic-bonds-with-coronavirus-set-to-trigger-payout/a-52539926

VietnamVet
    Participant

The hatred between Donald Trump and Barack Obama isn’t about race. Instead it is about being so much alike. Being the most powerful man on earth brings wealth. Both are Masters at Public Relations. For Barack Obama, all of our problems can be solved by good PR. Donald Trump is a Reality TV Star. Neither have a science based ideology but are greed based instead. Both have bought mansions on the Atlantic Ocean that will be flooded within two generations.

Barrack Obama was lucky. His Ebola pathogen outbreak was so deadly it never got a foothold in the USA except for nurses who were infected because of inadequate Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE). Donald Trump will not be so lucky. As Richard Engel of NBC News said last night from an empty Hong Kong International Airport, the Wuhan Coronavirus is a “Killer Cold”. A super virus spreader could be in the USA right now but this is unknown without surveillance testing. Only an outbreak of viral pneumonia cases and positive lab tests of the patients will show that the virus has established itself in the USA. At that time there is only two options; do nothing and let the healthcare system be overwhelmed and the contagion run wild killing millions of Americans. Or, establish a quarantine around the infected city that may stop the spread of the coronavirus and perhaps save the for-profit hospitals to treat those who can pay for it.

Unless there is a miracle, Donald Trump shortly will have to make decisions that he cannot understand with inadequate information from a government that is divided against itself. Even if, amazingly, the virus doesn’t cross either the Atlantic or the Pacific Oceans from Asia, Europe or the Middle East, the US economy will take a secondary killer hit with nothing to sell except for goods made totally within NAFTA. Ready or not, Donald Trump is facing a Black Swan event.

WES
    Participant

Dave Note:. With the WHO it is all about corruption!

I am just waiting until the WHO come up with a new word to describe pandemic!

Dave Note
    Participant

The latest Max K has him saying that the Covid-19 shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the global economy really did collapse in 2008 and never recovered.

With global supply chains folding, the stock market just kept going up, up, and up because the vast majority of the companies are really just zombies, animated and propped up to simulate life and quasi health with endless free printed fiat money from the special near zero interest treasury window for stock buy backs.

No profits, no research and development for new products and saturated markets (smart phones)

Stock buy backs, the only thing that maintains appearances, which used to be very illegal are like formaldehyde, they keep the corpse from rotting in plain sight.

Sounds right to me.

Printing and QE are not going to stop, or slow or arrest this Covid-19.

The virus ‘don’t play that’, like Homey the Clown, it don’t fool around.

Homey don't play dat

WES
    Participant

Raul:. Holland a major tomato exporter?!

In sunny England they can only grow tomatoes in a green house! Not enough sun!

Maybe England gets all the rain and Holland only sunshine?

WES
    Participant

Dave Note:. Creating zombies is exactly what printing money is supposed to do (besides creating non-existant inflation) !

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Always, another personal anecdote.

I was front row at a nearly vacant Bethesda Maryland auditorium in early-mid 1980s as two titanic egos debated for credit over identifying the causative viral pathogen of the as-yet–to-be named disease characterized by opportunistic infections such pneumocistis carinii, oral thrush (candida) and unusual vascular neoplasias like Kaposi’s sarcoma. The two men, Robert Gallo and Anthony Fauci, settled on HTLV-III as a name for the virus was ncorrectly identified as AIDS causative agent which fell away to Luc Montagniers (currently full professor in Shanghai) Pasteur Institutes team correct Identification of LAV which we know today as HIV.
    And here’s Fauci in the spotlight again.

But once again let Whitney Webb clarify things in a non-hysterical way and link it to the Great Economic Game.

Is Wall Street Behind the Delay in Declaring the Coronavirus Outbreak a “Pandemic”?

Dave Note
    Participant

“Nassau County health officials are monitoring 83 people who have visited mainland China or may have come in contact with the coronavirus, officials said Wednesday…”

Well, well, well. Not too far from the Masters of the Universe at Wall St.

Hell, if it gets a toe hold in NYC, what you gonna do, quarantine the Big Apple?

How? You and who’s army?

Also sounds like they don’t have enough test kits deployed. Bluffing.

One of the key points about Singapore keeping a lid on their situation is the ability to test locally, like right in the local ER, not waiting two day turn around mailing the test kit out.

Let the shitshow begin.

Half the city will hightail it out of the greater metro area before you can say Bob’s ur Uncle.

Bob's your Uncle

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Has a simple, cheap cure for corona virus been found?
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32074550 (links to abstract only)
    And
    “Chloroquine phosphate has shown apparent efficacy in treatment of COVID-19 associated pneumonia in clinical studies”
    link to the PDF version: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bst/advpub/0/advpub_2020.01047/_pdf/-char/en
    And
    This video, with some nice sarcastic comments about the medical industry. It’s in French so you may need to set the auto-translate to your preferred language:

Dave Note
    Participant

great chart set on Feb 27 Covid-19

Updated COVID-19 statistics

And the Epoch Times Special Coverage Section

https://www.theepochtimes.com/c-coronavirus-outbreak

Dave Note
    Participant

The Global Financial System is Here

kimyo99
    Participant

false negatives, asymptomatic transmission and second positives, oh my.
    Japanese woman confirmed as coronavirus case for second time, weeks after initial recovery

The woman, a resident of Osaka, in western Japan, tested positive on Wednesday after developing a sore throat and chest pains, the prefectural government said in a statement, describing her as being in her forties. She first tested positive in late January and was discharged from hospital after recovering on Feb. 1, according to the statement.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Interesting to hear price rise on garlic and ginger from China (ginger is also a beneficial herb in fire cider). Why does almost no one outside the herb community know about these things? Here is the theory: because you cannot patent garlic or ginger there is no money in telling people to try using it, nor is there any significant interest in funding research into it.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.