Debt Rattle June 19 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 19 2022

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Veracious Poet
    Participant

Quite often, you come across as particularly sanctimonious. Are you aware of that? Or maybe that’s your point? Anyway, I would ask that you contemplate further who has the superiority complex?

Oh, I’ll dispel any illusions of my “superiority” ~ I am assuredly not!

In fact, I’m just another bozo on the bus of life…

Even a bozo, like me, can see that things over recent “history” have gone just a little too whack-a-doodle in Clown World 😉

Not too hard to see where…

Although, it takes one to know one!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Archie

I often feel like I need to burn incense when reading comments here. This is especially so for the past few months. Most of the time I only skim them, if not completely ignoring them. So I have a strong sense of where T-Bear is coming from.

Here here!
    Thank you for that.

T-Bear
    Kudos to you as well…

V. Arnold
    Participant

There is a saying, specifically regarding the Tao; those who say, don’t know; and those who know, don’t say….

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Ah, the ancient words of the “spiritually” enlightened ~ Do they also include the The Art of War ?

So many “great” teachers, yet in reality the “great” ones contradict each other *not*:

“No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have, will be taken from them.”

All “spiritual” paradoxes always end in the same two (2) words for me:

Let Go…

May The Road rise up to meet you,

Gary

boilingfrog
    Participant

Well, I’m just muddling along as best I can, doing my ‘low-level’ work here on this planet, leaving the higher level work for another time, I guess. But I do think striving for these things called ‘truth’, and ‘justice’ during our muddling is important.

Michael Hudson has led quite the life, truly amazing. Normally I can digest his pieces in one sitting, but this latest interview is really above and beyond.

Neighbors, and their visitors – all vaxxed and boosted – just came down with Covid. No surprise, I know, for folks here, but surprising to them as Ph.D “scientists” and “believers”. I’m walking a careful path to maintain “neighborhood equanimity”, taking the long view.

So while I read and support TAE, and Greer and attempt to keep up with the Ukrainian ‘issue’, and the ongoing battle for global dominance, etc, the Covid issue is still bubbling in these parts. Passe, I know, but data still percolates out.

I try to cast a wide net when reading, and came across an opinion piece on CNN entitled: “Opinion: We finally have a Covid-19 vaccine for the youngest kids. Here’s why it matters” by “Syra Madad, DHSc, MSc, MCP is an infectious disease epidemiologist”.

But her writing doesn’t make sense to me. She talks of the high rates of kids testing positive, but says have good outcomes, as expected. Malone and Geert vd B say this is a good thing. Then she writes this:

“8,525 children have been reported to have multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C), a condition associated with Covid-19 in which body parts, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs, can become inflamed.”

But this MIS-C sounds an awful lot like some of the side effects of the vaccine, (like the myocarditis that killed my friend) though her tone suggests to me that she doesn’t believe that’s a possibility.

She talks of wanting her children vaxxed so as not to catch Covid and therefore avoid the possibility of getting ‘long Covid’. Her vaxxed and boosted friend tested positive a month ago, and is suffering from ‘long covid’ (really? a month?! and he was vaxxed? Not the best example for multiple reasons…)

Anyway. I’m kinda bringing up the rear, (in many ways!), greatly enjoying the gathering of news by RIM, and the worldwide feedback (though some might better fit Greer’s second blog). Trying to hold it in mind as I try to make sense – see a pattern – in the events around me. And more importantly, helping guide me as I strive to plot a sensible path forward for myself, and my small community. Thank you all.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Formerly T-Bear

@John
    Day at 109987

You’re certainly full of the blather today. What passes as spiritualism today would have been unknown to either Newton or Einstein and you have no evidence for your remarks.

If it is not evident by now, be assured I have absolutely no intention of entering into discussions of your, or any one else’s beliefs. They have no place at this site either, please take them elsewhere and stop making an ass of yourself.

This from T-Bear bears repeating; They have no place at this site either, please take them elsewhere and stop making an ass of yourself

Whereas Ilargi doesn’t censor comments it becomes incumbent on us, the commenters to, run a tight ship and keep the spirit of this blog true to it’s purpose…

those darned kids
    Participant
    those darned kids
    Participant

gotta get me some of them mind-reader glasses like ol’ carlitos jung..

those darned kids
    Participant

my lamps just attract mayflies..

John Day
    Participant

@Archie: We have frequented this blog similar amounts of time, since early 2008 for me. I found ZH from a post on TAE.
    The contributors to comments and the culture of the section have changed continuously.
    I’m trying to be of service. That’s a good part of this culture.
    How reality works is in question. It’s not a decided question. It bears discussion and personal exploration in these critical times.

@V.Arnold: You live in Thailand, Man. As an expat in Thailand you should have a broader view of how the world might-possibly work. The Dwarf Namwah banana plants are having a very good year so far in Yoakum.
    Anything that causes irritation might be a lesson on the path.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@John Day

I do not come to TAE for spiritual lessons…or, for that matter, other peoples belief systems…
    My every waking moment gives me plenty of those regardless of location…

Glad to hear the Nam Wahs’ are doing well…happy eating… 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

my lamps just attract mayflies..

…but this is June… 😉 😉 😉

Susmarie108
    Participant

@V. Arnold: “Whereas Ilargi doesn’t censor comments it becomes incumbent on us, the commenters to, run a tight ship and keep the spirit of this blog true to it’s purpose…”

I can’t agree with you. I do not want to be the Blog Police responsible for maintaining a tight ship! I come here for the perspective.

ALL of it.

Top section (amazing array) from our incredible host and the colorful bottom (mosh pit) from the gang. I try to post when my contribution represents unique perspective + insight from daily living and life experience – holding zero expectation for what comes of it. If offered constructive criticism, I would be open to UNDERSTANDING another POV.

It would be a shame if there were efforts to control, discourage and inhibit the open flow of communication. By all means offer constructive feedback. Skip over the sections you don’t wish to read, are there really that many?

D Benton Smith
    Participant

I’m going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that the values which people either cherish or revile have a direct and significant impact or effect on what they think and do.

Allow me a metaphor : Some like things hot. Some like things cold. But EVERBODY likes temperature . . . so ya better let people talk about heat and frigidity or the conversation over where to set the thermostat is not going to be very productive of anything except bloodshed.

It is both illogical and demonstrably nonproductive to dismiss (out of hand, without inspection or consideration) the values of another person, because people DO HAVE have strongly held and personally pertinent REASONS for thinking, and doing what they think and do.

Arbitrarily removing either materialism or spirituality from the conversation turns the “conversation” into an echo chamber.

There is certainly no shortage of those these days. TAE has been the rare and cherished exception. PLEASE don’t fuck that up!

The actual world, the so-called “Real” Universe, this peculiar place where we operate on a day-to-day mundane basis, is the manifestation of the demonstrably real and actual dichotomy between spiritual and material.

You can chew and spit and fight about that dichotomy as much as you damned well please . . . . but to deny its very existence is perhaps the most most perilously extreme mistake that human beings can make.

Just look at the chaos swirling around us. THAT is what happens when that mistake is made.

This ain’t no kid’s game folks. Play nice and play fair or the Universe will whup your ass in a way you don’t want to experience.

Archie
    Participant

Ommmmmmmmmmm

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Archie

Wise guys are cherished components of every good community.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Susmarie108

@V. Arnold: “Whereas Ilargi doesn’t censor comments it becomes incumbent on us, the commenters to, run a tight ship and keep the spirit of this blog true to it’s purpose…”

I can’t agree with you. I do not want to be the Blog Police responsible for maintaining a tight ship! I come here for the perspective.

ALL of it.

Badly worded by myself…not my intention at all…whatever…

Dr. D
    Participant

Since apparently there’s no subject I won’t pipe up on:

I think Day is saying that a portion of the ex-pats have many plans and are lifestyle-mobile. Berwick of “Anarchopolco” and Doug Casey might be a good example. They want to live where they are NOT a citizen because countries treat their own citizens like garbage and treat “rich” foreigners better. But that also means if whatever country you’re in gets uppity, you walk out the door, get on a plane and go to the next one. That’s a lifestyle of “Sovereign Man” (Simon Black, Puerto Rico) but of course not everyone who goes is like this. If you’re in a cheap condo, you can just get back to Galveston or Miami and get a different cheap condo there. Or back to wherever you’re from like Minneapolis. To me this is not that practical, but you can see why it works in concept and in fact. You could live better and save years’ salary with lower costs, more than enough to pay for a sudden flight.

Mexico IS dangerous, but so is the United States. Mexico is run by crime and drug cartels, but so is Chicago. Mexico has places with no rule of law, but so is most of the cities like NY where guilty or innocent means nothing, you get only the justice you buy. Since we don’t have any law or justice here, isn’t it easier to buy justice where everything is cheaper? (No, but you can see the argument). My experience every American city has neighborhoods as dangerous as Mexico, but we don’t go to them, so we think that our local city is “Safe”. And it is. Just like we don’t go to the disputed and violent areas of Mexico. Nearby city here is considered “safe” and would be ranked on the most dangerous list because MOST of it IS safe, but peppered with unusually violent areas that for reasons unknown won’t walk 10 blocks to shoot rich people. Is it “safe” or not? Wouldn’t you say the same thing here, in most of America, if TSHTF? This city is unusually polarized compared to others, but it proves the point, and that is common everywhere. There are just as many small towns where you wouldn’t go to specific people’s houses, up into “Some Dark Holler”, or might get rolled behind the Tast-e-freez. If you’re not from there, you wouldn’t know.

Okay, so what happens when the financial system collapses, because The s— has hit the f– past-tense in Mexico. Since the Gringo CIA is self-funding by trafficking there since George H, Mexico was post-collapse at least since Petrobras ran dry. Anyone notice? Sort of, but you can see it’s nowhere near as clear as it seems on paper. I’d argue Detroit and Baltimore are post-collapse, post SHTF, decades since. They’re running meth and raping your daughters coast-to-coast here and the sheriff knows. What does it take to clue you in?

If SHTF, if finance goes down though, MEXICO WILL BE THE RICHEST. Huh? Yes, when currencies collapse, the people return to gold and silver. Mexico is one of the largest silver miners. They will build a wall to keep the U.S. OUT, so we don’t steal their prosperity. And they’ll pay for it. Maybe not, but you can see what I’m saying. They are likely to do far BETTER than the U.S. and are decades ahead of us in adjustment. They have family, culture, and values. Things aren’t always so simple. I wouldn’t be a foreigner there, though, but it’s no better to live in a gated community in Orlando and will be the same target. Because nobody cares if you were moral: You’re “rich”, so I shoot you. “Rich” is anyone who has a nickel more than me. Like Robin Hood, the hero, I merely “redistribute” your extra nickel to me, you rich bastard, while your kids lie in a pool of blood on the floor. “Poor” does not mean moral. If you think money is the root of all evil, you should see poverty.

So as Day says, it’s going to be the community you’re in, and the connections, acceptance, and support there.

Susmarie108
    Participant

@Archie and DBS: appreciate wise guys and guys with values.

On Om:

In the YOGA Sutras 1.28, the idea of using Om to go beyond illusion (including the creation) is presented. (I am sure this is what Archie was attempting).

The translation reads as:
    The repetition of this (Om) and meditating on its meaning (is the way).

There are numerous translations of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (the original is in Sanskrit). Here is one for Sutra Book 1.28: https://www.yogapradipika.com/yoga-sutra-28

Happy to discuss further. Happy to let it go.

Om Shanti (Sanskrit for Peace)

Noirette
    Participant

Formerly T, thanks for your response, I get it, like for many other complex topics the different slants are due to different (sometimes implicit, assumed..) definitions, boundaries. We would have to get together over drinks with a pile of white paper and some marker pens, say.

While talking or writing about The Economy today I feel there is just one point that has to be put forward to ppl, the public, whomever. Our ‘modern, developed’ economies, and the growth experienced post ww2 is coming to an end. All that was based on cheap, or cheapish (in terms of invested costs vs. returns to spout Econo. 101) energy, fossil fuels (incl. coal, hey that is coming back into fashion despite holy Green Sentiments, see Germany for ex.), hydro, and nuclear. (Of course many such sources predate ww 2.) This is what ppl need to understand, it is the main point. Plus, that ‘renewables’ are a mirage, and for some parts a money-making scam.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.