Debt Rattle May 4 2024

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 4 2024

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    WES
    Participant

Aspnaz:

So the only difference between the west and China is the west has continued the honorable Roman tradition of circuses!

Reminds me of when working in a Congo copper mine, of voting for the worker’s union leadership.
    I asked an expat why he and I, as management, were voting, when there was only one named on the hand written ballot?
    He said we are voting because it makes them happy!
    And so I voted for happyness!

WES
    Participant

Other Irrelevant News :

The tied at 3 – 3 games each, Toronto Maple Leafs and the big bad Boston Bruins are beginning their seventh and final “fight to the death” hockey playoff game!
    Will Toronto successfully snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?
    Or will they fail and win?
    The loser gets an early head start onto the “global warming” green golf course.

aspnaz
    Participant

WES said

So the only difference between the west and China is the west has continued the honorable Roman tradition of circuses!

No, you forget that the people of the US believe that the circuses are real, and that is the real problem. They live their lives believing in the circuses, believing that the circuses will make their lives better and that they have some sort of say in the outcomes.

There is no such delusion in China. The people have a healthy respect for the government and know that it can be dangerous.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Jared Bernstein not being able to explain economic reality as Chairman of Economic Advisors is shocking example of decline since I last saw him on PBS NewsHour. Most likely he was exposed to be COVID while attending meetings in the White House superspreader site but it could also that he can’t tell the truth that the government is borrowing money (creating it according to Modern Monetary Theory) to increase the profits of corporate war profiteers and expand stockholders’ wealth with exorbitant ineffective weapons like the F-35 at the expense of everyone else. The hubris and incompetence of the Uni-War-Party is profoundly disturbing. Worse than WWI that destroyed the Russian, German, Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires.

The closure of the Suez Canal and Red Sea to western shipping that adds weeks to transportation from Asia to Europe and East Coast of America is already a strategic naval failure. The West cannot conquer Yemen. Ukraine, back on its heels, is in danger of falling. Yet, 95 billion dollars for military funding was recently approved for Israel, Ukraine and Tawan with no way to quickly ramp up western weapons production that also depends on vital goods, chips and materials from both Russia and China.

Goods from Asia will continue to rise in price, increasing inflation, and will force the FED to raise interest rates to cool the economy until the western economic political system breaks and cannot be put back together like in 2008. Also, if Israel rejects a two-state solution and peace, and chooses the Samson Option of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a “last resort”; this will end Western Civilization, as such, even if a global nuclear war with Russia or China is somehow avoided.

zerosum
    Participant

Just saw Boston knock out Toronto in overtime.

WES
    Participant

Aspnaz:

I hope you realized that I was being a little bit tongue n cheek about circuses!

Basically none of us has any say in how our countries are run.

Some Americans are aware of their Uniparty circus masters.

Interestingly when I was in Siberia in 1983, we went to the local circus which had it’s own special fancy circus building.
    Clearly the Russian gov believed in using circusnes to entertain their voters!
    What I remember best were the poor performances of the circus performers (bored – merely going through the motions?) and the circus being the only place one could get a soft ice cream cone!
    One could have any flavor you wanted as long as it was vanilla!

Maybe China never caught the circus bug?
    I don’t remember seeing any circuses there.

Zoos seemed to be the thing.
    I especially liked feeding time when people were fed to the hungry Siberian tigers! /s

P.S. The Toronto Maple Leafs successfully kept their reputation intact by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory tonight!
    They managed to take it into overtime before the roof fell in on them.
    They are now busy booking their golf course Tee off times for tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.