Debt Rattle November 30 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 30 2017

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Roger Viollet Great Paris Flood, Gare Saint-Lazare 1910   • Goldman Warns Highest Market Valuations Since 1900 Mean Pain Is Coming (BBG) • The La
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 30 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

An interesting piece by Tom Luongo at ZH;
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-29/bitcoin-nuclear-war-and-real-world-use-argument
    All in all, a pretty balanced view of Bitcoin and its ilk.
    As May West used to say; “I may be easy, but I’m not cheap.”
    The Max vs Steve “debate” was likewise interesting,
    We’ll see…
    I’m with May West…
    As a further note; S.E. Asia hasn’t yet bought the neo-liberal austerity bullshit yet; but it’s knocking at the door. Earned entitlements haven’t been raided or degraded, at this time.
    My wife, a just retired civil servant (teacher), has her full benefits and alotments; which are quite generous, especially by western standards. She retains full benefits of an excellent healthcare system of which I’m also entitled. Bloody amazing it is…
    All of which begs, yet again, another critical look at the world’s wealthiest country/ economy; or is it really?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Answering my own rhetorical question; yes, the U.S. is in fact bankrupt; both financially and morally.
    It’s only through across the board corruption that it is able to continue its ravaging of the planet as is its wont. The price paid is its infrastructure.
    Its infrastructure, throughout the public and military dominions; is breaking down at an accelerating rate.
    The military has been used to the point of worn out; and unsustainable…
    A very dangerous time in the world at large; a great wounded beast is afoot…

Dr. D
    Participant

Doesn’t the VIX look like portfolio insurance in 1987?

What’s more on banning plastics: everybody likes them better. There was a collective sadness when Coke stopped coming in returnable bottles with wooden crates. Even today they are able to sell bottles at a premium, but don’t. Part of the high-end, high-touch market is to wrap things in butcher paper with a string, and people pay extra to go to a farm market with wooden crates, more interesting but perhaps less-perfect produce, and less heat. Ireland banned plastic bags to great relief, so what’s the holdup? A: corporate profits. Every “less” is a loss to GDP, and we’ll die rather than let that happen.

Speaking of, they’re serving microwave meals in the U.K.? That’s possibly the most expensive food in the market. Go to an Indian store and buy rice and dal in a 50# bag with peas from the allotment. I know that’s not the point, but if you’re down your life depends on getting smart. May or Brown won’t help you and if history is any guide Corbyn won’t either.

Dr. D
    Participant

The U.S. uses the Mae West aliabi: “I used to be Snow White but I drifted.”

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. D
    Just what are you talking about?
    May/Mae are just fine; pedant much?

I like both Mae West quotes. Old as they may be. Imagine any Hollywood star using them in today’s climate. This horror has been going on forever, and everywhere, nothing to do with just Hollywood, but one must wonder why it’s all coming out now all off a sudden.

bluebird
    Participant

and the DOW is up over 300 points today. Something about to crash?

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

I’m unable to discern Steve Keen’s final words at the very end of the video. It almost sounds like “It’s all Russia’s fault.” I’m laughing because I know that isn’t what he said. Somebody please help me out here.

The sole bone of contention seemed to be where the price of Bitcoin will “end up.” They both seemed to agree that blockchain and BTC are here to stay.

I like Steve, but his obligatory climate change pitch at the end doesn’t fly.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-29/about-sensationalist-bitcoin-electrical-consumption-story
    https://dailycaller.com/2017/11/29/study-satellites-show-no-acceleration-in-global-warming-for-23-years/

zerosum
    Participant

The U.S. is bankrupt; both financially and morally.

There is no nobles oblige.

There is no rule of law.

There is no ethics.

Therefore, the end of our social/economic system is near.

Nassim
    Participant

The Paris flood of 1910 brings this to mind:

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned an “unprecedented” amount of rain is expected to fall in Victoria over a three-day period.

The rainfall amount could be the equivalent to up to three times the December monthly average. (today)

Yes. The same people who were warning us that “Global Warming” was going to ensure that the drought would last forever are now beating a different drum – without mentioning AGW.

It’s not drought, it’s climate change, say scientists (2009)

The “believers” are in a deep silence. No wonder students are looking for something else to get excited about.

Have Students Become Bored with Climate Activism?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer
    Imagine any Hollywood star using them in today’s climate.

I think we have entered very dark times and lost our sense of humor (including me).
    Mae West was an amazing, and very savvy person, and fought all the important dragons:
    “I believe in censorship. I made a fortune out of it.” Mae West

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.