Debt Rattle September 8 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 8 2020

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Todd Webb Rue des Plantes, Paris 1950   • Vitamin D Reduces risk of ICU Admission 97% – Study (Covid.US.org) • Rubberhose Cryptography And The Id
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 8 2020]

zerosum
    Participant

“They” don’t ever want him to see daylight again.”
    Who are “THEY”?
    Are “THEY” still in power and influence since Julian Assange had his last diner in relative freedom, 18 June 2012?
    What can Assange reveal to make “THEY” fear Assange ?
    What did “They” do?
    Governments changed but “THEY” did not.
    Therefore, “THEY” are more powerful than RussiaRussia, More powerful than MSM, more powerful than Trump.
    “They” fear the truth.
    Let Assange speak.

Wow, no-one’s got anything to say about Assange, or anything else for that matter? Maybe more people who read this should be more vocal? This is a civilized platform, you know. I’m sure thousands don’t because of what they see elsewhere, but we would love to hear your views. Honest.

zerosum
    Participant

Am I being ignored?

straightwalker
    Participant

The unwillingness of people like Obama (name your pol) to defend Assange is beyond depressing. So much easier to let him die than to suffer inconvenient blowback from true believers in the narrative. “Narrative” has become a euphemism for lies.

I think that the power people bear the most responsibility. But the enabling media establishment is right behind. They knew there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They know the twin towers and building 7 in N.Y. were taken down by thermal demolition. They know that Russia did not provide Wikileaks with damaging emails. They know Seth Rich was silenced by murder. They know the Covid virus was engineered in “gain of function” experimentation. They know or strongly suspect the various false flag operations blamed on Assad or Putin. They know that there are inexpensive and effective drugs for high risk outpatients in the first few days of Covid infection; they support the FDA declaration that HCQ is dangerous in the face of world wide use. They say nothing.

They make me ashamed to be a U.S. citizen.

Anyone who seriously threatens the power structure will be dealt with, one way or another. This is a fact which must be taken seriously. I suggest a silent slow withdrawal. Don’t play their game. An ongoing barely perceptible general strike. We will suffer, but a better concensus will build in small groups here and there, gradually spreading. Support your neighbors. Keep your head down.

Maybe someone can come up with a more direct approach. I’d love to hear it.

p.s. thanks, Raul, for the daily image, a great selection!

Dr. D
    Participant

I’m accepting donations for a new charity that will provide free T-shirts from the Thrift to doctors, nurses and surgeons. Shirts-R-Masks. Since officially t-shirts are able to stop the world’s smallest, most contagious viruses, I realize we’ve been doing this all wrong. Forget about the N95s, face shields, gloves, and gowns we’ve been using: think of all the plastic waste we can avoid, to say nothing of the pointless cost! As the CDC, WHO, and AMA all feel that t-shirt material is highly effective filtering medium, the only logical conclusion is that we should save lives and use it to the fullest possible extent. Like for tuberculosis, meningitis, diphtheria, whooping cough, and measles. After all, who am I to argue with international health experts?

That is, unless for some reason you DON’T think that t-shirts are an effective filtration medium against highly contagious airborne pathogens. Or for some reason you might believe – without evidence – that they would be practically useless without the additional measures of swapping fresh gowns, gloves, and glasses. For instance in a grocery store. Or if you ever poured a bathtub of water through 5oz jersey knit after failing to pass a single drop through an N95. But To-MAY-to, To-MA-To, it’s all the same so long as it is a visual reminder that you can safely touch your face and get really, really close to folks on the subway, just like Antony said in March 2020. Right?

Dr. D
    Participant

For Assange, what’s to say? His case hasn’t changed, we all know the score. Wear you out, Scare you out. He’s a hero, fully in compliance with all U.S. law and the Law of Nature it is based on, and all the prosecution are unconstitutional and legally groundless. As they say with Norton v Shelby, 1886:

“An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; it affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as inoperative as though it had never been passed.”

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/118/425/

Their “Law” restricts the press, free speech, warrants, due process, and government oversight by the people. This law therefore does not exist, it has no merit, it is inoperative. Anyone from the Judge to the Jailor must therefore let him free or else be caught up in the patent absurdity as well. But who does?

Their power comes from your gift: trusting, obeying, giving your free will and your life hours away. Don’t. Stay home, resist everything. Do not comply.

sumac.carol
    Participant

I am beyond sad about Assange. I support his father’s campaign, I have written letters to politicians, and today wrote a letter to the CBC, calling them out for not taking a stand against what is happening to Assange. He is pretty much a dead man walking IMHO and the rest of us are not far behind for allowing this to happen. Why save ourselves from covid only to allow ourselves to be silenced by monsters?

Am I being ignored?

And you are?

Huskynut
    Participant

I have huge respect for the efforts and lengths that Craig Murray go to in living by his principles, ans in supporting Assange. And he has his own legal battle in progress for reporting honestly and courageously on the Alex Salmond fit-up.

And yes – anyone who done a skerric of reading into the Assange/Wikileaks understands what a travesty the whole process is.

But as I was recently arguing with Caitlin Johnstone, who has been outspoken on every egregious topic APART from the police-state lockdowns in her own city of Melbourne, how on earth do you expect to engage and activate people to protest the most outrageous things elsewhere when they’re remaining passive while their own personal civil liberties have been arbitrarily and forcibly removed?

Hence my stance around Covid – even if masks, lockdowns, social distancing etc were proven efficacious, they have negative externalities that affect society. The idea that saving lives trumps anything and everything, and that extreme precaution is mandated always and everywhere is plain batshit insane.

Many of you are probably old enough to have read Robert Persig’s “Lola”, with his proposed hierarchy of morality. The idea that in ascending layers there is morality within biological, social, intellectual domains, and that the moral imperative of a higher layer trumps that of a lower layer. So that contrary to the prevailing “lives at all costs” narrative, when the moral needs of saving some lives (biological) meets the needs of preserving a functioning society (social), genuine morality demands that biology is subordinate to society.
    That the same principle that underpins individuals sacrificing their own lives in wartime for the good of the society.
    Somehow in this egocentric era, a huge number of people have convinced themselves of the precise opposite – that losing some/any lives is the ultimate sin/crime. That’s completely the opposite of what almost all reflective myths and societies over time have concluded.

in this Assange is a martyr, taking one for the global team. i’m sure he suspected it could come to this, but he went ahead anyway. That’s what courage looks like.. the opposite of our compliant cover-your-ass politicians and media.

That photo is film noir.
    Julian Assange’s life has become the same, except he has been questioned under the light and roughed up for so long the audience went home. Does anyone expect MSM journalists to speak up? What average MSM news consumer even knows what’s going on?
    How do good people make him human when he has been so dehumanized?
    He is just another victim of the plutocrats, as nearly all of us are, now. The severity of his abuse only figures as a reminder of how bad it can get if we cross the line. He is a figure in a morality play- a film noir.

Something clicked a couple days ago. I am fed up. Even the CDC is ‘fessing up, yet the MSM doubles down and proudly shows toddlers (some crying) scrambling on to a kindergarten school bus in their masks. My heart is broken. We will torture the children to keep adults “safe”.
    It has always been so.
    We’re so stupidly terrified in the US we’re willing to throw the election into chaos because the polls aren’t “safe”. This is individual selfishness at its pinnacle.
    No wonder so few care about Assange.

zerosum
    Participant

The gray man is the person who moves around the periphery of our awareness without creating any stimulus. This makes that person invisible for all practical purposes.

Okay. So I can hyperlink over at Off-G. But here I’ll just try and hint at it. Over at architects and engineers for nine eleven truth there is a subset called justice rising- there will be a symposium there this weekend starting Friday. Those who sneer at this can ignore this message.
    That day was the day they tested the spookability and gullibility levels of the general population. And now, here we are.

HerrWerner
    Participant

Sorry, Raul.“Wow, no-one’s got anything to say about Assange…?” Though I know I shouldn’t, I often have to skim over stories about Assange because the situation is so f**ing depressing. Today I fortified myself and read your selections. There, in one man’s story, is Spengler’s decline of civilizations. Since the events of 2001 a generation of journalists has retired or been furloughed. And the new generation seems to have so few of integrity. There are many reasons for that (loss of income from printed media to fund REAL journalism, ADHD of readers, 5-second attention spans, clickbait mentality of editorial staff, consolidation of media outlets and their allegiance to TPTB, I could go on for pages)

Grim consolation is that the governance of the UK is perhaps even worse than that of my home nation

word.

It is constantly asked by Julian’s supporters why the media do not see the assault on a publisher and journalist as a threat to themselves. The answer is that the state and corporate media are confident in their firm alliance with the powers that be.

sumac.carol
    Participant

From an ethical perspective, infringement on our rights to fight covid seems to be different from the infringement of rights being imposed on Assange. In the first case it is with the goal of protecting society from harm, however ham-fisted politicians are on their implementation. In the case of Assange, their is little, if any, evidence of a social good being achieved by the infringement on his rights -it is just a power play by the powerful to squelch someone who challenges their power.

Huskynut
    Participant

@Carol – though that seems obvious to you or me, I doubt both organised power and the general public see it that way. It’s been remarkably depressing how frequently “lefties” have bought and recycled the rapist trope without any qualms. The sheep are being “protected” from danger in both cases.

@Know – I’ve been following the AE911 group for a while – their commitment is amazing, and the Uni of Alaska report is remarkably comprehensive. No wonder NIST are determined not to engage with it.

Related – a friend has been recycling the “conspiracy theory” trope at me, got me thinking. I believe that just as a paranoid tends to project their chaotic internal world onto the public world, and to universalise it, the same process is at work amongst the complacent middle class. Unless they’ve encountered serious trauma in some form, most middle class people have led sheltered, relatively happy lives. They tend to project those limited experiences onto the world, believe it is generally “good”, and discount the worst of human nature as “conspiracy theory”. This defense avoids having to confront the extent and depth of pain and depravity in the world. It ultimately becomes a habit such that political events are interpreted with maximum charity, and without joining the dots to see why they’re occurring or where they lead.
    Which refers back to the conversation here a few weeks back – processing reality is a thoroughly depressing business..

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Ilargi, we are still here. Regarding Assange, there is not much new to add. On weekends I wear my “Free Assange” t-shirt around the neighborhood as a very small act of resistance. It is largely symbolic — most people here have no idea who he is. What else can we do when democracy is dead, the politicians are not responsive to the people, and the court is a kangaroo court? Sometimes I think the best we can hope for Julian is that Trump loses the election and pardons him as an act of defiance against the deep state. But I am not holding my breath on that because Trump is not a man of principle. If he was, Julian would have already been pardoned.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

From an ethical perspective, infringement on our rights to fight covid seems to be different from the infringement of rights being imposed on Assange.

Agreed. But the problem again is that we no longer live in a democracy, Politicians are not responsive to the people, so there is no meaningful debate, no nuance, no compromise, no accountability, no proportionality, no commitment to making decisions that make sense. Decisions are made by lobbyists who are guided by their own agendas.

So rather than revisit all infringements to our liberties to see if they make sense under the circumstances, we are left with two camps — one camp that always opposes any regulation (and is ineffective because it is so inflexible) and one that accepts whatever the lobbyists decide. So we never have a chance to revisit monstrosities like the Patriot Act. It is not on any politician’s agenda. Which makes every infringement on liberties seem to some like a black and white war of attrition.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.