Debt Rattle December 3 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 3 2018

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jules Adler Panorama de Paris vu du Sacré Coeur 1935   • How Trump’s Bashing Of The New York Times and CNN Has Benefited All (F24) • Dow Futures
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 3 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I like Jules Adler’s painting; smog and all.
    Notable is the absence of the Eiffel Tower. 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

This from Gillbert Doctorow;
    https://russia-insider.com/en/world-can-not-afford-war-between-west-and-russia/ri25551

It seems inevitable; we’re going to war.
    The U.S., in its pathological drive for world dominance, will stop at nothing less than subjugation of Russia and China.
    As long as they think they can win, it will happen.
    Insanity rules…bye…

kultsommer
    Participant

Aaaah Montmartre in two recent posts.
    Yes Arnold, Eiffel was still there, to the right and outside of the painting frame.
    Challenging stair climb to the plateau where couple is standing is now days being distracted by the packs of migrants who are aggressively peddling unwanted trinkets to the anybody on site. Same as on other notable sites in the city.

zerosum
    Participant

The news that will probably affect me the most is from Alberta.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/notley-oil-cuts-1.4929489
    With a month to go before the regulations take effect, the response of the market, energy companies, investors and U.S. refiners in the coming weeks will be telling. There will also be hope that job cuts don’t come.

Western Canadian Select, or WCS, has been trading at a discount of more than $40 a barrel to the U.S. oil price benchmark, WTI

Why Canadian Oil Stocks Are Soaring Today
    The government of Alberta is taking extraordinary measures to boost regional oil prices.

My position is to keep the oil and invest in oil refineries, mfg and sell the value added products.

V. Arnold
    Participant

kultsommer
    Oh, I knew the Eiffel was still there, but not in this painting.
    It seems generally, that pictures of Paris include the iconic tower…
    The migrant issues in the EU are tragic; one can thank the U.S. war/regime change policy for that.

sumac.carol
    Participant

So true V. Arnold. So much “expendable” humanity – everyone is just trying to find their way in this crazy world – some have been graced by a better chance than others. For the rest, selling trinkets it will be.

kultsommer
    Participant

Arnold, sorry for the tower-misunderstanding.
    Mentioned migrants were from south and not the east part of the globe and generally considered as a economic migrants. The rub is that nobody knows or want to talk about the right answer to the number that Europe can absorb.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.