Debt Rattle July 26 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 26 2022

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

Yesterday Farmer McGregor said: “(I use the ‘deep litter’ method of manure management using high-carbon materials like dry tree leaves, straw, and wood shavings to capture and dry the chicken droppings. This ends up being composted or tilled directly into vegetable growing beds in the fall. Hello Dr. John Day!). Since the mealworms can thrive on old chicken manure, it makes sense to try to use them to convert that manure back into fats and proteins for the chickens. Closed loop!
    ‘Farming’ insects, especially on waste biomass, makes far more sense as feed for livestock, especially chickens, than for human food. Insects can be very effective vectors for various pathogens, parasites, etc., which cannot survive a chicken’s “hot” gut. Insects are, after all, a chicken’s most natural and preferred food.”

I like that kind of chicken manure, and accept it when it is offered. I completely agree on the feeding of insects to chickens. It makes their eggs taste better when they get all that real stuff.

I lived on my Grandfather’s cattle ranch (Black Angus breeding stock) for 8th and 9th grades. I raised a calf for Ag. class, which really made me think about eating intelligent mammals, so I stopped after that, mostly. There’s another story there…
    I did eat birds and fish for the longest, though, until 2001.

@D Benton Smith: I was going to ask you to tell your story, but now I’ll just read it.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Latest by Alastair Crooke. A very good one, this latest dated July 25, 2022 ( … I am unable attach the link because I can’t access it through our local service provider, … Strategic Culture (dot) org is blocked.

Ilussions of Superiority. What’s Next?

It will need a long catharsis to purge Europe of its illusion of superiority – as perceived by the non-west

F.S.

zerosum
    Participant

Are you a snob
    illusion of superiority…

What Is Illusory Superiority & 8 Signs You Could Suffer from It

What Is Illusory Superiority & 8 Signs You Could Suffer from It

8 Signs You Are Suffering from Illusory Superiority

You believe that good and bad things have a greater impact on you than other people.
    You tend to seek out patterns where they may not exist.
    You have a little knowledge of a lot of subjects.
    You have assumed you know all there this is on a subject.
    You don’t believe you need constructive criticism.
    You only pay attention to those who confirm what you already believe.
    You rely heavily on mental shortcuts such as ‘anchoring’ (influenced by the first bit of information you hear) or stereotyping.
    You have strongly held beliefs that you don’t move away from.

aspnaz
    Participant

Dr D said

But to cope? You need your life under control and a spiritual foundation.

I cope but do not have a spiritual foundation. I have a highly principled foundation nurtured into me by my parents, but not a spiritual foundation. The first lesson towards coping is to remove those elements of your environment that are destructive. Recognising those elements is easy, they make you feel stressed or bad. Of course, this takes self control which can be learned, without self control you cannot be happy.

For example, are you living in a community, are you happy that you do not know your neighbour and that your neighbours do not want to know you? The same with your relationships: think bad thoughts about someone – my wife is being too friendly with so and so – and sure enough you will destroy your relationship as surely as if she actually did have alterior motives with so and so.

The obvious example, I have not had a TV in the house this century as it pours poison into my mind, so I will never be happy with a TV in the house, even if I know it is lying to me.

Everybody controls their own brains so their own lives, their own thinking, their own habits: if you do not work to make those better, you will end up being a passenger in life, not a driver.

oxymoron
    Participant
    Veracious Poet
    Participant

Never has a country been so obviously flushed down the toilet to assist western ambitions, apart from Libya, Iraq etc. Ukraine is totally dispensable, the people are not a consideration, the democracy is being publicly raped, all to show the minions like us how worthless we are and how we have no power, even at the ballot box, even logic no longer applies to the minions.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Veracious Poet
    Participant

More people are calling out sick from work these days, which is a phenomenon NewsNation business contributor Lydia Moynihan calls a sign of changing social norms amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

“A couple of years ago, people came to the office all the time with a cold, and they were sneezing and coughing, had a fever, and you said, ‘Oh, I hope you get better soon,’ and you maybe tried to stay far away from them,” Moynihan said on “Morning in America.”

However, these days, after dealing with coronavirus, she said, someone with those symptoms “wouldn’t be allowed to come into the office.”

“I think we have such a different perspective of what is appropriate in terms of illness at an office, and I think that’s really driving this change,” Moynihan said.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/more-people-calling-out-sick-from-work-data-shows/

Buttgeig edges out Biden among Democrats in New Hampshire poll

https://ktla.com/news/buttigieg-edges-out-biden-among-democrats-in-new-hampshire-poll/

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Poodle barking and growling! Snip:

We should increase defence spending and maintain military superiority. The USA has still far and away the world’s largest and best-equipped military. But it, and we, should be superior enough to cater for any eventuality or type of conflict and in all areas. The Americans are catching up fast in hypersonic-missile capability; but the fact that they need to should teach us a lesson.

Cybersecurity is the new defence frontier. It demands a globally coordinated response.

Second, the West has been lamentable in the “soft power” space in these last years, though thankfully, there are indications that the Biden administration is correcting course. I see this continually with my Institute working all over Africa and in South-East Asia. Not only China but Russia, Turkey, even Iran have been pouring resources into the developing world and putting down thick roots in the defence and political spheres. Meanwhile the West and the international institutions it controls have been bureaucratic, unimaginative and often politically intrusive without being politically effective.

Yet we have a great opportunity. Developing countries prefer Western business. They’re much more sceptical now of Chinese contracting than a decade ago. They admire the Western system more than we realise.

But we need to make our institutions and governments more agile, more responsive to countries’ real needs, and coordinate together. Just one example: in the SAHEL region, there awaits the next explosion of immigration and extremism. We should be gearing up now to prevent it.

… the whole thing:

Tony Blair’s Speech: After Ukraine, What Lessons Now for Western Leadership?

Speech Posted on: 16th July 2022

F.S.

https://institute.global/tony-blair/tony-blairs-speech-after-ukraine-what-lessons-now-western-leadership

Veracious Poet
    Participant

SeaBirds
    Participant

RIM re NordStream1 gas turbine repairs:

“The whole system needs repair, not just one turbine.”

Russia:. You won’t turn on NordStream2 so don’t expect an easy ride with NordStream1

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m quasi surprised no one commented on that wonderful picture of the Jaguar on the tree…
    Nature never ceases to surprise; humans less so…

WES
    Participant

V. Arnold:

I showed the picture to my Wife this morning and we both agreed it was an amazing picture as the cat blended in perfectly with the tree trunk. But since this cat is minding it’s own business and not trying to cram “wokeness” down our throats, we simply enjoyed the magic moment in time that the picture captured for us.

SeaBirds
    Participant

WES

We had the exact same experience this morning and declared that the picture was as stunning as the eagle the other day.

V Arnold
    “Nature never ceases to surprise; humans less so…”

You’re so right 🙂

V. Arnold
    Participant

Wes
    Sea Birds

Thanks for the comments; happy I’m not the only one enjoying these moments in time…

WES
    Participant

Daddy, why is it so cold in here?
    Because of sanctions we imposed on Russia.
    Why?
    To punish the Russians.
    Daddy, are we Russians ?

zerosum
    Participant

Wow!
    I only saw a tuff of hair as I skimmed the tree. After checking it twice, it was his tail.
    Its going to be too hot to sleep tonight.

John Day
    Participant

I liked the jaguar, and the girl with the blue pants was cool, too.
    🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.