Debt Rattle March 30 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 30 2020

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

L.S. Lowry The mill, Pendlebury 1943   • Dr. Fauci Says 200,000 Americans Could Die From The Coronavirus (MW) • Trump: Keeping US COVID-19 Deaths
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 30 2020]

riesterm
    Participant

Ilargi: Been following TAE well before Nicole spent New Year’s eve with our Transition steering committee in 2012, I think it was.
    In any case, Jon Rappaport published something yesterday where he referenced an editorial in JAMA written by Dr. Fauci in which Fauci wrote: If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%.

This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

(I hope I got the underlining to work properly)

Here’s the link: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

Anyway . . . what is going on here ?

Thanks for your valued opinion.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Some things are already known instead of an author presenting their discovery of ARDS as a really really bad thing. Its unnerving to see how quickly a coronavirus or influenza victim goes down hill when they develop Gram negative sepsis associated with a Klebsiella pneumoniae superinfection.

“ARDS is a very serious disease and unfortunately even with the best medical care the chances of dying from this disease are around 30 to 50%. Those surviving the disease will often have long hospital stays.”

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Doing a bit more shopping at the store yesterday with my wife before the real Hunker-Downer locks in, I saw that few people wore masks. Ten at most. (Wife and I wore a heavy scarf tied around the face.) The aisles were crowded with workers stocking items on shelves often significantly depleted (we managed to buy some TP!). Almost as many workers as shoppers, it seemed. Merchandise pallets everywhere every which way.

Red ‘Stand Here to Wait’ floor decals every 6 feet where people line up to shop. Lots of rent-a-cops, none of them wearing masks or gloves. Our cashier wore gloves and appreciated us using our sani-wipes to keep the customer/checker interface area clean. I told her to *please* stop, take a deep breath, and stretch before starting on our purchase. Poor old gal was working herself dizzy and being wonderfully polite and cheerful.

We held paper towels in our hands to reduce contagion as we handled purchase items. We did this as much to make other people think as for contagion prevention.

Let’s see: one narrative says the thing leaked way last summer via Ft. Detrick. Now it’s all about the Gates ‘Billionaires Saving the Planet’ fora held later in October. We seem to be weaving a conspiracy temporal anomaly, captain.

I don’t trust the durn gubmint to do the right thing or tie its shoelaces without hired help, but I don’t think it does anyone any good to run rabid with every suggestion that The Evil Cabal did it. It’s like ancient Cro-Magnons arguinbg whether the Annanuki bumped an asteroid in order to cause the Great Dino extinction.

The point of the Gates epidemic prevention projects is to provide predictive prescriptions for managing the inevitable rogue pathogenic asteroid strike. The prevention/predictive been doing this for some time, with the aid of previous epidemics in recent times to help guide them. Turns out they happened to be mostly right, and the event happened after their prediction, not before (which is how predictions are supposed to work).

The problem with the official 911 story line is that no one in authority talked publicly, and hardly anyone talked on record, beforehand about the likelihood of infrastructure being used against itself via terrorism, which was a no-brainer to any movie director or suspense novelist. We found it hard to believe the oaficial story line, and rightly so.

Now the problem with Corvid-19 is that they were talking about it beforehand.

I suggest we stopped inflating these bloated false idols know as Rich Assholes into magical demonic dark overlords with allegedly panoptical vision, omniscient wisdom, and omnipotent control of global resources. It worships fear uber alles. It continues to empower these same incompetent amoral lunatics while continuing to foster a sense of helplessness among us peasants.

“Historians of the future, pan-roasting fresh-caught June bugs over their campfires, may wonder when, exactly, was the moment that the financial world broke with reality. ”

I adore Jim Kunstler.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Florida church service during pandemic

Hard to stop. Even in the best of times, people need to do something that feels positive with all this capacity for magical thinking that goes with being reflectively conscious sentient beings.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

And then hell froze over:

frosty

boscohorowitz
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that the Edit function on this site was designed by the people behind google maps.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Putin orders lockdown

While it’s a bit late, to put it mildly, it is at least action of the proper scale and severity. Russia is another nation whose people have been indoctrinated with a functional collective spirit even as its people hustly singularly for the almighty ruble.

zerosum
    Participant

” …. until we gradually come back to a normal way of living”.

Forced Liquidation

“There has never been a bigger swindle in history than the aggregate shenanigans on Wall Street lo these years of the new millennium, and we all know it, even if it’s hard to explain just how they did it. You understand that banking and finance was headed firmly south long before corona virus stole onto the scene. “

———-
    Cut & Paste None of my thought/words belong to me

Appearance – pretended behavior to make an impression
    in contrast to
    capabilities – ability to perform

——–
    The leaders in the USA knew what was coming.
    Therefore, Why is the USA response inadequate

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/bill-gates-sponsored-gaming
    Called Event 201: A Global Pandemic Exercise, it involved “players” from airlines, health authorities, media, banks, and national security agencies put under pandemic stress tests to “[reveal] unresolved and controversial policy and economic issues.”

The “players” were from a diversity of countries including China, Australia, Germany, and the United States.
    http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/
    Players
    The following prominent individuals from global business, government, and public health were exercise players tasked with leading the policy response to a fictional outbreak scenario in the Event 201 pandemic tabletop exercise:
    http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/players/index.html
    Go and read their resume and qualifications
    Example
    RADM Stephen C. Redd is the Deputy Director for Public Health Service and Implementation Science at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Dr. Redd currently oversees the Center for Preparedness and Response; the Center for Global Health; the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support; and the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity. In his deputy director role, he focused on the adoption of implementation science principles at CDC. In collaboration with multiple groups, he is working to understand how public health can most effectively address social determinants of health in various sectors.

https://www.cdc.gov/
    CDC is the nation’s health protection agency, working 24/7 to protect America from health and safety threats, both foreign and domestic. CDC increases the health security of our nation.
    Go and read the details
    https://www.fema.gov/
    Coronavirus Disease 2019
    We are working with the White House Coronavirus Task Force, Department of Health and Human Services and state, local, tribal and territorial governments to execute a Whole-of-America response.

Go and read the details

anticlimactic
    Participant

Do we need effectuaters again?

To effectuate is to produce a result or make something happen.

During the second world war the US government appointed effectuaters. These were people with absolute power whose job it was to go to factories, find any problems or bottlenecks, and sort them out, by any means.

It does seem that such people would be useful in these circumstances. By ‘absolute power’ I mean they can override government departments [red tape], they can order things done and they WILL be done. Someone outside the normal management structure with the skill and intelligence to see what needs to be done and how to achieve it.

[Note : my source was actually a science fiction story! I did use the idea to suggest a senior manager create a similar job in the IT department I worked in. He took up the idea and my suggestion of who that person should be. It turned out to be very successful.]

anticlimactic
    Participant

PS. The science fiction story was ‘Galactic Effectuator’ by Jack Vance. Note I had the spelling wrong!

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Long article returns to the bat/pangolin route. But still taking that as gospel today seems a bit out of sync.”

I don’t think that secret underground government bio-labs are necessarily exclusive of bats and pangolins used as test animals. We don’t just slaughter and eat animals. We torture them for (often misleading) experiments in which they suffer for possiblre benefits whivch, if realized, do not benefit the animals, their offspring, or species.

No prob for us to use unwilling live hosts to create bio-whatevers. We do it with humans too, cuz “inasmuch as ye do it to the least among ye” (like the animals we callously dominate), we set the template for doing it to ourselves.

I suspect that before learning how to tame animals into beasts of burden, human slavery was virtually unknown. Start small, work your way up.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

Added a new layer to a Venn diagram I saw on line the other day. I know, I know, I’m just a ‘glass half-full’ kind of guy.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

Ilargi, just how does one insert a photo located on one’s desktop into a comment? I think that’s what the “Choose File” button is for, but then I never seem to have any success. The “img” button seems to accept only URL’s. Thanks.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Maxwell: if nothing else, start a blog. There are still free ones for the taking, I assume. Most of them let you upload images from your computer. THen you can open the image from your blog and paste its URL here. I tyhink it’s what the digitali calls a “hot link”.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

People crowded into apartments like people I know whose children came home for the duration since their service sector jobs folded. Getting crabby but learning to live together. Quarantine will be rough in many ways, too rough for many of us, probably. But it will have its positive aspects:

It’s Magic!

It’s Monday, isn’t it? Oy. Back to the novel. (blows bloated verbal gaseous ballast tanks, submerges, heads for deep subconscious waters where stories swim and novels form slowly into something like a school of fish that swims in unison)

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“Dr. Fauci, Trump’s main medical/epidemic advisor, said yesterday that 200,000 Americans could die from COVID19. The same Fauci, as I quoted two days ago, recently changed his case fatality rate prediction from 1% to 0.1%.”

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, Fauci didn’t actually predict a 0.1% CFR. But let’s go with that for now, to play with some more numbers. The total deaths in the US, from the chart above, is currently 2,438 rounded to 2,500. Assuming a CFR of 0.1%, the total number of cases currently in the US could be calculated as 2,500/0.1%= 2.5 million. (This would represent actual cases out there in the public, not just the recorded cases.)

So, at what point would the total cases in the US reach 200 million, to result in 200,000 deaths? If the number of cases doubles every week, next week we’d have 5 million cases, the week after that 10 million… and 200 million cases (known and unknown) would be reached sometime during the first week of May.

Again, this is just playing with numbers and assumptions. The curve will eventually “flatten” so that cases aren’t doubling every week.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Correction, should be:
    200 million cases (known and unknown) would be reached sometime during the second week of May.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

AND!… a musical fable of our current economy:

Hummingbird

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

I find this troublesome in the extreme:
    https://northerntruthseeker.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-covid-19-hysteria-some-amazing.html

I find this even more extremely troublesome:

Not trying to change the narrative. Just trying –unsuccessfully– to sort fact from fake.

I’ve never been to NY. Is there a reason why hospitals in Queens would be nearly empty? Watch the Jason Goodman video at the first link above. I’m flummoxed. Please somebody help me out here.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

vg

Maxwell, I didn’t recognize the format, it didn’t feel like a finished .jpg, more like a workfile. Formatted and uploaded it to our own servers.

riesterm, Doc R., hope the article I just published answers questions. And Doc, I know he didn’t “predict” it per sé, but at the same time he did. Fauci can’t say one thing and another the next day, not in his job.

A treatment that has a 50% death rate seems to be a treatment that needs some tweaking.
    How does one clean a respirator? Does UVC sterilize each breath? How does one clean a hospital room? Do they throw out the beds? How much viral-covered waste is being generated here?
    How many go into the hospital with a moderately severe case and wind up maximizing the viral load?
    Where possible, perhaps hospital rooms should be outdoors under the light of the sterilizing sun.
    Would electrostatic masks work?
    How long before people start going crazy? Another SIX months?

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Maxwell” Nice!

Meanwhile, outside the The Virus bubble, oil hits an 18 year low.
    Good news, right?

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    WES
    Participant

Maxwell Quest:

From an engineering point of view, your half full glass just means your glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

WES
    Participant

Finally the media admits Ontario is doing a crappy job of testing for the virus!

They have finally admitted Ontario is only testing medical workers and those people so sick that they are admitted to the hospital! Their tent assessment facilities are just a smokescreen to keep people out of hospital ERs!

Ontario, out of 10 provinces, has tested the least number of people per 100,000 people in Canada!

BC has tested more than 3 times as many people as Ontario!

I have been saying this on TAE for some time now.

Sadly, Ontario lost the containment battle weeks ago!

I wonder how long it will be before Quebec and Manitoba close their borders to Ontario!

WES
    Participant

I noticed the CDC has been finally forced to allow the meds Dr. John Day told us about 3 months ago!

But not before 2 Dem state governors banned doctors from proscribing these 2 meds! I wonder if doctors in these 2 states still have to abide by their governor’s bans? I can only think these 2 governors where more interested in protecting the big drug companies?

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/pentagon-orders-installations-to-stop-reporting-coronavirus-cases-as-military-linked-infections-eclipse-1-000-1.624244
    Pentagon orders installations to stop reporting coronavirus cases as military-linked infections eclipse 1,000
    WASHINGTON — The Defense Department has ordered commanders at all of its installations worldwide to stop announcing publicly new coronavirus cases among their personnel, as the Pentagon said Monday that more than 1,000 U.S. military-linked people had been sickened by the virus.

He pledged the Pentagon would continue to release near-daily updates of total cases among troops, DOD civilian workers, military dependents and defense contractors, which officials with Esper’s public affairs office have done for nearly three weeks. Those numbers have grown steadily with each release — eclipsing 1,000 cases in Monday’s announcement.

As of Monday morning, the Pentagon reported 633 service members were among 1,087 total cases within the Defense Department community. Among those troops, 64 had recovered by Monday, while 26 were hospitalized. The latest data shows a dramatic increase in cases among troops since Friday, when the Pentagon reported 343 cases among service members.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.