Debt Rattle August 24 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 24 2017

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Egon Schiele Meadow, Church and Houses 1912   • Wall Street Banks Warn Downturn Is Coming (BBG) • Big US Banks Could See Profit Jump 20% With Der
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 24 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Cycles; unicycles? Bicycles? Tricycles? I’m left numb by the cycles; mere shadow games; Oz behind the curtain.
    Ultimately boring for those who’ve cut the cord.
    Gold, with minor exceptions, has proved to be the standard for more than 5,000 years, and I for one, see no reason to pay attention to the various ponzi schemes foisted upon the masses.
    Lemmings are, after all, the masses; and they go over cliffs to their deaths, for no apparent reason.
    The marriage/relationship situation in the states is absolutely no surprise; the male/female situation has been, well, fucked up for generations. It’s just one of many reasons I left; but by no means the major one.
    For me it was primarily the Iraq invasion of 2003; my last straw!
    Any hoo; the world is pretty fucked up, but not everywhere…yet.
    There are still places to relocate; choose carefully…

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Brodsky, like other Wall Street types, is the dumbest guy I’ve ever seen. Spreading it on thick, what does he think the U.S. is supposed to do? We’ve done so well sending our entire business and industry overseas? It’s been fabulous for financialization types like him for the condo-dwellers of the remaining 12 blessed cities, but a disaster for almost 100% of all citizens here. Listen: what do you think is going to happen? The U.S. with no industry, a ground-up military, and ships that can’t even dodge a 1,000-foot tanker, is just going to keep getting free goods with a $1.5T deficit forever and ever in a new 1,000 year Reich? Tell me he’s just lying and isn’t actually that stupid.

So if the ruined, gutted, helpless U.S. is not going to get free stuff from the world that much longer, what should they do? Possibly work faster-than-light to rebuild some industry and infrastructure before the world shuts the door on imports and they can’t even buy shoes, much less rare-earths and iPhones? World wages aren’t relevant here, when a) we’re going to be shut down, and b) the U.S. can make and consume almost everything internally should they wish to. And newsflash Brodsky: the U.S. has ALWAYS been a world trade power. Decades before the nation began we were already the center of sugar, rum, lumber, tea, wool, cotton trade. Yet in that 250 years of history there have been great variations in tariffs, protection, and deregulation. We DO NOT need to export at all, nor import at all, which means we don’t need to have wages lower than China. But to do that, we would need to re-set the rigorous industrial protectionism we had during our most prosperous 100-year period. American wages then are not going to get “higher” — God forbid! The most horrible, un-thinkable thought of all! To both his types in business and the Fed. But wages relative to what they’re buying WILL rise, because otherwise the 100M already on the edge and the 25M on food stamps would simply die, and those 125M citizens who own 300M guns are not going to just sit around while the Brodskyites happen.

It’s fine to disagree with that, and we can look into which way tariffs, trade, wages, are better or worse, but he just assumes it’s insane or impossible, the same way it’s “impossible” to leave the EU and go back to independent nations. It’s only impossible because you won’t say, “um, bye!” “You and whose army?” right, Brexit? Brodsky’s impossible is inevitable, both with the EU, and with the U.S. having to re-build themselves, if for no other reason that we need steel for ships and machinery to support the army, or else we will cease to exist.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>We’ve done so well sending our entire business and industry overseas?<<

Hi Good doctor, as you well know, “We” doesn’t apply to America’s decisions. The truth is, ordinary people have almost no say at all in what “America” does.

The Debt-Money Monopolist Fascists (they control major industry and government via their control over the debt-money system) do, however.

But I will argue, to the day I die, that the Debt-Money Monopolist Fascists are not “we,” they are “they,” and any use of the language that confuses this absolute truth is a disservice to the confused listener that actually thinks the “we” decision maker includes ordinary people.

There is a reason that Socrates thought a lot… about words.

There is a reason that Confucius realized the following truth:

“The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper (accurate) name (word).”

There is a reason that Cicero called the traitors, those posing as “we,” but are truly “they,” the plague:

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

If you want a rather close analogy from the Debt-Money Monopolist financed Major Media Complex, look no further than their They Live Mockumentary and its concept of “human power elite” who sold out to the “aliens” (aliens fill in for the Money Power controllers).

“The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people (“we”) versus the banks (“they”).”
    ~Lord Acton

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

“No motherland” (supra-national)

“Without patriotism” (supra-national)

“They” = Debt-Money Monopolist Money Power

“We” = Everyone else, including ALL ordinary people (white, black, Jew, Asian, Indian, native, tall, small, thick, thin, blue eyes, green eyes, brown eyes… none of it matter… we are NOT in the Money Power club).

Until this REALITY pervades the consciousness of the masses, we are like a native signing a contract that gives Manhattan to the Debt-Money Monopolist Fascist agents WHEN WE CAN’T EVEN READ THE LANGUAGE!

“Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation’s scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present – and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.”
    ~President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Farewell Speech
    ================================================
    “The prospect of domination of the nation’s scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present – and is gravely to be regarded.”

V. Arnold
    Participant

TheTrivium4TW
    I liked the “we” bit; I’ve never been a we; just a me, separate from the world at large.
    One, always swimming against the current; it’s made for an interesting, if not always easy, life.
    It’s why I could not possibly swear allegeance to any government, ever.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Trivium —

Hat’s off to you for your comments. My moratorium on watching cable television news began when Bush took the credit for Cheney’s (and his dual-citizenship cohorts’) invasion of Iraq on behalf of Zionist Israel and the international banking cartels. That’s a mouthful, but shortening that sentence always makes it misleading. To be completely accurate, that sentence should be considerably longer.

But my primary reason for logging in was to recommend the following article. Your comments regarding government sponsored science really hit a nerve.

A totalitarian society has totalitarian science

V. Arnold
    Participant

While I probably agree with most of what Jon Rappaport posits; he’s way too wordy and long of tooth for my current attention span, my view of the western world; which is; it’s fucked up beyond redemption; all of it; medical, social, the whole nine yards.
    But kudos for your attempt…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.