Debt Rattle May 31 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 31 2018

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh The sower 1888   • Liquidity Crisis Coming: Here, There, Everywhere (Mish) • The Trump Effect Is Keeping Bull Market Alive – Rob
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 31 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Vincent van Gogh: The sower 1888

I’m running out of superlatives when it comes to van Gogh; lets just say he’s my favorite painter.
    I’d never seen The Sower before this.

There are just too many loon (appologies to the bird) economists out there to reckon with.
    Whatever happened to common sense?
    The price payed for giving up personal sovereignty I guess. The same can be said for countries as well. The EU is a classic example of just that; giving up their sovereignty. They bought it; they must deal with it.
    Sovereignty is the soul of individuals and nations; the U.S., to its lasting shame and corruption, is a gatherer of souls…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Perhaps I should have used harvester rather than gatherer, of souls; harvester seems more accurate given the context.

Dr. D
    Participant

Not much around, it’s planting time here in the north. Most of what we see is altered by humans, for now. But it’s so complex and requires such depth of experience that we can’t see either the desert of forests or meadows, or the consequences of our intervention, even where it’s blinding, like in herbicides. Unfortunately, because it’s so complex and so local, I can’t explain it to you either. On the upside, in my area all you need to do is stop energy inputs for a year and nature will reclaim everything, for better or worse.

I don’t know what tariffs U.S. cars have in Japan (we discovered they were twice as high against the U.S. compared to Europe) but Japanese buyers have their own unique preferences and don’t prefer U.S. cars anyway. From the other side, overseas auto parts, etc. have devastated the industry, and when the U.S. is cut off from the world shortly, we will need internal producers and markets as a matter of national security. So it may look silly or odd, but if you know the U.S. is going down (last) and the world will ring-fence us in retaliation, then this makes a lot more sense. Same with hitting Europe, where we seem to be promoting a crisis on several fronts, including raising interest rates and reducing US$ liquidity that will both cut off their nonsense (MI6 seems to be the source of the election rigging) and force financial panic into the U.S. “safe haven” (because the core dies last) …but it’s certainly going slow, and it ain’t pretty. This is the big boys’ game, and not played fair by anyone.

zerosum
    Participant

The peanut gallery, (bloggers), are under the impression that by giving their version of truth/reality of what the elites are doing, that the elites will not take society over the cliff.

Wake up!

Look around the world, in every country, the elites have loaded the dice, the elites are not suffering and dying.

zerosum
    Participant

Trump is trying to increase the GDP of the USA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_domestic_product

“Gross domestic product (GDP) is a monetary measure …”

Therefore, if the cost of a product goes up by 25%, then GDP will also go up.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Zerosum: good comments. I’ve been similarly impressed with all the expository lip service and impotent ‘calls to action’ everywhere. The last guy I remember actually ‘doing something’ was Joe Stack.

Ilargi: I’m in dire need of a Stoneleigh fix.

https://revolutionradio.org/2018/05/30/art-berman-think-oil-is-getting-expensive-you-aint-seen-nothing-yet-were-in-deep-trouble/

Is timing any more predictable now than in 2008? After all, ‘the future’ is a decade closer now.

zerosum
    Participant

Canada will also get an increase of GDP

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-31/canada-unleashes-dollar-dollar-retaliatory-tariffs-us

Measures will apply to up to C$16.6 billion dollars of products.
    Canada’s full list of actions includes 25% tariff on the following…

The elites are not going to contribute to the increase to GDP
    hehehe!
    Its called passing on the cost to the buyers at the end of the supply chain.
    hehehe!

zerosum
    Participant

In my opinion.
    Avoid the tariffs.
    Canada should keep the raw products, oil, steel, aluminum, logs, etc

Instead build factories to supply the home market and to supply the export market.
    With no raw products the USA workers and factories will move to Canada.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.