Debt Rattle July 21 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 21 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    madamski cafone
    Participant

Ukraine seems determined to start WWIII.

It seems to like starting world wars with odd numbers.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

I predict that once pandemic-hysteria “gets old” with the voting public and the Democrats and the urban PMC, of course, try to force it down everybody’s throat that much harder, the 2022 elections will be a lock for the Republicans. And there’s also the domestic situation described in this “TL;DR” video:

I don’t think I have ever been as embarrassed by any vote I have ever cast than I have been by my vote for Biden/ Harris. Hence my nickname for them, “Hide/ Embarrass”.

Dr. D
    Participant

CNN Today:
    “How to Watch the Olympics.” Turn on the TV?

” Ex-Army Ranger Weaponized Military Training” Do they not know what military training is? Is there some type that’s not dangerous?

Speaking of new-favorite word ‘Weaponizing’: ” It’s Time for Americans to un-Weaponize ‘Laziness’”

If only we’d fought the Nazis by ignoring them from our couches.

Worried About Anxiety Interfering with your Sex Life?” Yes, I always worry about anxiety. Then I have anxiety about my worry. Very helpful. And over a sex life? Hahahahaha. Wow, yeah, top priority for real adults, not you know, being God-spirits in a material world.

Other top problems for the planet’s most pampered, butt-hurt, unserious people: Paraolympian can’t bring her mother to work and is now a worthless human being. I guess being an Olympian doesn’t train you to deal with adversity minor setbacks after all. Young Pre-med finds out she’s Doooooomed. Cancer? Car accident? Whole family killed in Yemen? Nope, she’d have to be pre-med in the nation of her citizenship. A nation that really, really wants and needs doctors. An actress almost fell! But didn’t! A Team wore different bikinis than other teams. Aaaand top news story, front page? Swim caps. Wut? Huh? Why? Because, yes, you knew it: “Scientists Warn That Within 6 Months Humanity Will Run Out Of Things To Call Racist” –BBee https://babylonbee.com/news/scientists-warn-that-in-the-next-decade-well-run-out-of-things-to-call-racist Swim caps = the Patriarchy.

Thankfully, they also included this: “The Idiocracy of America”. It’s not only by Jeffery Sachs, poster child for ‘Idiocracy’, but he’s from Columbia too! What’s the article about?

Well in ‘Idiocracy,’ everyone is about to die because the population are such morons they don’t know how food is grown and have a famine in “burrito wrappers n stuff.” Thankfully an average guy with a modicum of common sense talks them out of killing everyone.

Jeff Sachs follows this chain of reasoning by arguing we must immediately shut down 100% of all fossil fuels that make nearly all food on the planet possible. Including his.

…But like I said, “Columbia”. And “U.N.” And “CNN” too. Pretty average day for them, actually. Almost smart.

Noirette
    Participant

Here we are reminded that the media that lies to us lies to us. Reality on the ground is rarely in fidelity with its media reportage. – madamski

The border between Switz. and France is open as usual. (Where I live.)

There are no controls for ppl travelling by foot, by bike, by personal motor vehicle, by public transport, bus, train and boat. All explicitly stated on Gvmt. sites.

No sanitary pass, no ‘super’ ID, or even any ID at all, is required.

Controls are the same as they were in 2018, i.e. a ‘reg’ fine for travelling in public transport without a ticket, if for the first time. A nasty fine for ‘bad’ contraband (drugs..), undeclared goods at the border (by car only.) (There are some xtra conditions but I can’t go into minuscle detail.)

Within the Schengen Area border controls are now impossible to set up.

The infrastructure that has been built, or mostly Not, doesn’t allow for controls. E.g. lines of cars, trucks, waiting to cross have to move fast to get thru, to destination. The staff to enforce controls doesn’t exist, was never planned for. Plus, maybe trivial, the controls would be a violation of treaties, agreements.

On the ground, even a 5m. delay for one truck may lead to massive ‘unrest’ to put it mildly. The borders make no sense, 200 to 300K workers enter Switz. each day, the goods entering, transiting, another story, can’t be halted, and nobody wants to hinder this.

The COV-19 controls / rules, etc. simply can’t be implemented. (Suddenly horribly ! stiff in France, whoo-hoo, low-key is CH.) So they are ignored. Which means.. many people experience the fact that Gvmt. hoo-ha and pronoucements are empty posturing, can blithely be ignored, don’t affect their daily lives.

For now.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“I don’t think I have ever been as embarrassed by any vote I have ever cast than I have been by my vote for Biden/ Harris. Hence my nickname for them, “Hide/ Embarrass”.”

I voted for what’s-his-face… Kerry in 2004. I share Mister Roboto’s shame.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“If only we’d fought the Nazis by ignoring them from our couches.”

The world would’ve been better off if we had.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@HerrWerner: your story was interesting and enjoyable. Thank you for sharing it. Also, I hadn’t considered that QC is expensive and not worth doing for many products these days (I can be a bit slow on the uptake!). Good point, and quite obvious … now that you’ve mentioned it. 😉

@Mister: “Hence my nickname for them, “Hide/ Embarrass”. Never heard that one before. Hilarious!!!

I’m embarrassed I voted for Obama (first term ). Was long past falling for his BS by the second term.

Percent vs numbers.
    This is likely the most utilized way to obfuscate- 100,000 going to 110,000 is a 10% rise, but a “10%” rise doesn’t sound so bad, while 10,000 is a large number of almost anything, so a fear-monger will say “there are ten thousand new cases!”
    But 3 new cases this week over one case last week will be reported as “a 300% rise in cases!” because 4 cases in two weeks is hardly a cause for concern, but 300% sounds huuuge.
    It’s been disheartening to see how decades of lousy education bears its fruit.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@my parents: YUP!!!

Also, Magritte’s work doesn’t do a thing for me. I must be missing something? Maybe V Arnold or an art lover on here can explain what they’re seeing that I’m not …

Bill7
    Participant

From Teodrose Fikremariam- ‘Direct Action for Freedom: Going Low-Tech to Defeat Biden’s Fascist and Social Media’s High-Tech Censorship’

“..Leveraging an almost certainly man-made virus, our government has turned America into a surveillance state in the mold of China. In the past three months alone, I’ve had my Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Reddit accounts permanently deleted for daring to do my job as a journalist and question authority. Just two days ago, our YouTube channel was deleted after I posted this video below where I extolled the virtues of unity and forgiveness. While there are countless numbers of people, including politicians like Maxine Waters, advocating violence, the ones who are singing the virtues of love are the ones who are getting torpedoed..”

Especially that last bit.. TF was another of the early ones to see thrrough the BS.

Decentralized Campaign for Freedom: Going Low-Tech to Defeat Biden’s Fascism and Social Media’s High-Tech Censorship

A counter-view on Vitamin D supplementation- seems well argued and documented:

Why I don’t take vitamin D supplements

TAE Summary
    Participant

* Covid Daily
    – Australia has kablooied the curve
    – FDA presentation showed the vaxx kills and maims but luckily the data is subject to change
    – Delta is more transmissible
    – Don’t talk to people; CDC now classifies Covid as an STD (Speechually Transmitted Disease); When you talk with someone it’s like talking with everyone they ever talked with
    – J&J less effective against Delta in Holland
    – US causus belli: Vaccination without representation

* Bits and Pieces
    – Media is unfaithful; We’ve been had; The galoots have one
    – Gates funds lies
    – Big Pharma Patents Genocide, sues US Military for infringement
    – Voters will elect Republicans in 2022 and Trump will be elected Ranter of the House
    – Taco Bell ingredient shortage results in Naked Chicken Chalupa
    – All power is solar power
    – WW 3 is coming but future historian will find that World Wars were like Star Trek movies: The even numbered ones were great but the odd numbered ones sucked

* Mathematical proof that Covid is almost over : Let f(u) be a gain-of-function. Then the limit of f(u) equals zero if for every epsilon variant there is some delta variant such that if u < delta, then f(u) < epsilon

* The Venn of Covid Vaccines
    – BE DE-AD, BC, DE ADE

* Embarrassing Presidential votes you might have cast:
    – Goldwater or Johnson in 1964
    – Nixon or Humphrey in 1968
    – Nixon of McGovern in 1972
    – Ford or Carter in 1976
    – Reagan or Carter in 1980
    – Reagan or Mondale in 1984
    – Bush or Dukakis in 1988
    – Bush or Clinton in 1992
    – Clinton or Dole in 1996
    – Bush or Gore in 2000
    – Bush or Kerry in 2004
    – Obama or McCain in 2008
    – Obama or Romney in 2012
    – Clinton or Trump in 2016
    – Trump or Biden in 2020

* When I use a word, Fauci said in rather a scornful tone, it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.
    – The question is, said Senator Paul, whether you can make words mean so many different things.
    – The question is, said Fauci, which is to be master, that’s all.

Bill7
    Participant

upstate: I do like Magriite, actually find his paintings fascinating. Lots of levels.. and little visual after around 1550 trips my hammer.

greco
    Participant

Re problems with wordpress, easily fixable by any competent coder. The fact that they’re not fixed makes them look like a feature. Makes the user blame bad code rather than censors for their posts not posting or links disappearing.

greco
    Participant

On the other hand. WordPress may just be a shitty product

greco
    Participant

Reading TAE Summary makes me think that we might be entering late state CCCP like state propaganda fatigue where state propaganda inspires jokes rather than outrage.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“I’m embarrassed I voted for Obama (first term ). Was long past falling for his BS by the second term.”

I am a little emnbarrassed but not much. Obama was smooth. Super-bright and articulate. But I willfully looked away when he cast his Senator vote for warrantless surveillance and gave the telcos a pass.

‘He has to go along to get along’, I told myself. ‘He’ll fix it once he’s in office.’

Ah, magical thinnking. Great stuff but don’t try to fix your car with it.

madamski cafone
    Participant

The counter vitamin-D, per a VERY quick skim, seems to say that vitamin-D can be counterproductive if you don’t take otherwise adequate care of yourself. Therefore the question is taking care of oneself: decent food, reasonable exercise, mucho agua, feeding your mind/heart with good input not media trash, somebody to love you if available…

…further scanning suggests that one is wise to balance vit D intake with other factors. Huh. Waddya know, Vit D isn’t a magic pill. I am SO surprised.

“Rather than taking hormone and vitamin supplements, it is more effective to stimulate your body to strengthen its own defense and detoxification systems. I’m not against all supplementation — for example, I believe that ingestion of phytochemical-rich vegetables and herbs is useful as a hormetic stimulus. But I think we have to overcome the simplistic notion that if X is a good thing, we should consume more of X.”

Is reasonable. It’s the headline that’s so awful. Almost like standard old school mainstream journalistic story distortion: lead with the “bled” (sensational headline), then bury the body in the fine print near the end.

He mentions rich in phytochemicals. Same principle he posits tregarding D applies here. Broccoli, for example is rich in phytochemicals and considered a major health food:

8 Health Foods That Are Harmful If You Eat Too Much

“ruciferous vegetables are a family of greens that include broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage and collard greens.

These veggies have been linked with many health benefits, such as a reduced risk of cancer and heart disease (38Trusted Source, 39Trusted Source, 40Trusted Source).
    Cruciferous vegetables make up a large part of people’s daily vegetable intake. They have also become very popular as ingredients in various green smoothies and fresh vegetable juices.

However, compounds in these vegetables called thiocyanates can interfere with the body’s ability to absorb iodine. This may contribute to a condition called hypothyroidism (41Trusted Source, 42Trusted Source).

Hypothyroidism is characterized by an underactive thyroid gland. Symptoms include an enlarged thyroid gland, weight gain, constipation, dry skin and reduced energy levels (43Trusted Source, 44Trusted Source).

Although cruciferous vegetables like broccoli are very healthy, adding high amounts to smoothies or green juices can contribute to a massive intake of these compounds.

People who are sensitive to thyroid problems should avoid consuming these veggies in very large amounts.”

This happened to someone I know who is otherwise in very good shape.

Nonetheless, the headline warns against taking vitamin D. JOurnalism is Sanskrit for irresponsible or malicious gossip. 😉

madamski cafone
    Participant

C”ruciferous”. With a c.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Magritte’s art is mostly visual metaphors for philosphical/existential dilemmae or other mysterious or confusing or vexing situations. This one seems to commenting on individual perspective, maybe with a joke relating to how the moon seems to follow us through the trees: each man his own indivudal moon.

In terms of visual aesthetics, he’s rather dry.

slimyalligator
    Participant

Dr Fauci on NPR today on ‘All things Considered’ How can you not love this guy?

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/21/1018882667/as-covid-19-cases-surge-fauci-says-more-americans-need-to-get-vaccinated

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Hm-mm….Seems like my post about Emergency Powers was too derp for TAE, or maybe since ALL U$ children are raised to love the velvet lined gauntlet, respect da authority & brainwashed to believe that Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia (or was it Eastasia) ~ Even TAE readers accept & love the Empire?!?

In one of my former lives I was part of the scenery in a powerful branch of the central committee of the district of criminals, where the apparatchiks are wrapped in black robes of authority & I often spoke of such rebellious topics as Natural Law, one specific party puppet in particular had an interesting opinion:

Me: How does Emergency Powers & the Statutes therein affect the federale jurisprudence?

Her: Well, since the executive can create law (E.O.s), and arrest combatants through extrajudicial action, we have to treat all civil action & prisoners based on what is politically expedient, that is now the law of land.

When this liar-for-hire was appointed to the prime palais de justice, even the hackette clan in the pompous presstitude area was flabbergasted at the choice of the low IQ comrade when the bench was loaded more erudite effeminate fellow travelers, but she was the model CRT statist marionette for the enterprise…

Since Natural Law implies strict responsibility + liability, I’ve come to understand that Nanny State progeny are re-educated to worship their masters.

Please continue on with the rants about the tyranny not delivering your every wish & dream, I’m sure that’s one way to group commiserate about all those inequities bestowed upon the Sheeple by your empowered tyrants 😉

P.S. Dr. Fauccist, if you can’t be a cute child EGO, and your illusions of being a cool member of the apparatchik in-crowd fail, NEVER throw a temper tantrum ~ It scares the other rotten child EGOs…

upstateNYer
    Participant

@madam: regarding Obama. I used to be solid democrat (actually independent, but NYS is closed primaries and I hated being shut out of primaries when registered independent). When I first heard his full name, Barack Hussein Obama, in advance of the dem primaries I thought, “no way can someone with that name win this soon after 911.” I was wrong. He did. I believe the push to elect Obama was a test. You can figure out the results of the test yourself.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Stop throwing the Constitution in my face, Bush screamed back. It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!

It is a perversion of terms to say that a charter gives rights. It operates by a contrary effect — that of taking rights away. Rights are inherently in all the inhabitants; but charters, by annulling those rights, in the majority, leave the right, by exclusion, in the hands of a few. … They…consequently are instruments of injustice. ~ Thomas Paine

FWFS

upstateNYer
    Participant

@greco: state propaganda has always inspired jokes. We’ve begun censoring our comedians in the US. Very unfortunate. Comedians are needed to help us acknowledge our, um, stupidity.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Veracious: “Since Natural Law implies strict responsibility + liability …”

The vast majority of “western” societies (what’s the PC term these days?) doesn’t live in a natural world dictated by natural law and we haven’t for a long time. If we did, when granny got too sick to contribute she would go curl up under a bush and die from dehydration or get eaten by predators. We live in the social system that’s here and now. Natural law isn’t a big part of it. Even our so-called pets don’t live in a world of “natural law” since we don’t let them go die under a bush when they’re old either.

“Please continue on with the rants about the tyranny not delivering your every wish & dream, I’m sure that’s one way …”

Specific suggestions for another way?

I’m getting more than a bit cranky with people preaching that “it’s your fault, you idiot sheeple” but not really saying much more than that.

russellnblbs
    Participant

Mm as others have mentioned reality on the ground in Aus is different from what the media portray. I think in the cities there is much more belief in the whole narrative and they all seem to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Amongst the boomers who spend all day watching the ABC it is also jab me as quick as possible, but in the regional areas of the most locked down states there is a simmering current of anger at the government, especially anyone under 50 as the suicide rate is climbing rapidly from all the lockdowns. I personally know three people who killed themselves this week while no one died of covid. The Eureka flag is starting to fly from buildings. There is already a level of anger with the government because of issues regarding the privatisation of iriigation water and it feels like a bubbling powderkeg. So please don’t take the urban insanity as representative of us. Urban Australians are some of the most rabid believers in globalism, cosmopolitanism and progress, so be kind because their belief system is crashing down around them. Many of them are more intimate with the streets of Paris and London than the songs of our native bird life.

DarkMatter
    Participant

This from The Hill

An Alabama doctor is opening up about her experience treating those hospitalized for the coronavirus amid a resurgence of cases, saying dying patients are asking her to vaccinate them.

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late,” Brytney Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, wrote on Facebook this week.

“A few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same,” Cobia added.

So someone is conscious and able to beg but they still get intubated which apparently always leads to death. Is this really how it goes?

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Dr. D: But who cares? Since the Federal level is about to go bankrupt and default, lose their money, power, and influence this year anyway.

Strike 1: Once the Ag/Au backing was removed the U$ Dollar (i.e. Da Feds Power) became backed by the people, properties, possessions & chattel of the United States of Amerika Corp., of which you are a minority shareholder ~ Which part of Amerika do you want to sell to pay off the Japs & CCP?

Dr. D: But unlike China, THAT’S OUR SYSTEM. State and Federal governments are not SUPPOSED to be doing anything, paying anybody. They exist solely to defend the coastlines and to prosecute murderers, keep track of land deeds. There’s nothing IN controlling the economy, medicine, education, communication, research, entertainment, sports…

Au contraire mon petit mouton:

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness (See John Locke 1690) — That to secure these Rights (i.e. Natural Rights for those that are clueless), Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the (Natural) Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Dr. D: NOW do you see why the Federal and State levels have to C O L L A P S E ? Cease to be? Become no more? Bereft of life? Rest in peace? We can’t have a REAL Justice Department until the fake one is wiped from the face of time-space reality and, as Kennedy said, “Is strewn to the winds,” for which he and Eisenhower agreed.

Be careful what you wish for, We might get it & lose EVERYTHING…

Actually, if the U$ofA-holes wasn’t a multicultural nightmare & the electorate wasn’t dumbed-down-to-succumb and/or enthralled with being subjects of a murderous empire, a new party could be created by AMERICANS to restore what the Sons of Liberty fought, bled & died for:

The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions ~ Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience. ~ John Locke 1690

With that said, it’s more likely the U$ofA Corp. will probably be broken in pieces & sold to the highest bidder, or has that happened already?!?

Archie
    Participant

In a future life, I want to be TAE Summary. You’re getting your mojo back man.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Veracious, responding to your response to Dr D.

AND?? Lots of talk. What are YOU actually doing? Do you live in the US? If yes, why didn’t you leave when you realized we are ” the U$ofA-holes”?

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Archie: agreed. TAE Summary is … simply the best. (wait, wasn’t there a song …?)

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Dark Matter: that’s simply sick. They’re grasping at straws. Sounds like a Sunday afternoon make-believe movie.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@russel: seems similar to the US. Good to hear a different Aussie perspective.Thank you.

Although, in the US when I see people wearing masks they are usually younger? From the beginning, at least where I live, older people didn’t seem to be into the narrative all that much.

zerosum
    Participant

problem
    no water
    no crops

​​​​​​​Record Droughts Plague Argentina As Parana River Hits 77-Year Low
    At Least 2 Iranian Protesters Shot As Water Crisis Grows: “Worst Drought In 50 Years”

result

Watch: California Shoplifters Stroll Out Of TJ Maxx With Arms Full Of Merchandise

russellnblbs
    Participant

@upstae nyorker alot of the oldies here watch the state news channel religiously and would jump off a cliff if it told them too. It basically is coming down to who watches legacy television or not. A lot of the younger people don’t watch it and get their news from internet sources or don’t watch it at all so a far less likely to follow the official line. And as I mentioned the city/country divide. Young urbanites are all masking and lining up for the shot but not so in the country. It is probably the same dynamic as America but the urban population massively outnumbers the rural population here. However, as rural folk are the only people that the government allows to be heavily armed it probably evens out. What a lot of Australians probably don’t realise is that one of our only constitutional guarantees is that of preventing civil conscription of medical services which basically translates into government can’t force medicine on anyone because treatment is always and forever a private contract between doctor and patient (pesky ancient common law strikes again). Hence the insane push for people to voluntarily get the shot and to pressure employees to encourage it. Plus you can always indemnify your employee re any side affects up to and including death.

Huskynut
    Participant

Interesting article on the conspicuous failure of the “Zero Covid” strategy across a variety of countries: https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/zero-covid-catastrophe-participating-nations-see-new-records-across-board
    It was always transparently magical thinking, which makes it so extraordinary the majority here in NZ seem unable to see through it.

Bill7
    Participant

>Interesting article on the conspicuous failure of the “Zero Covid” strategy across a variety of countries: https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/zero-covid-catastrophe-participating-nations-see-new-records-across-board
    It was always transparently magical thinking, which makes it so extraordinary the majority here in NZ seem unable to see through it. <

“We’ll stay locked/masked/vaxxed/boostered-down ’til we’re dead, for our Security and Protection.”

Bill7
    Participant

> “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late,” Brytney Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, wrote on Facebook this week. <

sure

they’re laughing their a**es off writing this stuff

“..said on FaceBorg..”

WES
    Participant

Huskynut:

In a way NZ is merely delaying the covid spread. Sweden sort of had the right idea. Maybe NZ will luckout and get a less deadly version. Only time will tell who was right.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

than the songs of our native bird life

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.