Debt Rattle September 2 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 2 2020

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Leonardo da Vinci Head of a Woman 1475-80   • Trump Administration Issues Sweeping Eviction Ban (Hill) • Trump Knocks Fauci: ‘I Inherited Him’ (H
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 2 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The artwork today; Leonardo da Vinci Head of a Woman 1475-80; is lovely, just lovely.
    The enlarged (klick version) only reinforces that first observation…
    The detail is astonishing, IMO…
    Lovely…just lovely…

Leonardo was born in 1452, so like Rembrandt when he painted yesterday’s portrait, only in his mid-twenties when he did this lovely work

V. Arnold
    Participant

Leonardo was born in 1452, so like Rembrandt when he painted yesterday’s portrait, only in his mid-twenties when he did this lovely work

Incredible at that age; but early America also thrived; before the introduction of forced education…
    Faragut, Washington, Lincoln, and on and on…all made their mark by the age of twenty and earlier…autodidacts all…
    With forced education, 1853, it all went to hell…

zerosum
    Participant

What has been happening and why
    With the help of TAE,

How an “Act of God” Pandemic is Destroying the West

By Michael Monday, August 31, 2020
    How an “Act of God” Pandemic is Destroying the West
    Before juxtaposing the U.S. and alternative responses to the coronavirus’s economic effects, I would like to step back in time to show how the pandemic has revealed a deep underlying problem.
    The U.S. corona virus lockdown is turning rent and debt arrears into an opportunity to impoverish the indebted economy and transfer mortgaged property and its income to creditors.

Imagine an impossible alternate universe.
    If C19 had been treated just like an ordinary cold flue.
    (No layoffs, No lock downs, The increased mortality accepted as normal. Trillions of dollars would not have been spent.)

Mr. House
    Participant

@Zerozum

Imagine they knew the financial system was gonna blow in the in the spring and this summer was and endless occupy wall street. And Bernie had been sidelined by obama and biden. Can’t have that now can we?

John Day
    Participant

https://www.johndayblog.com/2020/09/securing-necessities.html
    There are a lot of historical currents and riptides running through the ocean of life right now.
    We can see some of the effects, and compare the present to historical events in similar times of systemic failure and forced societal adaptation.

Firstly, we have sociopaths at the helm, same as before.
    They have different tools to use this time, and they have to avoid nuclear war,because it will certainly destroy their assets, the social systems they bleed, and likely their lives. They have workarounds. Pandemic contagion is being beta-tested as I write.
    Contagion has its own set of problems, being so very unpredictable, and essentially impossible to contain, once released. My personal view is that SARS-CoV-2 virus got out accidentally, ahead of anybody’s schedule,and that Event 201 , the global coronavirus pandemic international coordination event in October 2019 was damage control, with the virus already uncontained. Maybe I’m wrong, but my view implies catch-up efforts by variously wrong-footed elite power groups. I think that is what we are seeing, a general elite-level unpreparedness, especially in the complacent west.
    Western elites need to keep people locked up, compliant and afraid until they agree on a plan, but they are “not agreement-capable”.

I intend to diagnose and treat, diagnose and treat, diagnose and treat to fight tyranny. Get through this stupid, damned pandemic!
    Currently the oral zinc tablets are what our local pharmacies cannot get their hands on, but they do have Hcq, azithromycin, ivermectin and doxycycline. I have some zinc gluconate that I can put in white paper bags with labels and give to my patients.
    I ordered it around April 1, and it came in about mid May.
    My advice to all is to find some oral zinc, either gluconate or zinc citrate, zinc monomethionine, zinc acetate, zinc orotate, or zinc sulfate, purchase it, and maybe extra to give as gifts. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/zinc-supplements#types
    Find a doctor who is comfortable prescribing antiviral treatment for COVID. Independent practitioners may be more free to prescribe.
    A local pharmacist, maybe at a compounding pharmacy, not a big chain pharmacy, might be able to direct you to who is prescribing in your area.
    Here is my Update on available COVID-19 treatments , from 8/20/20:
    https://www.johndayblog.com/2020/08/update-on-available-covid-19-treatments.html

There are other points of weakness, like the global digital watering hole. Poisoning the internet hurts everybody, all of the support systems, upon which our sociopathic helmsmen rely. Still, there are many forms of more and less subtle local internet attacks. The defenses against any attack drain resources and reduce the local internet function of the defended nodes. Whatever internet weapons are being tested still look like they are at the annoyance level, like we see from criminal organizations, individual hackers, and the spook world collecting data and attacking individuals and small groups.
    Our service to our local and regional elites must be forced by controlling our necessities of life, not just the internet.
    We rely on pure water, food, fuel to cook and heat, electricity, and transport fuel. We need sewer service. We need local order to be maintained, protection from human predators at street level. We also need medical and surgical care.
    We can enjoy freedom of maneuver to the degree that we assure local support systems for our local human teams. New York City might be hard, though the water supply has always been a good one. People are moving out of New York City, Chicago, LA, and other embatled cities.. Street riots, with destruction of property, looting, and lots of openly carried firearms, have forced many capable people to make that jump recently.
    Throughout history, elites and creative types have migrated back and forth between city and country.
    Thomas Jefferson and many of the American founding fathers were rural planters. At the time of the Revolutionary War, food production systems in the American colonies were almost completely local, as were fuel and water supplies, and all essential services. Mostly durable goods, tea, spices and cloth were imported. That did not allow much short term pressure to be brought to bear on the self sufficient colonial rebels.
    Currently, we are more reliant upon distant factory farming, but the same system makes it relatively easy to stockpile beans, rice, salt, cooking oil and canned goods. Weather and local agriculture vary a lot, as do local attitudes towards relative self-sufficiency.
    People are likely to support self sufficiency more in places where it is more possible (Wyoming being an exception in my mind.).

With these general principles long in mind, Jenny and I ventured to New Zealand in 2005 – 2006, Hawaii in 2008 – 2013, but we had to come back to Austin each time.
    The social capital that Jenny and I have built in Austin over the decades is really important. Each time we ventured farther away, and came up short , were unable to make or hold a jump, that social capital, our good reputations, allowed us to return to Austin and get right back to work supporting our family.
    I don’t want to sound stupid, but boy was this more important than I realized!
    You may already know better than to leg go of what you have before your next support system is securely established.

Yoakum, Texas seems to be working out pretty well. It is in the Texas coastal plains, 60 miles in from the Gulf of Mexico, so hurricanes are much weaker by the time they arrive. The weather patterns are moderated by the gulf. The soil “can grow anything”. This rich soil was found by Czech and German farmers from the 1830s, and drew them as intact immigrant communities from Europe. Yoakum never had a slave-plantation mode of production. That is a good heritage. There is a visible absence of social stratification. Houses of the wealthy and houses of the poor are not segregated. That’s unusual in America. It might be a good superficial feature to seek at street level. It implies an unstressed relationship between social strata. Rural Hawaii is often like that, too. (The local Hawaiians joke that when times get tough they will eat the people in the gated communities. Polynesians do traditionally eat people when times get tough, as you likely know.)

With threats from warring elites minimized, and with local food and social supports being built and developed, those who are not driven by acute threat may be able to gradually work out a new political economy and social contract from the soil-up. (I’m being hopeful, of course.)

Dr. D
    Participant

“Bill De Blasio Says NYC Indoor Dining May Not Happen Until June 2021”
    “‘Now all restaurants are Taco Bell.’ Taco Bell was the only restaurant to survive the franchise wars.”
    –Demolition Man

Or Applebee’s. We don’t care as long as it’s a mega-corp insider billionaire franchise and all small businesses lie dead with their Neanderthal Capitalist (–spit–) owners. Workers. Phtttt! Don’t they know wealth comes from drunken golfers handing out UBI? That’s just common sense!

Oh, P.S. flight of the wealthy from all cities, especially NYC, is off the charts. Okay, so when they leave, a) what happens to the tax base and “UBI” and b) they will have no reason to hold things together or to care if things look like Somalia. So voting with their very lives, the wealthy insiders say this is going to happen. Right now.

Of course since they know the currency is about to be swapped, that’s a no brainer. NYC like the summer of ’77 will be the best case scenario.

Reddit
    https://external-preview.redd.it/mpb3q2rUh2aKFWO3f68ora42I39IrGv9RxIKGk2cgF0.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=37a3656d544070edab6abde2847f9a8761be0aa0

Remember: when seconds count, the police ain’t comin’. Ever. When they defund the police, they’ll be safe with private security. You won’t. People up to 6-figure incomes won’t. Google “Pinkerton Cops”

Very methodical theft, corruption, and murder:
    http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=240146

With the by-line “Orange Man Bad” so clearly it’s a must-read.

“resilience in the face of economic disruption always has required a central authority to override “market forces”

Which Taleb would say central authority and non-markets are the OPPOSITE of resilience. Central Authority and rigged markets are how we got here. But there’s an answer: MOAR nepotism and government!

“How not to do a Jubilee. “Fed Now Owns Nearly One Third of All US Mortgages (Mish)

Why? The Fed owns all property, and the Fed is now owned (controlled) by the Treasury. Therefore, to do a jubilee, the Fed/Treasury just forgives itself its own book entry. That’s a classic, methodical, textbook process to create a Jubilee and debt forgiveness. And no evictions. And no Income Tax payments. What more could you possibly want? A parade down 42nd street?

“California Democrats Kill Gas and Oil Regulations (Horn)”

I can’t respect any of this. Did a wildcatter toss a cigarette butt? Otherwise, how are drillers causing wildfires in any meaningful way? CA, as well as Africa, Saudi, and the Silk Road are all getting WETTER in climate change. So wet their dams are breaking. The drilling is clearly “fettered” otherwise, there would be no regulations at all, and three U.S. coasts plus most states are shut down while natural oil washes ashore in Santa Barbara, helping no one. “Recent studies have linked oil drilling in California to health impacts, including low birth weight.” From what? The sound of the drilling? Though I can confirm the premise: Obama approved ANWR drilling and pipelines every bit as fast as Bush did. California spares no expense to ruin ecology permanently, though usually through paving every square inch of topsoil, not just cutting down mountains for lithium then lighting it on fire with a mountain of money under a subsidized Tesla. …Among a wide variety of like crimes. With NJ and pals. Criminal, anti-environmental Red states like Wyoming and South Dakota remain almost entirely wild. Funny ol’ world. It’s almost like they’re lying. It’s almost like every. single. thing. is the opposite of what they say.

Glennda
    Participant

Fantastic read from Michael Hudson. He really nails it. Oligarchic capitalism is buying it all, leaving crumbs and pandemic for the 99%. Where are public banks and medical care for all, when we really need them?

Glennda
    Participant

The article by Michael Hudson really nailed it – oligarchic disaster capitalism rules.
    Where are public banks and medical care for all, when we really need them?

Susmarie108
    Participant

Julian Assange is a hero. His fate is our fate.

Jubilee time – indeed! But only available if you view the pandemic as an “act of God”. Then it all ends right there and a Jubilee makes perfect sense; forgiveness from the bottom up is possible. On the other hand, when you eliminate the “act of God” option there is no place for forgiveness – only blame, and nothing ends until the least of us is broken and beaten down. We started by blaming China, the WHO, CDC and moved on to Blue v Red Governors/states, Dems v Repubs – in the end it will be the fault of all debtors, mortgagees and renters. Do not underestimate those actors who “play God”- they are out to WIN.

Leonardo da Vinci Head of a Woman 1475-80 is an amazing composition. What must it take to capture beauty in this Way? Locks of soft hair form a nest cradling an angel’s face…the light of Grace within this space.

“Imagine an impossible alternate universe”
    Every night I go to sleep hoping I wake up in that alternate universe. I can’t for the life of me figure out how I ended up in this one.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Julian Assange is a hero. His fate is our fate.

Jubilee time – indeed! But only available if you view the pandemic as an “act of God”. Then it all ends right there and a Jubilee makes perfect sense; forgiveness from the bottom up is possible. On the other hand, when you eliminate the “act of God” option there is no place for forgiveness – only blame, and nothing ends until the least of us is broken and beaten down. We started by blaming China, the WHO, CDC and moved on to Blue v Red Governors/states, Dems v Repubs – in the end it will be the fault of all debtors, mortgagees and renters. Do not underestimate those actors who “play God”- they are out to WIN.

Leonardo da Vinci Head of a Woman 1475-80 is an amazing composition. What must it take to capture beauty in this Way? Locks of soft hair form a nest cradling an angel’s face…the light of Grace is within this space.

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.occrp.org/en/investigations/a-hidden-tycoon-african-explosives-and-a-loan-from-a-notorious-bank-questionable-connections-surround-beirut-explosion-shipment

Since the devastating explosion of a store of ammonium nitrate in Beirut’s port on August 4, Lebanese citizens have taken to the streets in shock, outrage, and grief.

Above all, they have demanded answers: Where did the nearly 3,000 tons of explosive chemicals come from, and who owned it? Why did the rickety ship that brought the hazardous material to Lebanon end up stranded in the city’s port in late 2013? And how could the impounded chemicals sit for over half a decade in an unsafe warehouse before tragedy finally struck?

(IF INTERESTED ….. GO READ THE EXPOSE/ REPORT)

Reporting by Aubrey Belford, Rana Sabbagh, Stelios Orphanides, Sara Farolfi, Eli Moskowitz, Sarunas Cerniauskas, Antonio Baquero, Roman Shleynov, Riad Kobeissi, Diana Mukalled , Eman Qaisi, Giannina Segnini, Ana Poenariu, Atanas Tchobanov, Assen Yordanov, Ion Preasca, Yanina Korniienko, Dmitry Velikovsky, Karina Shedrofsky, Khadija Sharife, Nino Bakradze, Aderito Caldeira, Juliet Atellah, Alexey Kovalev, Fritz Schaap, and Christoph Reuter.

This story was produced in collaboration with Daraj.com (Lebanon), ARIJ.NET (Jordan), Meduza (Russia), iStories (Russia), Der Spiegel (Germany), RISE Moldova, RISE Romania, Bivol (Bulgaria), ifact.ge (Georgia), aVerdade (Mozambique)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.