Debt Rattle October 7 2014

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 7 2014

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Charlotte Brooks Marilyn Monroe and Navy Pilot 1952 • Global Banks Face 25% Loss-Absorbency Rule in FSB Plan (Bloomberg) • ‘Nuanced’ Q4 Dollar Gains A
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 7 2014]

John Day
    Participant

Hi Ilargi,
    I don’t see how the 15 year mortgage is a bad deal, unless something is misrepresented here.
    The interest rate starts low, and is reduced by 0.5% for every 1% of purchase price put into down-payment.
    This is not pre-payment of interest, as portrayed here, but interest forbearance, which must be paid by some entity, likely governmental.
    This makes sense if such entity wants to increase prices in the lower end of the housing market, while the Chinese billionaires are losing interest.
    It is sure easy for news stories to misrepresent the actual situation.
    It could be a trap.

SteveB
    Participant

I almost cried at that Kunstler quote. They’re so not ready.

V. Arnold
    Participant

And just why does Kunstler have any traction? I’ve never understood that. He’s a zionist and a weak sister on gay’s and gay rights. He pretends other. Disclosure; I’m not gay, but an ardent supporter.
    A world made by hand? Oh please. Romantic fantasy geared to selling books to the hopelessly naive and frankly, stupid. The world Kunstler describes will be far darker than he imagines, IMO.
    I’d sooner listen to the Junior Woodchucks; Hewy, Dewy, and Lewy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.