Debt Rattle June 30 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 30 2019

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

• Trump Invites Kim Jong-Un to the White House (BI) • China Warns Of Long Road Ahead For Deal With US After Ice-Breaking Talks (R.) • Russia an
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 30 2019]

John Day
    Participant

My sends to 180 bcc newsie-friends are consistently blocked. I use gmail. The blog I started in the 2016 primaries for this obstruction still works, as far as I can see. Lemme’ know if you can see it, too.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/06/political-popularity.html
    ​Caitlin Johnstone paints Kamala Harris as having attributes of Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi combined. She’s ​the neoliberal oligarch’s dream.
    ​ ​California Senator Kamala Harris won the Democratic presidential debate last night. It was not a close contest. She will win every debate she enters during this election cycle. If she becomes the nominee, she will win every debate with Trump…
    ​ ​The moment everyone’s talking about was when Harris created a space for herself to attack Biden on his citing his collaboration with segregationists as an example of his ability to reach across the aisle and “get things done”. Harris had not been called upon to speak, and once given the go-ahead by moderator Rachel Maddow after interjecting went way beyond the 30 seconds she’d been allotted in tearing Biden apart. She skillfully took control of the stage and engineered the entire space for the confrontation by sheer dominance of personality, and Biden had no answer for it.
    ​ ​That’s the moment everyone’s talking about. But Harris had already been owning the debate prior to that.
    ​ ​The goal of a political debate is to make yourself look appealing and electable to your audience. You can do that by having a very good platform, or you can do it with charisma and oratory skills. It turns out that Kamala Harris is really, really good at doing the latter. She made frequent and effective appeals to emotion, she built to applause lines far more skillfully than anyone else on the stage, she kept her voice unwavering and without stammer, she made herself look like a leader by admonishing the other candidates to stop talking over each other, and she hit all the right progressive notes you’re supposed to hit in such a debate.

Kamala Harris Is An Oligarch’s Wet Dream

​Harris was born to two high level elites from foreign countries, who were good enough to be recruited to the US. Her mother is an Indian breast cancer research scientist. Her father is a Jamaican born Economics Professor at Stanford University. Still, she is able to assume the cloak of racial underdog in America. Here is the Wikipedia read, which is fairly careful to avoid saying anything negative, but you may draw your own inferences about her political progression, and stances when she played various roles. She works hard to not be open to attack, and counterattacks for the jugular.​ (Wanna’ attack her?)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris

This was the the first political attack against Kamala:
    Kamala Harris launched political career with $120K ‘patronage’ job from boyfriend Willie Brown
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/kamala-harris-launched-political-career-with-120k-patronage-job-from-boyfriend-willie-brown

How Kamala won her first election against that attack on her relationship with Willie Brown’s power machine:
    ​ S​o, when an audience member inside the church asked how, if elected district attorney, she could operate independently from Brown’s political machine, Harris was ready with not just an answer, but a counterpunch. “Make them understand that if they’re going to try to hurt you, they’re going to get more hurt,” Stearns said he counseled her.
    ​ ​“That was her cue,” Stearns said. Harris dismissed the question for its negativity while highlighting the most salacious elements of her opponents’ records, displaying a mix of flint and charisma that would one day lead her supporters to believe she could become president of the United States.
    ​ ​As Stearns tells it, Harris rose from her seat at the front of the sanctuary and stepped behind Terence Hallinan, the incumbent who billed himself as “America’s most progressive district attorney.” She told the audience, “You know Terence Hallinan has attacked Bill Fazio for being caught in a massage parlor,” a reference to a 1998 raid. Fazio, a former prosecutor who had run two close races against Hallinan and was now taking a third shot at the office, maintained he was there to conduct interviews for a legal case he was working on. He was never charged with any crime.
    ​ ​Then, Harris walked behind Fazio, Stearns said, and recounted the times her opponent had criticized Hallinan “for people having sex in his office,” referring to an incident in which two of Hallinan’s prosecutors were found in flagrante delicto inside the building.
    ​ ​“And then she walked back to the middle and said, ‘I want to make a commitment to you that my campaign is not going to be about negative attacks,’” said Stearns, who is still a Democratic strategist in the city. “’I believe we need to talk about the issues and the policies and the way we’re going to move our criminal justice system forward.”
    ​ ​The response was immediate. “People just jumped on their feet and gave her a standing ovation,” Stearns said. “And I was at the back of the church, and the look on the face of Terence Hallinan and Bill Fazio was, ‘Oh, shit.’’
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/01/24/kamala-harris-2020-history-224126

​Eleni sent this excellent, long interview with Vladimir Putin, by London’s Financial Times.​
    ​ “​What is happening in the West? What is the reason for the Trump phenomenon, as you said, in the United States? What is happening in Europe as well? The ruling elites have broken away from the people. The obvious problem is the gap between the interests of the elites and the overwhelming majority of the people.
    ​ ​Of course, we must always bear this in mind. One of the things we must do in Russia is never to forget that the purpose of the operation and existence of any government is to create a stable, normal, safe and predictable life for the people and to work towards a better future.
    ​ ​There is also the so-called liberal idea, which has outlived its purpose. Our Western partners have admitted that some elements of the liberal idea, such as multiculturalism, are no longer tenable.​”
    ​http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/60836

​The very next thing I looked at, after reading that interview for an hour was Moon of Alabama, which excerpts that same interview, picking out the same points I picked out (how gratifying!).
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/06/russias-president-putin-explains-the-end-of-the-liberal-order.html#more

John Day
    Participant

The Forever War is so Normalized, that Opposing it is “Isolationism”.
    Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard is not “isolationist”.​ Caitlin Johnstone
    Calling an aversion to endless military violence “isolationism” is the same as calling an aversion to mugging people “agoraphobia”. Yet you’ll see this ridiculous label applied to both Gabbard and Trump, neither of whom are isolationists by any stretch of the imagination, or even proper non-interventionists.

The Forever War Is So Normalized That Opposing It Is “Isolationism”

​I think this will not just be applied to Donald Trump. Look where shadow banning is already. Even I get blocked from sending more often than not in the past 2 weeks. You may not see this, unless you go to the blog, of course…​
    In essence, Twitter is telling us that they are going to start suppressing President Trump’s tweets. And if other conservative government officials get out of line, they will be censored too.
    This is happening right out in the open, and Twitter is brazenly admitting that any tweets that they slap with this “notice” will “feature less prominently on Twitter”…
    When a Tweet has this notice placed on it, it will feature less prominently on Twitter, and not appear in:
    Safe search
    Timeline when switched to Top Tweets
    Live events pages
    Recommended Tweet push notifications
    Notifications tab
    Explore

Blatant Election Rigging: Twitter Wants To Make Sure We NEVER Have Another President Like Trump

I’m trying to send this again, since it is important, but I use gmail, and Google is suppressing this news. Trying again…
    ​In an otherwise slow news-cycle, the mainstream media has somehow failed to report on an undercover exposé by Project Veritas in which a senior Google employee admits that the company is manipulating its algorithms ahead of the 2020 election in order to prevent the “next Trump situation.”
    ​ ​”We all got screwed over in 2016, again it wasn’t just us, it was, the people got screwed over, the news media got screwed over, like, everybody got screwed over so we’re rapidly been like, what happened there and how do we prevent it from happening again,” said longtime Google employee and head of “Responsible Innovation,” Jen Gennai, in the undercover Veritas sting.
    “We’re also training our algorithms, like, if 2016 happened again, would we have, would the outcome be different?” she added.
    ​ ​As noted by Infowars’ Jamie White, “CNN, WaPo, CNBC, HuffPost, The New York Times, Vox, Vice, Newsweek, Politico, and even The Daily Beast haven’t written a single piece on the devastating evidence.”
    ​ ​Meanwhile, YouTube parent Google has scrubbed the video from its video sharing platform (also ignored by the MSM).
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-25/msm-silent-after-google-election-meddling-bombshell-video-scrubbed-youtube

V. Arnold
    Participant

You’re doing a fine job keeping the candle burning for Julian; kudos Ilargi…

tabarnick
    Participant

The Law of the Sea mandates ships to rescue people in danger at sea, and then bring them to the nearest port. That’s all it says. The idea that anyone, once picked up from a boat anywhere in the world, has a right to just charge into any country they like ignoring all laws and authorities in the process is absurd. Of course Salvini is not breaking the law of the Sea. That is a scoffingly false accusation, and I suspect you know it well, though in matters of immigration, I can’t tell if you write the nonsense you do because you are a fanatic, a demagogue or a liar.

In the case of those African migrants right off the coast of Libya, the nearest port happens to be… in Libya, 10 kms away. Sea Watch is not rescuing shipwrecked mariners in distress. It provides taxi service to the cargo of human traffickers intent on breaking European countries immigration laws. Sea Watch insists on crossing the Mediterranean to Italy, 250 kms away, instead of bringing them to the nearest port, which would be in Lybia – or, if for any reason you dislike Libya, Tunisia is also next door.

Charles Alban
    Participant

i’m reading Mein Kampf. Amazing book. Everybody should read it. Putin must have read it. Everything Hitler talks about regarding government, the press, education, etc, is just as relevant now as when he wrote it, if not more so. The US Congress, president and characteristics of the people fit his description of Germany of the time precisely. Quite eerie. No wonder we are discouraged from reading it.

regionswork
    Participant

“Boeing Outsourced Its 737 MAX Software To $9-Per-Hour Engineers” The profit motive spreadsheet is a harsh master. The community motive, taught by wise family members and incorporated in religious teachings, manage the profit motive so greed does not dominate, taking too much. Legal systems may have codified some of these precepts, but lawyers can be had to create work-arounds.

“We the people” governments create agents to work for safety on their behalf, usually after industry self-policing has failed at a great cost related to human suffering. The people demand it. They are also private, non-profit groups like Consumers Union, who conduct independent testing and research. Pure de Tocqueville association.

In the current world, where the media personality news cycle dominates, and spokespersons are trained diverters and deniers, it is difficult for true situations to be made known by insiders. Whistle blowers are punished. Truth is unwelcome in its specifics, but generalizations are useful and can be weaponized.

We are crash-test dummies, impressed into the corporate testing service, as when the Royal Navy had press gangs to make the free, man their ships.

Yes, all life is risk management. I concluded that in the 1980s. Hidden problems can’t be corrected. Out in the open they can be ugly. That would be news.

V. Arnold
    Participant

In the current world, where the media personality news cycle dominates, and spokespersons are trained diverters and deniers, it is difficult for true situations to be made known by insiders. Whistle blowers are punished. Truth is unwelcome in its specifics, but generalizations are useful and can be weaponized.

We are crash-test dummies, impressed into the corporate testing service, as when the Royal Navy had press gangs to make the free, man their ships.

Yes, all life is risk management. I concluded that in the 1980s. Hidden problems can’t be corrected. Out in the open they can be ugly. That would be news.

A good and accurate summary of our present, past, and likely future…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.