Debt Rattle October 1 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 1 2022

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

@AFKTT: Thank God for acid rain falling on the Himalayas and sinking the carbonic acid into the seabed of the Indian Ocean. People under-appreciate that mountain range.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

TAE Summary
    Participant

Nordstream

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ Dr. John Day

Poles have been stuck between Prussia/Germany and Russia/USSR for centuries. Poles hate both sides! Eighteenth century was most tragic century for them, as an example:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland#/media/File:Rzeczpospolita_Rozbiory_3.png

Anyway, … in a proverbial nutshell – in most recent history, Poles were very happy that USSR destroyed Nazi Germany, … that US/NATO – subsequently – destroyed USSR. Now Poles pray the US/NATO will destroy Russia, … and while their at it, Poles just used the opportunity to destroy Germany, …

… of course, Poland is still dreaming about Intermarium (<I>Międzymorze</I>:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermarium#/media/File:Intermarium.png

… but I suspect that Poland, instead, may just end up being paved over with a sheet of melted glass, …

… just sayin’!

F.S.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Germ: thank you for continuing to post links. 🙂

Veracious: #117447. lol. Keep trying. Someday you’ll break through.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ Dr. John Day – the poles should be thinking of 1938-1939 these days.
    ______

It all started with border conflicts between Poland and Czechoslovakia, in 1918, … culminated with Poland annexing about 1000 km2 of Czechoslovakia in October 1938 with full approval of Nazi Germany.

Anyway, that whole part of Europe has been a circus for more than a millennium. Stand by for more, …

F.S.

aspnaz
    Participant

The people who ‘don’t believe’ are either non-scientists or liars.

Burn the witch, burn the witch screamed AFKTT.

Germ
    Participant

A Case Report: Multifocal Necrotizing Encephalitis and Myocarditis after BNT162b2 mRNA Vaccination against COVID-19

“Surprisingly, only spike protein but no nucleocapsid protein could be detected within the foci of inflammation in both the brain and the heart, particularly in the endothelial cells of small blood vessels. Since no nucleocapsid protein could be detected, the presence of spike protein must be ascribed to vaccination rather than to viral infection. The findings corroborate previous reports of encephalitis and myocarditis caused by gene-based COVID-19 vaccines.”

https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/10/10/1651

Germ
    Participant

Healthy young student is dead one day after Covid Vaccine…

Healthy young student is dead one day after Covid Vaccine…

Veracious Poet
    Participant
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

“It is generally believed (not by everyone) that the loss is due to dissolution into the waters of the world. This makes sense and research can be performed. ”

I remember discussing this issue with a mentor back in ’82-’83.

It was originally never assumed that raising CO2 emissions would completely translate into atmospheric increase. They were doing science back then.

How much impact CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions would have on the climate was far from an assumed given.

But before everyone weighs in on it being just politics that drove the greenie agenda, I’ll note that success is its own reward in academia; if you generate a decent buzz with your hypothesis (and the basics of what we now call “global warming theory” had a good beat that was easy to dance to: major implications, global scope, gobs and gobs of data to acquire and analyze with all the groovy new tools and techs and countless universities popping up like psilocybin in a Sasquatch wet dream.

Dr. D
    Participant

“The people who ‘don’t believe’ are either non-scientists or liars.”

“Burn the witch,”

This statement is very simple: it just says that “Science” is never wrong. Is it?

zerosum
    Participant

A lot of talk but not enough salt.

https://theconversation.com/how-to-survive-a-tactical-nuclear-bomb-defence-experts-explain-181340

How to survive a tactical nuclear bomb? Defence experts explain
    Published: April 19, 2022 4.16pm EDT
    For outdoor movement, any PPE available should be used – especially a P2 mask, or even a dust mask. While tactical nukes are designed to destroy personnel or infrastructure, they still allow troop movement under cover of the blast. The radiological hazard is significant, but should be survivable.

A radiological weapon, on the other hand, will deliberately increase the radiation dose to the point of it being lethal.

Once you’ve found shelter, you’ll need to decontaminate. This will require a thorough scrub of the skin, nails and hair, and a change into clean clothing. But any severe burns should be tended to first.

aspnaz
    Participant

Dr. D said

This statement is very simple: it just says that “Science” is never wrong. Is it?

The difference between theories in science, such as AGW, and facts in science … https://askabiologist.asu.edu/questions/theory-versus-fact.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘Burn the witch, burn the witch screamed AFKTT’

What if I told you you’re proving my point (as above)

The point is, any ‘monkey with a typewriter’ can string together a few words to generate an ad hominem attack and post that ad hominem attack on an Internet site, whereas to engage in scientific debate one has to actually know science.:).

.”Given enough time, a monkey with a typewriter will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.” So the saying goes. I’m not certain of that.

Paraphrasing Einstein: “I believe the universe is infinite, but I am not absolutely certain of that. On the other hand, I am absolutely certain that human stupidity is infinite.”

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

The anti-science mob love to misuse the term ‘theory’., They shout from the rooftops: “It’s only a theory!”

Yeah, like the theory of gravity is only a theory. One that works 100% of the time for all life on this planet, whatever its intellectual capacity.

9.8 metres per second per second freefall acceleration for all practical purposes, but somewhat less at the equator and somewhat more at the poles, for scientific reasons..

Friction: “It’s only a theory.” But it works 100% of the time.

Tensile strength: “It’s only a theory.” But it works 100% of the time. And when it fails it’s because someone tried to take a shortcut..

Chemical bonding: “It’s only a theory.” But it works 100% of the time.

Absorption and re-radiation of energy: “It’s only a theory.” But it works 100% of the time.

Activation energy and enthalpy of reaction: “It’s only a theory.” But it works 100% of the time.

Enthalpy of phase change: “It’s only a theory.” Blah blah blah…

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

TAE Summary

That image is superb, even if it is computer generated!!! Love it!

I didn’t know the Israelis were involved. But it would not surprise me in the least if evidence does emerge.

Methinks it’s going to be a very rough week, this first week of October.

We have one day’s grace here, because the bad news doesn’t arrive until late afternoon, NZ being many hours ahead of the major financial markets etc.

That said, we have plenty of homegrown bad news.

There’s been a lot of talk about excess deaths and a surge in demand for coffins lately.

Let’s not mention the slowly collapsing housing market. Or the ram raids that are increasingly popular in Orcland.

How do we go broke? Slowly at first, and then very suddenly.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

There is a small lull before the storm. The crucial date is 4th October.

Dora
    Participant

What if they threw a pandemic and nobody came?

From Dr. Malone. Sending an SOS to the world.

https://gettr.com/post/p1st2gwa96c

WES
    Participant

Still working on my new 8′ x 20′ floating dock.
    Still trying to read all the great comments but with so many comments this week it has been tuff to keep up!

But agree this war is aimed at us little people in the west. We are the loosers.

Redneck
    Participant

No doubt Shryver and company are now working furiously on their excuses for Lyman falling to the Ukranians yesterday. It looked like the Russians were finally going to stand and fight but they couldn’t hold out.
    The mobilisation is a classic Soviet style fuck-up , Putin is trying to sort out the mess.
    Funniest clip of the day was Ritter on Russian TV telling a despondent group of Russians how they are winning. Obviously his intel is better than those who live there.
    Only Putin’s private army the Wagner group is making any progress. But then they get a cut so have motivation. They are active all around the globe including Venezuela. They provide the muscle for Putin and his oligarch’s diamond and gold mines in Africa , run a coup here and there. They were making big bucks in Syria taking over oil fields from the Kurds and the US. They quietened down a bit there after the US took out about one or two hundred of them with air strikes as they were trying that trick on a CONOCO site in Feb. 2018. The funny thing was that before the strike the US spoke to the Ruskys on the hotline and asked if it was their boys who were attacking and the Russians said no , go ahead and fry them……maybe there is a bit of friction between the Russian Blackwater and the official armed forces.I guess they want a cut of the spoils too , Putin’s cook is getting too much.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Either Russia is moving a lot of paper mâché, canvas, polystyrene etc. or they are moving the heavy stuff that Putin alluded to when he said they had only just started. I guess we will know which in a week or so

zerosum
    Participant

@ Redneck

I want peace. I’m not going to get it on this earth.

Will a NATO/USA win give you what you want?
    Will a defeat of Russia give you want you want?

Our world is heading into shortages of everything that gave us growth.
    Continuing war accelerates the burning of everything that made life easier.

…. I can’t see the spoon that you see bending.

I’m not even considered or considered irrelevant by our rulers

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Dr. D wrote, ” The territory you can get back; the men you can’t. The men take 25 years of careful growing with full mothers and happy homes.”

Cue AI soldaten, warrior robots that won’t take 25 or even 18 years to reproduce and need neither full mothers nor happy homes.

Next question. Who’s ahead in the AI race?

aspnaz
    Participant

My scientific theory is that AFKTT’s head just exploded … cognitive dissonance?

Okay- for some reason, TAE summary, your twin towers pic has given me the giggles. It must be the submarine…

Isn’t it weird how the ancient wounds are still active? Everywhere? Why is that? I’m beginning to go with those who say that the families want their stuff back.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘My scientific theory is that AFKTT’s head just exploded … cognitive dissonance?’

See what I mean!

Completely incapable of engaging in scientific debate, aspnaz can only come up with ‘monkey’ responses to clearly set out evidence.

When I come to think of it, I cannot recall aspnaz ever posting a scientific fact on TAE.

‘Monkey see, monkey do.’

So which monkey are you imitating, aspnaz?

aspnaz
    Participant

AFKTT said

When I come to think of it, I cannot recall aspnaz ever posting a scientific fact on TAE.

What is a scientific fact? Something like AGW? You are very amusing, if I were a chimp I would be swinging from the trees with happiness, but I am not, so I go windsurfing instead … and that is a scientific fact.

Redneck
    Participant

ZEROSUM
    Will a NATO/USA win give you what you want?
    Will a defeat of Russia give you want you want?
    There are no winners in war.
    I am just an observer. I am an old man approaching the end of life.
    I have no fear of death and no beliefs structures about the time after death. Logic says to me that I will return to , or remain as I was before birth, who knows.
    I comment as an observer knowing full well that none of us can know the truth about the situation with total surety , it is almost all belief and opinion formed from our biases.
    The future belongs to the youth , I don’t see them demonstrating a lot of concern at present. No anti-Vietnam style protests in the streets unless it is some woke horseshit. Most of the public in Australia are oblivious as to what is happening , the footy news dominates.
    Until about three months ago I was a firm supporter of Putin/Russia. Since the SMO has been operating I have had to do some reforming of my opinions and am willing to admit I was just as much propagandised by the Russians as the West has mostly been propagandised by our MSM. It is obvious to any body who is willing to look past their biases that the Russians have been bullshitting us too. The Wagner group thing is an example of that. Hatred for our own leaders has blinded us to the faults of the other side. It is really a choice between two seriously flawed points of view. Of course if you are willing to believe that Russia and China are going to establish a new fair world order , with them in charge of course , then their propaganda looks good. Pulling back the curtain a bit it is obvious that there are a lot of bad intentions all around. Just take a look at the almost non-stop wars that Russia has been fighting to maintain it’s own hegemony over it’s Russian Federation and it’s unwillingness to let the members of the Federation go their own way. They say that they have a right to their own sphere of influence just as the West claims. Now they want to extend that sphere globally , that is what they are fighting for ,there is no significant difference really.
    Look at the leaders that Russia supports and props up , look at Belarus’s leader , Lukashenko for example, he is in power because Putin keeps him there as a Russian puppet just as the West keeps Zelensky in power.
    The retort is that we do the same so that makes it ok , twisted logic at best.
    Is Russia about to take the gloves off and pull out the big guns and prove me wrong , we will see. So far the signs are that the old Soviet corruption and stupidity are still firmly entrenched. The mobilisation has been a debacle and needs to be reformed. The truth will out in the next year , either Russia is a military superpower or it is not. Hypersonic nuclear weapons don’t mean a lot except as a bluff , there are enough of the old school nukes about to ensure plenty of carnage all around.
    What bugs me is the number of commentators on the “alternative media ” side of the media wars who are just completely sold out to their own prejudices and refuse to stop gaslighting even when it is obvious they are just plain straight out propagandising.
    I had a lot of respect for Ritter and the Duran crew back four months ago but now they are so transparently gaslighting it is a major setback for alternative media. Yesterday Alex Christoforou was belittling the Ukys win in Lyman just as he belittled the Uky win in Kharkiv. Now Lyman is just an insignificant village that Russia has no interest in and was pretty much abandoned by the Russians anyway. One may as well listen to CNN.
    Watching the forums on the largest Russian tv channel , they have eighty million viewers , shows quite plainly how the Russians see the situation . Somehow Ritter and co. know better than the Russians what is happening on the ground, absurd.
    Is the West ready to double down and give unlimited support , we will see.
    Either way it is a massive clusterfuck for everybody , but if one is to fight a war , best to fight to win. That applies equally to both sides.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.