Debt Rattle December 14 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 14 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Paul Klee Carnival in the snow 1923   • Flood-tide of Darkness (Jim Kunstler) • The “If It Does Not Work Do It More” Stage Of The Pandemic (Gato
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 14 2021]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Don’t miss it…

The winter solstice for the Northern Hemisphere occurs on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 10:59 a.m. EST

Red
    Participant

I just did some numbers: 8.49 billion divided by 365 = approx. 2.39 billion divided by 24 = approx. 96.9 million divided by 60 = approx 1.61 million divided again by 60 = approx. 26,921 thousand per second for one year. So the manufactures have produced and distributed 8.49 billion jabs in less than one year. Does this sound right or was there some already to go before January of 2021?

8.49 billion divided by 365 = approx. 2.39 billion

??

Red
    Participant

When asked if the booster dose caused the death of elders who had previously had COVID-19, Zhang refused to give a clear answer: “It’s a really tricky question. When a senior in a nursing home dies, how do you say it was the vaccine or not the vaccine [that caused the death]?”

A postmortem might help with that.

“Omicron causes lower back pain as a symptom.”

Huh?

Red
    Participant

Days/hours/minutes/seconds

Basseterre Kitona
    Participant

Rand Paul: Vaccine Zealots “Won’t Be Happy Until They Get Your Newborn” (SN)

Oh, I expect the vaccine zealots to exceed the newborn goal. These fanatics will likely want to vaccinate the dead too. After all vaccination is a signal of religious devotion. No funeral ceremony for the untaxed/uncowed.

Wouldn’t surprise me either if they then try to vax all of the dead, kind of like the Mormons were baptizing deceased ancestors at one point.

But why stop with people? We know that animals are in play too.

How about plants? Corona virus is a respiratory disease and do trees not breathe too? In with the CO2 and out with the oxygen? Come to think of it, maybe the miracle vaccine can cure “climate change” too.

I’d like to say that I’m being sarcastic…but I fear that I’m just giving the nut jobs more bad ideas.

Red
    Participant
    chooch
    Participant

Nice Raul,

Should explode a head or too.

chooch
    Participant

What this means to the authors is that vaccine-breakthrough and antibody-resistant mutations will increase transmission once most people are carrying antibodies through either vaccination or infection. The authors call for use of this information in vaccine programs (!). That, of course, will lead to further selection pressure.

What this means to me is that the infamous “new variants” Delta and Omicron variants have the mutations in the RBD now make all existing spike-only vaccines obsolete. Once Omicron dominates, another evolutionary arms race will take place – as long as we are targeting only the spike protein in so many people.

https://popularrationalism.substack.com/p/spike-only-vaccine-a-colossal-blunder

Wait a minute, Tyler.

Pfizer Jab Prevents 70% Of Hospitalizations In South Africa

South Africa’s Discovery Health, one of the country’s biggest health insurers, has just briefed the public on the results of its latest study, and it’s findings aren’t exactly a surprise.

While the omicron variant, first discovered in South Africa, is efficient at surpassing protections afforded by the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, the Discovery data showed that Pfizer’s jab is actually 70% effective at reducing hospitalizations.

That might help explain why the omicron variant has coincided with a surge in cases in South Africa, even while the number of hospitalizations and the number of deaths have declined.

The exact same thing would occur if Omicron is mild. Doesn’t involve any Pfizer.

Totally off topic but worth it.
    From a post at ZH- just for laughs. A conversation between the US navy and Spain…

John Day
    Participant

I just caught up on yesterday’s comments, attended by the upper-level human intelligence version of “deflationista”, not the perfunctory bot version.
    This voice is the highest human voice assigned to the “deflationista” Avatar, and should be treated as any intelligent human.
    The situation with government internet warrior operations, of which the US and Israel reportedly have the largest, is that there are layers of competence mingling bots and human operators of the bots.
    For the longest time, we had the “nuevo deflationista” bot, with a lower level human minder sometimes adding flavorful insults and pejoratives, but that was not working on this crowd.
    This commentariat is not Zero Hedge.
    Immediately yesterday the highly intelligent human manager of “deflationista” responded to individuals, explored gray edges of WW-2 guilt, taking the opposite position that “anti-vaxxers” are like those who persecuted and ignored the crimes against Jews and minorities. This was a subtle and intelligent and clearly human voice, responding repeatedly to other humans in this commentariat. Insults and disparagement focused on mockery and insulting intelligence of comenters.
    This was enticement to name calling and rudeness, and that was pointed out as degrading this forum, which it does.
    I think this forum is a training ground for the current governmental propaganda operations to hone their game. Where we have clarity on an issue, especially moral clarity, the opposite view does not work, but clouding the focus of the moral clarity, as clouding what is the current fascist position, paralleling the Nazis, is a more useful tack.
    Sowing dissension among the regulars helps break a special place that this blog has, a place of kindly helping each other. It breaks the kindness when “we” call names.
    Most readers do not comment, but are affected by the tenor of comments.
    Encouraging name calling and attacks on intelligence and clouding the issues, especially moral issues, are the reasonable objectives here for psy-ops.
    The bot version of “deflationista” can hammer away with more usual propaganda pieces, but has also taken a more subtle tack recently, choosing more intellectually explorative pieces, which are written intelligently, appealing to the intelligent readers. This is a level of discernment that AI can be set to use, if lists of articles are graded for what readership to target by central command. It’s list-picking.
    This blog gets the intellectual list now, and has earned it.
    The extended visit (“all day and all of the night” , Kinks) by the upper level supervisor, someone I would rank as “Captain” in the military, and a good Captain, getting regular promotions, is a compliment to this blog, should be taken as such, and we should engage this intelligent human, who is doing a good job, of his (masculine voice) “job”.
    People who are intelligent, engage other humans intelligently (including insults and name calling, when used to specific ends) should be engaged as intelligent humans. We should hone our skills of public-discourse, just as those in the internet-propaganda battalions do when they engage us.
    Human-Captain “deflationista” cannot visit us very often, but yesterday was a high-comment day, maybe a high traffic day. A military operation would commit a mid-level officer when he (or she) would have the most effect on public perceptions, on a high traffic day. This can be monitored in real time, and they can probably predict it to some degree if they are monitoring traffic patterns at a site like this.

Again, we, R.I.M. and all of us in the regular commentariat, are being paid a compliment whenever the intelligent human voice of “deflationista” visits, especially yesterday, the most extended visit yet for this competent internet-propaganda officer, not just a “soldier”.
    I welcome these visits from “Captain Deflationista”, if I may coin that term. “Captain Deflationista’s” personal views are not identical to sparring information displayed in the line of duty.
    “Captain Deflationista” will keep a personal oker face, but I will address that dutiful human as such, myself.
    Again, welcome to our conversation, “Captain Deflationista”. I respect your intelligence and ability.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

• Why You Can’t Get COMIRNATY (Steve Kirsch)

Straight from CDC.GOV and current as of December 10:

COMIRNATY still cannot be ordered in the US.

Pfizer isn’t planning to make any COMIRNATY for US distribution over the next few months, while the unapproved EUA-authorized product is being made available by Pfizer.

It’s up to Pfizer to determine, at some time in the future, when the approved COMIRNATY will be made available in the US.

COMINARTY products are not orderable at this time. NDCs are listed per FDA Structured Product Label (SPL) document for the BLA licensed product. These codes are not included in CDC Vaccine Code Set files at this time. Pfizer has provided the following statement regarding the COMINARTY branded NDCs and labels:
    “Pfizer received FDA BLA license on 8/23/2021 for its COVID-19 vaccine for use in individuals 16 and older (COMIRNATY). At that time, the FDA published a BLA package insert that included the approved new COVID-19 vaccine tradename COMIRNATY and listed 2 new NDCs (0069-1000-03, 0069-1000-02) and images of labels with the new tradename.
    At present, Pfizer does not plan to produce any product with these new NDCs and labels over the next few months while EUA authorized product is still available and being made available for U.S. distribution. As such, the CDC, AMA, and drug compendia may not publish these new codes until Pfizer has determined when the product will be produced with the BLA labels.”

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/COVID-19-related-codes.html

Mister Roboto
    Participant

‘Captain Deflationista’s’ personal views are not identical to sparring information displayed in the line of duty.

So you are proposing we make a distinction between “Captain Deflationista” and “Cylon-Deflationista”? 😉

Mister Roboto
    Participant

I did notice one difference in “Captain Deflationista” as opposed to past visits. When they did a block-quote yesterday, they did what I do and “backspace out” the superfluous line-spaces the blog software inserts before the quote. In the past, I don’t think who or whatever this poster is ever did that. I’m not even sure that it’s worth pointing out as it’s such a very minor thing, but I noticed it because until now, I thought I was the only person around here who did that. (My Taurean Sun nature detests any sort of gratuitous wastefulness, even if it’s just space on a web-page.)

Peter 47
    Participant

@Red you are off by 3 zeros, your first calculation was wrong 8.49 billion divided by 365 can not be 2.39 billion , it is 23 million.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

About that list of airline pilot deaths, as Steve Kirsch puts it, “However, they only list the “new” deaths they heard about in each issue. So let’s not jump to conclusions just yet…We have a team of 40 people looking at all the back issues of the magazine and researching all the deaths. Stay tuned for what they find.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/are-100-dead-us-airline-pilots-trying

zerosum
    Participant

John Day
    ” …… objectives here for psy-ops.”

In a few words.

Name calling of a sensitive egos is an effective tool by the snobs to destroy and intimidate ordinary mortals.

———-

Omicron, our savior name, is being used in vain.
    Omicron, is a danger to the cash flow and must be harnessed to keep the cash flow going steady.
    ——–

Red
    Participant

Thanks P47. That makes more sense now. I gotta stop doing math problems when I first get up. Wait until I’ve had at least one tea!

Germ
    Participant
    Germ
    Participant

For those of you that have Spotify – here’s Joe Rogan interviewing Dr. Peter McCollough –

Mindblowing!

Germ
    Participant

“Pfizer raised prices because of increased demand.” – Oh, I bet they did!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/14/sunak-warns-over-multi-billion-cost-of-covid-booster-programme

Germ
    Participant

Did you know, Dr Eilish proclaims the vaxx to be ” fucking amazing”.

Thank you Dr. for those words of wisdom.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/dec/14/billie-eilish-i-would-have-died-from-covid-19-if-i-hadnt-been-vaccinated

John Day
    Participant

@Mistecommanding officer (Captain, though, not colonel)r Roboto: Yes, people who do not want to kill other people will do so in the line of duty. Their personal feelings are usually very different, and are spoken to therapists later.
    Manipulating public opinions in comment sections of blogs is a regular-military job now.
    TAE conflict-zone has been assigned a competent commanding officer, who sometimes engages the battle-for-hearts-and-minds directly and competently, as would a Captain commanding a comapany of battle tanks. Occasionally the Commander’s tank will lead some critical action.
    We rate!

John Day
    Participant

Oh, my, something jumped around and misplaced text:

@ Mr Roboto: Yes, people who do not want to kill other people will do so in the line of duty. Their personal feelings are usually very different, and are spoken to therapists later.

Manipulating public opinions in comment sections of blogs is a regular-military job now.
    TAE conflict-zone has been assigned a competent commanding officer (Captain, though, not Colonel) , who sometimes engages the battle-for-hearts-and-minds directly and competently, as would a Captain commanding a company of battle tanks.
    Occasionally the Commander’s tank will lead some critical action.
    We rate!

John Day
    Participant

Blog has photo of progress again: https://www.johndayblog.com/2021/12/proceeding-without-plans.html

Modernity is incompatible with planetary limits: Developing a PLAN for the future
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214629621003327

​ Did you read that? Did you read the title or the whole paper?​ (Thanks for the link, Susan)
    I read the whole paper, and I think it’s ok to just read the title, because the authors did not have a plan.
    Charles Hugh Smith, who has been a college-age construction contractor, guitarist, vegetable gardener, and lives/adapts on the corner of cheap and liveable, has a book out, which I plan to get, as I have some of his other books. (Susan is going to get it, too.)
    Global Crisis, National Renewal: A (Revolutionary) Grand Strategy for the United States https://www.oftwominds.com/GCNR.html
    I know Charles has done a lifetime of homework, as have many of us, if we put our experiences into useful context.
    I’m not going to say anybody has to read a book. I will posit that “Modernity is incompatible with planetary limits” is obviously true upon its face.
    Let’s Go!

I can’t necessarily adapt to a future without fossil fuels, but I am already adapting to a future of less fossil fuel, less transport of my food for thousands of miles, less reliable cooling and heating, an erratic economy, and schemes to get rid of me and take my stuff as resources decline. Concepts and plans are not enough.
    Taking steps while you can to be less vulnerable to approaching changes, with an eye to a fairly rapid decline in fossil fuel availability everywhere in the next few years.
    The rumor is “Oil-Crisis-in-2023”. It’s a reasonable rumor. The exploration binge ended in 2015, after spending a lot and coming up with a little for the 8-10 years before that. I remember Oil-Crisis in the 1970s, when we lived a lot closer to everything and had fewer cars, and I didn’t have a car at all. I did not even have a bicycle in the 1970s. It was normal to walk 5 miles to work and 5 miles back at numerous times while I was in college. I moved closer, though.. I borrowed a bike and a guy in a truck hit me, ruined the bike, cussed me out and drove off. I had to pay for the bike. I moved closer to campus and work. There are a lot of problems that come up that we can’t prepare for, but just have to deal with. Proximity to essentials and bike access are important. There is a lot more property theft in our Austin suburb lately. There are more desperate people.
    It’s hard to live in Austin; expensive. Other people’s problems become your problems when times are hard. Cities have a lot of people. Cities with a lot of people living marginally become toxic to everybody.
    We all have social capital where we are. Most of us have jobs. Building alternatives means extra work. Ride a bike for an hour a few times a week and think about stuff while you’re riding. Cook at home. Garden if you can. If you can’t, is there an option for you to garden somewhere that you can bike to, a community garden?
    I know that’s not a plan for the looming oil-crisis-that-won’t-end, but the grand plan is to get rid of most of us. That’s what humans always do when there is not enough, get rid of a lot of other humans. That’s what kings and rulers and nobles specialize in.
    The Great Reset, The Fourth Industrial Revolution and Build Back Better (without me) are all about that. Having digital currency on your smart phone tied to your social credit score is being beta tested in China. Bad citizens eventually won’t buy food, clothing or shelter, nor ride the train.
    Who is at the top decides who gets cut out, like Obama deciding who gets droned in Iraq and Afghanistan. “Mistakes were made”, they may say…

I’m advocating bike commuting, and being able to get groceries and get to work by bike in a pinch, growing a substantial vegetable garden, keeping beans, rice, onions, garlic, canned tomatoes, dried peppers, dried fruit, oil, salt, and spices around. Be a good neighbor. Spend locally. Use cash. Don’t shop where it’s not accepted. These are all little things. If you do them, you’ll meet other people doing them. We live in a big self-organized social economic system. When we make strategic changes away from convenience, towards autonomy and resilience, we reorganize the system a little. I don’t think we can do more than that. Big plans are like Fascism, Stalinism, and “You’ll Own Nothing And You’ll Be Happy With A Chip In Your Brain”. Big, top down plans always put all of the losses onto those not making the plans.
    People with a lot of valuable, mobile, unprotected stuff get hit first. Nobody steals sweet potatoes from the ground, as a rule. We can get around Yoakum on bikes, and Jenny could get around Austin on a bike if she worked closer. It keeps being a consideration. I usually do bike to work, but wimp out when it rains. Adapting your body and situation to the next stress is better than dealing with it through wealth, because wealth will be stolen. Vegetable gardens, cooking oil, bags of beans and rice are not things that usually get stolen. Bikes get stolen. Sorry. Bikes do get stolen regularly. I use a big U-lock for the frame and front wheel, with a cable through the rear wheel into the U-lock. I still would not leave it outside overnight.

After I die, I’ll leave behind a direction of endeavor in my life that may be helpful to those continuing the journey into the world of less fuel, transportation and manufacturing. I have worked out succession-rotation gardening schemes and use them. I am drip-watering with city water. This would be a lot different without it. I can’t go there now. Maybe another generation will have to. Dirt farming without diesel is really a hard life, and depends on undependable weather. The house I’ve designed, has windows to let the prevailing summer winds blow through to keep heat from building up, and will have a screen porch. It’s still a hard to live without electricity when it’s 90 degrees and 90% humidity at midnight. Maybe I can’t live that life very many days. Some people do, already.
    People who can’t live in a place under prevailing circumstances will move or die. I would not start this journey from Phoenix, Arizona if I could help it.
    I really expect a lot of migration in the next few decades. People from Chicago might move to Texas and dies in the summer when the electricity goes out. People from Honduras might move to Texas and feel ok about it. People from Chicago might move to farmland in the region. Most people can’t farm unless they grew up doing it.
    Charles Hugh Smith recently put up an article about when to move, now, or when you have to? You probably can’t move when you need to, which is why there are refugee tent camps. Maybe you can’t move now, either. Maybe you have family that you would house or that would house you. Maybe.. “Become the change which you would see in the world.”
    We are preparing a homestead where family can meet, maybe stay, if necessary. It has mostly tolerable weather except for those summer nights, and has a vegetable garden.
    We might benefit from rain catchment. We may work on that. Everybody around here used to store rainwater in cisterns. There’s no groundwater shallow, and the deep stuff is still no good. Czech and German farming communities moved here in the 1830s to 1850s and farmed, farmed it themselves, no slaves, no cotton.
    This area pumps natural gas. Texas has not been able to liquefy and ship much of that, due to expense. Economies break down when the fuel is too expensive.
    I kind of hope we keep having natural gas in Texas while I live.
    So I will keep working on the problems coming sooner, with an eye to general shape of the problems coming later. The biggest help is divine guidance. Boy do I pray daily for divine guidance, and really try to listen to that kind, calm and quiet voice.
    That’s not like “Build Back Better”, but I’m not plotting to dispossess and kill you, either. Just be aware of those schemes and work against them at every step.

Vandana Shiva: Great Reset Is ‘a Project of Extermination’
    Vandana Shiva and Russell Brand dissect the Great Reset and the motives and psychology of the ruling elite
    ​ ​Destroying people’s life support systems “is an ecocidal and genocidal instinct,” she said.
    Shiva told Brand:
    ​ ​“If you are creating conditions for most of humanity to not meet their basic needs, and creating a condition in which they can’t exercise their fundamental right to clean air, food, water, freedom, education or mobility … it’s an idea of dispensability equal to the idea of extermination.”
    ​ ​She said, “This is not just happening, it is being made to happen through deliberate action.”

Vandana Shiva: Great Reset Is ‘a Project of Extermination’

Susmarie108
    Participant

@cooch: it’s painful to watch the “smell of napalm” clip (or any segment from AN). The TRUTH hurts.

I married that soldier in the movie – or one like him to be more accurate. My guy was wearing a flight helmet with hand-painted words “kill for peace”; the door gunners nicknamed him “Death Wish” because he would not lift off until everyone running for his “ship” was on board (he flew UH-1 Huey Med-Evac). I was married to him for the final 10 years of his life (William Davis, died December 15, 2016). They were happy and sad years as the war never left him – even tho he rarely told anyone about his time/experiences in Vietnam. He was brilliant, an accomplished engineer and IT specialist, captain (boats!) fisherman, and brew-master. His 4th marriage (clue/hint) and my 3rd to a feisty rebel with 8 years on me. Early on deep anger issues surfaced – and we “dealt” with them. He did everything to run and hide from the war’s demons – an impossible task in the great unwinnable war.

What do the the Apocalypse Now clip, the Chris Hedges piece linked above and yesterday’s b&w photo from the Holocaust Museum of a dead child laying alone on the sidewalk as emaciated young people walk by – all have in common?

There is a TRUTH behind these man-made tragedies. It has been hidden from us, deliberately. The “hiders” will stay hidden if we let them.

That child, my Bill, – and Julian are giving (or have given) their lives in exchange for knowing/living/REMEMBERING an ugly TRUTH. I purposely watch the napalm clip, closely scan the b&w photo of the dead child alone on a sidewalk, and read informed/educated analysis of Julian’s struggle because I WANT TO REMEMBER.

What does it mean “never forget”? We say we won’t…why do we?

John Day
    Participant

Data Scientist Tells RFK, Jr.: ‘VAERS Is Telling a Very Frightening Story’
    “VAERS is telling a very frightening story,” data scientist and immunology researcher Jessica Rose, Ph.D. told Kennedy.
    ​ ​VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) data show 618,548 adverse event reports (as of Oct. 29), but that number doesn’t account for under-reporting, explained Rose. (As of Nov. 19, the latest VAERS data show 664,745 adverse events, excluding foreign reports).
    ​ ​“If you consider the under-reporting factor, which I’ve based on the Pfizer phase 3 clinical data — which is probably questionable data anyway — the under-reporting factor is 31,” she said. So to get an accurate count of adverse events, “you need to multiply the VAERS numbers by at least 31,” Rose explained. “It’s really staggering. We’re in the millions.”

Data Scientist Tells RFK, Jr.: ‘VAERS Is Telling a Very Frightening Story’

​A couple of friends sent me this. Long list of successful ilumni, indeed. Hi Bill. Hi Angela. Hi Emanuel. Hi Pete. Hi Justin. (Hi Boris? Oh. my!)
    ​Klaus Schwab’s School for Covid Dictators, a Plan for the ‘Great Reset’
    …In 1992 Schwab established a parallel institution, the Global Leaders for Tomorrow school, which was re-established as Young Global Leaders in 2004. Attendees at the school must apply for admission and are then subjected to a rigorous selection process. Members of the school’s very first class in 1992 already included many who went on to become important liberal political figures, such as Angela Merkel, Nicolas Sarkozy, and Tony Blair. There are currently about 1,300 graduates of this school…
    https://www.extremelyamerican.com/post/klaus-schwab-s-school-for-covid-dictators-a-plan-for-the-great-reset

​Killing people to steal what they have that can be ​taken elsewhere (unless they prevent you) Thanks Eleni.
    Afghanistan: Same, Same; Again, Again​ , Patrick Armstrong​
    The difference between the U.S. performances in Vietnam and Afghanistan is that in the first, the vehicles were painted green and in the second, sand.
    ​ ​Bill Ehrhart arrived in Vietnam in 1967 believing everything. His first indication that all was not as expected came when he wasn’t welcomed the way Allied soldiers had been in 1944. A couple of days later he was shocked to see “detainees”, bound hand and foot, casually tossed off a high vehicle by other Marines. This didn’t seem to be the way to treat people the Americans were there to help said he to his companion who told him to keep his mouth shut “until you know what’s going on​ ​around here”.​..
    ​https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2021/09/01/afghanistan-same-same-again-again/

No U.S. Boots – But Plenty of Arms – on the Ground in Ukraine​ , Finian Cunningham​ Thanks Eleni
    By sending massive shipments of offensive weapons to a rabidly Russophobic regime Washington is demonstrating its witting culpability.

No U.S. Boots – But Plenty of Arms – on the Ground in Ukraine

​All the stories say “The first person in the UK has died ‘WITH’ the Omicron variant”, AND what else, if I may ask? Gunshot to the liver? IV heroin and cocaine?
    Appendicitis? I would really like to know because all the stories have this beguiling little snippet, the same exact words, and no details.​
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59639007

John Day
    Participant

“Susan” is Susmarie108

phoenixvoice
    Participant

(If this is a duplicate, my apologies)

Regarding the zeal to retry “socialism” over and over, with new attempts to “get it right”…in my view ANY pro social “-ism” that is imposed on a population from above (I.e, in an authoritarian manner) will by default suffer corruption to a degree that negates any pro social intent.

There *can* exist pro social “authoritarian” structures, a healthy parent-child relationship will (of necessity) contain a measure of authoritarianism. However, there are biological (and often cultural and mythic) “checks” that exist to keep the relationship healthy. For example, face to face interaction causing mirror neurons and empathy circuits to light up, physical expressions of affection which cause oxytocin to be released, etc. These processes (and others) cause the parent to value highly the well-being of the child, and the child to want to please the parent. When authoritarian structures are translated to large bodies of people, there are usually no effective translations of the structures that serve the parent-child relationship to keep it healthy. The most common structures to be lacking are those that cause the “authority” to understand the needs of the directed in an intrinsic way and to value the well-being of the directed as equal to (or even greater than) the needs of the authority figure.

(This is not to say that every parent-child relationship is healthy — but many are healthy.)

Not every authoritarian structure outside of the nuclear family is unhealthy. There are teachers and doctors and pastors and coaches who exemplify healthy authoritarian structures. And many do not. I enjoy the writings of Diana Gabaldon. She envisions an honorable Scottish man, raised to be a small-time “laird,” who leads all who follow him with compassion and strength. I recognize that the basic feudal system had many structures and customs which, when appropriately applied, ideally served to help the “laird” to understand and care for his tenants. Of course, it often didn’t work as intended, and — as we are so familiar with today — when such structures involve too many people and too many layers, the “checks and balances” don’t function.

So it is with socialism. Here is one example. One of the tenets of socialism is “from each according to ability, to each according to need.” When implemented from above the results are deleterious. However, we see this come into play in our churches regularly and it functions reasonably well. Wealthier parishioners contribute larger sums, impoverished parishioners contribute few or no monies, yet both are welcomed and receive religious services. Sure, it isn’t perfect, but it functions reasonably well. So well, in fact, that it is a part of our cultural mythos surrounding religion. Yesterday I watched about half of the posted video with Gerald Celente. He spoke about his new church, and how it helps people get vaccine exemptions. The interview asked Celente if people had to pay to receive help. Celente stated, sure, there is a donation, as with any church, but if they can’t pay “ we still help them.” This version of “religious socialism” is not mandated from an authority — it spreads via culture and myths.

Anti-social ideas and myths can promulgate this way as well…however, let’s take away the coercion and authoritarianism and let people choose what to follow. The faith of the US founding fathers was that, when given the opportunity, enough humans would choose pro social ideas and behavior over antisocial ones. To be human is to have the ability to choose our behavior.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“To be human is to have the ability to choose our behavior.”

Amen.

Meanwhile, here’s how we “explain” and “understand” “science” these days:

boo

I fergit if .gifs work as .img here. We’ll see.

Susmarie108
    Participant

@John Day: regarding “Modernity is incompatible with planetary limits, Developing a PLAN for the future” – did read the whole thing…couldn’t help it!

Really appreciated the way in which the author framed the “problem”. There were ideas and insights that sounded different + a very comprehensive case was made for why we need a plan. Am for whatever it takes to get people enrolled/engaged in moving forward.

Your new homestead is really taking shape! You look HAPPY.

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    Rover
    Participant

So….”science” is still all Greek to us here (for now)…. when will we have to change to a new lexicon for our future?
    😁

chooch
    Participant

Susmarie108,

When science comes through and shows that the “vaccine activists” were dead wrong, will society remember that?

Maybe what stops us from remembering, is that we still think we have something to lose.

Feeling a CCR vibe.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

My father is 72. When my mom came down with Covid in Oct ‘20 he never tested positive, never had symptoms, but subsequently had antibodies to the Covid spike protein. He had blood work done again last week, and received the results today. Instead of waning, his antibodies to the Covid spike protein were slightly higher than the last time the test was done (about 5 months ago.). We know that my parents were exposed when they spent an afternoon here and my son had tested positive for Covid in Oct ‘21.

those darned kids
    Participant

doc day: a quote from bender’s last post last night: “It could probably be argued that your the morbid one’s”.

i think this terrible grammar was left there for me. bait, let’s call it.

this is my guess (although i’m certain to be called some expletive + body part for being so expletive dumb): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/77th_Brigade_(United_Kingdom)

The Brigade uses social media such as Twitter and Facebook as well as psyop techniques to influence populations and behaviour. David Miller, a professor of political sociology at the University of Bristol who studies British government propaganda and public relations, said that it is “involved in manipulation of the media including using fake online profiles”.[28][29][30]

In September 2019, Middle East Eye reported that Gordon MacMillan, a Twitter executive with editorial control over the Middle East and North Africa, is also a reservist officer in the 77th Brigade. Both Twitter and the British Army denied that they have a relationship or agreement. Miller said it was hypocritical of Twitter to close accounts alleged to be connected with non-Western governments while having links to the British Army.[31][32]

On 22 April 2020, during the UK government’s daily coronavirus briefing, General Nick Carter confirmed that 77th Brigade are working with the Home Office Rapid Response Unit “helping to quash rumours from misinformation, but also to counter disinformation”.[33][34][35]

On 7 May 2020, The Economist interviewed Carter on the role of 77th Brigade in fighting coronavirus disinformation.[36] The Defence Cultural Specialist Unit was used to monitor the internet for content on COVID-19 and to look for evidence of disinformation related to COVID-19 vaccines.[37]

chooch
    Participant

TDK,

At the end of the day, does it really matter? Just curious.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.