Trump Is America’s National Piñata

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Trump Is America’s National Piñata

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mestre da Família Artés The Last Judgment and the Mass of Saint Gregory 1500-1520   It’s been quite a while since I first wrote that I resented t
    [See the full post at: Trump Is America’s National Piñata]

zerosum
    Participant

Yep! Piñata

We are all being used and manipulated by the media, the rich, the vultures and the predators.

rapier
    Participant

Cripes. What next? Goldstein really is the great enemy? Yea, that’s it. Give it a try, Gotta do something to keep those few dollars flowing in. You and JHK have really staked out a pathetic spot here on the interwebs. As if the NY Times means a thing.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Yes. Trump bashing makes money. Just as legalized sports betting is spreading across the USA, anything that enriches the wealthy and impoverishes everyone else is a priority for the ruling class. Donald Trump provides diversions from this reality. Finally, media moguls are globalists. They rule the supranational economic institutions that organize world trade. Trump threatens this with his tariffs. They have to go after him. If anything, that he is still President, shows the residual strength of democracy in its twilight hours.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Great metaphor, Piñata.
    The only U.S. news I get is TRNN. I quit the Guardian years ago.
    So, as a result I’m spared all of the MSM propaganda.
    My news now comes out of Russia, Iran, and/or, from writers who’ve hung on to their integrity.
    Escobar, Crooke, Pilger, Hedges, Giraldi, Zuess, Ilargi, Kunstler, Hudson, Black, Keen, to name just a few.
    It helps that I haven’t possessed a tv since 1994…

Dr. D
    Participant

“Obama was killing them financially. “

Whyso? They could have said non-stop negative things about him, and the Right would have eaten it up. Ratings go through the roof, and there was plenty of material: drone strikes, killing whistleblowers, starting 15 wars, etc.

But they didn’t. They were 100% on board even though it was crippling their profits, and actually against journalism, where you’re supposed to dish (real) dirt on politicos. Now why is that?

Now, they may be holding short-term clicks but at the expense of long-term existence, as the whole nation seems to be distancing themselves from the legacy media, with only a remaining fringe attached, largely because they are still against journalism, refuse to report, or only with a slant, and can’t be trusted. Yet they are happy to fall on their swords, again. Why?

CNN is now every day smaller than reruns of Yogi Bear, smaller than any handful of off-beat, non-news bloggers like Mark Dice or such. And every time their business, their advertisers shrink, they suddenly discover they need to attack the competition and “help”, fight “fake news.” You know, last year by “de-monetizing” and therefore moving the half of advertisers that hadn’t run away to their friends and away from their enemies. This year by taking Jones, who is now measurably, easily larger (and more trusted, er…) than CNN and erasing them from the internet, erasing the competition in a ruthless, uncompetitive fashion Jay Gould or John D. Rockerfeller would be proud of (“Competition is a Sin”). As ad revenue keeps shrinking and their own censorship keeps driving click to the competition, this week they (illegally, as in anti-competitive collusion against the Trust Act) drove Gab.com off the internet, by cutting off their PayPal (owned by eBay) and also their server cloud because somebody used them. Calling Ford Motor Company! The 2017 Saipov truck attack in NYC used a Ford. Therefore, we need to shut down Ford Motors worldwide, cut their banking lines and erase them from the internet, along with all existing Ford owners, who are obviously terrorists too. Of course I’m a coincidence theorist and the erasing of Twitter’s competition by stopping both banking AND servers within minutes of each other is a complete coincidence. Just like last month’s purge of 1,000 people who were eating into corporate profits got purged by Twitter AND YouTube AND Facebook within hours of each other was also a complete coincidence.

It would seem without popular users, who draw followers in the millions and their yummy clicks, the companies might(?) make less profits, yet they’re happy to destroy both profit and their whole business model, AND get sued by users AND risk Federal regulation and anti-trust cases, in order to…get smaller, with fewer, highly annoyed users, less cool factor, and have to desperately steal the flagging remaining revenue by rallying the wagons and shooting the non-insiders?

Correct me here, but I’m suspecting the profit motive is not what’s driving CNN, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.

And if that isn’t their motive, then by their own actions, what is? What’s more important than money, more important than even the continued existence of their collectively multi-trillion corporations? What are they falling on their swords, committing financial suicide for? Interesting question, no?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Power of course.
    What else is there for the truly ignorant?

palloy
    Participant

> When is the last time they complimented him, other than perhaps when American rockets landed in some remote and deserted Syrian sandbox?

They were certainly quiet when Trump wanted to strike Syria (Hersh reported that the military knew the chemical weapons attacks weren’t Assad’s, and told him). Same goes for all the attack rhetoric against Russia, China, Iran, North Korea. Do Democrats want WW3 as much as Hillary? Xi certainly thinks so with his “prepare for war” speech “leaked” to the public this week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.