We're Not Gonna ____ It

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum TAE Blog Finance We're Not Gonna ____ It

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wp_admin
    Keymaster

[article]266[/article]

Golden Oxen
    Participant

Just about every picture I look at of a protest now contains pictures of so called police bashing people or gassing them. What a transformation has taken place in our country. Lets start calling them what they are, hired goons, taking orders from the military and Feds, paid mercenaries to protect TPTB at our expense. Police is not the proper word anymore for this group of skull crackers.

4000 is a pretty small turnout. Clearly FSofA Sheeple aren’t hungry enough yet.

RE

Glennda
    Participant

Only 40 – 65 people arrested? Jeeze, Oakland had more than 400 kettled and arrested on Jan. 28 with injuries no one bothered to mention.

I was on the Medic response texting line on May 1 and there were at least 2 head injuries when only about 15 targeted people total were arrested.

Still 3 – 6 thousand demonstrators is not really small. What I notice the most though is that, people are not really angry enough for really big demonstrations like the ones last fall where we were all so angry at the Banksters. This was just a symbolic demo.

When we start to bail out Businesses like Exxon/Mobile that are banking on economies of spread as they gobble up more and more diverse kinds of business, then the S… will really Hit The Fan and people will pour out onto the streets.

seychelles
    Participant

In a few years, we will probably see (if there is still a free internet) old people in wheelchairs getting their heads bashed in (by our Fullerton PD
    wannabees/WOT legionnaires) while protesting the confiscation of their pensions and SS payments. Bigger protests are coming but the ultimate trigger is not yet clear.

agelbert

There may be a lot of money to be STOLEN or DEFRAUDED or COERCED from the people in NATO countries but there actually isn’t a PENNY to be “made” out of the war profiteering scam in Afghanistan. The countries involved, especially the corporate front called the US government, is so far in debt that our fiat la-la-land money is losing credibility.
    Don’t worry about Afghanistan and its’ people. They’ll be there long after we are gone. I had the misfortune to spend a little less than a year in the USMA at West Point as a cadet many years ago. I was taught military strategy. The bottom line to land warfare is NOT taking the terrain; it is controlling it after you take it. THAT makes a war effort cost effective or ruinous depending on many factors. The MAIN factor is physical terrain. A relatively flat area, regardless of weather, is easy to control and rape for corporate spoils. Mountainous terrain, cold weather areas being the most difficult, are never cost effective. Even tropical mountainous areas are a nightmare for armies to control for corporate exploitation. I give you Switzerland versus Austria (yes Austria has some high mountains BUT the population lives in the valleys and a large part of the country is not mountainous). Lebensraum would have included Switzerland if it would have been easy. Annexing Austria was easy.You don’t really believe the Swiss are just too powerful to be invaded, do you? How about New Guinea? The Japanese could never subdue this tropical and extremely mountainous island despite the lack of cold weather. The people there even now live relatively free lives (in the interior) growing and exporting their coffee from mountain airstrips.

You cannot EVER control Afghanistan, no matter how many drones , robots and troops you throw at it. It’s OVER there for NATO because ALL the NATO countries cannot squeeze more money out of their people due to the economic crisis enveloping them. And forget the police state tactics at home to force us to fund the war(s). No jobs = no money to be robbed, period.
    I give it a year at the most. Always remember that, unless a country is attacked, every penny of swag going to war ‘profiteering’ (profit for a tiny group of psychopaths) is discretionary. Even the current effort to buy enough corrupt bastards in Afghanistan in order to allow ‘profitable’ exploitation of the drug and mineral resources is doomed to failure because the Russians and the Chinese are doing to us what we did to the Russians back in the 1980s. The Russians learned their lesson and the Chinese are funding businesses where the Afghanis are in control. They aren’t using the imperialist mafia model (demanding a huge percentage of the ‘take’ so as to control Afghanis through debt) and the Adghanis understand that.

The PR and flag waving bullshit will continue of course, but the fact is that it’s all over but the troop transport aircraft schedule.

Karpatok
    Participant

I feel very much like Ashvin in regard to the protesters, and guilty that I cannot be more supportive of their effort since they are the only ones actually bearing the brunt of resistance rather than gabbing from the sidelines. Not to mention some of the SOBs, such as Ross over on DD, still investing in the system in the worst way while talking out of his ASS.And that would include GO as well, who slithers around in his hypocritical remarks and then takes another lick you know where.

Karpatok
    Participant

@ Agelbert:Your post certainly makes a lot of sense. Would you please for my sake address the same strategies as pertaining to the Carpathians in Romania? Thank you.

ashvin
    Participant

agelbert wrote: You cannot EVER control Afghanistan, no matter how many drones , robots and troops you throw at it. It’s OVER there for NATO because ALL the NATO countries cannot squeeze more money out of their people due to the economic crisis enveloping them. And forget the police state tactics at home to force us to fund the war(s). No jobs = no money to be robbed, period.

I give it a year at the most. Always remember that, unless a country is attacked, every penny of swag going to war ‘profiteering’ (profit for a tiny group of psychopaths) is discretionary.

No doubt the efforts of the elites who control NATO are far from sustainable, and there is a good chance they will fail in conquering Eurasia (mostly due to the energy requirements needed to secure the territory and energy resources). However, I am not as optimistic as you about fiscal constraints in the US and Europe forcing them to abandon the effort near-term. In fact, I do not think they will ever voluntarily cease their war efforts, no matter how much their populations have been bled dry. If they were to do that, they may as well kiss their [centuries in the making] globalist agenda goodbye, and I highly doubt that’s something they would be willing to do.

Meanwhile, the war profiteers will still make a killing on the “war on terror”, no matter how ineffective it is at its stated goals or how expensive it becomes for taxpayers. Also, who’s to say that we won’t be attacked? Many people still believe that we were attacked by [pick your country in the Arab world] on 9/11, and there is a lot of evidence that it was a false flag. If they did it once, they could do it again.

gylangirl

This is not the generation that will take up that rock anthem. It is too early. What Americans have right now is a co-opted two party majority with only a small ignored minority of protesters outside of that group.

Any anti-authoritarian protest they attempt will be quickly repressed because there is no widespread public support for it as most Amerians are cluelessly getting their respective partisan propaganda information from mainstream media.

Standards of living will predictably drop and abuse of state power will get worse. Give it a couple more generations. By then there will not be any more impotent poorly attended protests. Instead there will be another Revolution/Civil War.

Golden Oxen
    Participant

@Karpatok Sorry Option Writer, glad you finally got religion. Your new found love of humanity and attempt at goodness shows up clearly in your current prose.

Karpatok
    Participant

To Golden Oxen: For your information this is NOT a new found love of humanity. I can say with clarity that I have always been concerned as to the effects of my actions on others unlike people like you and Ross.

ashvin post=3056 wrote: [quote=agelbert]You cannot EVER control Afghanistan, no matter how many drones , robots and troops you throw at it. It’s OVER there for NATO because ALL the NATO countries cannot squeeze more money out of their people due to the economic crisis enveloping them. And forget the police state tactics at home to force us to fund the war(s). No jobs = no money to be robbed, period.

I give it a year at the most. Always remember that, unless a country is attacked, every penny of swag going to war ‘profiteering’ (profit for a tiny group of psychopaths) is discretionary.

No doubt the efforts of the elites who control NATO are far from sustainable, and there is a good chance they will fail in conquering Eurasia (mostly due to the energy requirements needed to secure the territory and energy resources). However, I am not as optimistic as you about fiscal constraints in the US and Europe forcing them to abandon the effort near-term. In fact, I do not think they will ever voluntarily cease their war efforts, no matter how much their populations have been bled dry. If they were to do that, they may as well kiss their [centuries in the making] globalist agenda goodbye, and I highly doubt that’s something they would be willing to do.

Meanwhile, the war profiteers will still make a killing on the “war on terror”, no matter how ineffective it is at its stated goals or how expensive it becomes for taxpayers. Also, who’s to say that we won’t be attacked? Many people still believe that we were attacked by [pick your country in the Arab world] on 9/11, and there is a lot of evidence that it was a false flag. If they did it once, they could do it again.

The War on Terror is coming to a close, to be replaced by a more explicitly Hot War for the Resources in MENA. This is the reason for the prepositioning of so many military assets around the region.

The issue with the Hot War once it gets into full swing is that its going to pull in both the Ruskies and the Chinese, and once that happens, a lot of Big Hardware will be destroyed very rapidly. Not necessarily with Nukes, though some Tactical Nukes may be dispatched.

Mainly I think the battle will be one of Cruise Missiles taking out Refineries and Pipelines and Oil Rigs and VLCC Tankers, all of which are Sitting Ducks. Cruise Missile technology out flanks all the prior technologies, like Tanks out flanked the Maginot Line. Nobody from either side will be able to move many troops, because again Troop carrying ships are all ALSO sitting ducks.

The Main Battlefield is MENA, but this doesn’t mean the Cruise Missile War won’t hit the shores of the FSofA. A cruise missile could be launched from a Submarine and the Chinese will say it was a rogue North Korean Sub that did it. Said Missile(s) could take out the LOOP in short order. No LOOP, no offload for VLCC Tankers to the Refineries in NOLA and Houston.

IMHO, once this sucker really gets going, the main choke points of the Industrial Infrastructure will be RAPIDLY taken out. After that, it will be almost impossible to fuel the Military Machine itself.

I give the War 5 years MAX before all the Carrier Groups are at the bottom of Davey Jones Locker, and we won’t be rebuilding them either because there will be no way to Fuel them.

Civil Wars following that, with possible Mad Max scenarios as well. I don’t think the End Game will be purely Economic. It will go to full scale war here, a War which cannot be Won by any side at all.

RE

agelbert

@Karpatok in regard to the Carpathian mountains.
    Here’s the greatest problem with the control of mountainous territory. Human soldiers, despite modern technology, are limited by the physics of ballistic trajectories in bullets. When you shoot horizontally, as in flat terrain warfare or policing conquered territory, the gunsite, if you have one, can be counted on for accuracy as to bullet shot groups. Them moment you have to change the angle up or down, the accuracy goes to hell. A bullet going upwards has a continuous ‘drop derivative’ (as in graphical calculus) which is different for every slight angle change. Shooting downhill is just as problematic for accuracy. Couple that with the ability of the locals to scope out your position routinely without drones or anything more high tech than a pair of binoculars and the invading army remains continuously at a disadvantage. The drain in resources in mega firepower and aerial platforms just to keep from getting overrun (forget controlling a large amount of territory) is massive and demoralizing. That’s one of the reasons that mainly the US but also the rest of NATO has resorted to nazi terror tactics out of shear frustration. They can’t ‘pacify’ the place so they terrorize it.
    It still won’t work.

In addition to the above, mountains have lots of good hiding places. Every change in elevation is a new ball game the invading army has to deal with.

As for the other argument made here that the NATO countries will continue to fund this imperialism no matter what, I give you the fact that the Baltic Dry Index began tanking severelyin January. The last time that happened was about 9 months before the 2008 debacle.This time, it’s much worse because our debt has almost doubled since 2008. I don’t think the funny money trick is going to work this time around.

Karpatok
    Participant

@Agelbert: Thank you so much. That was somewhat what I had thought.The people there survived the Mongols, Huns, Tatars etc. and as Kaffka wrote about the great wall of China so far from the capitol, so I found the people,Romanian,Hungarian and Roma under Cseaucescu at the end of communism to be carrying on their lives, planting and harvesting, hiding their stores and animals, making music and dancing, and generally practising the same traditions they had had for close to two thousand years. Don’t let them tell you the Romanians were not there all that time,but they were, and they survived the Austro-Hungarian empire as well. Thats where I’ll go if I can get out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.