Debt Rattle January 8 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 8 2019

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Bather on the beach 1920   • German Industrial Production Unexpectedly Slumps (WSJ) • China’s Current GDP Growth Likely Less Than 6
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 8 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

There is something strangely alluring to Pablo Picasso Bather on the beach 1920.
    Not sure what that is…

Dr. D
    Participant

“Turkey would not accept Washington handing them over to the YPG.”

Or else what? They invade us? Boycott us? They’ll make fun of our President?

Negotiations for Assange continue as the administration says he is simply a protected publisher, like the NY Times…despite what the NY Times says, that they don’t want 1st Amendment protection, and aren’t going to publish anything embarrassing to the CIA anymore. Remember: Assange has the source that will blow the Hillary-Russia illusion out of the water, ending the Mueller investigation. The Trump administration wouldn’t mind seating him safely before Congress. …But there are problems, issues, risks. It doesn’t have to go smoothly, and they don’t need him. Another victim of infinite jurisdiction, Kim.com, is firing back at them as well.

“Some of the claims were more bizarre,”

Not that bizarre, I remember reading each one of these, and each one being taken seriously and repeated. Meanwhile actual true allegations, that CNNs Donna Brazile threw the debate for HRC, that the NYT Editor Jill Abramson has always placed stories favorable for HRC and never failed them, or that half the anchors and guests of the major networks work for some aspect of the security state, are ex-generals, ex-CIA, such as Brennan, are completely ignored and indeed, although proven for years, are treated as conspiracy theories. Read the Church Report. That was 1975, and no one was fired. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Committee Everything printed about Assange is true, but everything printed about everyone else is crazy. How do people know which lie is supposed to be true? Do I not get the memo? Did I not get the TPM Report?

“Warming Of Oceans Equivalent to an Atomic Bomb Per Second For 150 Years (G.)”

Because, The Guardian, isn’t this a repeat of the article they just got totally wrong, off by a factor of 100, only about a month ago? Science lambasted pretty good over that for a change, one of the scientists had to back down, but no one remembers it was complete mathematical nonsense because…

Just seat of the pants sanity check, do you think you could do that and have the oceans effectively not change temperature? I mean, obviously, to the touch, because that’s what they’re claiming, and if you’ve been to the oceans lately, they’re not hotter. You need widespread scientific equipment to detect it because the change is so small – a degree or two.

Looked at another way, suppose it WAS true. Wouldn’t that mean we are so small that our biggest, most energetic device ever—much worse than CFCs or CO2 — is basically having no effect? Not even if you used it all day long, putting out thousands of times more energy than all our power plants combined, and did so since the Industrial Age began? That is to say, we did our worstest and we still couldn’t affect the planet much? I dunno. Back of the envelope checks aren’t science, but that tells me that I’d have to dig in and check their premise because it is way, WAY off.

84 TerraJoules or 20 Gigawatts x 4,730,400,000 (not including leap years) seconds = 397,353,600,000 terrajoules. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT_equivalent Something like 39^10 is about the energy released by the Chicxulub impact that destroyed the dinosaurs 65M years ago – a crater 100 miles wide and 10 miles deep. Since we’ve only barely ever been using oil on this level for 1/3 of this time, since 1970, and the population was only 3B then, I’m going to have to call shenanigans on this one. Again. Because the Guardian hasn’t told the truth in decades, and never about climate. This is the anniversary of the year there was supposed to be no ice in the Arctic. Arctic Ice and glaciers are now growing.

Let’s go another way: IF the seas were warming, then arguably the smallest, shallowest seas would warm first: the Mediterranean. How warm is the Mediterranean, relatively, compared to say 1900 or 1940? Because it’s snowing there now.

kultsommer
    Participant

Even that blocked out face and hand gave me a clue that was “him” I had to click in suspense.
    Thanks for finding and posting some works from “wardrobe chest”.
    Story about Julian topped with Monsanto schemes like serving of dairy queen ugliness.

seychelles
    Participant

China approved five genetically modified (GM) crops for import on Tuesday, the first in about 18 months in a move that could boost its overseas grains purchases and ease pressure from the United States to open its markets to more farm goods.

Stealth Zioglobalist population control: (hopefully) killing them slowly and unobtrusively with GMO and adding some zip to short-term profits.

zerosum
    Participant

• Rival Fiefdoms Emerge In Scramble Over Trump’s Syria Withdrawal (AlM)

We are not at war.
    We are not involved in a war.
    I never said that we were at war and until I say that we are at war then we are not at war.

Don’t believe what you hear. Those flying war machines are not involved in war efforts.
    Those explosions have not been made by us. That destruction did not happen because of us.

There are too many cry babies complaining.

Its all FAKE NEWS.

Its all PROPOGANDA.

/sar·casm
    [ˈsärˌkazəm]

NOUN
    the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    “his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment”
    synonyms:
    derision · mockery · ridicule · satire · irony · scorn · sneering · scoffing · gibing · taunting · trenchancy · mordancy · acerbity · causticity · mordacity

seychelles
    Participant

The country owes China more than $6.5 billion in debt and falling oil prices have affected its repayment abilities.

Same old, same old. The more China and the US appear to be different, the more they begin to look as functionally different as the Dems and Repubs. Different Potemkin facades hiding the same garbage dump.

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-07/france-free-fall

“A group of retired generals published an open letter, saying that signing the Global Compact was a further step towards “the abandonment of national sovereignty” and noted that “80% of the French population think that immigration must be halted or regulated drastically“.

The author Éric Zemmour described the “yellow vests” revolt as the result of the “despair of people who feel humiliated, forgotten, dispossessed of their own country by the decisions of a contemptuous caste”.

What did the French do the last time that they revolted against a “contemptuous caste”?
    Will the “contemptuous caste” succeed in diverting the anger of the yellow vest to the immigrants?.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.