Debt Rattle January 16 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 16 2017

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John Collier Japanese restaurant, Monday after Pearl Harbor, San Francisco 1941 • World Could Enjoy Utopian Future With Sustainable Development (Ind.)
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 16 2017]

rapier
    Participant

One thing about Trump and his party is that they don’t buy into all this sustainable part of development. They know we don’t need no stinking ‘sustainable’ anything, for they know the earth and the market and God will provide as much growth and development as we want for ever and ever and ever.

So as far as anyone here should care about such matters if Trump is accidentally slightly more rational about international relations doesn’t really mean a thing.

zerosum
    Participant

“But the point stands: where is the money going, what is it being spend on, and why is there no public accounting of this? Why are refugees freezing to death?”

North Korea comes to mind.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

“Controversial” is a feature of the audience, not the speaker. There seems to be a lot going on lately which the speaker sees as boring and normal that the audience comes unhinged over.

Tell me if I’m mistaken, but wasn’t it said that the 35-page report was written during the election by a troll on 4chan to test what level of transparent nonsense Hillary supporters would believe, then stand back and point fingers at them for being gullible? And then, when the writer saw this transparent, idiotic, completely-made-up nonsense was being picked up by the media during the election, he thought it was funnier to let it run?

Then, Republicans (later Democrats) had paid a high-priced MI6 ex-agent to find dirt on Trump, so he read some buzz on chat boards and sold it to them? Those English mansions don’t buy themselves, you know! From there, John McCain has admitted he handed it to the FBI as evidence, whereupon it became the hidden, top secret report the CIA was using but wouldn’t admit to reporters, although though Intelligence secrecy being what it is, they all knew about and hinted at? (“October surprise,” “you’re not printing dirt on Trump,” etc.)

So basically, we have a case where a cellar-dweller on 4chan wrote wild, transparently false, easily disprovable trollop, and the GOP, and DNC literally bought it with donors’ hard cash. The CIA not only printed it and stood behind it, but now they want affirmations of complete confidence in the intelligence community and the directors personally after doing so, for clearly political reasons? (certainly not for factual ones) Telling Trump HE’S the one who should be embarassed, not go off on loose information, and watch himself?

Then CNN, after doing all they could to pump the story without actually printing it (suggesting it was true but unconfirmed) does everything but put Trump in a headlock on the podium of his own press conference to question Trump’s “attack” on their completely fake troll-fiction, then makes a story instead about how the President-elect doesn’t like to be shouted down in his own office by known liars?

And so, a week later, still no one is talking about the CIA’s top source is the fictional ramblings of a basement troll, and is therefore more-than-justifiably in the sights for a round of firings, if not complete erasure, as we already have 16 other intelligence agencies, 14 of which did not agree?

Or am I reading this wrong? Even if the 4Chan part is untrue, would that make all that much difference when the published report is proven false with the slightest review?

So unprecedented, says the yellowcake man in the corner with weapons of mass destruction and ties to al-Qaeda, meeting on a park bench in Prague. Oh wait, that was them too. But never mind about how the CIA “didn’t have any evidence” that “got us into” an “illegal world war”, “killing millions,” and “bankrupting the country”, we’re too busy being mad at Trump. Because he is mad at an agency that appears to use any falsehood whatsoever for political gain, and at the media who helps it all happen.

But I’m not smart like the important people and I have trouble following things. Did I miss something?

Nassim
    Participant

Porto Cesareo beach, Puglia, southern Italy, January 7th 2017

Nassim
    Participant

Porto Cesareo beach, Puglia, southern Italy, January 7th 2017

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Nassim,
    Easily explained. The daily temperature of the Earth is only .39 C over the 1979-2000 average:
    https://cci-reanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#T2_anom

Stephen Maturin
    Participant

We got plenty going to kill us with or without ‘sustainable development.’ The UN Global Goals are common sense. They are only ‘impossibly ambitious’ from the point of view of those powers which have made global society incredibly unfair and inhumane. It was one thing 40 or 50 years ago when much of the globe was the Third World. Now, within an increasingly wealthy global polity, ignoring human nurturance stands out as a deliberate choice. No, profit per se won’t be made in the aggregate from the installation of global sustainability infrastructures. There’s a choice to be made between militaries paying people to kill each other (already happening, profit involved) or governments/NGOs paying people to plant trees across the Sahel, et al, no profit involved. Many thousands of semi-permanent Black Rock Cities (Burning Man) will need to be built. Abundant human resources, surplus to the present system, are badly needed to sequester carbon in soils and new forests across the globe as they set up new climate-adaptive survival systems. Any initiatives pointing in that direction are useful, especially compared to doing nothing.

composer
    Participant

when will you be back on Face book I miss you there

composer, they temporarily blocked my account again ”for security reasons”. I don’t know what these people want, and they don’t tell me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.