Everything Better Is Purchased At The Price Of Something Worse

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Everything Better Is Purchased At The Price Of Something Worse

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Illinois Central Railroad Yard 1942 I though I’d start off 2014 on a philosophical note, with something that I hope perhaps people will re
    [See the full post at: Everything Better Is Purchased At The Price Of Something Worse]

Gravity
    Participant

Gravity is a repentant algorithm.

Incidentally, I recently downloaded Jung’s collected works, and began reading ‘Man and his Symbols’, said to be his most accessible work. I appreciate his work on interpreting dream symbology, and the collective unconscious is indeed a profound concept, relating to moral memory and cognitive syntax. I’ve revalued psychology as a key part of philosophy rather than as exact science. Describing the psychological and mystical mechanisms of the subconscious mind should be indispensable for understanding the dominant irrationality of economic behavior, but perhaps at a cost of systematizing the process of imagination.

I wasn’t aware of Nietzsches concept of the ‘spirit of gravity’, I suppose this interprets societal gravity solely as a coercive force antithetical to moral volition instead of a medium infinitely conductive to moral volition. It can be both, if not both at once. Free will by mathematical volition can only propagate timelike in a gravitational field, yet any structural oppression of the will is also to be found there.

Happy new year to all.

SteveB
    Participant

“the ephemeral conditions of the present”

Of course, our ancestors had ephemeral conditions as well. I wonder to what extent those conditions involved money-think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.