Treasury Direct / Credit Unions / Community Banks

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Open Comments Treasury Direct / Credit Unions / Community Banks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Hi All,

This is the question that never seems to get answered or, if it did, I wasn’t around to see it.

I’m very confident the banking / CU system is going to implode at some point in the future. I’m not one for making time predictions – so you have to go elsewhere to assuage that desire for delusion.

Even though I have little information as to when, I’m real certain it is going to happen at some point.

TAE’s advice is to keep cash on hand, but not too much b/c cash on hand is risky. The risk aversion money, says TAE, should be in short term treasuries via Treasury Direct (TD).

I’ve done my own analysis and I’m in agreement so far.

What I don’t grasp right now, though, is how liquid that Treasury Direct money will be when the banks are limiting withdrawals or busted. After all, you need to link TD to your credit union (CU) or community bank.

If they are limiting withdrawals or completely bust, how is that going to impact linked TD accounts?

Anyone sharing insight is appreciated.

TIA…

bluebird
    Participant

You could link the Treasury Direct account to a 2nd CU or bank. I don’t think you can do this online, but I have read it is done via paperwork using snailmail.

Or divide your savings among several banks and credit unions. If withdrawals are limited to a few hundred dollars from a financial institution, then having a combo of several credit unions/banks, you are able to withdraw additional money.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.