Debt Rattle June 21 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 21 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fred Lyon Post&Powell Union Square San Francisco 1947   • 100% Chance of Recession Within 7 Months? (DR) • The Secret Source of Eternal Australia
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 21 2017]

SteveB
    Participant

“Human rights” is a myth. Myths can’t be enforced.

V. Arnold
    Participant

• We Need A Public Inquiry Into The Economics Profession (Pettifor)
    Hilarious; we need far more than that.
    Keen (whom I respect highly) got lost in the weeds on this one.
    SNAFU comes to mind when referencing the world at large; Russia comes to mind as one of the few countries keeping their sanity, in this world gone mad.
    The U.S., on the other hand, seems to be the leader of the band in the world’s march to insanity.
    As the Titanic sank, the band played on…

XYZ
    Participant

English is great fun.

From the Bloomberg article on Greece:
    Disbursements up to then should also “cater for the build-up of seizable cash buffer” of around €9 billion…

Though one must wonder if the EU commission did not misspell “sizable” on purpose…

That one is going into my list along with “ceiling wax” and “sewing political tensions”.

Ciao,
    XYZ

Nassim
    Participant

“The Secret Source of Eternal Australian Growth (Steve Keen)”

Yesterday, after a delay of 6 months since I was first invited, I finally met a manager at a leading Australian Charity. This charity is largely dedicated towards helping young Australians get jobs and enter the economy. This manager had been interviewed repeatedly in the media and had made a submission to the Victoria parliament to try and get the driving age down to 17 – so as to make it easier for young people to get to work.

My proposal was for people to share cars – https://qbusters.com.au – as that would reduce their costs and get around the age limit.

Sadly, this manager considered that sharing cars was too “inconvenient” as young people might have to get to work a little earlier or leave a little later.

We had a long chat and I could not get him to agree that property price inflation was not a good thing for young people. He also did not believe that a massive influx of people from the 3rd world with few qualifications (2% of the population of Victoria per year) is a hindrance to local youth getting jobs.

Third of Australian youth have no job or are underemployed, report finds

My private conclusion was that there will eventually be a generation war.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.