Debt Rattle March 9 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 9 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NPC Skating night, Washington DC 1919 • The Global Dollar Funding Shortage Is Back With A Vengeance (Zero Hedge) • “Ignore This Measure Of Global Liqu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 9 2015]

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

“If the euro fails, Europe fails”

How? Europe is a location. Will it sink into the sea? I’d say I’d never heard such a load of stuff and nonsense, except now I hear such rot, illogic, and lies almost daily. Newsflash: if the EU fails, Europe, along with all her countries and peoples, will still be there, same as when Rome fell, Charlemange fell, Napoleon fell, the British Empire fell, and Czechoslovakia and East Germany fell. They’re all still there. Not going anywhere. Things just change, due a thing we call “time.”

“The message is clear: Stop fighting, strive for peace and we – the IMF and international investors – will help you” So…this is the same IMF that only last fall demanded the Junta MUST attack Eastern Ukraine immediately and at all costs, under the name of “territorial integrity” as a condition of IMF money without which the government would immediately fall. Or is this a new IMF that wants them to STOP fighting, while they are importing thousands of troops, equipment, and advisers worldwide. Because if they want peace, they really need to send a memo that Kiev is doing the OPPOSITE of getting IMF money.

Just a note/reminder, it is entirely illegal for the IMF to fund the Ukraine in several different ways: 1) the new government was established by a coup (also illegal for the U.S. to fund them, as we saw last year with Congress vs. the new Egyptian government–also ignored) 2. The country is beyond bankrupt by any measure and the IMF cannot fund loans that will not be paid back. 3. The money if provided would be used for war, also directly against their mandate.

But hey, law? That’s for the other guys, not me.

Why do the Russians hate us for our freedoms?

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Dr. Diablo

Yes, the very corrupt poker game going on will be busted; and Europe fails.
    What’s so hard to understand there?
    Failure just means they go back to their borders; which they never should have left anyway, no?
    A Failed experiment, somewhat like capitalism ala neo-liberal V.1 = failed!!!
    The real question is; what’s next…

jal
    Participant

“The real question is; what’s next…”

Those who have the power and the money will be/are setting up how the future will play out.
    If you are one of those being in a position to be one of ‘the gods’ remember that only the proton has the attribute of lasting forever.

Gravity
    Participant

Gravity is a karmic algorithm.

Chris M
    Participant

The Naomi Klein piece was an intriguing read.

It’s not clear to me exactly what kind of political and economic system she advocates. If it is a system based on parity and fair trade, I am all for that. Couple that with local production and consumption, all the better.

But if it is a system which puts the burden of reducing “climate change” on those least able to pay and lets the powers that be continue on their merry way, thus enabling the rich to get richer and the poor to get only poorer, count me out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.