Debt Rattle February 19 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 19 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Utagawa Yoshitoshi Ariko weeps as her boat drifts in the moonlight 1886   • Nuclear War, Debt Collapse Or Energy Depletion? (Egon von Greyerz) •
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 19 2023]

aspnaz
    Participant

“This is a nightmare.” Under proposed law PL 5555 2020, Brazilian citizens could be imprisoned for 2-8 years for refusing mandatory vaccination.

Any doubt that Lula stole the election, helped by the USA, should be completely wiped out by his use of his powers to attack part of the population. Will the military do its job or will they continue to take US cash. We will see, but either way this will get horribly violent, as is the way in Brazil where you have the extreme poor and the mega rich facing off.

aspnaz
    Participant

I can scarcely believe I’m writing this, and I have been praying to be wrong.

Nothing like labelling yourself a prat.

aspnaz
    Participant

The Biden administration is preparing to sign up the United States to a “legally binding” accord with the World Health Organization (WHO) that would give this Geneva-based UN subsidiary the authority to dictate America’s policies during a pandemic.

This is the WHO funded and obedient to Bill Gates? This wil turn out like all other Bill Gates vaccination projects, with loads of people dead or permanently injured, but with Bill Gates making a ton of cash and flying around the world in his private jets as “Mr Solution”. Everything about Bill Gates is a joke apart from his ability to make money from screwing the rest of us over. Yet he lives in the USA and is still alive, which just goes to show that guns will not protect Americans because Americans will only use guns to stop a supermarket robbery, not the theft of their own home and their own health.

Oroboros
    Participant

Ventusky

Best wind direction and speed graph with a date changer at the bottom which lets you go to the ‘way back machine’ back to February 7 and the train wreck in East Palestine Ohio.

March through the calendar from the burn off event and see where the contamination cloud went day by day

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=39.6;-80.7;5&l=wind-10m

Oroboros
    Participant

So all Empire of Lies® weapons are also lies.

Designed for profit not performance.

So far no footage in Ukronaziland of an M1 getting ‘rested’ against Russian ATGMs so I looked else where.

So while noodling around I found a video of what happens when a Russian Kornet-E Anti-Tank missile destroys an M1 Abrams in Yemen.

A Russian Kornet-E missile (Cost: 6 Thousand dollars) destroys an M1A2S Abrams in Yemen (Cost: 9 Million dollars)

War is at base a game of industrial production and cost/benefit spreadsheets

M1 looks like a Loser

Empire of Lies®

Vietnam – Cut n’ Run

Afghanistan – Cut n’ Run

Ukronaziland (Coming Soon) – Cut n’ Run

Do ya see a pattern?

Dr. D
    Participant

I wonder how they make those boats. Different than western construction.

Tyler Wright, Real Estate: IF ONLY. Yes, unlike regular jobs, for a change you have actual possibility of profit, however:

Overpaid for house
    Zoning doesn’t allow repairs or rentals
    Market reverses.
    Bank Calls loan for collateral.
    Tenants get in, pay only 1st month, steal 6-12 while being evicted.
    Trash the place, return to #2.
    You paid taxes and mortgage that whole time, took 2nd mortgage on personal home to cover.
    Materials cost tripled.
    Property Manager didn’t do anything, left town with the money. Took 9 months to find out.
    As I bought the house on basis of Manager, it’s 45 minutes away.
    Spend 2h/day driving for weeks doing repairs, gas has quadrupled.
    Inflation doesn’t keep up with rents, which rise yearly. Doubled my 2nd personal mortgage again.
    State put on a rent freeze and halt on evictions, when it clears, the Judge takes 12 months in backlog.

It’s like free money! Why do we pay landlords, the fiends, when it’s only $25,000 for a roof?

Outcome: Owned house for 2 years, cost twice as much as sticker price, got 3 month’s rent out of 36.
    Lost my own house, became a renter to somebody else.
    Learned my lesson: didn’t pay rent to my landlord, racking up savings to try again.

Lesson: You can’t make money in a nation of immoral people with no property rights or contract law. They STEAL it, obviously. The only way for rich people to survive is to HAVE sound rule of law and PROTECT the people around them.

the collapse of the quadrillion pyramid of derivatives.”

They’ve been saying since Greenspan, 2002. Someday they will, but without timing, it’s not worth knowing.

“Europe just follows blindly whatever the US initiates without thinking of the consequences “

Does that seem at all likely? After sapping the U.S. to pay their military cost for 60 years? So they could get free health care? After installing European ways into the U.S. and Congress? No. So there’s something else going on.

““The entire Eastern Seaboard of the US may soon be pervasively contaminated by carcinogenic vinyl chloride & other toxic chemical waste.” Pray I’m wrong.”

I believe he’s wrong. Not that a sensitive enough test can’t detect it, it can. However, the amount has to be relevant. Contrary to me, they were reporting smells in the Hudson Valley and Long Island. I don’t see how that’s possible and the locations are very far from each other (~100 miles?)

Besides a few things: It’s not inhaling it that’s the problem at these diffusions. First, it’s not VC, it’s BURNED VC. Therefore it is dioxin and some other stuff. Dioxin isn’t dangerous at first, nor even later. It’s the bioaccumulation through the food chain that makes it large enough to be dangerous. …Not that there is any safe level for dioxin. However, the danger is a direct line to the upper right starting from zero, not on a curve.

Hydrochloric is sort of nothing. It sucks, but at these levels is just dilute, below vinegar. Its damage is in pH. Probably barely reaches rain pH of 30 years ago which did hardly anything.

So to me it’s the other way around: You could stay and take a very mild contamination, probably less than you get from splashing gasoline and mixing paint. However, later, we might find all crops grown, particularly animals will be gradually more toxic on a rising, falling bell curve for 200 years.

One other thing: 2/3rd of the country live there. Where would they go? Vegas? Arkansas? I think the hotels will be full.

“Baerbock, like Sturgeon, Arden, Palin, Bachmann, Haley, etc, all hand-picked for being psychopathic maniacs like Hillary. If I understand correctly that is far harder to find in women, or it used to be. Finding one this soulless must be like winning the lottery for them, and better if they are this dumb.

Why does this work? Why are they valuable? Because women and minorities are inherently morally superior and can do no wrong, don’t ya know. Remember how we would all have a Utopia, no war, and sing Kumbayah together once our leaders were women? You know, like Thatcher. Albright. May. Ardern. Merkel. Hillary. Pelosi. Harris. Feinstein. Nuland. Good, loving folks one and all.

Because if not, why bother? If man and women are equal, why prefer and promote the women? It’s only if you’re a sexist, hateful pig that you’d choose the gender candidate and not the best candidate by merit.

“which Ukraine and Russia have accused each other of shelling.”

Even RT. Can’t stop. Russia didn’t shell THEMSELVES, therefore it is a lie. When the/a/any reporter comes across this, he then flips to “ — I – didn’t say your mother was a whore, THIS OTHER GUY said your mother was a whore, and I published it.” No, custom and also libel law says if you do that, YOU said it. Don’t weasel out now. No wonder that side loses all the time: you can’t keep conceding territory to be nice and conciliatory. That would require good-faith actors and we have few. Tell the truth. It’s only a sentence — fix it or leave it out.

Who knew when they vaporized the job of Copy Editor, it would leave holes this bad? Ultimately the Copy Editor was the actual, in-the-room gateway to getting published or rejected. Now as USA Today found, wankers push “Publish” on hundreds of false stories, because pushing “Publish” means pushing “Pay me.” No one reads, no one checks, could be all word soup or written by AI, as we saw in 300 science journals for years before someone noticed. If no one is mad and you can’t be discredited, why not? Clearly I’m the dumb one.

“• US Fears China May Provide Russia With Lethal Weapons – Blinken (TASS) “

As opposed to nonlethal? He’s as smart as Baerbock, or Milley the other day stating “wars end in peace“. This is the same thing we do: just because we provide a billion dollar satellite network, real-time intel, and $150B to buy weapons with doesn’t mean it’s “Lethal” support. They’re delivering the Russians ice cream with it.

Chabahar Port may be a prime Iran-India affair,”

With underground ship-sized canals, etc. However, what good is that when the West is demonstrating they can drop an 8.0 earthquake any time they like? Here’s a good links to some of the … unusual events surrounding it, above how unusually lucky they were to remove all diplomats 3 days before.
    http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty021623.html
    Biden, suddenly lucid again: http://www.321gold.com/BidenThreattoTurkeyandHAARP.mp4
    (Highly recommend)
    Then the whole sky lights up like a plasma bomb, over and over before it “accidentally” occurs. You know, 3 days after they remove the Diplomats and a week after the same thing happens the very minute Israel bombed Iran?

Okay, next issue: THEY CAN DO THAT TO YOUR COUNTRY TOMORROW. 40,000 dead at a pop. See why you might want to go slowly now, not alarm Dr. No and make him believe he’s winning all the while he’s actually losing? Not start a Civil War and declare your Independence? Speaking of, here:

Here’s an amazing thing with two high-level, smart, Leftist journalists (but I repeat myself):
    https://rumble.com/v29yrwi-this-is-why-the-deep-state-turned-against-trump.html (Dore’s Channel)

Just AMAZING, jaw-dropping. Here’s a guy, can figure out Orange man is not bad, just Orange, and yet both he and Mate’ are like “Trump is an idiot. I know personally he doesn’t know anything. He never had a plan. Yet every single thing he did wrecked the American Empire, dismantling piece by piece. However, it was all an accident, and I know because of my DonaldTelepathy.™” Just wow.

Here’s an idea: IT’S NOT AN ACCIDENT. You’re a reporter: maybe somebody is up to something. Ever thought of that? Politicians who lie? Play dumb? Have a side agenda? For side people/influencers/backers they’re not admitting to?

NOPE. Not if it’s Trump. He can only be stupid. Amazing gap of “I realize Orange Man is not Bad, I’m trying to reach my (Leftist) friends about it”, yet “Orange Man is still Bad.” In a different way.

Man, I wish – I – had a spell that would make my enemies this blind. I’d teabag them. J/k, but it would be funny to be THAT oblivious. It would be like those shows where someone can stop time and walk around the actors in motion.

So not ONLY were the NeoCons exposed, the Empire smashed, but they STILL think it’s an accident and didn’t set off 100 more VC derailments and the New Madrid Fault. If you even SUSPECTED they could do this, can you understand the slow, tedious, painful strategy now? That’s wiping out all 10 State Capitals smaller than Missouri (Jefferson City, 44k). 40K at a pop. Or forever and ever and ever, like dioxin in the soil, or radiation from nuclear leaks. Sleep tight, sunshine.

..Now is the time to “double down” on military support for Kiev, he added, no matter the cost in “blood and treasure.”

And these are the guys who seem to have the button that detonates it. Well, Sunak, I’ll buy you a plane ticket. Or did you mean SOMEBODY ELSE’S blood, SOMEBODY ELSE’S treasure? He “Called on Western leaders”. YOU’RE a “Western Leader” you dum-dum, where are your tanks, ships, missiles? Where are they Sunak? Or are you not in charge? Are we doing this thing of erasing London forever or not? No, he’s an Anglo. Anglos get OTHER people killed.

Blinken said yesterday in Munich that 200,000 Russians have been killed or wounded. The BBC counts 14,709 killed.”

He’s as bad at math as Baerbock is at geometry, IT WOULDN’T MATTER. Russia is 10x their size. It would only piss them off. Unfortunately for them they ARE pissed off, AND STILL have those 200,000 men inside a mountain of unused tanks, planes, and missile launchers waiting for you. What can I say? Leave them alone. And us too while you’re at it.

“The Biden administration is preparing to sign up the United States to a “legally binding” accord with the World Health Organization (WHO) that would give this Geneva-based UN subsidiary the authority to dictate America’s policies during a pandemic.”

Because it’s reported, it’s false. NO HE’S NOT. That would be a “Treaty” which is passed by the”Senate”. And that treaty STILL wouldn’t supersede the Constitution. In other words: Make Me. Time to buy more guns, I guess. Obama was the greatest gun salesman in world history thanks to moves like this.

THEY can SAY whatever they want and often do. However, making someone DO it is a whole other matter.

Jones/Vax. Yeah we know. But here’s the thing: you have to get him out there starting to speak AND you have to make it look like Jones is losing, a kook, not worth eliminating. It’s Sun Tzu: you win by losing. You look weak when you’re strong. You move slow when they’re fast. You look like you’re going to attack and have a coup to make them look stupid and waste themselves. You reveal them and turn the people against them. Then you look back and discover: we’re out of ammo, the people are against us, have no support, out of time, and all the while the good guys were only punking you then playing rounds of golf, watching Shark Week, not up to anything at all while you’re chasing shadows with your hair on fire.

Looking back, can you see this now? Okay, what if you got up the good side of the military and started shooting up the place in 1998? Would that have won back then? The people on your side, reforming? The bad guys and their methods exposed and unusable again?

“Flashlight fish” It may be that our cells all do the same. Although not “visible” the actual, literal processes of cracking and combining molecules releases single photons, as it must. If nearby cells are “Aware” of this, they would “know” what the body is doing. And coordinate processes, homestasis, and healing. Is it? I don’t know but they absolutely sure as heck “Know” somehow. Doctors say they don’t it’s –Sciency-sciency-word-handwave — magic!

“in 2007, only 19–26 wild leopards were estimated to survive”

Unable to know what they don’t know. But I wrote it down! Here in this spreadsheet! No, all over the world “cats” are considered extinct, don’t live in this area, low numbers, only to find out local people see them all the time, possibly 10x the estimates. Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, others. They’re elusive. And totally extinct in the area until they drag some jogger off the trail in midtown Denver and eat them as keeps happening here. So okay, uh-huh. Was that a COMPUTER model?

Nevertheless, the habitat is most important; protect it.

Speaking of Science, yesterday had sharks that don’t need to keep swimming. Huh. And this fish which apparently doesn’t need any gills, or the gills of a 100-pound fish. Huh.

Lula: the U.S./Pfizer/WEF merger are sure in a hurry, aren’t they? Wonder what’s making them so edgy and rushed. And Bolsonaros’ still hanging around, well protected while Lula can’t leave the palace or be torn to shreds bc he’s so popular, ‘natch.

Just like elsewhere!

“The State of Global Democracy, US Is ‘Flawed’

You’ll be thrilled to know that Australia and New Zealand are top, total democracies, not even ‘flawed’ like the U.S. is … couldn’t be better, writing you from Camp Howard, hope to get out someday.
    map
    https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/18737.jpeg

They do whatever you say, right guys?

Oroboros
    Participant

Call me Debbie Downer but I don’t think M1 Abrams tank crews fare too well here.

More from the Mid-east ‘proving grounds’ in Yemen I believe

M1 Abram tank getting open like a can with the ATGM Russian Made Kornet

tboc
    Participant

RIM “These people are selected…”, good one!

Oroboros
    Participant

Cookies Nuland is the Whore of Babylon

Back in the day when her tribe went East from captivity back to the promised land, Cookies people went North to Odessa.

What better place for a Whore from Babylon to ply their trade than a Rus seacoast town.

She is the living Mark of the Beast in all it’s blood drinking glory, testament to the false god of Neoconism.

Dr. D
    Participant

Old article, but good diagram of how American corruption is done:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/tobacco-country-s-dirtiest-open-secret

Polished, systemic, deniable, explainable, no one can oppose it, erase it, reform it. Like other cancers it can only grow to death…or be removed completely by force. Without 10-day Bible revivals nationwide there is no middle ground.

Oroboros
    Participant

When Russia finally Facestomps© NATOstan and Eurotardistan it will dictate the terms.

Their will be no ‘negotiations’.

China’s ‘peace proposal’ is a dried out mummified fig leaf. A hollow gesture, they know the real score.

Eurotard ‘leaders’ are Bimbos and Jimbos

• Putin Must Turn ‘360 Degrees’ – German FM Baerbock

Wow the German public are dumbed down past all comprehension not to react to pablum headlines like that. They have passed the event horizon

Squirrels!

• US Fears China May Provide Russia With Lethal Weapons

You mean Thermobaric Vacuum blast rockets?

Got’em already, check.

“…risk of escalation in conflict in Ukraine for NATO is incomparable with the danger of a Russian victory”

The Russians already OWN ‘escalatory dominance’

• EU ‘Indirectly At War’ With Russia – Orban

Alex, can I buy a Clue?

Oroboros
    Participant

One of the ‘terms’ discussed by Dmitry Orlov in the podcast with Jim Kunstler is that a main Russian term will be that NATO borders be rolled back to 1997

That would mean Poland and the Baltics are not in the Alliance anymore. How sad :>(

Russia could go after them and not drag in the Rest of the West

Beat them like a drum ;>)

Oroboros
    Participant

Hey, Justin Turdeau really is taking the lead in polishing Canada’s image on the world stage

zerosum
    Participant

FACT OR FICTION
    (All that I know, for sure, it wasn’t me. I didn’t do it.)

In good conscience, I gather available evidence, and evaluate the info and the authors before arriving at an opinion.

My opinion/evaluation does not change what you will do or what you believe.
    I am entitled to change my opinions.

Pandemic
    Pipe lines
    Balloons
    War
    Train wreck, toxic chemical waste

Wars end in major fatalities and injuries, massive human, financial cost, destroyed infrastructures, misuse of diminishing energy and resources.

The WHO lost all credibility in the pandemic.
    ————

Silly little Annalena-
    Smarter than a lump of coal;
    Puffed up like a concertina-
    Dug herself a deeper hole!

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

Tanks with Iron Crosses to Ukronaziland

Russian company Fores, which specializes in equipment for oil wells, has announced a reward for Abrams and Leopard tanks, which the West has promised to provide Kyiv with if they are destroyed or captured in Ukraine.

…”Fores will allocate a reward to military servicemen for damaging NATO heavy armoured vehicles and fixed-wing aircraft in the zone of a special military operation…

They have promised 5 million roubles [approximately US$71,500]
    for the first destroyed Abrams or Leopard tanks

and 500,000 roubles [approximately US$7,100] for each additional one.

It is also reported that a financial reward will be 15 million roubles [approximately US$214,500]
    for the first F-15 and F-16 fighter jets destroyed if they are supplied to Ukraine.

Ivan Okhlobystin, Russian actor who very actively supports Vladimir Putin and the war against Ukraine, has also declared there will be a reward for Western tanks damaged in Ukraine. He has said that “some representatives of big Russian business” authorized him to announce that they supposedly “will have a reward of 10 million roubles [approximately US$143,000] for each damaged Abrams”.

The Ukronazi thugs and hoodlums will probably just sell the Russians this equipment for less than the bounties.

Hahahahaha!

Money talks, bullshit walks

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

We know that the gross aberrations that are products of the use of massive quantities of fossil fuels on a continuous basis will end soon and that we are headed for fourteenth century living arrangements (at best).

For me, the biggest questions are:

1. How much more damage will the agents of the money-lenders -who infest the ranks and files of the NATOstan political systems and bureaucracies- manage to perpetrate, both locally and globally, before the whole Ponzi, fiat money system collapses?

2. How long before we enter the period of rapid collapse? that leads to Peak Mayhem, the point at which fiat currencies -especially those of NATOstan sector- become worthless and all the systems [that most people in NATOstan nations have become totally reliant on] break down completely.

3. Will I need to defend myself and those who are important to me from a ‘zombie apocalypse’?

4. How much longer will there be a reliable electricity supply in the district I live in?

5. Will it be possible for my family to be reunited before it all collapses?

Yesterday I used 2 litres of petrol to get to a place where there were no people. I did encounter two other human beings along the way but for most of the 4 hours I was tramping saw no one and was able to enjoy remnants of the natural world not messed up by ‘development’d

Fearless fantails perched less than a metre away.

Along the route I encountered numerous pest species introduced by ignorant white people, including thistle, gorse and blackberry, and saw sheep (a non-indigenous species) from a distance.

Whilst blackberries taste delicious and provide essential vitamin C, their calorific value is low. Sheep meat, the Norman language mutton, definitely has the capacity to provide calories galore should the need arise.

Bumble bees just do their thing, both out in the wilderness and in my garden. They ‘love’ sunflowers. So do I. And so do greenfinches.

The criminals at Parliament and the local council haven’t wrecked everything yet, but they are doing their best to do so.

With so many people on Airstrip Five becoming ill or dying from the toxic jabs, one might hope that any campaign for forced ‘vaccination’, as per the World Health-rort Organisation agenda, would now flounder very quickly.

I suspect the managers of the business trading under the brand name ‘clean green New Zealand have more than they can handle on their plate, attempting to sort out the mess they created from Northland to Hawkes Bay. Fatguts, the so-called Finance Minister, announced yesterday that “58% of GDP had been affected.”

Even allowing for the fact that GDP is just another phony index, another fraud, that’s got to hurt.

That Bloke
    Participant

If you’re interested in the complexities of modern warfare and why it is so difficult for either side to make any real progress then I can’t recommend this article too much.

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/all-seeing-eye-can-russia-break-through

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Tanks in Ukraine.

Dima, of the Military Summary Channel, as noted (indeed emphasised) that in reports, no Uko-Nazi tanks have been destroyed recently.

He speculates that either the Uko-Nazis are accumulating them away from the battle zones for a ‘major offensive’ or have none left that are in working order.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Ya know, I think I have the same problem as Baerbock. Every time I swear to reform and turn my life completely around I find myself doing all the same stuff as before.

Kimo
    Participant

Da Plume, Da Plume!

Kimo
    Participant

How it appears at ground level.

zerosum
    Participant

A lot of work went into this report.
    You might change your mind after reading this info.

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/sitrep-update-218-major-war-confirmed
    Simplicius The Thinker

kultsommer
    Participant

Current edition of Vicky Nuland is more like disheveled house wife.
    Where I came from there is slightly edited term for that, which makes a clear distinction between someone who is a good mother and can cook a finger licking meal out of nothing and the one who is messy and lousy in just about anything but is a queen of gossip and intrigue in the neighborhood.

Dora
    Participant

To think the WHO wants absolute power over all countries’ medical/health systems anytime they the WHO declare a pandemic.

zerosum
    Participant

DeNATOfication | From Russia with Love

#rumour about NATO and Transnistria: NATO begins to play the “Moldovan card”, opening a new front against Russia. – On the territory of Romania, the movement of columns of military equipment towards Moldova was noticed. After the footage of the movement…
    Experienced units of the AFU are gathering in Transnistria. Especially active since the New Year. Conducted exercises and coordination, ready to start at any moment. The only thing is that they are afraid that the arsenal is mined and it will be blown up at the same time. Then buildings even in Chisinau will fall apart, like in Turkey. According to our estimates – tens of thousands of them.
    There is no chance to survive. The only thing holding back is the threat of mining the arsenal. But then they will blame the Russians. The arsenal there has ammo for one year of war.

Something is definitely up. That’s why they changed the prime minister, that’s why the movement with reservists in Moldova began. Everything that was needed was pulled off, and even the Special Forces have been moved from the Donetsk front. The local Russian forces have no options. Therefore, the only choice is to blow up the arsenal or give it up without a fight so that it goes to the eastern front.

Local sources via Grubnik.
    t.me/denatofication
    /5083
    162viewsedited
    Feb 19 at 10:27

jb-hb
    Participant

I was reflecting on how astonishing it was that a single train could do so much damage to the entire eastern US

Then I reflected how astonishing it was every time I heard about a single shipment of fentanyl being intercepted that could kill the entire US like 3x

Red
    Participant

“the collapse of the quadrillion pyramid of derivatives.”
    They’ve been saying since Greenspan, 2002. Someday they will, but without timing, it’s not worth knowing.

The markets can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent!

“The Biden administration is preparing to sign up the United States to a “legally binding” accord with the World Health Organization (WHO) that would give this Geneva-based UN subsidiary the authority to dictate America’s policies during a pandemic.”

Because it’s reported, it’s false. NO HE’S NOT. That would be a “Treaty” which is passed by the”Senate”. And that treaty STILL wouldn’t supersede the Constitution.

Matters not as they aren’t agreement capable.

Is it a computer model? Everything seems to come from a computer model any more. Meaning all projections/forecasts are less than useless, except for financial scamming the only useful part. Backing the lies from start to denial.

Oroboros
    Participant

Oroboros
    Participant

To Increase Mediocrity and Laziness, School Districts Eliminate Honors Classes

And tie heavyweights around the ankles of kids who are too fit and athletic to slow them down for the obese kids

jb-hb
    Participant

rest assured, henceforth no bridge you drive across, plane you fly in, boat you cruise in, building you live in, vehicle you ride in, will have been designed by an honors student.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Whatever is causing rainbow patterns (interference refraction/reflection0 is not vinyl-chloride, more properly chloroethane, which has a boiling point of minus 13.4o Celsius, i.e. a gas at commonly encountered temperatures.

Setting fire to it may well have caused some polymerisation or reforming into oily substances with a higher molecular masses and higher boiling points, i.e. liquids at commonly encountered temperatures.

Any of the chlorinated hydrocarbons that get into the stratosphere will become ODS – ozone depleting substances that exacerbate the ‘ozone hole’ problem.

It’s probably all relatively small fry compared to what is happening in Ukraine, where much plastic is being vaporised, one way or another, except for the people who live near the incident.

When did The Empire of Lies ever care about the welfare of people?…only when they are dropping like flies and cannot be persuaded to work in a particular toxic environment.

DarkMatter
    Participant

Harrison Bergeron
    “THE YEAR WAS 2081, and everybody was finally equal.”
    Vonnegut was a prophet.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

@mr. hyperbole (aka I know the truth, you’re an idiot)

We know that the gross aberrations that are products of the use of massive quantities of fossil fuels on a continuous basis will end soon and that we are headed for fourteenth century living arrangements (at best).

Humility and Hyperbole:

I am more fond than most of a good rhetorical flourish. Repetition. Floating opposites. One that’s not like the others. Reductio ad absurdum. And of course hyperbole. These are fun ways to make a point. It feels satisfying to express our ideas in such a pure form and the power they have over audiences is undeniable. Unfortunately, it is also unhealthy.

The pathology that leads to so much hyperbole is simple enough. Workplaces (Online Discussion et al.) can be noisy. When you frame your ideas cautiously and humbly it can be hard to break through. The pressure is even worse if you feel your job performance (Popularity/Profitability) in any way depends on someone, anyone, reading your idea and deciding to do something about it. So you ratchet up the language to elicit a response.

This path is clearly suboptimal. You may get the attention that you hoped for in the short term but at the cost of credibility and time when people make an effort to dig in and find the claims overstated. Thrash is compounded when the context around something you wrote collapses. There is no substitute for aligning more up front and sharing more complete context.

https://boz.com/articles/humility-hyperbole

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Helmer on Hersh:

SEYMOUR HERSH DEFENDS CIA IN PLOT TO ATTACK BIDEN RE-ELECTION – HERSH ALSO ATTACKS INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISTS WITH HIS OWN PLOT TO FEED THEM “CRUMBS”

SEYMOUR HERSH DEFENDS CIA IN PLOT TO ATTACK BIDEN RE-ELECTION – HERSH ALSO ATTACKS INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISTS WITH HIS OWN PLOT TO FEED THEM “CRUMBS”

F.S.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

We must take responsibility for the consequences of what we write. We need to be much more humble in how we communicate our concerns and discuss our ideas. We need to ask more questions to guide us to better outcomes. We need to make only measured claims and express openness to the possibility we are wrong even then. If we don’t, we may find even our writing needs to pass stronger review before it goes to a large audience which would be a real loss. On the other hand, almost everything I write goes through editing and my content is stronger for it so maybe that isn’t so bad after all…

Hi. My name is Andrew Bosworth but most people call me Boz. I’m a native Californian and a Harvard graduate. I’m a husband, uncle, and father. I like photography, writing, and generally creating things. I’ve been working at Meta since 2006 where I am currently the CTO.

I started this blog with the goal of sharing a few of the lessons I’ve learned in my career. As I have been writing I’ve found myself fighting a desire to make myself look better. A big part of me wants to present myself as some kind of sage who has always been wise. But that isn’t true. I learned most of these lessons the hard way. Shame is a powerful force in our society and prevents us from sharing our lessons. We protect ourselves from criticism but also prevent people from connecting with us meaningfully. Shame begets more shame. Maybe by me talking about these things people will think less of me. But someone else will connect with it and maybe avoid the same mistake, or maybe even share their own.

https://boz.com/about

zerosum
    Participant

FACT OR FICTION
    SEYMOUR HERSH Author/ghost writer

Irrelevant
    The pipeline was destroyed.
    The discussion/investigation is happening.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.