Debt Rattle February 2 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 2 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh Pink peach trees (Souvenir de mauve) 1888   • Trump to Release Memo Friday Morning Without Redactions (DisM) • Bank of Japan Off
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 2 2018]

Dr. D
    Participant

Since global temperatures are still plateaued for 15 years running, I’ll take the under on the 1.5c bet.

Actually, that’s unfair, as every model prediction they’ve ever made is completely wrong. Wasn’t NYC supposed to be underwater already and there be no snow in New England, much less 16″ in the Sahara? I think I saw a movie on that once.

Temperatures may be changing, but for certain these are not the guys who can predict to where.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Seasonally, we’re way below the norms for this time of year.
    The dry season here (now) is overcast, rainy, and at 26°c, when the norm is 32°c for daytime highs and high puffy clouds and sunny; not overcast for days.
    I’ve not seen this once in my 15 years here; interesting to say the least.
    This may well prove an interesting year…
    We’ll see…

Dr. D
    Participant

Houston, we have a problem.

TNX

Does that say interest rates just rose 25%?

Good luck boys. Hope you brought extra pants.

Tried to find your image, Dr. D, from source code, but no luck.

Dr. D
    Participant

As it’s an active chart, it’s probably feeding. It certainly wasn’t the best one. A candlestick chart shows it now-vertical. But it was here.
    https://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=TNX

Sorry it was CNN, I was desperate to find something that captured the motion. I hope that doesn’t mean it’s fake.

Guess this on TNX might come close. Scary graph.

Guess this on TNX might come close. Scary graph.

V. Arnold
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

The world’s biggest bubble is bonds, especially the UST.

Crypto commentators had a great phrase “Bitcoin isn’t the bubble, it’s the pin that pops the bubble.”

That is to say, the real bubble — phony financial assets that can never repay – has been pumped so high and is under so much pressure it’s looking for an outlet. Gold is the usual, but it’s been rigged and bolted shut. So although not all the wealth is going to get into cryptos — most of it is fake anyway — there are so many trillions in fraud even a billion, or in this case cumulative market cap of $500B is enough to drive these tiny issuances like a rocket. https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

You know how they say “In a bull market even turkeys fly”? Like that.

Not saying they’re good, like the .com 2/3 of them will disappear, and some others will survive only in niche use. But like the .com bubble we still have the Internet, Dell, Microsoft, Amazon today, and the Internet makes and flows a lot of money every minute worldwide.

The Pin, not The Bubble.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The world’s biggest bubble is bonds, especially the UST.

Yes, and the radiation/fallout will circle the earth…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.