Debt Rattle December 28 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 28 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ansel Adams Church, Taos, Pueblo 1942   The Automatic Earth and its readers have been supporting refugees and homeless in Greece since June 2015.
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 28 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I breeze by most of the graphs, charts, and zig zaggy lines; because it’s all irrelevant for the individuals living out their lives. They’re for the fat cats; not us unwashed.
    The value, for those inclined, is confirmation of the insanity of the markets; all of them; and why we need to ignore them completely.
    It’s for those involved in that insanity, to weave their way through the matrix.
    I sidestep all of that with a very conservative view of that mayhem, by ignoring it.
    If one lives by the common economic wisdom; then that one will die by that wisdom.
    Because it’s all bullshit; of the highest order, I might add; and I’ll not engage that…
    Live by common sense in all things; then it all works out in the end…

Dr. D
    Participant

Again, the exchanges are not the blockchain. In a very real way, they’re not Bitcoin. It’s important to keep the distinction between them.

But then, I could say the same thing about the gold exchanges. They have no core product either, nor traffic in or deliver it. Or for the less conspiratorial, (even though banks paid open fines for exactly that) how about the Libor, or Aluminum or the regular cross-shipping of oil from port to port to create the appearance of shortage? These prices, numbers, markets, are indeed all bullshit and insanity. For profit by taking, not creating, a different form of insanity. Yet if men do not value the truth, what can they expect?

Dr. D
    Participant
    Nassim
    Participant

The best way to help genuine refugees leaving the Middle East is for the West to stop meddling. They do not belong in Europe in the same way that Europe (i.e. Israel) does not belong in the Middle East.

Here is a video showing ISIS forces moving out of Raqqa – through an area controlled by the SDF (a US proxy).

Fighters from US-backed SDF describe unimpeded ISIS exodus from Raqqa on their watch

And here are the Russians complaining about the US continuing to occupy Syria and asking them to get out.

Russian Foreign Minister: US Military Must Leave All Of Syria

The game is over. The whistle blew years ago.

zerosum
    Participant

What did the educated Canadians learn that I didn’t?
    Say one thing but do the opposite.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cibc-poll-eighth-straight-canadians-090000514.html

TORONTO, Dec. 28, 2017 /CNW/ – With interest rates expected to rise in the coming year and household debt in Canada still climbing, a new CIBC (CM:TSX) (CM:NYSE) poll finds paying down debt remains the top financial priority for Canadians in 2018, the eighth consecutive year it has topped the list in the annual survey. The poll results also show that investing and building wealth is increasing in importance, compared to more immediate financial concerns.

What about — the pot calling the kettle black.

Chris M
    Participant

Nassim,

How much do you want to bet that the story you posted won’t make the headline news on main stream media?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.