Debt Rattle December 14 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 14 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    those darned kids
    Participant

interesting question, chooch.

i’ll say “yes” because (quick answer!) public employees should be on the payroll for the benefit of society. propaganda does not qualify.

i’ll say “no” because (quick answer!) some random dude’s opinion on the internet is, well, electrons.

i do like sleuthing, though!

TAE Summary
    Participant

A Mainstream Summary
    of articles from my news feed

* Omicron variant: Pfizer vaccine protects 70% against hospitalization, study finds
    Pfizer claims two doses of its vaccine give 33% protection against infection and 70% protection against hospitalization based on 78K cases in South Africa between Nov 15 an Dec 7. SA currently has 13K cases so 78K in this time frame sounds funny. The Fox article references an AP News article which references a paper that is not peer reviewed. The AP article has no links to the paper it cites. The AP article says omicron may be milder but we don’t know for sure yet.

* Pfizer’s anti-covid pill prevents severe illness and should work against omicron variant, company says
    The Pfizer pill is manufactured in Germany. They say the pill reduces deaths and hospitalization by 90% among people at high risk because of age and comorbidities. The pill needs to be take with 5 days of symptom onset. The claim that it works on omicron is based on lab studies. The pill showed no symptom relief for non-high-risk patients though it did show a reduction in viral load. They say that oral antivirals offer significant benefits and are badly needed because of delta and omicron.

* Omicron appears more resistant to Covid vaccines but is causing less severe illness in South Africa, major study finds
    The subtitle of the article makes the Pfizer vaccine claim above.
    The article says the first real world study found omicron caused less severe symptoms with 29% fewer hospital admission. It doesn’t say if this is absolute or relative. This is based on the same study that makes the Pfizer claims. They say they don’t know if this is good or bad news. They say this shows vaccine effectiveness is reduced but that boosters still increase immunity. They say that though the hospitalization rate is lower, the fact that it is more transmissible may mean more hospitalizations and deaths in absolute numbers.

I am trying to give an objective report of what the articles say but it is hard not to notice how much of my news feed comes directly from Pfizer.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Another thing that makes me wonder if Deflationista might not be entirely what they present themselves as: I don’t know if anyone remembers when they crashed into these comments back during the first week of August, but I honestly can’t recall any other participant here feeling the need to give us their entire backstory. As the kids say these days, “Who does that?”

ctbarnum
    Participant

All I have to say about this is, “When one declares war on their own citizens they should not be surprised when they have to engage in combat.”

“Carroll also denounced threats he had received following the announcement of the legislation.

‘Since taking office, I’ve always tried toeliminate those who refused my diktats have civil discourse with those who’ve disagreed with me. However, violent threats made against me, my family and my staff are reprehensible,” he wrote in the statement. “I hope we can return to a more positive discourse on public health, especially when it comes to this pandemic that has tired us all.””

One of my purer thoughts is he should not be hired for anything (even dog catcher) in the future. My impure thoughts involve how the forest troop kept potential “leaders” from dominating them.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

From Rabbi Chananya Weissman (normally I just post a link, but this deserves to be reproduced verbatim):

In case you haven’t heard, Merriam-Webster recently revised its definition of the term “anti-vaxxer”. This has generated a great deal of backlash about what changes they made, presumably to suit the establishment agenda.

That, in turn, generated the predictable condescending response from the establishment and its horde of spin-doctors and “fact-checkers”, who employed their usual tactics to conclude that those sounding alarms about this change are fools and agenda-driven liars spreading false information. This will be sanctified as irrefutable fact by their colleagues in the establishment media and the technocrats for whom they work, who will instruct their platforms to censor the opposition. Not long after, they will issue calls for their co-workers in government to persecute those who express the now-debunked position.

Lost in all the hoopla is a close look at Merriam-Webster’s actual definitions of “anti-vaxxer” and “vaccine” at present, irrespective of what they did or didn’t change. Here they are in full, followed by my commentary:

In case you haven’t heard, Merriam-Webster recently revised its definition of the term “anti-vaxxer”. This has generated a great deal of backlash about what changes they made, presumably to suit the establishment agenda.

That, in turn, generated the predictable condescending response from the establishment and its horde of spin-doctors and “fact-checkers”, who employed their usual tactics to conclude that those sounding alarms about this change are fools and agenda-driven liars spreading false information. This will be sanctified as irrefutable fact by their colleagues in the establishment media and the technocrats for whom they work, who will instruct their platforms to censor the opposition. Not long after, they will issue calls for their co-workers in government to persecute those who express the now-debunked position.

Lost in all the hoopla is a close look at Merriam-Webster’s actual definitions of “anti-vaxxer” and “vaccine” at present, irrespective of what they did or didn’t change. Here they are in full, followed by my commentary:

Definition of anti-vaxxer: a person who opposes the use of vaccines or regulations mandating vaccination

All the fuss has been focused around whether and when Merriam-Webster introduced the last part into their definition of “anti-vaxxer”. To me, while interesting, that is less important.

The real significance is that, according to Merriam-Webster, everyone who supports the Nuremberg Code and the principle of informed consent is, by definition, an anti-vaxxer! Even if one has shot himself and his children up with every concoction declared by the pharmaceutical overlords to be a vaccine, even if they have gladly signed up for a lifetime subscription of every new “vaccine” they churn out, if they are against forcing people to take it, they are “anti-vaxxers”!

This is wonderful news. I would hereby like to welcome the overwhelming majority of the human race, who should now declare loudly and proudly that they are anti-vaxxers, and confidently challenge anyone who isn’t.

The tables have officially been turned. The term “anti-vaxxer” is no longer a pejorative to slander and mock those who are against any or all “vaccines”. It is no longer a sword of Damocles swinging over those who express reservations about taking an injection of idolatry, lest one face the angry god of covid, or, far worse, be declared an anti-vaxxer. The term now means anyone who is against forcing people to kneel.

Perhaps the establishment believes their spell is so powerful that those who already live in terror of being called an “anti-vaxxer” will go along with this part of the definition as well. They will support forcing people to be injected with any and all crap, or at least look the other way, to protect themselves from having the dreaded “anti-vaxxer” tag slapped on them, with all that entails.

If the establishment is right, the fascist takeover is essentially complete. If not, now is the time to welcome the new hordes of “anti-vaxxers” and enlist them in the fight against evil. After all, those who support forcing people to get injected with something today will inevitably be forced to get injected with something they don’t want tomorrow.

Thank you, Merriam-Webster.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Today’s vax CULT behavior:

Kroger to take away paid Covid benefits, add insurance surcharges for unvaccinated employees:

~ Kroger is taking away paid leave for unvaccinated employees who get Covid-19 and requiring some of them to pay a monthly health insurance surcharge starting next year.

~ The new policies are intended to encourage staff to get the Covid vaccines, a company spokeswoman said.

~ The country’s largest supermarket operator will still provide paid leave to fully vaccinated employees who get breakthrough cases.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/14/kroger-to-eliminate-some-covid-19-benefits-for-unvaccinated-employees-wsj-reports-.html

We don’t frequent any Kroger entities, except Vitacost, which I will now find an alternative for…

ctbarnum
    Participant

Meanwhile the Lancet castigates those who declare COVID a “pandemic of the unvaccinated”.

“There is increasing evidence that vaccinated individuals continue to have a relevant role in transmission. In Massachusetts, USA, a total of 469 new COVID-19 cases were detected during various events in July, 2021, and 346 (74%) of these cases were in people who were fully or partly vaccinated, 274 (79%) of whom were symptomatic. Cycle threshold values were similarly low between people who were fully vaccinated (median 22·8) and people who were unvaccinated, not fully vaccinated, or whose vaccination status was unknown (median 21·5), indicating a high viral load even among people who were fully vaccinated.

People who are vaccinated may have a lower risk of severe disease but are still a relevant part of the pandemic. It is therefore wrong and dangerous to speak of a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Historically, both the USA and Germany have engendered negative experiences by stigmatising parts of the population for their skin colour or religion. I call on high-level officials and scientists to stop the inappropriate stigmatisation of unvaccinated people, who include our patients, colleagues, and other fellow citizens, and to put extra effort into bringing society together.

Forced mandates to regain “freedom” should be seen as a declaration of war. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

those darned kids
    Participant

oxy: is this true?

https://www.9news.com.au/national/nsw-covid19-restrictions-december-15-explained-as-omicron-cases-surge/f83d7840-4a90-43db-92cb-3346ec9b6306

From today, all people in NSW will be granted the same freedoms, regardless of their vaccination status.

i don’t like the “granted” part, but the freedom part sure sounds good. i wonder what roll omichronic will play..

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“TDK, At the end of the day, does it really matter? Just curious.”

Well, if it matters that we at least have a bit of fun with a phenomenon that is generally boorishly antagonizing and mostly disinformative, I’d say it matters.

Anyway, if it couldn’t take the heat, it would leave the kitchen. It seems to rather enjoy being a punching clown. It has earned such real-time negative karma around here that I feel almost duty-bound, morally, to kick it around.

Impress Us

I study it as much as I perceive it studies us. (‘I perceive’ is indistinguishable from ‘I hear voices in my head’ but that’s my perception and I’m sticking to it.)
    Meanwhile, in Seriousland, someone used the word “deliquesce” to describe what is happening to global human civilization. I think this is as pithily accurate as one word can be regarding current affairs.

What we need is a good comet:

Justin’s Comet

We seem to be queueing up active volcanoes aplenty. Now we just needs us a good shower of mutant meteors and a rain of frogs and lizards.

And so the world ended, not with a bang but a bugle mouth fart.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

From the article about Kroger:

Starting next year, salaried, nonunion employees who are unvaccinated and enrolled in the company’s health insurance plan must pay a monthly $50 surcharge, the company spokeswoman said

I’m not defending this dick-move at all, but the folks who are being slapped with the surcharge should be able to afford it if they feel sufficiently strongly about not getting the jab. That said, it does rather smack of a jizya.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

sumac.carol
    Participant

Article referencing our old friend Bob Prechter as he waded in on the impact of social mood on covid.

There is a More Beautiful Melody than Fear

ctbarnum
    Participant
    zerosum
    Participant

My story
    I believe that the vaccine affects short term memory.

I was told that if I wanted to be around the grandkid that I had to get the vaccine so that the grandkids would not get the virus.
    Now, those people deny using that reason.
    Also, we were told that the vaccine would keep us from getting covid.
    Nobody remembers ….
    Now, the story is that the vaccine might help you from getting very sick and that is why you should get the 2 vaccines and the booster vaccines.
    Maybe, Omicron will be able to remove the fog from people’s memories.

zerosum
    Participant

Pro sport people have had their 2 shots and multiple testing and yet …… Omicron is after the healthiest individuals
    https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/omicron-track-massively-disrupt-pro-sports
    Omicron On Track To ‘Massively Disrupt’ Pro Sports

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@ctbarnum: It would appear they finally found somebody with a laugh more annoying than Arnold Horshack’s.

WES
    Participant

Dr. John Day:

Looks like your house extention project is moving along very nicely!

As for winging it without a plan, that strictly speaking isn’t true. You do have a general idea of what you want! As you tackle each part of the project, you retain the flexibility to make changes on the fly. That reflects confidence in yourself! Everything will jell in the end!

When I was in the Hunter Valley, New Soth Wales, I once visited an old style farm/ranch homestead, built in the days before electricity. There were several features of this house that struct me as very practical and that the home builder knew exactly what they were doing.

First, the single story house roof extended in all four directions, so that the house was surrounded on all sides with a deep porch. This served to keep the hot summer sun from shining directly on the house’s exterior walls (remember no insulation in those days!). Thus the house walls remained shaded all day long.

The second feature of the house was very high ceilings. Actually there were no ceilings at all! The roof in the middle of the house was very high, maybe 20 or more feet above the floor. The house was divided into the usual areas, such as living room, dining room, kitchen, bedrooms, etc. Each room’s walls ended at about 10 or 12 feet. Since there were no ceilings, the hot air in each room could rise up to the roof and be vented outside (warm air rises, cool air drawn in from the shaded porch). That is how these folks survived without air conditioning or ceiling fans.

Off-topic:
    I am noted for designing all my projects on the back of used envelopes! No napkins for me! First is developing and exploring the (in the box, out of the box) idea. Then comes the details of how I would actually, step by step, build my idea. Rinse and repeat as often as necessary! This often brings up the many flaws! Then there is knowing what materials I already have on hand and what needs to be bought. I phone for pricing and make more changes to keep costs down. (Then my wife, cleaning up, throws the pile of envelopes into the recycling bin!)

(Yes, many envelopes are “used” in this process!)

Then once I start building the project, I often have more ideas, so I incorporate them in too. If said project impacts the 2 women in my life, naturally more changes occur, once the women can see the project taking shape. Being a custom builder, I do my best to make my customers happy!

Strangely my brother never sketches his projects. He verbalized them instead. He is a rarity amoung engineers. Most are very good at making hand sketches of their ideas. The “used” envelopes in his house are safe! In my house “used” envelopes are most certainly not safe! I use them for everything! Even grocery lists!

zerosum- that the “vaccine” can influence the operations of so many organs, it is not a surprise that it may influence the way the brain works.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@ctbarnum re: “…keep leaders from dominating…”

Potlatch – You see, we had to destroy the wealth to save it, but, man, what a party!

those darned kids
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

@Susmarie108: You are a Voracious Reader.
    @ Those Darned Kids: Thanks for thinking into and researching the trolls-in-uniform, helping keep the impression of freedom burning…

@WES
    : Thanks: I have been doing a lot of investigation, crawling under the house, measuring ghi ngs, thinking, negotiating politely with an eager, impatient builder who works quickly and habitually, and a very careful structural engineer friend, not on site, who is trying hard to protect me from catastrophe in 130 mph wind gusts, which are bound to come some day. Never those twain shall meet, so i am constantly assessing, reassessing, negotiating for what might be reasonably improved/remediated as work moves, without stopping/interrupting the flow, when the crew is there.
    Nobody is a bad guy; all relatively good guys with different quirks and foibles, certainly including myself.
    I am greatly beholden to my friend, Lester, who refuses any remuneration for his kind, expert and patient advice and revised advice, as we go along.

WES
    Participant

For now, I have more or less completed building my (latest crazy project!) temporary winter sunroom enclosure in my backyard. (It is modular, held together with rust proof deck screws, so it can be disassembled and stored when not needed.)

I hatched this idea late this fall, while still at the island cottage. Many “used” envelopes later and it now exists!

Sunday and today, rare December days with any sunshine at all, I tested the sun room, by lying on a lawn chair (actually 2 lawn chairs), sun bathing! How else does one test such a device, created on the back of an envelope?

(I have already had an overnight wind knock my enclosure over, badly damaging it! It is now solidly staked to the ground!)

To be honest it’s sort of like a giant solar cooker! But with me inside!

The front is 8′ x 8′ square. The 9′ long roof and two 9′ sides taper down to 4′ x 4 at the back. The idea is to try and gain a 4:1 sunshine ratio, since the sun is so low and weak. (A 1 foot high stick casts over a 4 foot long shadow!)

PThe body of the sunroom enclosure is made out of 1″ thick foam roofing insulation sheets that has aluminum foil on both sides. The 8′ x 8′ front is covered by clear plastic sheeting some neighbor threw out over 20 years ago that I helped myself (hopeless packrat!) to. It is a fairly heavy tough clear plastic but I have never been able to identify exactly what it is.

While sun bathing, I did manage to transport myself to Florida for a few hours of glorious sweating, with frequent stops in Myrtle Beach to cool off, when the sun is hidden behind 4 large spruce trees in my neighbor’s backyard. (Anybody know how to kill spruce trees and not get caught?)

The really nice thing about the sunroom is that, since I am unvaccinated, I can still travel to Florida, if only for a few hours, sunshine dependent of course. Here in Toronto we are lucky to average 1 to 2 hours a day of sun shine in the early winter months of December and January, just when I want sunshine the very most! (Yes, I have my home made light therapy lamp for my dry skin, as a backup for those mostly cloudy days.)

So on the side door to my sunroom, I have written “Florida – No Passport Needed!”

My crazy home made solution to not being able to travel!

WES
    Participant

Dr. John Day:

Yes strong winds are always a problem but if you plan for them, they can be onfidently dealt with.

My Ontario Grandfather (farmer – all cash man) had a house on 19 acres of swamp just south of Kissimmee, Florida. There one worries about losing your roof due to hurricanes. He had re-bar anchored in the cement floor and up through the walls so he could tie his roof to the re-bar. He never lost his roof in over 30 years!

Hopefully your structure is solidly attached to your cement pilings! You can also put metal bracing inside all of the outer walls too. Some of the 2 story cottages up here have these in their walls.

Another thing you can do is to make strong hinged window shutters that can be closed quickly to protect your windows from flying debris. That is what they do in the Caribbean.

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:

What you described (yes a clever tongue-in-cheek play on vax memory side effects) also sounds just like old age CRS!

My deceased Uncle Bob, a doctor, is credited with discovering CRS.

If you can’t remember what CRS stands for, you are forgiven.

CRS = Can’t Remember Shit!

WES
    Participant

Mister Roboto:

Yes, he was very annoying! But just as annoying, we date ourselves too!

John Day
    Participant

Thanks WES, I am working on details, details, details as constuction proceeds. The orogonal 1957 house is in good condition, never damaged, though a tornado twisted the top of one of the sycamore trees fairly impressively. Tying the roof rafters down to the attic floor joists is what we worked out today. I’ll be back and get more pictures on Saturday for a Sunday post.

Henry
    Participant

“Mattias Desmet, Professor of Clinical Psychology at Ghent University is doing some of the best work on the current rise of totalitarianism. Dr. Desmet studies what’s called “Mass Formation” — the conditions that produce collective delusions and willing participation in totalitarian systems.

This is one of the most eye opening interviews I have seen:

Mass Formation

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ WES

We used TR 80 Steel profile for our cottage siding and roofing. The company offers polycarbonate panels in this profile and we used this to construct our sunroom. It would probably work for greenhouse and solar kiln as well. It is a little pricey. It is an easy way to put a skylight in a barn.

duchesne.ca

Polycarbonate

TR 80 Steel profile

https://www.duchesne.ca/pdf/en/steel/steel-catalog.pdf

ACCESSORIES
    TRANSLUCENT PANELS – PROFILES FOR ROOFING AND SIDING
    POLYCARBONATE
    ROOFING TR 80

ctbarnum
    Participant

@thomasjkenney

Potlatch might calm things for a bit, but when “leaders” declare war on their people, the article I link to noted how to maintain the peace.

“Sapolsky was eager to learn how the troop, which now seemed far too peace-and-love oriented to defend itself, had managed to avoid being taken over. Then, one day, a violent, dominant male potential “leader” fell upon them and attempted to subjugate the troop to his rule. The troop instantly turned on him and literally tore him limb from limb. When Sapolsky went out to study the troop the next day, the baboons were quietly grooming each other as usual, and on the ground beside them was the severed face of the would-be usurper. The group managed to avoid a return to violence by reserving all their aggression for the males who occasionally tried to fill the power vacuum.”

Told you the thought for how to deal with Carroll was impure.

ctbarnum
    Participant

@Mister-Roboto

I’ve seen it around the internet at times, but the subtitles on that tweet definitely apply and any cult member using this logic would earn the laugh.

The annoying laugh guy I guess we could call the Spanish version of David Letterman, as it resembles Spain’s Tonight Show.

tony smyth
    Participant

Raul. Is the address for sending cash to TAE the same as before (Keap St, NY)? Can’t do Paypal from Japan for some reason.

Tony,

Address for checks/cash/money orders:

Daniel Jarvis
    52 Ondaora Pkwy
    Highland Falls, NY 10928
    USA

Thanks!

Henry
    Participant

Neil Oliver

Henry
    Participant

<iframe loading="lazy" title="Apocalypse Now - smell of napalm" width="695" height="521" src="https://youtu.be/f8NTHyucXwc?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Testing...

Henry
    Participant

<iframe loading="lazy" title="Apocalypse Now - smell of napalm" width="695" height="521" src="https://youtu.be/f8NTHyucXwc?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Testing again.

Henry
    Participant

Youtube Video

Henry
    Participant

<iframe width=”480″ height=”270″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/f8NTHyucXwc&#8221; title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK one more try on embedding a video.

Henry
    Participant

</iframe>” alt=”Try and Try again.” />

Once again grrrr…

Henry
    Participant

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f8NTHyucXwc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Henry
    Participant

`
    <iframe width=”480″ height=”270″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/f8NTHyucXwc&#8221; title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
    `

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.