Debt Rattle June 16 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 16 2017

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Dora Maar au chat 1941   • ‘It’s A ‘Scary’ Time With A Global Crisis On The Way’ (CNBC) • Angry Trump Decries Being Target Of Russi
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 16 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Where’s the outrage? The North American countries, US and Canada, along with the EU; are exploiting their own citizens into poverty!
    Where’s the bloody outrage?
    I bloody left for a “3rd” world (okay, emerging) country, rather than take the rape attempted against me and my fellow citizens…

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Outrage? We cover it every day. As Michael Moore said, the people would elect anybody to give the biggest F-U in history to the elite and the present system. In some ways, an outrage better placed than just kvetching on chat boards.

But…is what it is.

olo530
    Participant

The North American countries, US and Canada, along with the EU; are exploiting their own citizens into poverty!

Poverty in the US, Canada, and EU… How cute.
    Oh, you mean they have to share home with other members of their extended family, cook for themselves, and wear the same clothes over and over again! That kind of poverty… The horrors!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh, you mean they have to share home with other members of their extended family, cook for themselves, and wear the same clothes over and over again! That kind of poverty… The horrors!

Oh, that’s cute! You’re the last person to lecture me about poverty, anywhere.
    Hundreds of thousands homeless, freezing to death in the winter, sick with no access to health care.
    My chosen country has poverty that exceeds the U.S. (per capita), for the most part; but it’s tropical, free food everywhere and shelter can be a tarp, and, importantly, healthcare for everybody.
    But, that’s not my point; Usians are beaten down and have lost their spirit.

olo530
    Participant

The same “Usians” that contributed to every major human made disaster since WWII are beaten down and lost their spirit? My heart is broken. Let’s put our heads together and figure out how to make them feel empowered again. Who’s the next they should take from to keep the party going? If only they had another planet to plunder…

seychelles
    Participant

Who’s the next they should take from to keep the party going?

The “they” you mistakenly refer to are neoPalestinians in the making. The “they” you should be referring to is the Zioglobalist US deep state.

V. Arnold
    Participant

olo530

Look, we’re probably on the same page; Usian’s (average citizens) may be lazy, but are not directly responsible for the carnage generated by their government.
    And yes; if they had another planet to plunder; but they don’t!
    And, this planet is starting to rebel against the U.S. hegemon; coming soon; the devolving of the U.S. into irrelevance as China, Russia, BRICKS, and the Shanghai economic bloc smack them down, coming soon…

olo530
    Participant

Sorry, seychelles, are you saying we are all victims of the “Zioglobalist US deep state”, Americans, Europeans,Iraqis, and Libyans alike? In that case I disagree. I think the golden billion enjoyed the proceeds of crime and willful ignorance is poor defence. The only thing that upsets them is that their overindulgence is getting less obscene (which they even perceive as poverty), not at who’s expense they live longer and consume more than anyone else in the world.

olo530
    Participant

V. Arnold,
    I don’t know about the US devolution into irrelevance… Remember that joke about two hikers and a bear? The same way the US doesn’t need to outrun the collapse, it just needs to outrun China. But as I said, I don’t know. Russia? Please, enough with this nonsense. Compare their GDP to the state of New York. Their Central Bank is fully integrated into and controlled by western financial system. Their elite gave up on them and moved their money abroad. Stop talking about Russia and it will take its rightful place next to Mexico and Nigeria. But then again, there might be forces at work that I don’t know about… Let’s keep reading this site.

seychelles
    Participant

olo530
    I cannot argue that Americans do not have an at least subconscious element of hypocrisy to their thinking but they have been subjected to enormous mass media and educational brainwashing by very tenacious and expanding shadow elements that are inherently disloyal to what the USA is traditionally supposed to stand for. Most of the wealth that “neoliberal” policies have stolen from other countries AND the USA has not gone to enriching American people. It has been plowed back into military expenses and bringing the joys of “capitalism” and “democracy” to more and more vulnerable nations around the globe…and been sequestered offshore in many tax-avoidance schemes by corporations and the 1%. All while destroying the US middle class and removing any realistic vestige of hope for children who are not born into wealthy (read connected) families.
    You do not seem to realize the extent to which the living standards, health and security of most Americans have fallen over the past several generations. Our ecosystems and natural resources are being plundered and are being subjected to offshore ownership much as “we” have done to many third world countries. But most of this has been done sub rosa, as our “leaders” …many non-elected bureaucrats… doing it know that the average American would not stand for it if it was out in the open. I have had close experience with these nutcases in my experiences in science, medicine and the arts. It took me awhile to realize how single-minded, savage and controlling these antihumans are. You are naive if you think that the Zioglobalist cabal has not poisoned and coopted the innards of all of the major Western democracies. By blaming the effects of disastrous one-world globalist “neoliberal” policies upon an abstract “America” you deflect responsibility from its true source.

olo530
    Participant

Blame it on the “Zioglobalist cabal” if that helps you live with yourself. The rest of us remember that the country was build on the genocide of Native Americans and slave trade. That’s what the US stands for. And Northern Europe is exactly the same, so I don’t limit it to abstract “America”, it’s just a convenient shorthand. Trace those attitudes all the way back to the 16th century enclosures in England and you will see where your nation was born. And yes, legalizing usury helped things along, so maybe there is some echo of truth in what you’re saying.

seychelles
    Participant

I don’t limit it to abstract “America”, it’s just a convenient shorthand.

Words have meaning and you should understand them and use them precisely. Improper use of words, especially repeated ad nauseum, promotes the confused mental state known as cognitive dissonance which is used as a potent weapon by the Zioglobalists and their useful idiot minions in the educational and mass media systems in order to keep the 99% stupefied and pliable.
    You have a lot to learn if you doubt the reality of the Zioglobalist cabal. BTW I live with myself very comfortably, am in my early 70s, of lower proletarian stock and earned my financial security honestly and reasonably by helping other people in a primary way. I am also 1/8 Creek Indian and had the privilege of marching with Dr. King in the 60s. You seem to have very utopian expectations of humanity. We are highly imperfect creatures and the best we can hope for unless we undergo some dramatic behavioral evolution is that the good will most of the time outweigh the bad. Look carefully at the history of any country in the world and you will find that their ancestors were far from saints. Cheers.

V. Arnold
    Participant

olo530
    Their Central Bank is fully integrated into and controlled by western financial system. Their elite gave up on them and moved their money abroad.

That is tacitly not true.
    Elvira Nabulina (finance minister) has steered Russia’s economy from 10%+ inflation to the high 4% range; her target by the way. They have also created their own SWIFT for international currency transactions as well as dumped the dollar for gas and oil transactions.
    I find it somewhat befuddling when people speak about Russia’s GDP and make ludicrous comparisons to countries like Mexico.
    I’d strongly suggest you do a little more in depth research into Russia’s economic health.
    Putin, with Nabulina’s help has been guiding the economy to extraordinay health when conpared to neo-liberal EU and the U.S..
    What is most important to understand is the fact Russia is 90% (maybe more) self sustaining; which is to say; most of what they use comes from within their own borders.
    Don’t forget; first to launch a satelite; first man in space; first space walk; first woman in space; need I go on?
    While the U.S. drastically outspends Russia on its military; the U.S. wastes a huge percentage on corruption and incompetence to ultimately get defective military hardware.
    It should be blatently obvious what Russia’s military has accomplished if one is paying any attention to what’s going on in Syria; and, they do it at a fraction of the cost of the U.S. military.

V. Arnold
    Participant

^ Oh, and may I also add; Russia has capital reserves of almost $500 billion dollars. That’s U.S. dollars!
    How about them apples?

seychelles
    Participant

Their elite gave up on them and moved their money abroad.

Actually, their traitorous politicians who were willing to throw the country under the neoliberal steamroller took their sleazy payoff money and got out while they could when the Zioglobalist algorithm stopped working “so well”. Nothing elite about them except what Mafiaesque money could buy.

olo530
    Participant

V. Arnold, are you talking about Russian foreign exchange reserves? Yeah, they are $400 billion as of April 2017. Down from $598 billion in August 2008. Taiwan is doing better with $435 billion, if you believe Wikipedia. By itself means nothing. I’m more impressed with their dept to GDP ratio. It’s a healthy little economy they are running. If they keep at it they might surpass Canada one day.
    All that cool stuff they did in the 60-s, like first man in space and all – that was Soviet Union. And it’s gone, no more. They lost all their markets for anything value added, only raw resources are still going. Their male life expectancy dipped below 58 for a short spell. Factories were privatized and sold for scraps. You can read all about it in “Reinventing Collapse” by Dmitry Orlov.
    Russia is not “90% (maybe more) self sustaining”. You are probably thinking North Korea. Russia cannot even feed itself. They had record grain exports, but dig a bit deeper – they are importing milling-value grain and exporting forage grain. They are also importing seeding material and red meat. “Made in Russia” cars are assembled from imported parts. Practically everything, apart from military equipment and rocket engines – they import. Or import key components, ingredients, precursors, etc. But they do export rocket engines, so maybe not all is lost for them.

olo530
    Participant

Nothing elite about them except what Mafiaesque money could buy.

Which is pretty typical for a developing country. My whole point was that Russia’s shouldn’t be on the list of countries “smacking down” the US. They are operating on different scales. All I’m saying.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.