What Comes After McCabe?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum What Comes After McCabe?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Johannes Vermeer The art of painting 1666-8   Andrew McCabe, former Deputy Director from February 2016 to January 2018 and former Acting Director
    [See the full post at: What Comes After McCabe?]

Oh man, that Vermeer may very well be my favorite painting ever. To think that 350 years ago someone had the knowledge to make the right colors (not an obvious thing in those days), and then sit down for numerous long sessions to put those blues and those shadows and that lovely girl’s face on the canvas.

Click on the painting, then click on its thumbnail on the page, and click twice again to get a supersize version.

So where do I go from here?

zerosum
    Participant

“…. Lindsey Graham wants ….”
    anything that will be detrimental to Trump and the hell with any and all the collateral damages.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Thanks for that Vermeer. It gets some attention in this video:

Doc Robinson
    Participant

I tried to post the link but it automatically embedded the video. To see the full screen on a PC, I suggest right-clicking the video’s start arrow to “Copy Video URL”, then paste it to another window or tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkAvYhgW8c

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’d have to agree; that Vermeer is quite a study.
    Truly stunning on so many levels; colors, detail (I found the floor tiles just amazing), style, and just sheer mastery in portraying what his own eyes behold…
    A photograph would pale in comparison.

Dr. D
    Participant

Ignoring the article because, who cares if nobody’s going to do anything? — I’ve been watching each Vermeer are the exact same place: the corner of the tiled room by the high window and the heavy table. The corner of his world. And a whole story there of a young maid, wooed by a buccaneer who goes off to seek his fortune, or perhaps the creator of this drama and the artist’s role.

One of the things NOT done with a camera obscura, reaching a whole new level of artistry, but also sensitivity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.