Debt Rattle January 24 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 24 2017

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Cars being precooled at the ice plant, San Bernardino, CA 1943 • UK Supreme Court Rules Parliament Must Have Vote On Triggering Article 50
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 24 2017]

seychelles
    Participant

How about Trump signing an executive order prohibiting the Fed to sell any of its balance sheet other than matured bonds until further notice? This would be a great way of punishing (hopefully slowly suffocating) the Fed for screwing over the 99.9% with its policies for several decades. It would be a form of wealth taxation on the 0.1% who own the Fed. The market, not the Fed, dictates interest rates, so the Fed will see what it’s like to be on the wrong side in a “real” market economy.

seychelles
    Participant

How about Trump signing an executive order prohibiting the Fed from selling any of its assets other than matured bond instruments until further notice? That might show the 0.1% what it feels like to have a lot of skin in a game they can’t control.

Birdshak
    Participant

The book I ordered to help me get going in ham radio arrived today. Looking to the future.

Nassim
    Participant

Over here, in Australia, the newspapers are not reporting on the cold weather of New Zealand. They keep on blathering on about hot weather in Australia. I live a short walk from the beach and have only been in 3 times this summer.

New Zealand hit by ‘weather bomb’ bringing summer snow and flooding

Here is what the local paper had to say about Monday night:

Too hot to sleep? Melbourne swelters through humid night

They claim that the temperature for Melbourne kept on rising until 4AM when it reached 25C (77F). Well, I am only 10km from the city centre and it did not go up here. In fact, it went down to 19C (62F). The obvious explanation is the “heat island” effect of a heavily built-up area.

Of course, the temperature of that built-up area is used to compare the weather today with that of 100 years ago. Even then, the highest temperature was in 1939. What a farce. And people believe this nonsense.

Nassim
    Participant

I looked into getting a short-wave receiver a while back, but did nothing. Perhaps I should order one. They are very cheap and small compared to 40 years ago.

Nassim
    Participant

Here is a rather funny scientific paper suggesting ways of “inoculating” people against belief in alternative views on the climate change story:

Inoculating the Public against Misinformation about Climate Change

It is not clear who is paying for this research. Essentially, it all comes down to science being a popularity contest and anyone who is not mainstream has caught some sort of mental infection. :=)

Ken Barrows
    Participant

One should never focus on extreme warmth or cold unless it suits one’s purposes. Otherwise, if this data is accurate, it was a slightly warmer than normal day on Planet Earth (compared to recent daily anomalies):
    https://cci-reanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#T2_anom

Nassim
    Participant

Ken,

I fully agree, but the newspapers are always harping on about new heat records – while neglecting cold records. Scaring people almost always in the same direction. Cold is far more lethal to humans, animals and vegetation than heat.

“Why NYT Hid The Numbers For The “Hottest Year On Record””

https://thefederalist.com/2017/01/18/nyt-hid-numbers-hottest-year-record/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.