Debt Rattle September 10 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 10 2023

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Pieter Bruegel the Elder The Fall of Icarus 1558   • Wrongheaded US Leadership in Ukraine – Larry Johnson, Ray McGovern, Nap (Sp.) • Ice Cracking
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 10 2023]

Veracious Poet
    Participant

aspnaz
    Participant

The human-induced climate change hoax is a trojan horse through which unelected globalist bodies such as the United Nations, are attempting to seize totalitarian control over every minute detail of our lives, under the pretext of “saving the planet”.

Look at this page on Saigon/Ho Chi Minh city in Cambodia … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Chi_Minh_City. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the weather data – this is something that wikipedia is putting out there to support the climate change scam. Look how red that weather data is; even 13.8C is coloured red as if we will be burning at 13C … I wear a jumper at 13C, so why is it red? It looks like HCMC is glowing red like charcoal. The wikipedia editors are complete progressive retards which is how they know how to talk to the retards that believe their AGW scam.

Of course the scam is total bullshit, something persuasively enforced by our now-sulking fellow commenter AFKTT who failed to convince anybody of anything, other than the possibily that the mentally ill have all been shipped to NZ. A lot of people have sympathy with the AGW scam, not because they think it is true, but because they feel that we abuse our planet through polution, destruction of natural habitat etc and that anyone trying to stop this is a good guy. I too do not like the destruction of the natural world, but I am not going to support the oligarchs who do the destruction by buying into their climate scam.

Red
    Participant

testing testing

Red
    Participant

Hmm working. “A lot of people have sympathy with the AGW scam, not because they think it is true, but because they feel that we abuse our planet through polution, destruction of natural habitat etc and that anyone trying to stop this is a good guy. I too do not like the destruction of the natural world, but I am not going to support the oligarchs who do the destruction by buying into their climate scam.”

Agreed. I first went full off grid in ’07 because it was far cheaper for me than paying to have the grid pulled in over the one kilometre of my property. I grew to like no grid payments. So now I live in a place less than 25 metres from the grid and choose to stay off the grid for purely fiscal reasons. The coming structural issues that will plaque the grid will have little effect on us here, short of a CME. The internet going down would be the most inconvenient part but not crippling by any stretch. No land lines of any sort here.

Armenio Pereira
    Participant

Si la jeunesse savait, si la vieillesse pouvait…

Do away with guilt – Do away with pride – You’ll be fine – Or maybe you won’t

zerosum
    Participant

CONTROLTHE MESSAGE
    My way or the highway

You don’t know, nobody told you, about what people think is going on,that the social media platforms were coerced by the gov., in viewpoint suppression, censored views including content questioning of anti-COVID-19 measures such as masks and vaccine mandates and allegations of election fraud.

• Biden Admin Likely Violated 1st Amendment On Social Media: 5th Circuit (ZH)
    ———
    Dhuu!
    Cause of inflation

Households and businesses need to accept that they are worse off and should stop asking for wage increases and pushing prices higher and reducing the profits of the elites.
    ———–
    ” I think people are tired of being lied to by the government, by the media,” Mr. Kennedy said.

• Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Wants His Party Back (ET)

Democrat pundits say he is a fringe candidate who spreads conspiracy theories.
    ————
    ““They asked me to LIE about President Trump in order to indict him,”
    ..because I refused to lie about President Trump it cost me twenty-two years of my life.”

• Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio Drops Bombshell (GP)

———

Dr. D
    Participant

“Bud Light Welcomes New Investor Bill Gates With Limited Edition Jeffrey Epstein Cans” – Bbee
    pic
    https://media.babylonbee.com/articles/64f8f2b4a2ddb64f8f2b4a2ddc.jpg

“Opinion: Is the Most Prosperous Era in Human History a Good Time to Have Kids?” –Bbee

“Full Authoritarian: New Mexico Governor Suspends Constitutional Gun Rights For Law-Abiding Citizens In Albuquerque

Open season! On lawful people! Let the shootin’ begin!

In the video they ask (thank God) “Um, I don’t think the criminals…they um, already are breaking the laws…” Why? “Because we had to do something!!!”

Lady. You had to DISARM all the victims? THAT is your response to violent invaders attacking people? WTF kind of sense does that make?

“Back in 2012, DARPA began investing in gene-encoded vaccines.”

Yes but they invest in everything. 1,000s of dumb ideas that never work. Always have. They also invest in Velcro and Teflon. It doesn’t make it bad. And the many articles above, seems like the same thing. It’s job of planners to plan; their dates will be in the future not the past. The interesting thing I see is Germany never has any medical problems according to them: it only weakens their rivals Italy and Spain. Can’t see shadows everywhere, it doesn’t strengthen your case. Or if you have to say “Yes. But this one detail fits with OTHER details,” then point to that whiteboard with thousands of pins and strings on it.

Aliens
    https://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2018/06/Conspiracy-Theory-Wall-832×447.jpg

…Even if it’s true. Like a lawyer, you pick the one thing. They always make mistakes. Like the mistake here is 100% got the vaccine, and 100% of vaccinated have Covid. Discuss?

I can barely break through planet obvious on points like that, much less that a planner-who-plans met with a funder-who-funds.

But this is part of knowing how the system works. I was thinking of an old-tyme BBC mini called “Edge of Darkness.” It shows these plans well. In it, an ex-policeman is retired after the death of his environmentalist daughter. As it turns out, there’s more to it than appeared, including a nuclear cover up. But like LeCarre, look at the cast: an environmentalist who isn’t. A policeman who isn’t. He’s being monitored by MI6. He meets her former Activist friends, who are also being monitored. They are/aren’t informants of the MI6/Scotland Yard crew because he’s also AWARE every other extremist he talks to THEY will know about. That means they are/aren’t actually real environmentalists but are/aren’t really government. The policeman then knows HE’S being monitored, so everyone HE talks to and everything he says is probably going to MI6. He then meets a CIA operative that’s not CIA, deniable, who is monitored/not monitored, CIA/Not CIA, legit business/but also DARPA-funded and then home office Gives orders/does not give orders to him to get in deeper with this not-policeman, who is exposed to MI6, who is investigating the death of his daughter, which MI6 wants/does not want investigated, therefore allows all these people to act ‘naturally’, so long as they have tabs on them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Darkness

Oh and the UK DoD is not on board and opposed to all of it.

See what I mean, how complicated it can get? Because of lies, lies, and more lies? I’m sure that’s true of every journalist out there – they all know they’re being monitored 24/7 and therefore anyone who talks to them is therefore at risk with Derp State. So if they care, shouldn’t they actively NOT talk to people and NOT look for stories? So aren’t Taibbi, Assange, really HELPING the Derp State, if so? No? Yes? Maybe? Doesn’t that make Assange the mole-sweeping crew?

That’s why Congress wants the records and we must have them. Instantly or everyone is fired. It’s my money and if you follow the money you can mostly follow what’s going on. Somewhat. Maybe. The CIA is self-funded with trafficking and insider trading since Papa Bush in ‘89, but you’d get a better handle on it.

“Blinken, standing alongside Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, touted that the Ukrainian military had made “real progress”

Why are you telling me this? Who is the audience for this statement? Because, as said, the map says otherwise and even the American people are about to find out.

“65-70,000 Ukrainian soldiers were killed in these past 3 months”

Running almost twice previous estimates. And puts it at 5-600,000 dead, so we’re at a million out of service?

“A Crimean Tatar born in Uzbekistan (USSR),”

So…a single drop of Tartar blood? Or what?

“Musk Talked to Russian Ambassador before Starlink Decision – WaPo (RT)

This is incredible. And that this goes on is incredible. IF Starlink EVER worked in Crimea, we’d already know since they’d have been using it all along. Yet the story given is very specific. This is a message from somebody to somebody since the bace-level narrative is ludicrous on its face. Someone “hacked” Starlink, which Musk had left open all along, like a “Liberty Safe” or an iPhone? Or HRCs home servers? That way it’s all deniable? Then indeed Russia – who is ALSO in his servers, alongside our NSA – then did indeed “shut it off harmlessly” during an attack?

Because y’all make no sense.

To further confuse – like the BBC drama above – WaPo only prints it to smash Musk, who is now Evilly-evil evil man. And Twitter, the most bestest favoritist thing ever, is now evilly-evil bad for everyone. Everyone always knew that and always hated Twitter. They never bought a Tesla with their last dollar and drove it to Manhattan office or nothin’.

“the third month of Ukraine’s botched counteroffensive”

Is it really “botched” though? What did you expect them to do? Meta-context. That’s why the only acceptable journalistic words are “He SAID.” In this case “Failed” counteroffensive, as you can objectively prove the intent was at minimum a breakthrough. “Botched” means they erred, and if anything they’re finally improving and captured a few pointless towns barely in the first zone.

“the US is reportedly fast-depleting its own military caches of various weapons.”

Yes. The White Hats want us depleted. There are many reasons but let’s just say, how are the NeoCons going to storm around the world with no jets and no bullets? I guess we’ll just have to stay home and do “America First.” Oh, CHINA will invade? First, they can’t invade, that’s laughable. No one is invading us. Second, didn’t you just see the space weapons we have used take out a whole town with precision? There’s no “Shell production” for that, which is why we’re not turning on our buggy-whip factories.

“I posted Justin Hart’s tweet yesterday, with a long list of officials affected by the decision. Will they stop?”

No they will not. They will have to be physically removed and jailed. Our task is to not allow that to create a civil war.

“But, beyond express threats, there was always an unspoken ‘or else,’” it added”

Yes, but we always talk around and miss every point because of the blizzard of lies. They can’t do this because it’s illegal under Sec230. The very ACT of doing it strips them of protection. Ever. Always. That means from the first minute, they are and must be a Government-Corporate merger. We proved that on the first page and still have a million document pages to go.

““I’ve never seen this big of a disconnect between how the economy is actually doing and key polling results about what people think is going on,” Heidi Shierholz, president of the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal think tank, told US media.”

Uh huh. I guess we’ll have to find out which of the two of us is disconnected and living in fantasy. Newsflash: 100% of the time, it’s not the People. To “Live in Fantasy” one has to have money and power. Where would they get that from?

“The way to think about that is people were in an incredibly deep hole because of inflation and we’re still not all the way out of that hole,” Furman says.”

He’s right, that IS a good way to think about it. We WERE in 25% inflation, where your wages are cut in half every two years, but now we’re in 5% inflation where your wages are cut in half only every 10 years. Newsflash for those without wealth and power, who work for governments with Federal Union inflation adjustments: ANY inflation above zero is deadly. You reduced Inflation from “Terrible” to “Very bad”. That means Joe and Bidenomics are “Very Bad.” To us.

Now why they think this very bad thing is very bad? That make no sense. Sad panda is sad. No, to WIN, we’d have to have dead-NEGATIVE inflation. MINUS 5-10% inflation. Where things cost LESS each month. Just to get us BACK to “Bad” we had LAST year. Or wages RISE 10% a month for years, your choice. Either would blow your whole Western Financial system to kingdom come, collapsing the entire West into ruin that makes the Great Depression look orderly and elegant. Yeah. I know. That all makes every sentence here irrelevant and totally off-point.

What will it take to convince voters that inflation is no longer a problem?”

That’s impossible. How can we convince voters gravity doesn’t suck?

“Indeed, if a 3% inflation rate (coupled with wages that rise faster than 3%) remains in effect indefinitely, people will eventually feel good (or less bad) about the economy.”

Hahahaha! And if a frog had stilts he wouldn’t bump his -ss on the ground. Never once in my life have wages exceeded inflation. That’s generations(of 20 years). Do I need to post the straight-down chart? Oh “you could make money in the market: all you have to do is buy the right stocks!” Easy! Same argument. If impossible things would only happen, impossible outcomes would occur. Again: this does not jibe with the experience of anyone living today.

And he’s so ADORABLE about gas prices. Home price and rents have DOUBLED since possibly ‘08. Big as they are, gas prices don’t compare; they’d barely operate to create relief, massive though they are. Mortgage doubled from $1000/mo at 3x income to $2,000/mo at 9x income. Do YOU spend $1,000 a month on gas? I sure hope not. It’s probably physically impossible unless you commute to Boston from Bangor.

““…growth in corporate profits accounted for 45% of inflation in Europe last year..”

Possibly. And I believe it. However, their “Profits” are merely A) Inflation itself. If you sell the same 100 widgets at 40% inflation, it’s 40% “Additional Profit” isn’t it? But B) In a raging inflation environment, you need a enormous war chest or die. That’s compounded by the war chest you sock is shrinking every moment you try to fill it. But that’s “Visibility”. Stability. Capitalism works on being able to predict anticipate, and get things out there in the FUTURE. It’s a Time-Machine. If you guess wrong, you die.(or used to and are supposed to) So if you bugger up the future both with additional horror AND no visibility, you’re really destroying Capitalism itself.

…Which is the whole point of course. And just as Lenin said. “There Is No Alternative”. Government is just a-gonna have to take over industry, medicine, housing, everything. Shucks. But “Only Temporarily”. It’s “An Emergency.”

“Democrat pundits say he is a fringe candidate who spreads conspiracy theories.”

Do they now? Which ones? Because others DON’T say that.

“Polls show him with the highest favorability rating of any presidential candidate.”

Oh, I see, only “fringe conspiracy theory pundits” do. Because if they were anywhere near mainstream they couldn’t disagree with their own base and audience so radically.

“• Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio Drops Bombshell (GP)

This is entrapment, obstruction, witness tampering, soliciting false testimony and like 20 levels of felonies. By the government, which should be held to a far higher standard. No one even THINKS about investigating, charging, and removing them for being serial felons. Not even discussed. Why? How do you arrest your own government? Civil War = They Win.

“The DOJ admitted to altering evidence in Flynn’s case”

So everyone was arrested, fired, impeached, and jailed, right?

“5.1 million,”

Law of large numbers says that’s 14,000 people a day. A whole city each day.

““pesticides” (because they contain silver).”

Whut? Nevermind, they make up new illegal rules without Congress every day. Now a block of aluminum bauxite ore in the ground is a lower receiver, registered automatic machine gun. Why? Because I was in the break room a minute ago and thought it up. Silver, which is legal to have, was in your pocket not a year ago, now = dangerous poison. And so is an organic grass-fed Wagu steak. I decided and outlawed it a minute after.

John Day
    Participant

Air Force Maui Optical and Supercomputing (AMOS)
    https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/air-force-maui-optical-and-supercomputing

​ The AFRL Directed Energy Directorate operates two major telescope sites that are used to advance SSA technologies. One of these sites is located on Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, and the other site is located on Maui, Hawaii. The Maui site is called the Air Force Maui Optical and Supercomputing (AMOS) site…
    ​ The AMOS site consists of two facilities that conduct SDA operations and research and development (R&D). The first facility is the Maui Space Surveillance System (MSSS) and the second is the Maui High Performance Computing Center (MHPCC).
    ​ Research thrusts at the AMOS site include satellite detection and identification, atmospheric compensation and resolved imaging, astrodynamics and orbital metrics, sensor development, laser propagation through the Earth’s atmosphere, database cataloging of satellite images, and high-performance computer modeling and simulation. In addition to its use as an R&D facility, AMOS has been called upon to help identify and/or track spacecraft payloads and communication satellites.
    ​ The unique focus on research and development as well as operations provides a rapid development cycle from concept to operational implementation.

AIR FORCE MAUI OPTICAL AND SUPERCOMPUTING (AMOS) SITE

5/24/2023​ An upward trajectory for directed-energy weapons
    ​ Directed-energy weapons are electromagnetic systems that convert chemical or electrical energy to radiated energy. They are focused on target and on physical damage that degrades, neutralizes, defeats, or destroys an adversarial capability. Directed-energy weapons include systems that use high-energy lasers that emit photons, and high-power microwaves that release high-power radio frequency waves.
    ​ High-power microwave weapons create beams of electromagnetic energy over a broad spectrum of radio and microwave frequencies intended to couple and interact with electronics located at a target and then causing damage or temporary disruption.
    ​ “There’s no direct definition for what’s the difference between a high-power microwave directed-energy weapon and a radar, but we’ve tempted to basically have a dividing point of that,” says John Tatum in a webinar, sponsored by the Defense Systems Information Analysis Center in 2019 ” If a source has a peak effective radiated power of greater than 100 megawatts or radiated energy of greater than one joule per second, it typically will fall into the area of high-power microwave sources.”​…
    ..Air Force Research Laboratory-Kirtland demonstrated a mobile tactical high-power microwave operational responder (THOR), with an aggressive agenda to reach warfighters soon. The intent of THOR is to be up and running in three hours by two people. It’s designed to take down several enemy unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) simultaneously with rotational antenna control to provide 360-degree coverage, with the firing mechanism and overall systems control, coming from a laptop computer…
    ..Also in the report, OSD also requested $11 million in FY2023 to continue ongoing assessments of directed energy weapons, including assessments of the weapons’ effects, effectiveness, and limitations. In addition, DARPA’s Waveform Agile Radiofrequency Directed Energy (WARDEN) program seeks to “extend the range and lethality of high-power microwave weapons … [for] counter-unmanned aerial systems, vehicle and vessel disruption, electronic strike, and guided missile defense.” …
    ..”Directed-energy weapons have been deployed primarily as a force multiplier, able to damage physical targets with greater precision and accuracy, resulting in a competitive advantage over traditional weapons. Especially given the current heightened global threat landscape in Europe and Asia, militaries are seeking any potential advantages,” he says…
    ​..”A key trend right now is the imperative to reduce size, weight, power, and cooling (SWaP-C) requirements in order to make these weapons viable for operational deployment,” says Stoudt. “There is an ongoing challenge of directed energy weapon systems being too heavy, too large, too under-powered, and too expensive for widespread deployment.
    ​ In the modern battlespace, we must balance the need for power with the need for mobility. Now, with the development of fiber lasers, electromagnetic and high-energy weapons can take a more meaningful role in the DOD arsenal. By using modular open-system architectures and optimizing SWaP-C, military and operational utility is enhanced to bring directed energy where it previously couldn’t be integrated into warfighting platforms.”​ …
    ..At The Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) recently opened a new High-Power Electromagnetic Effects and Modeling Facility at Kirtland AFB. The new $6 million facility supports high-powered radio frequency weapons systems and contains a dedicated forensic lab for studying a range of HPEM targets after engagement. The new facility will allow for greater collaboration as the Air Force is set to advance directed energy technologies.

​Air Force Research Laboratory-Kirtland demonstrated a tactical high power microwave operational responder (THOR), with an aggressive agenda to reach warfighters soon.
    https://www.militaryaerospace.com/power/article/14292443/an-upward-trajectory-for-directedenergy-weapons

​ The Vigilant Eagle Airport Protection System is a proposed directed-energy weapon under development by the U.S. military under a Defense Department contract with Raytheon. It would create an invisible microwave dome around an airport that could block missiles heading toward incoming and outgoing aircraft.​..
    ​..Raytheon’s experimentation with directed energy weapons began when its research labs’ experiments had inadvertently produced the first microwave oven in 1958. Under William Swanson, Raytheon’s chairman and CEO, the company has become even more focused on directed energy systems. He has stated “When I look at directed energy, it’s clear that if someone is gonna put us out of business, it will be us.”​ …
    ..Within the last three years, the company’s researchers have shot down multiple types of shoulder-fired antiaircraft missiles at a distance of several miles with pulses of microwave energy…
    ​..The first large difference between the ground-based Vigilant Eagle and other aircraft protection systems is the lower cost between it and its rivals. Mike Booen, Raytheon’s chief of directed-energy programs estimates that the system can be built for about $25 million per airport if the system is deployed in at least 25 airports. Of all the airports located within the U.S., the top 31 airports account for 70% of the country’s takeoffs and landings. “If Vigilant Eagle is installed in all of them, the expenditure would total less than $1 billion, compared with the $6–$12 billion it would take to install protection systems on 6,000 aircraft”.
    ​ Airline carriers have also stated concerns with airplane-mounted systems because of the weight and cost of these systems. The DHS has stated that the cost of each flight carrying the countermeasure would be approximately $350. During the airlines’ best year ever, they only earned about $600 per flight. It is also unclear whether the airlines or the government would bear the cost of using these types of systems.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilant_Eagle

​ The ALKA directed-energy weapon (DEW) system is a Turkish dual electromagnetic/laser weapon developed by Roketsan.[1] It was first unveiled at the 2019 IDEF exhibition on 8 May 2019. This combat laser was allegedly used to destroy one of GNC’s Wing Loong II UAVs; if true, this would represent the first known time a vehicle-mounted combat laser was used to destroy another combat vehicle during genuine wartime conditions.​..
    ​..The ALKA DEW is claimed to have a power of 50 kW.​ It operates both laser and electromagnetic systems. It purportedly uses automatic target recognition utilizing both electro-optical and radar detection[2] to track multiple targets simultaneously. It is claimed by its designers to have the capability to disable a swarm of drones at a range of 4000 m,[​ destroy a target with laser at 500 m distance and destroy a target at 1000 m distance with electromagnetic weapons.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALKA_(weapon)

thomasjkenney
    Participant

McCullough might want to open his aperture a bit. See Larry Niven, A World Out Of time and The Fourth Profession. Both have mRNA plot devices. The former was written half a century ago.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

I realize I could be slightly less obtuse. What were Niven and friends doing for DARPA during the Reagan administration? Yes, lasers and stuff, but that’s the flash for public consumption.

zerosum
    Participant

Since, the vaccine, covid are increasing depopulation at an earlier age, do you think that the remainder population will make a better society?

When the WHO runs off with the reins of power, the first thing they will do is declare a “gun-violence health emergency”.
    Then, I think, the US will get the civil war its left wing craves so much.

A freebie from Penzey’s Spices says on the package:
    “Justice is the light that has guided America through every storm. Now one party wants to obstruct it, twist it, steal it away from We the People to gift it to their donors. America’s future depends on us not letting that happen.
    Season liberally ™”
    “Liberally” might give me a hint, but to whom are they speaking?

thomasjkenney
    Participant

Accidentally prescient title, cognitive dissonance, ego vs other… Like many of their songs, there’s a lot to unpack for 3.5 minutes.

Barrytown – Steely Dan

Leave me be, or I’ll be like the others you will meet
    They won’t act as kindly if they see you on the street
    Don’t you make a scream or shout
    It’s nothing you can do about
    It was there when you came out
    It’s a special lack of grace
    I can see it in your face
    I can see by what you carry that you come from Barrytown!

jb-hb
    Participant

What were Niven and friends doing for DARPA during the Reagan administration?

Niven and Pournelle were running the Citizens’ Advisory Council on National Space Policy and the L5 society. A bunch of high powered scientists, generals, and scifi writers meeting at his house. Up until recently you could subscribe to their newsletter by mailing $5 to Niven’s house.

If you want an overview of what those guys were thinking, it’s:
    Space: The Crucial Frontier – Citizens’ Advisory Council on National Space Policy (1981)
    https://space.nss.org/wp-content/uploads/Crucial-Frontier-1981.pdf

L5 got rolled into the National Space Society, which has a charming website https://space.nss.org/ – their old publications are in their “Space Library” if you are a fan of nostalgic retro futurism

How endearing, the idea of these guys just meeting up in Niven’s little house (1060 E Elm St. Tuscon AZ – openly listed in the 1981 paper as the L5 “headquarters”) to discuss this stuff, the trusting giving-out of home address, his description of the meeting sounding almost like a bunch of buddies getting together to play D&D, or more likely Traveler or Star Frontiers. Or if the SDI defenses didn’t work in the case of world war 3, then Twilight or Gamma World.

A quaint, charming front? Dunno. But there’s their paper on what they said they wanted. Their “space library” https://space.nss.org/national-space-society-library/ has all sorts of papers on various subjects from different eras

jb-hb
    Participant

“A Crimean Tatar born in Uzbekistan (USSR)”

So…a single drop of Tartar blood? Or what?

I can explain! It is a small story.

The Turks used to own Crimea, and would launch regular slave taking raids on the surrounding steppe, in-depth (horsemen) actually denuding the region significantly of human population. Why were the Russian steppes so empty with such good farming land? Well, there’s a reason.

The Russians built a dike/wall sort of like the vikings did in england would do, running for hundreds of miles to try to restrict the Turkish raids. Visible from space most likley, I forget the exact name of it. In a single year’s invasion, for instance, the Turks burnt down Moscow and took 150,000 Russians as slaves.

So the Turkish Khaganate on the northern side of the Black Sea was a constant source of human suffering, a real continual thorn in the side of Russia. As soon as Russia was powerful enough, they conquered it as a matter of self defense, to close off Turkish access on the north side of the Black Sea. Filled it with Russians because how else are you going to keep it? Accomplished around the same time the US ratified its Articles of Confederation

Accuse the Russians of being big meanie expansionists for Crimea in the 1700’s and I don’t think you will compel a tear out of them. For hundreds of years, the Turks kidnapped into slavery a nation’s worth of people.

When the Germans overran Crimea in WW2, the Turks there sided with the Germans, did the kind of dirty work Nazi-sympathizers in other places like Ukraine, Croatia, etc did. After the war, when Russians returned to Crimea, they found homes and farms burnt out, friends and family executed, generally the kind of stuff that would enrage a bunch of battle hardened soldiers

Amazingly, Stalin DIDN’T have the crimean turks liquidated. Cmon man, you’re Stalin. No, he had them all shipped by train to central asia. There, they and their descendants tend groves of fruit trees unmolested. Really lucky break. The Volga-Deutsche didn’t get a deal like that, and they were Mennonite pacifists.

A Crimean Tatar born in Uzbekistan (USSR)

Translation – descendent of relocated nazi sympathizers.

hexadec
    Participant

“How can we convince voters gravity doesn’t suck?”

Brought to mind a Reina Del Cid lyric from “Edge of the Universe.”

“There’s nothing so cruel as old gravity.”

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@jb-hb: right on!

Pournelle – serious space travel, social conservative

Some more friends of DARPA/CIA:

Brin – cybernetics, transhumanism, trans-‘dolphinism’, ‘woke’
    Vinge – software, ‘AI’, seemed to take a very ‘woke’ turn somewhere
    Benford – genetics, general repair of and anti-aging, telomeres (!!!)

…and, for the foil-adorned…

Clarke and Kubrick – co-developed 2001: A Space Odyssey at roughly the same time as moon landing

I may try to write something substantial about this, since I’ve got a list of similar (not just SciFi) flagged as weird, or at least as ‘Gen. Turgidson’ naiive and enthusiastic.

—————————-

Three Degrees of Larry Niven

My former boss/family friend attended a party high on a hill in Glendale, colleague of high standing, in a house that can be described as a fully-functional Living VAX/PDP Museum and Equipment Lease/Loan. Alan Frisbee, Flying Disc Systems, was among the truly smart that I met along my career path. His parties drew lots of hardware wonks, NASA folks, university faculty, authors…which is how my boss had met Niven, at a party where nearly everyone in attendance would have been ‘neck beard’ to the max. My boss and Niven could have been mistaken for twins, but they had the same first name! 🙂

Celticbiker
    Participant

Your in the real Holocaust now folks, not the fake 1 they beat into your head at school.. Austerity, just a fancy word for poverty is whats on the menu. They stole it all already. They want you dead, crippled and broke. Going after water filters should show you how vindictive and evil these motherfuckers are.. If you cannot recognize ZOG, at this late and dangerous hour, you are fucked.

Celticbiker
    Participant

Macgregor is telling you the same thing I am, he’s just not willing to say who. He would’nt be on TV no more, would he? He’d be Kanyed, as it were.. Global elites, gimme a fuckin break.

aspnaz
    Participant

@CelticBiker Regulations are the chains that the government use to control our lives. In this case they are obviously targeting Berkey for reasons other than harm done by their filters, this looks like a personal attack for the usual corrupt reasons; maybe someone in the EPA has a friend bringing out a competing water filter. I will remind you that many members of the public have silver cutlery, teapots and coffee pots. Is that cutlery now to be classified as pesticides? Is the precious metals and pesticides markets to be merged? Stupid people in government wasting tax payers money, like giving a chimp a silver spoon.

It is quite an interesting read … https://www.bigberkeywaterfilters.com/blog/berkey/BERKEY-WATER-FILTERS-SUES-THE-EPA

So there’s a football game on and I said “Why do all football games sound alike?” and of course the thing is that the vocabulary is very, very, very small. There’s a good deal of emotion as the announcer yells that someone is doing something spectacular. People repeat the ritual again and again….
    I wonder: could Chat, etal, make up an exciting football game (and while it’s at it, provide animation of the game as well?).
    Gee.

Oroboros
    Participant

Physiognomy

NOUN

A person’s facial features or expression, especially when regarded as indicative of character or ethnic origin:
    “friends began to notice a change in his physiognomy”

Their Physiognomy is the result of drinking children’s blood and adenochrome after ritual sacrifice

Oroboros
    Participant

Duh’mericans

Oroboros
    Participant

My mine is exploding from Stupid

If the “Clients” series from Bud’s Epstein Beer is available, I’d buy a few cans.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.