Quantum, Jazz and Dada – 3

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Quantum, Jazz and Dada – 3

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Max Ernst Ubu Imperator 1923     Ilargi: This is part 3 of Alexander Aston’s view of how upheaval and collapse can lead to new insights, new
    [See the full post at: Quantum, Jazz and Dada – 3]

zerosum
    Participant

IMAGINE
    imagine ….

Life can continue without humans.
    Life can continue where there is liquid water in the universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

V. Arnold
    Participant

My goodness, what a read, what a ride.
    Aston’s taken us right to the edge of…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Forgot to add; thanks Ilargi; for that great read, appreciate it very much.

Dr. D
    Participant

Sort of an ad hominins argument…

The primary thing I see here is that expensive infrastructure is created to reinforce the energy flows and mindset, and yet that infrastructure cannot be abandoned for both practical and psychological reasons. It is for this reason that such structures collapse, defending the fort that protects nothing, then disappearing into the forest, as here in the New World. However, so long as any of that infrastructure is operational, it can destroy nearby non-infrastructure systems at will. You are not going to retreat into eco-farms because the Vikings will follow you so long as you have a cup of barley and an ounce of copper, just as they do now. Then with what will you build and eat?

“The nature of sustainability will not be interchangeable across the globe.” This is one of the major obstacles, even to presenting deep, practical ideas that I, among many, have. Buy-in is scarce unless some pop star or authority says it’s cool, and in fact proven over all detractors over years of success culminating in a newspaper article. …Then they pretend it was always obvious and we were always at war with Estasia. From a local perspective, I cannot even be sure how far away the sustainable concepts are viable. Perhaps in my county, my biome, the whole temperate region? Perhaps only for myself? So considering the considerable complexity of describing even something simple, like soil growth and enrichment, which changes with each weather turn, each input and their ever-varying costs over years and seasons, I find it as difficult to present solutions as it is for a violinist to describe how to play a symphony. I dunno: Listen up and play well? I don’t know either: turn wheels, try stuff, and march towards black rich earth and biodiverse abundance by any immediate path? But those platitudes communicate nothing. Nor would encyclopedias of knowledge and concepts help you. If you aren’t doing the work yourself, you wouldn’t understand it, much less apply it, and so far as I can tell, no one either learns, nor tries, for the books are all widely advertised and available.

“This [Localization] also can function as a way of creating counter power.” This in particular has proven to be untrue. No one was more local, resilient, and requiring only small inputs than the Native Americans. However, the concentrated force of centralization always destroys disperse force, worldwide. Not just the lesson of the 20th c but of all 5,000 years. I would be extremely wary, as not only will it cut you off from the energy flows of the greater culture, but expect the center to steal, pillage, kill, and destroy all non-insiders, as indeed NYC and DC have done to the weaker and dispersed Deplorables for going on 50 years. Their localization, diversity, and smaller energy flows have indeed been a detriment to them, not an advantage.

The center can remain violent, irrational, and solvent far longer than you can stay alive, as centuries of empires attest. I can dream of them, but the wheel of history turns one way only, and is larger than my effects.

BrianF
    Participant

I actually found this a bit rambling. I think I get the point, but when I am reading articles like this which I see a lot here or on Zerohedge or similar places, I often jump to the end to see if there is a closing paragraph with a strong conclusion or suggested call to action. I felt this started out with a fun and creative direction but got tedious near the end.

The world needs a new peer to peer organizational structure which can outmanoeuvre the top down oligarchies currently using the internet and cellphones to monitor and control the masses. From everything I am seeing, the oligarchies are winning, but yeah, something new is needed. As I heard Raul say with Jim Kunstler on his podcast, things aren’t looking good for the human race if you project or extrapolate our last few millennia of tireless and voracious record of death and destruction. The current top down or hub and spoke control structure might drive us to extinction. If we are able to actually snap out of the stupor and see the crisis, the human ability to act coherently could overcome our amazing penchant for denial.

The key is for the new structure to self-emerge and simply leave behind the system which is literally killing everything on earth.

Dr. D
    Participant
    seychelles
    Participant

The key is for the new structure to self-emerge and simply leave behind the system which is literally killing everything on earth.

And this will happen, although only in a cyclically evolving sense and probably not in any way that our humble minds can accurately project, and not in any way in long time that our ability to manipulate the environment can decisively influence. Our greatest problems are our unrealistic utopian concepts of omnipotence and the rate at which the limits of our physical space and energy resources are being reached vs the rate at which human nature is capable of changing. We can mess with mother nature but in the long haul, she will have the upper hand, with or without us, as she always has.

seychelles
    Participant

Of all the things humans create, it is music that most closely resembles the reality of our universe, the dynamic symmetry of patterns in time. A tension between becoming and unbecoming shaping movement. Crescendo and dissolution, trough and peak.

This is a wonderful sentence, with which I can thoroughly identify. Being alone in a quiet environment and able to focus intently upon the music I love has always been my greatest joy in life, and intuitively the greatest of all sources of beauty and spirituality. The ultimate personal sanctuary.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Enlightening series. Thanks Ilargi! I’ll be chewing on that brain food for quite a while yet.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Extra credit:

Excellent. Chok-a-blok full of good stuff.
    Our mango’s, lemon tree, and 2 lime trees are all from “air rooting” a branch of the host tree.
    Our mulberry’s just needed to be cut and stuck in the ground. Our papaya’s are from collected non-gmo seeds we grew, same for our okra.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.