Debt Rattle Apr 24 2014: When Does Government Policy Become Criminal Behavior?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Apr 24 2014: When Does Government Policy Become Criminal Behavior?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Unknown The Peninsula, Virginia, Lt. George A. Custer with dog 1862 That’s always a hard question to answer. At what point does government policy beco
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Apr 24 2014: When Does Government Policy Become Criminal Behavior?]

Professorlocknload
    Participant

“GET OUT! You’re not all going to be among the 1% of people who beat the markets.”

Certainly, there is going to be no “rotation.” The Central Bank manufactured electronic money in these schemes will simply vanish. Or, put another way, do not play games for money that you don’t fully understand, unless,of course, you are a gambler.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

When does government policy become criminal behavior? That’s easy. Government is a criminal enterprise, so all its behaviors are criminal by definition. Maybe a better question would be, “When is government policy not criminal behavior?” I cannot think of a single example.

But for those of you who highly esteem colossal, boondoggle projects that ordinary citizens would never “finance” on their own, as for example global cloud seeding efforts (a.k.a. chemtrails) to block sunlight from solar collectors and green plants, here is the answer to Ilargi’s question, but with the PRESUMPTION that something – – cough – – anything – – cough – – about government might actually be legitimate.

Government policy becomes criminal behavior when any of these things happen:

1. Taxes are extorted
    2. Speech or writing are regulated
    3. Race plays a role in government policies
    4. Laws are written to infringe on the tools used in self-defense
    5. Theft of private property is justified with euphemisms like “civil asset forfeiture”
    6. Central banks provide the nation’s money – – at interest
    7. Borders are patrolled (not possible to have open borders AND a welfare state)
    8. Torture is deemed acceptable (when performed by government employees)
    9. The ingestion of mind-altering substances is made punishable
    10. “Peace officers” are vindicated for extreme brutality and murder

That’s a start, but I’m sure somebody could assemble a Master’s Thesis on the subject, a document with tens of thousands of similar red flags. Awareness of such a document might inspire a reduction in government instead of just complaints about it, but of course, that’s unlikely until Hell freezes over. Or maybe until the Great Lakes fail to thaw some summer and we realize carbon dioxide levels are rising because all the green plants are dead (see cloud seeding example, above).

People might indeed be losing faith in their governments, but government has always been, and will always be, the most powerful religion. If you need a reminder, just look at how religions regard heretics (including sinners).

11. Heretics (including whistleblowers and protesters) are marginalized, fined, imprisoned, brutalized or executed.

Gosh, that reply got a little long-winded. Sorry, what was the question again? C’mon, are you kidding?

Raleigh
    Participant

Re blatant lies:

“Indeed, in my four-plus decades in journalism, I have never seen a more thoroughly biased and misleading performance by the major U.S. news media. Even during the days of Ronald Reagan – when much of the government’s modern propaganda structure was created – there was more independence in major news outlets. There were media stampedes off the reality cliff during George H.W. Bush’s Persian Gulf War and George W. Bush’s Iraq War, both of which were marked by demonstrably false claims that were readily swallowed by the big U.S. news outlets.

But there is something utterly Orwellian in the current coverage of the Ukraine crisis, including accusing others of “propaganda” when their accounts – though surely not perfect – are much more honest and more accurate than what the U.S. press corps has been producing.”

https://smirkingchimp.com/thread/robert-parry/55402/ukraine-through-the-us-looking-glass

Here’s a guy that’s seen a real change in the level of lies your country and its mouthpieces tell you.

Raleigh
    Participant

Good advice re using cash. I’ve been using it more lately, but I’ll kick it up a notch.

Poor water supply company in China, getting blamed for the bad water by the government. Hello, anybody in there? The water company didn’t purposely poison the water! It’s been the Chinese government that’s allowed this contamination to happen.

Re Putin – is he the next Saddam Hussein or Gadhafi? They’re just laying for that guy, wanting him to get angry. That way they’ll be able to legitimately move against him. Hard thing to do, keep your mouth shut until you need to speak.

Government policy becomes criminal behavior as soon as they start favoring one group over another. They need to be gathered up, all of them, and offshored. They no longer act for the good of their country, but for themselves. Of course, it’s probably always been that way. Charles Hugh Smith says the 60’s and 70’s were an anomaly. He’s probably right; shortage of labor or something.

Under the guise of “we need more people to pay for Social Security,” governments make sure wages stay low by bringing in more people (if they can’t offshore the jobs). Supply and demand doesn’t ever get a chance to assert itself to benefit workers, but it sure does in everything else.

From manipulated CPI to GDP to the lies we’re continually being told, what’s not criminal?

rapier
    Participant

When the NY Times announced on Sunday that Obama would or could no longer work with Putin and intended to make Russia a pariah nation I expected an explosion in the blogosphere, left right and center. Instead, zilch. Even on what passes for the left here it isn’t even on the radar.

Was this all a joke only i am taking seriously? I am literal minded to a pathological degree I admit.

The currency and energy wars, if they come become hot, will be declared or stumbled into and fought for other announced reasons. As were Iraq, Syria and now Ukraine.

Raleigh
    Participant

rapier – and add Libya to your list. I didn’t see the article you mention, but the situation is certainly on my radar.

“The United States is in the opening phase of a war on Russia. Policymakers in Washington have shifted their attention from the Middle East to Eurasia where they hope to achieve the most ambitious part of the imperial project; to establish forward-operating bases along Russia’s western flank, to stop further economic integration between Asia and Europe, and to begin the long-sought goal of dismembering the Russian Federation. These are the objectives of the current policy. […]

The pattern, of course, is unmistakable. It begins with sanctimonious finger-wagging, economic sanctions and incendiary rhetoric, and quickly escalates into stealth bombings, drone attacks, massive destruction of civilian infrastructure, millions of fleeing refugees, decimated towns and cities, death squads, wholesale human carnage, vast environmental devastation, and the steady slide into failed state anarchy; all of which is accompanied by the stale repetition of state propaganda spewed from every corporate bullhorn in the western media.

Isn’t that how things played out in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria?

Indeed, it did. And now it’s on to Moscow. Putin’s survival and that of the Russian Federation depends to large extent to his ability to grasp the new reality quickly and to adapt accordingly. If he decides to ignore the warning signs hoping that Washington can be appeased…..So the first priority is simply to accept the fact that the war has begun. All future policy decisions should derive from that basic understanding.”

https://www.opednews.com/articles/Putin-s-Dilemma-Fending-O-by-Mike-Whitney-Propaganda_Putin_Restraint_Russia-140423-333.html

Read the article. I think the guy has got it about right. I’ve already blasted off an angry email to my lame leader, telling him to back away from what’s happening in the Ukraine. I’ll probably be on some terrorist list now.

This could get serious. If they push Putin – and they clearly want him to react – they’ll go after him and he’ll respond.

Raleigh
    Participant

Here’s another journalist going after the New York Times, Michael R. Gordon, for a piece they ran on Monday. They ran a page-one piece on Monday, but backed down with a page-nine piece today (which of course no one sees); no apology. He gives a rather humorous take on Biden and Kerry, then says:

“…this deception and clumsy disinformation would all be laughable, except that what these lying thugs in Washington and in America’s newsrooms are doing is trying to prep Americans for military action in Ukraine…”

Taking the Low Road to War

Craig Morris
    Participant

“Government is a criminal enterprise”

Wikipedia says: The word crime is derived from the Latin root cernō, meaning “I decide, I give judgment”.

The decider is by definition a criminal. Why am I not surprised.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.