Debt Rattle July 8 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 8 2020

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Unknown Strictly no elephants 1939   • Serious Brain Disorders In People With Mild Coronavirus Symptoms (G.) • Scientists Warn Of Potential Wave
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 8 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Unknown Strictly no elephants 1939

Very cute…and funny…

Nice to see TAE back to comments (mostly) minus the endless diatribes…
    …and I’m not pointing to Dr. D, zero sum, or John Day…
    Peace

Dr. D
    Participant

Yes, if you cut O2 to the body, the brain doesn’t like it. That can lead to all kinds of things that are similar but not really a stroke.

The difference is, when 0.0001% of the people have something, that may be “shark attack” territory, but it’s still 800,000 cases. Among those cases you will have 0.0001% events, or 80 people each with a strange outcome. Now: does that make it relevant, dangerous, newsworthy, worth killing you know, like a million Americans with closed hospitals, no jobs, cratered economy, increased drug use, violent riots, and doubling crime? Uh, no. Now you’re saving the 80 by killing the 800,000. Congrats.

Note, no one cared about all these cases in the last 100 years where someone gets flu, has completely safe, common surgery and something odd results. Only when they’re trying to herd you somewhere and slaughter you. I can’t stop every sheep from being taken by wolves—that’s just life—but I can stop them from being driven over a cliff for no good reason.

Back to Calc.exe, there are 6,000 beds in a state of 21M. Naturally, of course, always, forever, they will NOT tell you what the average occupancy rate is. But if you get below the headline – which America’s panicked, illiterate people apparently can’t do – it says “17% of the total 6,010 adult ICU beds were available.” Huh? They’re at only 80% occupancy and this article is saying they’re full? WTF? And it frightening rose THREE whole percent? That’s statistical churn, you innumerate chuckleheads. So was there a house fire somewhere? A riot perhaps? 1,200 BEDS ARE OPEN. That’s an entire village.
    Because: open mouth, more lies in next sentence. “Florida’s coronavirus cases have soared.” Quite true: thank you. We’ve been testing, the testing picks up all coronas CV or not, glad you noticed. AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOSPITALIZATIONS. You’re conflating two things in order to fabricate headlines. Cases spike!!!

Fla
    https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/cases%20vs%20deaths%202.jpg?itok=qYoCQ7_3

Deaths do…nothing. They rise teeeeeeeny tiiiiiiny beeeeeeet. Which, above, is 180 people in a state of 21 million, assuming – as the article very carefully refuses to look at or check – that ANY of the 180 people are actually CV people.

Now I totally believe some of those 180 – maybe all – are CV cases. That’s 0.000085%, so please buy a lottery ticket, it’s far more likely. That’s their “Soaring”.

people with life-threatening conditions other than COVID-19 had avoided hospitals earlier in the pandemic to the detriment of their health.”

Aaaaand your real problem. Since death below 70 comorbid is 0.0008, there are 329,736,000 Americans who are NOT dying of CV and who have other health issues, a large percentage of which are NOT going anywhere to get any health care. Laws of large numbers, folks. When numbers are this radically different, it’s super easy for a tiny delay in health care to kill 10x, 100x the number saved by Covid. Which I say every day, but they love, love, LOVE to kill the 99% to save the 1. That’s true love, true caring! If only we could kill 99 to save 1 poor person every day, we would do it. And make it up on the volume.

See? It was just mean to kill the 1 to save the 99 in our former Ethical Utilitarianism, so CLEARLY the solution is to kill the 99 and save the 1 instead. That’s your basic trolley problem solution: kill them all, let God sort them out. Excuse me if I think that is no better, and quite possibly 99x worse. Sorry life involves death, and choices, but we haven’t got the solution yet. We are not winning any #WarOnDeath, and like the War on Drugs and War on Poverty, it is quite certainly a War FOR Death, but incredible, yummy profits and complete elimination of human rights and all human joys and behaviors. It’s a War on #Logos, Reason, Reality itself.

Surely Herr Docktor, you are making all this up with acerbic cynicism and confirmation bias:

“Majority Testing Positive Have No Symptoms (BBC)”

No. I’m not. But I am dead serious about you losing all your human rights, all freedom, all human joys, and killing a couple million people to boot, while profiting the most selfish and evil. It’s already happening, Mr. Bezos. Don’t help. But they love death. They are a death cult. They are Anti life itself, and fight against life, and love, everywhere they find it. They destroy what it means to be “Human.”

“All US sports teams need to be renamed.”

Well, beyond all “Columbias”, they have the word “National” in “National Football League”, so that needs to go. “No borders, no wall, no U.S.A at all!” Is there anything done here that makes you think they were kidding? News from this minute: “Ilhan Omar calls for dismantling of U.S. government and economy.” You know, like “defunding the police” literally, past tense in her district, not as hyperbole, and literally nationalizing health care as first among all industries, as we create funds, people’s shareholders of all corporations as in Bernie’s plan, first step of dismantling all economy, and preventing me from owning what I work for and create.

What can I say? They just tell you, but people literally won’t believe the very words they say. Is it because you think they’re all liars? Can’t you just credit that they can at least speak what is in their minds, their willful intent? “No borders, no wall, no U.S.A at all.” “Pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon” and then throw maltov cocktails into manned police cars. This ain’t hard, people. It’s not splitting atoms to read words: No U.S.A at All. No Bill of rights, no balance of powers. No police, no courts, no jails, no enforcement. Only raw, naked power, run by money, guns, and the mob. I mean, who’s the dumb guy here? Is there any way they could make it clearer? WE. BURN. THINGS. AND. KILL. PEOPLE. AND. WANT. MORE.

Oh well. Diatribe ended. Just need to up the level, as we seem hypnotized and immobile when urgency and action is recommended. I for one am glad it’s out in the open and we can decide.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh well. Diatribe ended.

Ah, you just couldn’t resist a jab, eh?
    No problem: the beat goes on……………..
    🙂

zerosum
    Participant

Why would someone become a politician!

• Serious Brain Disorders In People With Mild Coronavirus Symptoms (G.)
    ———-
    • Scientists Warn Of Potential Wave Of COVID-Linked Brain Damage (R.)
    “My worry is that we have millions of people with COVID-19 now. And if in a year’s time we have 10 million recovered people, and those people have cognitive deficits … then that’s going to affect their ability to work and their ability to go about activities of daily living,” Adrian Owen, a neuroscientist at Western University in Canada, told Reuters in an interview.
    ——
    covid19 more effective than small pox
    • Majority Testing Positive Have No Symptoms (BBC)

——-
    Spitters are on the move, ( a person who spits (ejects saliva or phlegm from the mouth))• Stanford’ Ioannidis Says Greece Needs More Aggressive COVID Testing (GR)
    ———-
    The American dream
    ONLY If you are rich

• Purdue Pharma Made Political Contributions After Going Bankrupt (IC)
    The Sackler family — including Jonathan Sackler, a co-owner of Purdue who died Monday — made off with over $10 billion in company funds.

If the TV show “House” had been made today, the episodes would be ten seconds long.

zerosum
    Participant

WHY did the elites react to covid19 the way they did?
    Implementation of quarantines of the uninfected
    Look at the past

When the Black Death swept over Europe and wiped out a third of its population, it also dismantled Feudalism. Serfs were free to leave the lands of the lords to seek higher wages with the vast labour shortages. The land that had usually been the primary source of wealth was now worthless.
    The main difference between serf and peasant is that peasants were free to move from fief to fief or manor to manor to look for work. Serfs, on the other hand, were like slaves except that they could not be bought or sold.

Nearly 700 years after the Black Death swept through Europe, it still haunts the world as the worst-case scenario for an epidemic. Called the Great Mortality as it caused its devastation, this second great pandemic of Bubonic Plague became known as the Black Death in the late 17th Century.

The plague killed an estimated 25 million people, almost a third of the continent’s population. The Black Death lingered on for centuries, particularly in cities. Outbreaks included the Great Plague of London (1665-66), in which 70,000 residents died.

The plague killed indiscriminately – young and old, rich and poor – but especially in the cities and among groups who had close contact with the sick. Entire monasteries filled with friars were wiped out and Europe lost most of its doctors. In the countryside, whole villages were abandoned.

Spanish flu. The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting about 15 months from spring 1918 (northern hemisphere) to early summer 1919, it infected 500 million people – about a third of the world’s population at the time.

The most popular theory of how the plague ended is through the implementation of quarantines. The uninfected would typically remain in their homes and only leave when it was necessary, while those who could afford to do so would leave the more densely populated areas and live in greater isolation.

I must be a disappointment to many elites that the covid19 has gone out of control and is attacking more than the rifraf

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottpulsipher/2020/07/08/covid-19-accelerates-3-disruptive-trends-facing-higher-education/#41725e3b38df
    Covid-19 Accelerates 3 Disruptive Trends Facing Higher Education
    Scott Pulsipher

The truth is that higher education entered the pandemic with pre-existing conditions: rapidly escalating costs, a widening disconnect with future workforce needs, crushing student debts, unacceptable racial disparities in outcomes, and low completion rates overall. The higher education sector is also in the throes of technology-driven disruption, a disruption irreversibly accelerated by Covid-19. But even without a pandemic, the future of higher education was never going to look like its past. And even without a pandemic, our regulatory framework was ill-equipped to cope.

Covid-19 accelerates three critical trends in higher education, each of which predates the pandemic, and each of which demands a new policy approach.
    The third disruptive trend is the transition from a degree-based talent pipeline to a skills-based talent pipeline. The idea that a college degree singularly prepares students for decades of work has long been outdated; instead, learning is a lifelong process that intersects with the workforce continually. In the future, degrees will continue to hold value, not because of the degree credential, but because a degree is composed of many skills and competencies that are valued by employers.
    (more)

John Day
    Participant

Dr D mentioned “Death Cult” last night. That’s Nihilism.
    I’m wondering if it may be a massive herd adaptive mechanism, in harmony with elites turning masses of humans against each other in war. Maybe it happens with or without elite guidance and profiteering.
    Maybe we are more like colonies of ants, bees or termites than we think, but fancier.
    Just musing. Gotta’ get on the bike to work…
    I looked at that mathematical analysis of COVID cases. It’s interesting. I have not read it all.
    What I am comfortable that I see is a lot of mild to moderate illness, and a lot of those recovered still having tremendous anxiety, if they were sick enough to go to a hospital. Some people are positive weeks apart from the first positive (false positives or not?) There are some people with persistent symptoms, of course, especially fatigue, aches and lung pains/cough.
    I feel more and more like we only think we are changing the flows of this virus and history.
    I’m still doing what I’m doing, but I again have doubts about independent-human-agency, “Free Will”.
    I’m aware of the arguments, and I act as though I have free will, but I’m just not certain.

EyeTryToReason
    Participant

Hello Everyone!
    Does anyone remember reading “awakenings” by Oliver Sacks?
    This would not be the first time that a influenza-like virus has caused
    serious brain problems.
    Some of our vaunted “experts” are babbling that they have never seen
    anything like this before… don’t they learn the history of their own profession?

From the CDC’s website

Volume 26, Number 5—May 2020
    Policy Review
    Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures
    “Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”

As deaths decrease and angry golden-agers call cspan demanding that IF children are ALLOWED to go back to school, they MUST social distance and wear masks, I’m becoming a little ashamed of my age cohort.

In “House”, a brilliant but manipulative diagnostician discovers why a patient is dying. Now he could simply say “Covid”.
    There are soooo many peculiar afflictions one can get to meet an untimely death.

zerosum
    Participant

Why do I see on TV that China wears Full body protection with booties and respirators when dealing with covid19
    Are some people paranoid about safety or doing the right thing.
    https://pksafety.com/hazmat-suits/

zerosum
    Participant

Read a longer version of
    Looking at the Past

http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-american-economy-in-four-words.html
    Neofeudalism is not a re-run of feudalism. It’s a new and improved, state-corporate version of indentured servitude.

Mr. House
    Participant

@ John Day

in regards to free will i always enjoyed this podcast

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/episodes/103951-the-good-show

VietnamVet
    Participant

WaPo newsletter despite the misleading headline “Some U.S. health officials lament a coronavirus crisis that didn’t need to happen” lays out the debacle that has killed 132,000 Americans. “The thing that’s been driving me crazy is that we’ve just decided that the standard health response — the only thing that’s worked in any of the countries that suppressed the virus — is something that we’re just not going to do… This number of deaths is a fourth of what the country lost to World War II in three and a half years… If the United States employs effective containment measure — including social distancing and mask wearing — that 200,000 number doesn’t have to be inevitable.”

This is the direct result of the West’s amoral ruling neo-capitalism ideology that dismantled democracy. Profit and bonuses are all that matters. Wait for the for-profit treatment or vaccine. No different than the austerity imposed on Greece or the 737 Max crashes. Work to live. Get infected and die or survive to pay off the bills for the rest of your life. Money is not being spent for adequate personnel protective equipment for workers (prisons, nursing homes, meat packing plants, and hospitals) or to restore the federal public health system to coordinate the fight against the pandemic.

Archie
    Participant

“This number of deaths is a fourth of what the country lost to World War II in three and a half years”

Thank you V.V. for, once again, putting this sorry country of ours into perspective. No where to go now…

Makes me really envious of Khun V Arnold. Need to see some elephants and jungle and people who value both. IOW, 180 degrees the opposite of where we are.

V. Arnold
    Participant

This is the direct result of the West’s amoral ruling neo-capitalism ideology that dismantled democracy. Profit and bonuses are all that matters. Wait for the for-profit treatment or vaccine. No different than the austerity imposed on Greece or the 737 Max crashes. Work to live. Get infected and die or survive to pay off the bills for the rest of your life. Money is not being spent for adequate personnel protective equipment for workers (prisons, nursing homes, meat packing plants, and hospitals) or to restore the federal public health system to coordinate the fight against the pandemic.

Spot on…

Makes me really envious of Khun V Arnold. Need to see some elephants and jungle and people who value both. IOW, 180 degrees the opposite of where we are.

Well, come on over; it’s the rainy season. Great healthcare and living is cheap… 🙂

zerosum
    Participant

Have you decided?

Hydroxychloroquine and fake news

Hydroxychloroquine and fake news
    Fake news is keeping us away from the treatment to end the coronavirus crisis
    by AvatarJeremy Gordon
    July 8, 2020
    ——–
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/hydroxychloroquine-and-fake-news
    Authored by Jeremy Gordon via TheDuran.com,

The anti-hydroxychloroquine media has been full of the supposed dangers of hydroxychloroquine and its failure as a treatment for the virus.

Does hydroxychloroquine work or does it not, is it safe or dangerous, and should we be using it as a treatment for the virus?
    ( read the article….)

zerosum
    Participant

Crystal ball
    If you are not connected and have money … expect increased taxes.
    If you are connected and have uncollectible loans …. expect a jubilee.
    Everybody else, expect indentured servitude.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Why do I see on TV that China wears Full body protection with booties and respirators when dealing with covid19. Are some people paranoid about safety or doing the right thing.

This thing came out of a lab. Probably the Wuhan lab. Maybe an American lab. But all of these “gain of function” virologists were working together, helping one another, sharing research. If it came out of the Wuhan lab, then they know more about it than anyone. If it came out of China, and the Chinese are now taking it seriously, then I will take it seriously.

It looks like antibodies do not last. And it looks like this thing has multiple entry mechanisms and attacks multiple organs. First time around might be mild for many people, especially in summer. But second, third, fourth time around? Perhaps different symptoms/disease progression every time? This thing is not natural. The “gain of function” virologists know that. The ones in the West are keeping their mouths shut in hope that the gravy train keeps flowing. The ones in China hav probably told the CCP all they know. And you see the CCP’s response.

Take from that what you will.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.