Debt Rattle April 16 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 16 2015

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

NPC Sidney Lust Leader Theater, Washington, DC 1920 • Greece In ‘Slow-Death Scenario’ Amid Defaults Fears (CNBC) • IMF Knocks Greek Debt Rescheduling
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 16 2015]

VisionHawk
    Participant

Michael VisionHawk via Gravity Payments

Finally….someone who sees past his y-earnings…..

CEO Slashes Pay to Raise Company ‘Minimum Wage’ to $70,000 – NBC News
    A Seattle business owner is dropping his salary from about $1 million to $70,000 to help pay his workers a minimum of $70,000, too.
    NBCNEWS.COM

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/ceo-slashes-pay-to-raise-company–minimum-wage–to–70-000-428053059671

Nassim
    Participant

“Russia’s small-scale organic agriculture model may hold the key to feeding the world”
    https://www.naturalnews.com/037366_Russia_home_gardens_food_production.html

Resilience.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

That’s a “good news” story.

Yes, China’s sure going to have a bumpy ride here, and for a while too. Just don’t count them as crashed, any more than you would the U.S. in 1895.

Good to see the Vatican interested in being stewards of the garden. However, the impulse and article are pretty overblown. Because the catholic parts of the earth are well-known for being ecological, sustainable, green centers? Er, no. In fact, the greenest centers have happened not to be catholic. So don’t give me how much they care and how strong their record has been.

Raleigh
    Participant

Dr. Diablo – “In fact, the greenest centers have happened not to be catholic.” More like the only green centers left are where mankind (nothing kind about it) has never set foot, regardless of religion. The Catholics certainly have not helped matters. Being against birth control means more people, more pollution. But there aren’t many Catholics in India and China, and they’ve done a bang-up job on ruining their countries. Take a look at these few pictures:

Powerful Images Show The Terrible Effects Of Overpopulation

“Yes, China’s sure going to have a bumpy ride here, and for a while too. Just don’t count them as crashed, any more than you would the U.S. in 1895.” Would that be a good thing, to have another U.S.? I’ve noticed your last few posts have been cheering and rooting for China. Nothing wrong with that, except do we really want to have more growth? How about India too? China could never have risen like it did, in the time it did, without a great deal of help from the U.S. China was U.S.-made.

From what I can see, China has printed a ton of funny monopoly money, polluted the hell out of their country, enriched a bunch of party elite through corruption, bribery, caused chaos and harm in many of the world’s nicest cities by using this corrupt money to buy up properties, forcing prices up for locals, chased peasants off their farmland in order to profit, built empty cities and empty roads. China has been manufactured, just like a piece of machinery, and all for profits for again the few.

I’m not going to cheer them on. I don’t see that they have done anything that’s really added to the world. To me, China has been one big fat negative, a blight. Do you think we really need more of this, and why?

John Day
    Participant

Meet Josephine Witt, the girl who got the jump on Mario Draghi.
    Good pictures.
    What a spirited filly! 🙂
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-15/meet-mario-draghis-attacker-her-own-words

Raleigh
    Participant

John Day – I applaud her for her courage. More people need to start doing this to unelected AND elected officials. Dick-tators! Bravo! All it takes is a few to start doing this and others will follow.

Raleigh
    Participant

By Thad Beversdorf – “330 Million Citizens And We’re Down To Another Clinton And Another Bush”

“The insider circle continues to get smaller and smaller. Here we are about to see the third Bush and second Clinton to run for president in just the past 25 years. And sure one can say that well the Bush’s are citizens too so why not them? And my answer is this – If they really and truly wanted what was best for this nation in the spirit of the founding fathers both the Bush’s and the Clintons would recuse themselves from this election. The idea is that the founding fathers were adamant that America not turn into some oligarchy or aristocracy. As we have so obviously become exactly that, those who put their nation before themselves would do the right thing and break the oligarchical cycle. But these familial dynasties don’t and they won’t and so we know that their self interest is greater than their interest in what’s best for America. […]

What makes that even more sickening is the fact that his father and grandfather were very much involved in getting us into that conflict and every other conflict of the past 100 years. Seriously, the Bush family has been involved in America’s participation in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and the past 15 years of continuous simultaneous multiple major theatre wars. Anyone interested is knowing how deep the Bush family roots dig into the covert ties between the Department of Defense (DoD) and military industrial complex (MIC) should read the book “Vietnam War, Volume 1” by Vinh Truong. Even to someone like myself who was fairly cognisant of the Bush family’s ties to the American war machine, this book was shocking. Mr. Truong provides such vivid detail at such a granular level that it leaves no room for ambiguity. This is the type of book that should be part of every high school’s literature curriculum.”

330 Million Citizens And We’re Down To Another Clinton And Another Bush

John Day
    Participant

Jeb Bush: Warmongering Neoconservative Criminal.
    Hillary Clinton: Warmongering Neoliberal Criminal.
    The choice is clear, right?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-15/enormous-differences-between-jeb-bush-and-hillary-clinton

I promise I will stay away from these sorts of far too obvious us presidential non-stories. I’m afraid I’ll be about the only one, though.

V. Arnold
    Participant

By Thad Beversdorf – “330 Million Citizens And We’re Down To Another Clinton And Another Bush”

What a beautiful illustration that 330 million citizens; don’t learn nuthin!!!!
    I guess they’re waiting for Klatu…

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

“Rooting for China”? Well, just in the sense of geopolitical power, watched from the bleachers. China, now like rest-of-world, has totally destroyed the one thing that keeps the Chinese alive: their ecology. The number of people is a real challenge, but in my view not nearly so much as the way in which they live and the human ecology they build. We generally don’t see that since worldwide modernization “externalized” costs, i.e. death and pollution, to “them”–whoever “they” are–and so universally ruined the place. But that’s not an absolute.

Although few in number, it’s not that hard to find examples of places where cooperation and a healthy ecology allow a population density, what we call “modernization”, like specialization, invention, books and such, and yet an sustainable, environmental, even what we would call “wild” land. We assume humans are the great destroyers because since the industrial revolution that’s all we’ve seen all our cultural lives, but that has to do with our demented culture and priorities, not humans. Humans lived 10-100,000 years before now without making a wreck of things, and that’s our normal pattern. This tiny blip is the anomaly.

Back to China, the dumbest thing they ever did was pave over the rice paddies that sustain them, to build what? And even if they undid it, it would take far longer and cost more to restore the water, to say nothing of their social cohesion. But they paved it, and they are now turning to address those problems a little, and that “progress” of turning into a slave camp or human factory matters because it makes them comparatively powerful on the world stage. I’d rather own the food than the factory, but that’s me and they are buying up nations of food production worldwide with their factory money. Personal opinions about population and ecology don’t enter into geopolitical observation. The blog–counterproductively, perhaps–focuses on finance, geopolitical power, and not solutions. Maybe we shouldn’t, because there are a LOT of solutions, and they’re not getting much press. Nassim posted one just above, but there are whole forests of sites dedicated to solutions.

The world is over populated to my taste but we’re nowhere near carrying capacity if we only made some very obvious changes that I could name, would be productive, and make people a lot happier. But no one WANTS that change. They don’t want humble lives in green, dewy fields with bright stars against the jet-black night, because if they did, they’d do a single thing about it. They’d reject the machine and slow it down. So I don’t talk about it either, being steps 9 or 10, not step 3 or 4 where we are.

And that’s why the illusion of rooting for China, who is on a long-term up, against the U.S., which is on a medium term down.

Raleigh
    Participant

Dr. Diablo – yes, you are right, man was around a long time and they did not rape the earth. The damage has been done very recently. Money and profits are driving the destruction, so much so that the bad side of man has surfaced. Too bad. I guess nature will have to step in and put the boot to us and our kids will end up suffering the brunt. China should not be allowed to buy up food production in other countries. Food production should not be for sale.

“Green, dewy fields with bright stars against the jet-black night” – that sounds nice, doesn’t it? Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.