Site Navigation

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Help/FAQ Site Navigation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

OK, I have worked through both the Blog and Forum integration now, and there are some real problems with site navigation. For one, I have found it completely impossible to navigate back to a New Topic I made in the Lifeboat section on Hydroponics. I can’t find a way to toggle to the topic list, I just get sent back to the list of articles in the Lifeboat section of the Blog.

We are setting up a similar Blog/Forum integration on DD, and Navigation is Numero Uno for regular commenters (like ME!) You need to have some linkage on the Blog Homepage to get into the top level of the Forum and then filter down from there. Right now the only way in I see is to toggle from the articles, then follow the comments to “read more” at which point you get into the Forum layout, but that navigation is confused with the Blog navigation.

Anyhow, if you could make your navigation a little more straightforward I think this would help quite a bit. Right now far as I can tell, my Hydroponics Topic in Lifeboat is completely inaccessible to me, or really anyone else. We’ll help if we can, Peter is a wizard with this stuff. Also, any suggestions you guys have on improving site nav on DD would be welcome as well.

RE
    https://www.doomsteaddiner.org

jal
    Participant

Yes , I agree, I’m patient, I assume things will improve.

Is this what you are looking for?

Doomstead Diner Hydroponics
    Category: Life Boat| Topic started 2 days, 8 hours ago by Reverse Engineer

Its under recent topics.

Yup, that’s the one! Have you found any way to navigate there besides scrolling through the Recent Topics?

RE

bluebird
    Participant

At this time in the Lifeboat section, it shows up as the last comment posted by Reverse Engineer, and accessible.

Last Post: Re: Doomstead Diner Hydroponic …

Could it be the topic, while in the Lifeboat section, but is not in a category, so we can’t see it?

No, I think it is because the navigation is only showing the articles published in the Lifeboat section of the Blog, its not showing the Topics being discussed in the Lifeboat section of the Forum.

RE

ashvin
    Participant

Reverse Engineer post=771 wrote: OK, I have worked through both the Blog and Forum integration now, and there are some real problems with site navigation. For one, I have found it completely impossible to navigate back to a New Topic I made in the Lifeboat section on Hydroponics. I can’t find a way to toggle to the topic list, I just get sent back to the list of articles in the Lifeboat section of the Blog.

This issue has just been resolved – the intra-forum links should all work fine now.

Thanks Ashvin.

RE

Another suggestion.

Its still a 3 Click process through screens before you can get to the Forum. You first have to click an Article, then click Read More. There is no Button on TAE Homepage to take you directly to the Index page of the Forum. That would be helpful to have.

For myself, I just made a Bookmark to go straight to the Recent Topics screen.

RE

jal
    Participant

Since I also go to the comment page I missed the changed that were made to the front page.

I like it.

(I’ve also been missing out on “Daily Links” at the bottom of the front page.)
    🙁

jal
    Participant

Did I go into a alternate universe last night when I saw a NEW “front page” layout?

Its gone this morning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.