Let’s (Not) Make a Deal

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Let’s (Not) Make a Deal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

James McNeill Whistler Nocturne in Black and Gold, the Falling Rocket 1875     Dr. D again. And wait, that deal was never even -legally- sig
    [See the full post at: Let’s (Not) Make a Deal]

zerosum
    Participant

Its called bullying!
    The USA is doing its bullying because everyone allows it.
    Everyone is afraid to be the next victim.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Treaty or no treaty isn’t the point; Trump has secured that the U.S.’s word cannot be trusted.
    There were five other countries putting their word on the line also.
    The other disturbing developement is, from one administration to the next there is alarmingly, no continuity; how does one carry out foreign policy in lieu of that?
    Simple answer is; one can’t.
    What is going on in the U.S. under Trump is a clown show; an evil, homicidal, clown show…

Question is: how is that different from what was going on before Trump?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer
    Aside from the very bad drama and blatent lies; not much difference at all; except for the theatrics in Trumpland.
    I’ve seen, for the first time I can remember, some serious doubts re: the U.S.’s foreign policy, on the part of the EU member countries.
    Openly questioning their relationship to the U.S..
    Dare I say, whiffs of rebellion/independence?

Well, nothing holy about the EU, is there? Why try to please them? Just another bunch of sociopaths. And the US foreign policy was due for a redo anyway, though that is hard to accept. But the advances in weapons systems simply mean ever more unwinnable wars. And therefore a world breaking up into several unconquerable areas. Which will be forced to find ways to work together.

Dr. D
    Participant

My God, I should hope so. The U.S. has broken every treaty they ever made, ask any Indian. If only Europe would break from the U.S., Europe, the U.S. and the whole world would be better off. That may indeed be the point. We’re cutting back to our borders, they’re on their own, they need to get the massage post-haste, and they’re not getting it.

However, the key here is “no continuity from one administration to the next”. And with a Treaty, there is and must be. That’s why they’re hard to make! They’re very serious and hard to break. If you want your continuity, then get the votes and pass one. It ain’t Trump’s fault Obama was a lazy sot who didn’t bother (or couldn’t because what was in it — a thing we still can’t read). That’s a surprise to exactly no one. Congress SAID THEY WOULD DO THIS. They went to Iran and TOLD THE IRANIANS. That means France, Germany, all 195 nations know. So if it was never legal and no surprise, who’s offended except CNN? Certainly not John Kerry, he (allegedly) doesn’t know what’s in it.

If I let you use my lawn mower, then want it back, is it yours? It’s not yours until you sign a contract. That’s not a reversal — the event never happened in the first place, and Iran knew it, Congress knew it, the French knew it and the Germans knew it. They all played a big game of let’s pretend while we siphon off what is reported to be $300B into unmarked, unnamed agencies.

Just another case of everything reported being false, and it makes it really hard to follow what’s going on when everything reported is a lie.

P.S. what kickback did Flint, Michigan get in this deal? A: Zero. $200M would have given then 100% new water and they got nothing. For $300B, 1,500 other collapsing cities got the same treatment. I’m one of them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.