Angela Merkel is Playing You For Fools

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Angela Merkel is Playing You For Fools

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Picture Angela Merkel Upside Down by ciscaix for FreakingNews.com Oh come on, leave the girl alone already. First off, all those people talking
    [See the full post at: Angela Merkel is Playing You For Fools]

jal
    Participant

I’m just an observer looking in.

===
    Taking on trillions of euros in additional debt from Italy and Spain, however, would risk making that hit much harder. So why would Angela go that route? It makes little sense.
    There is perhaps one caveat: German banks. But they would be hit no matter what happens. And both they themselves, and Merkel, have now had quite a bit of time to prepare for all possible outcomes. If Angela Merkel is half as smart as she appears to be, she’s ready for about all of them.

I would think that the Italian debts and the Spanish debts are already on the books of the German banks.

None of the banking system will survive in its presence form.
    There will be deflation and Merkel will not be able to put it off or protect the German banking system.

bmusic

I’m starting to think it would be a good time for Germany to make their exit and force the beggars’ hand. That seems to be almost what Ilargi is suggesting.

pikipikipoet

Exactly. On the money Ilargi.

skipbreakfast
    Participant

Ilargi’s article should be widely read. I suspect it will be. It cuts through so much of the fog on the subject, clarifying the truth without trivializing the complexity of it.

It does remind me of a poker game (yet again). Having not played so much poker, and certainly never with any significant stakes, it makes me wonder what the players do when, at 3 am, one player (Germany) has won all the chips. Of course the rest of the players have no choice but to try to coax the game on longer, hoping to win something back. But the player with all the chips knows this is a very good time to go home–politely of course, because there’s probably a gun under the table somewhere. So who gets to call the end of the game?

AndrewP

If Germany were out of the Eurozone, the rest of them would just print, print, print Euros to infinity and beyond. The Euro would become a Drachma, but its banks would be saved

Nassim
    Participant

Makes sense. It also makes all these French, Italian, Spanish and Greek politicians look omnipotent. Looks like a win-win all round. 🙂

The difficult part must be for her to keep a straight face and to keep cool when she is being shouted at in her own Bundesrat. I expect Bismarck had similar problems early on in his career.

m111ark

It helps, at least for me, to have the end goal in mind when trying to understand the machinations that take place the world over.

As I see it; the U.S. is being eviscerated so that the worlds new policeman, China, will have no opposition when it assumes it’s new role as the world’s only super-power. As the de-facto model of “democracy” on view for the world, our model MUST be DE-legitimized as a form of government. No self-respecting Oligarch wants competition, anywhere, and China’s form of complete control looks just right to said Oligarch. The banksters are on board as they see Asia as the next host for their vampire squids, it is after all, the only place left that can still borrow new money into existence.

Europe, long dead, is being sold off, or set up to be sold off at fire sale prices to the new kings of finance – the Asians. What we see daily is the red herring, the straw man, the stuff that’s supposed to blind you to what’s really going on. It’s the stuff you have to dig for that’s important, if you read it in a convenient, conventional place, it’s merely propaganda.

A thousand years of turmoil, but what’s a 1000 compared to a history of a million.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

AndrewP post=4019 wrote: If Germany were out of the Eurozone, the rest of them would just print, print, print Euros to infinity and beyond. The Euro would become a Drachma, but its banks would be saved

But I don’t see how this will “save the banks.”

If you think so, please explain how this will “save the banks.”

The more detail, the better..

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

m111ark post=4025 wrote: It helps, at least for me, to have the end goal in mind when trying to understand the machinations that take place the world over.

As I see it; the U.S. is being eviscerated so that the worlds new policeman, China, will have no opposition when it assumes it’s new role as the world’s only super-power. As the de-facto model of “democracy” on view for the world, our model MUST be DE-legitimized as a form of government. No self-respecting Oligarch wants competition, anywhere, and China’s form of complete control looks just right to said Oligarch. The banksters are on board as they see Asia as the next host for their vampire squids, it is after all, the only place left that can still borrow new money into existence.

Europe, long dead, is being sold off, or set up to be sold off at fire sale prices to the new kings of finance – the Asians. What we see daily is the red herring, the straw man, the stuff that’s supposed to blind you to what’s really going on. It’s the stuff you have to dig for that’s important, if you read it in a convenient, conventional place, it’s merely propaganda.

A thousand years of turmoil, but what’s a 1000 compared to a history of a million.

M111ark, I don’t think that the Western oligarchs are going work out of authoritarian China.

They like the authoritarianism, but they want to wield it 100%, not through some kind of authoritarian proxy.

IOW, I think China likely gets stabbed in the back as the Western oligarchs try to continue to rule out of the West.

It’s just my best guess, though.

m111ark

Well, Trivium, in the long term, I believe your right… banksters only share as long as they have to, until they’ve consolidated their power, as they have in Europe and the U.S. They’ll use the military and financial power of China as they have used it on US, they’re vampires, it is their way… like the scorpion they’ll kill their host – eventually – and then the new way begins.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.