Debt Rattle July 6 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 6 2015

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

DPC ‘On the beach, Palm Beach’ 1905 • Minister No More! (Yanis Varoufakis) • Our NO Is A Majestic, Big YES To A Democratic, Rational Europe! (Varoufak
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 6 2015]

Greenpa
    Participant

I find too many disturbing parallels with the slave rebellions in ancient Rome- the 3rd, partially led by Spartacus, being the one Hollywood is most familiar with.

Debt slavery is exactly that. Slave Greece has now revolted. With exceptional leaders. But keep in mind how that turned out for the slaves; many thousands slaughtered in battle, and 6,000 crucified; slavery reestablished, harsher than ever. The Owners do not like being challenged; and retaliate. It’s how they stay in power. True across cultures and millennia; India, China, Maya, Aztec, Britain, USA – all slave based- either outright or via free-range slavery variants- and all vindictive as hell.

One difference here: I’m 100% certain (without actual proof) that Varoufakis is absolutely aware of all this. He’s exceptionally intelligent and educated- and active. I think his chances are better than Spartacus’ ever were- but- Rome hates him, big time. He will remain a target. I’d also bet he will remain an active force.

We’re cheering for you, Yanis. Stay alive.

Greenpa
    Participant

Raúl, I’d be extremely interested in the opinions there on the true motivations for Varoufakis’ resignation; if you can winkle any out of street noise. Various media report “removed”, “forced”, and “resigns” with accompanying suggestions it was entirely voluntary- etc. Amid the Fogs Of Fox it’s very hard to get a hint at this distance.

My own guess would be that his resignation was the result of careful calculation by the Syriza planners, and that Varoufakis was definitely in on the decision. And that they all have definite plans for what he does next. They’ve been very smart so far; I see no reason for them to stop being smart now.

Ex-PFC Chuck
    Participant

Here’s another Greece-related post to check out today from John Helmer in Moscow. A quite disturbing one, in fact.
    “NUDELMAN’S NEW WAR, NULAND’S NEMESIS – WILL GREECE, OR WON’T GREECE BE DESTROYED TO SAVE HER FROM RUSSIA, LIKE UKRAINE?”
    https://johnhelmer.net/?p=13712

Greenpa
    Participant

Re: polar bears. It IS very sad; and has already been going on a very long time. https://littlebloginthebigwoods.blogspot.com/2011/10/mourning.html

Incidentally, if you eat cashew nuts- you likely contributed to the rhino extinction. Illegal planting in their preserves was a huge factor.

An evolutionary reality for the polar bears, though- their genes are very likely to survive, in the hybrid grizzly-polar bears already documented. In a real sense- the species will not be extinct; but submerged. It is quite possible a polar bear species could re-emerge from those hybrids- if the ice environment they are adapted to should ever return.

Well; if, of course, the hybrid “growlars” and “pizzlies” have not been wiped out in the meantime. Shell Oil is set to start drilling in the Arctic Ocean within days.

Greenpa
    Participant

Chuck – very interesting, but I found this possibly the most telling: “Greek officers don’t speak to the Murdoch press…”

Oh, really? To me that’s a slight suggestion that Syriza has actually won over the Greek military. Hm.

John Day
    Participant

Yanis Varoufakis might visit Russia and China more this month, might he not?
    🙂

prickly thistle
    Participant

absolutely fascinated. and hopeful.

a heartfelt thanks to ye all for sharing such intelligent and well constructive thoughts and perspectives. immensely helpful.

what do ye all think about this perspective:
    https://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=b2e423622e

suggesting that there might have been a parting of the ways? that Yanis wants to get right on out of the EU, but that Tsipras doesn’t…? I’ve wondered myself why the crazy huge need to stay “in Europe”, entangled, weighed down…why negotiate a “better” debt situation, one that can be lived with (?)…why not just get the feck out, go it on their own, with new and different trading partners/alliances/agreements…

how are the Greeks responding to the Minister-No-More situation? have the banks opened yet? do you have a sense of what sort of deal they will be willing to live with?

it’s only a matter of time before it’s our turn.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ prickly thistle

This is where I think it’s important to listen, listen, to the words spoken. One listening from the very beginning sees the pattern, the cadence, the words carefully chosen. And then, the action that follows. Do the actions follow the words?
    IMO, Tsipras and Varoukakis are men of integrity and action; extremely rare in todays world; especially the action bits.
    With a learned eye towards a critical view of the game played, one soon learns the bankrupt from the not bankrupt. The line is thin at best, but with practice and intelligence the line can be discerned.
    It’s enough to know most players are bankrupt; knowing this helps to see other…

Greenpa
    Participant

Prickly; your link fellow there seems heavy on the opinion and ideology, short on any inside facts. And the “He lied to us!” thing is beyond naive. Syriza is in the middle of horse trading with Brussels. If you expect Syria to say “yes this horse is almost dead” – while trying to sell it- you don’t understand how bargaining works…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.