Debt Rattle January 12 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 12 2020

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Crossroads grocery store and filling station, Yakima, Washington, Sumac Park 1939   • China Wants To Save Iran Nuclear Deal As It
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 12 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dorothea Lange Crossroads grocery store and filling station, Yakima, Washington, Sumac Park 1939

People used to actually make a living off of small businesses like that; today’s corrupt economics wouldn’t hear of it, much less allow it…

We’re just so fucked; and have no idea of just how much…

sumac.carol
    Participant

Yes Ilargi – I have the same reaction every time I hear someone say we should plant trees.
    Re the bees finally the truth about honey bees is getting out there.

zerosum
    Participant

A chorus of talking heads celebrated Trump’s killing of an Iranian leader. Few of them disclosed their ties to defense contractors.

Just designate someone “a terrorist” then you can legally assassinate them with impunity.
    ( THE SHEEP WON’T NOTICE THE ILOGIC)
    Assassinating someone by expending millions of dollars will also go unnoticed by the sheep who are too busy to put food on the table with their too small paycheck.

People used to actually make a living off of small businesses like that; today’s corrupt economics wouldn’t hear of it, much less allow it

The younger generations don’t have a clue why you say that.
    Many countries still have those kinds of small businesses scrambling to make enough money to pay the rakers and enablers and still have some saving at the end of the month to try to get an improved lifestyle.

We’re just so fucked; and have no idea of just how much…

Dr. D
    Participant

I don’t know. I heard they planted a lot of great, wonderful trees! Problem was, they were eucalyptus trees, which are made of oil and burn like gasoline. And then – Again and Again and Again and Again – the CO2 in those trees was just put there over the last few years. Then it’s released. Then it’s absorbed by trees. Then it’s released by trees = Net Zero. OMG, science a little, people. And 84% were caused by people, not climate. At the same time, the TAAN volcano went off, probably eclipsing the CO2 put out on the planet this year, and with mile-high ash will definitively cause global cooling. Don’t expect to hear about it.

At least Greta has it right that if you believe in CO2, it comes from the ground in locked-up resources, Not not not not not not not not not not not not not vegetable sources. Or cows via vegetable resources. And that trees will not help. Or not CO2 at least. Ugh.

Why is Extinction Rebellion an extremist group? Um, because you think the world is going extinct? In an apocalyptic fireball we must do anything to prevent? That’s the definition of Jimmy Jones, Hale-Bopp, Mike Pence kind of stuff. And while not violent, the premise of the organization requires, by any logical reading, extreme action. That’s the definition of “Extreme Group”, yes? And even, should anyone on the planet wish to survive, the only possible, logical reading would be that violent action is fully appropriate, if not required. To say otherwise only shows you don’t believe your own premise: “Extinction.” And that’s aside from the leaders and nearby associates saying they are promoting “open rebellion against the government” to get this done. Does the word “I am in open rebellion to the law and present norms of this country” not say “Extreme” to anyone? Whatever would, then? Of course they’re an extremist group. I thought they were proud of it.

Thankfully, their own followers by their own actions don’t believe a word of what they’re saying, as shown by how they are NOT in open rebellion, and are NOT violent, where if they believed a word they themselves say, they would have to be. But that’s how it is these days in universal lies. Weird world. CNN just had one where their reporter said Iranians are innocent, loving people who couldn’t be nicer to her while the whole 10,000 protestors were chanting “Death to America!” Funny part is: she’s right. But that also means they don’t mean a word of it either, or they have an American right there in their hands, and can death them all to their heart’s desire. That’s what happens when you lie every day about everything: you no longer even notice when your words and actions don’t match. Them, us, everyone.

More bees die every year in the US than all other fish and animals raised for slaughter combined.”
    Uh, what? They have like a 2 month lifespan. Of course they die. Btw, all fish and animals raised have a 100% mortality rate. Just like humans, trees, aliens, and all named things in time-space.

Are you trying to say something here, or just using words?

Okay, P.S, if you want to be green, drink cow milk then. But not cow milk. Not soy milk. Not almond milk. Not in plastic or in paper. Not in a boat or with a goat. Sounds like humans should just die then. And be quick about it, as Scrooge said.

Honeybees out-compete diverse native bee species for forage,” I have no idea what he’s saying here except he didn’t bother to read that new-fangled “Wikipedia”, like all reporters, not just but especially Guardian reporters. Newsflash: ALL bees in north America are non-native. There were no honeybees in North America. Maybe he means wasps and bumblebees, but if so, they can hardly be called “pollinators” as there were no almonds, apples, pears in North America either. You’d be eating corn, grass, and squash.

“It wasn’t that long ago that beekeeping was mostly a boutique pursuit” Not that long: only +100 years or five generations ago. Practically yesterday! “European immigrants introduced their own version of agriculture to North America” only 300-400 years ago. Also practically yesterday! 20 generations ago. How do I know? Almonds are the WORST pollinators on the planet. That means since we got there and planted the first orchard, they have ALWAYS had to put bees there. Not just because anywhere we go, we’ll bring bees, wildly increasing their numbers and habitat. In fact, we would FORCE bees there, while de-flowering every other thing in bee-range because otherwise they would eat THAT and ignore the almonds. And almonds have been there since the Spanish, so… Fake, fake, more fake. Bulls—t, fake, and false. Then made up, invented, not researched, and wrong, although I’m guessing the farmer you spoke to knew this. Okay, yes, it’s gotten larger. Yes, the major industry is to let bees fat up and you know — not die – by summering over in Minnesota hayfields, then trucking them back to the almond Bataan March, where they can pick up more anti-termite and neonicotinoid pesticides in le plus uber-progressive eco California that kill them dead. So green. We should be like them. Note: no such thing as “Colony Collapse” until those toxins were released in 2006. …Another amazing coincidence no one should look into or believe or anything.

And they’re “exploited”? Compared to me? My job and tax rate? The Draft? Opioid pushers? Worldwide slavery and human trafficking? I mean…yes? But if they’re reversing this and breeding viable almond pollen, then no? We care about and are helping them? You know, like we do when we build them houses and fight their predators? Like when we gave them a whole new continent to buzz on? Don’t know what you’re saying here. This is what humans do, like beavers, prairie dogs, and ant colonies. So this expression only makes any sense if humans = not nature. If Humans = bad. Kill all the humans, every day. Except the ones in London and NYC: only the naughty farming ones who have trees and fields and forests.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

“Tree-planting anyone?”

Trees won’t absorb anywhere near enough carbon to make a difference. One scientist in my part of the world reckons that we’ve lost agency over CO2 emissions for the next 1,000 years. We’ve got to stop throwing megatons of stored carbon, i.e. fossil fuels, into the atmosphere. But the world economy is completely reliant on fossil fuels and at the moment renewable energy sources cannot be developed in the absence of fossil fuels. What to do? What a predicament!

And in Oz at the moment if you want to plant trees, go ahead. Only there’s no water for them, no rain now and none predicted in my part of the country until April maybe possibly perhaps. The current fires cannot be extinguished and they will simply burn and burn and burn until all natural fuel is consumed. No rain, no regeneration. We’re making the land into a desert. We are such total fossil fools.

Chernobyl helped push over the crumbling Soviet Union. Some good news: the current federal government may have experienced its Chernobyl moment as the bushfire disaster may possibly help push over the increasingly inept and delusional feds as they show themselves unable and unwilling to confront the situation. They seem to be losing their moral legitimacy and claims to govern.

I would applaud this development except that the Opposition are just as bereft of reason and useful ideas as the Government. They too worship coal. And if all that happens is that we lose the current PM but the party remains in power, then the man likely to occupy the office next has been nicknamed “Benito” by one of the more rational daily newspapers. As Shakespeare wrote, there is small choice in rotten apples.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Many countries still have those kinds of small businesses scrambling to make enough money to pay the rakers and enablers and still have some saving at the end of the month to try to get an improved lifestyle.

How about that! I live in a country like that. Many small businesses in our village; food shops, small general merchadise stores, laundry, and seamstresses…
    Village life is wonderful and stress free for the most part…
    Westerners here tend to isolate within little communities of other westerners; missing completely the place within which they live. The author of the book Culture Shock bemoaned that after 20 years here he couldn’t say he had one Thai friend. That left me speechless.
    I would say to him; you learned all the words, you played all the notes; but you never quite learned the song…

V. Arnold
    Participant

…you learned all the words…
    Should be sang all the words…

wdt
    Participant

OK, I just had to register re the Gaurdian, well how much credibility does it have?
    I’ve had bees, over 40 years now, if you don’t keep on top of the varroa, you won’t have bees
    So I guess Ayr should have been watching better, and maybe trying “new” things,,
    CHECKING to see how well they work. It’s easy enough to check, takes time
    But then, if you save thousands of dollars, maybe time well spent
    And, yes my poor bees have ccd (colony collapse), for 12 years now, it’s a real pain.
    I’ve lost 70-80 over that time, I’m a small sideliner, max 25 hives, usually less (10-12)
    Too old to lug heavy boxes
    Up to 80% late fall die off, hard to repopulate from 2 or 3 in spring, don’t get much honey
    FWIW, I think ccd is NOT caused by neo-nics, but a nasty virus, like ebola for insects.
    The one and only epidemiological study found the best correlation was physical proximity
    Don’t get me wrong, chemical use should be minimized wherever possible and feasible,
    but absolutely not banned. Most other insecticides are worse
    This year, so far, lost 1 in summer and 1 in Sept, there will be a few more.
    It’s easy to tell, once you know what it looks like. And yes, I fight the mites hard
    A real pain

V. Arnold
    Participant

OK, I just had to register re the Gaurdian, well how much credibility does it have?
    I’ve had bees, over 40 years now, if you don’t keep on top of the varroa, you won’t have bees
    wdt

Thanks for that post; very informative for us non-bee keepers.
    I love honey bees; here we have the wild Asian honey bees; wonderful to have around. Very gentle and friendly…but never stay for more than a year.
    In years past they have nested in our mango trees; but haven’t had a nest for the last few years…

boscohorowitz
    Participant

I knew that store in Yakima. Ahtanum and Tenth, give or take

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.