Debt Rattle March 18 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 18 2019

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Albert Gleizes The football players 1912-13   • How Boeing, FAA Certified The Suspect 737 MAX Flight Control System (ST) • Boeing’s Doomed 737 Ma
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 18 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The 737 Max massacre, with its subsequent corruption, should spell the end of Boeing as anything more than a second rate builder of aircraft.
    I quit flying after my last visit to the U.S.(2007). Flying has become the closest thing to hell on earth.
    The endemic corruption alone should give pause; but it doesn’t. And won’t.
    I thought Charles Alban’s piece yesterday was pretty spot on: But, where were we during that process of corrupt governance?
    I’ll stick with Pogo: “We have met the enemy and he is us.”
    If there is such a thing as personal responsibility; then we, every man jack one of us, is complicit in this travesty of a governed people, under an alleged democracy, being brought to tyranny…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Albert Gleizes (never heard of him) The football players 1912-13; is an intriguing painting.
    I had to double check it wasn’t soccer.
    Nope, Usian style football.
    Huge amount of detail…

Given Boeing’s clout as one of the largest US military suppliers, let’s not get ahead of ourselves, but there’s no doubt they have a major problem. That PR only cannot solve.

Boeing Tumbles On Grand Jury Subpoena Probing 737 MAX Development

In the latest blow to both Boeing and the Federal Aviation Administration, the WSJ reported overnight that Federal prosecutors and Department of Transportation officials are scrutinizing the development of Boeing 737 MAX jetliners, inquiries described as “unusual” and which come amid probes of regulators’ safety approvals of the new plane.

According to the WSJ, a “grand jury in Washington, D.C., issued a broad subpoena dated March 11 – a day after the Ethiopian Airlines crash a week ago – to at least one person involved in the 737 MAX’s development, seeking related documents, including correspondence, emails and other messages.” The subpoena, with a prosecutor from the Justice Department’s criminal division listed as a contact, sought documents to be handed over later this month.

The news comes at a sensitive time for both the FAA, which was among the last regulators to ground the 737 Max following a broad global response (led by China) and for Boeing, whose stock has tumbled in the aftermath of the latest crash, and as the WSJ notes, “it is highly unusual for federal prosecutors to investigate details of regulatory approval of commercial aircraft designs, or to use a criminal probe to delve into dealings between the FAA and the largest aircraft manufacturer the agency oversees.”

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer
    …and as the WSJ notes, “it is highly unusual for federal prosecutors to investigate details of regulatory approval of commercial aircraft designs, or to use a criminal probe to delve into dealings between the FAA and the largest aircraft manufacturer the agency oversees.”

Well, there you go…
    I have few to no, illusions about the “justice” system in the U.S.; corruption uber alas…
    As Ilhan Omar said: “It’s all about the Benjamins baby.”
    Or as said in the book Dune: The spice must flow…

Recap: Boeing has halted delivery of the 737Max planes, but production continues. They make 52 of them per month, and have to store those somewhere. At some point, a big problem.

They have over 5,000 orders for the plane, at over $121 million -for the MAX8. That’s a total of $600 billion at risk. And if you follow the tweets I linked to at the very top, you see that corners were cut everywhere in the process, so a software update doesn’t seem to go anywhere.

V. Arnold
    Participant

And if you follow the tweets I linked to at the very top, you see that corners were cut everywhere in the process, so a software update doesn’t seem to go anywhere.

No, that’s a complete sham; trouble lurks and this could go nuclear; deep, deep forces at work here…
    But, not to get carried away; a very serious dilema not easily solved…

Local reports: Multiple shooters, multiple victims, at least one dead, in a tram in Utrecht, Holland.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Usians have unleashed a virus, of mass shootings, across the planet.
    Well done USA; murder capital of the planet…
    That’s me shooting from the hip; boy oh boy; what a fucked up mess we’ve made of things…

And just in case you were thinking you had a clue about what goes on, Bill Craddick sees a Link Between North Korean Embassy Break-In And Christchurch Attacks.

There are a number of analogous facts shared by the attack on the North Korean embassy in Spain and the terror event in Christchurch which suggest that the same team was involved in both incidents. In both cases the perpetrators showed that they were well versed in “breach and clear” tactics against buildings filled with people. In both cases the buildings were cleared efficiently and quickly even though the goal of the North Korean incident was focused on intelligence gathering as opposed to mass murder.

And globalintelhub claims New Zealand has long been the Five Eyes’ testing ground for, let’s call it unconventional warfare.

Enjoy?!

Dr. D
    Participant

“It now appears that America’s would-be emperor, Pilot-in–Chief Donald Trump, may have pressed the FAA to keep the 737 Max’s in the air.”

…Except that he grounded them instead. If you don’t have news, just make s—t up! So what happens after he grounds them, exactly the way you said?

“But doing so was not his business.”

That’s right: he SHOULDN’T ground them, the way you just said a second ago that he should. …And it’s not like the Donald was waxing poetic on this: the guy generates the should-shouldn’t-shouldn’t-should entirely inside his own mind. Look: a plane went down, they looked into it immediately, as always. Like $700B and possibly a world-wide recession was at stake. A second plane went down and they grounded them. That’s the fact of what actually happened. Except for the FAA approvals back when, that sounds about right and normal. When somebody crashes a Chrysler, we don’t ground them all until we see a pattern of design flaw, so even despite this guy, aircraft problems are taken 100% faster and more seriously and don’t even wait for a pattern.

“It is easy to assign all the blame to Mrs. May, the control freak who lost control.”

I suggest she did not lose control at all, ham-fisting it all was intentional. And widely expected when you ask a die-hard pro-Europe to negotiate a Brexit that the people wanted (sort-of). When you ask your kids to clean their room and they do a job that’s barely an attempt, do we attribute it to their “lack of quality”? No, they’re fully capable of doing a stellar job and some calculus too. They can do the job perfectly well any time they want to. …They just don’t WANT to do what their employer – the British people – want done. So they cry and stall and kick their feet. Any excuse but the real one: she’s a traitor to democracy and her mandate, and is savaging the British people in spiteful revenge. But hey, that’s the system.

“100,000 Children in UK ‘Could Become Undocumented’ Overnight After Brexit (G.)”

This is all as much nonsense as the border: you just say, “Follow all existing laws until further notice.” Boom, done. But they don’t WANT it to be done, they don’t WANT it to go smoothly. They’ve had two years to move on this and get ¼ way through the 100,000 laws Europe dumped on them in a few short years, but they did exactly nothing. And you want me to believe that they actually INTENDED to help anything or anybody? Of course not. Think 100,000 children are at risk? Pass a law and give them instant/conditional/full/partial citizenship. Law: one and done. It’s totally, completely legal and possible to do so. The Queen can voice a personal edict and do so in seconds. They don’t WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT to do so. They WAAAAAAAAAANT a big mess and no withdrawal. Don’t know how much clearer it can be.

P.S. if the children don’t have citizenship, (Papers, please!) does something happen? Do their lights go out? Is their food cut off? Do they vanish into dust? Does someone round them up into prison camps and shoot them? Nope. You pretty much say, “my papers are in limbo,” and the constable says, “Right! We’ll put it on hold but get back to us on date x.” Or not. Certainly not being a citizen and having no papers doesn’t bother anyone in America –you can even be a congressional advisor or voted into office — so why not adopt our plan? Are these guys, Ministers and Reporters for real? They act like kindergarteners who’ve never seen the law or paperwork before, believing whatever they feel like without looking into it, so long as that thing is bad and confirms their bias.

“‘Pupil Poverty’ Pressure On School Cash (BBC)”

Perhaps the problem is that everyone is poor because they’re over-taxed and their money has been stolen by 50 years of fraud?

“Apartment Values Tipped To Plunge As Much As 50% In Some Sydney Areas (DM)”

Yay! Finally prices people can afford! Why isn’t everybody happy?

“Ultra Low Wage Growth The Intended Outcome Of Government Policies (Quiggin)”

Always glad to see an article on this. Central banks worldwide “Stimulate” the “economy”; translation: banks, stock markets, and insiders, first-holders of money, but then tighten when “Inflation” rises. “Inflation” for them is defined as any moment wages rise, and it’s not like they’re shy about saying it. So by every definition, they stimulate any non-worker, and attack wage-earners relentlessly. But hey, since no one notices and everyone is fine with this constant attack on citizens, us, the poorest and most vulnerable, who am I to say? Maybe we should just wait until they’re so poor they can eat and clothe themselves only by school handouts to say anything, or not even then, asking banks to “stimulate” and “tighten” and “help” us more. MMT, that’s for me!

“its subsequent corruption, should spell the end of Boeing as anything more than a second rate builder of aircraft.”

You seen the latest fighter jets the U.S. has put out? They already are. And the U.S. has the worst airlines and airports in the world with not only the worst security, but the worst experience, that will irritate and irradiate and kill the most customers. They needed it to match our world’s worst rail service. Grumpy news for the day. Anybody done with it yet? Anybody want to stop playing and change it now?

V. Arnold
    Participant

“its subsequent corruption, should spell the end of Boeing as anything more than a second rate builder of aircraft.”

You seen the latest fighter jets the U.S. has put out? They already are. And the U.S. has the worst airlines and airports in the world with not only the worst security, but the worst experience, that will irritate and irradiate and kill the most customers. They needed it to match our world’s worst rail service. Grumpy news for the day. Anybody done with it yet? Anybody want to stop playing and change it now?

It’s difficult to rectify perceptions against reality; if the U.S. ever actually goes to war (non-nuclear) against a serious adversary; they’ll get their asses kicked fielding inferior soldiers, with inferior equipment, against superior technology and soldiers with superior training, backed with superior equipment and technology.
    I could go on, but I think the point has been clearly made by most serious analysts, of this subject.
    The loud lout (US) is nothing more than a mad dog barking at the moon…

“God’s Own Country” was never anything but hubris. Whoever says that is no Christian. The need for the US economy, let alone empire, to produce waste just to keep itself afloat is a beautiful example of hubris.

Hubris is a beautiful word. I wouldn’t know how to translate it into other languages.

V. Arnold
    Participant

“God’s Own Country” was never anything but hubris. Whoever says that is no Christian. The need for the US economy, let alone empire, to produce waste just to keep itself afloat is a beautiful example of hubris.

Hubris is a beautiful word. I wouldn’t know how to translate it into other languages.

Unequivocal yes to all the above…

zerosum
    Participant

If you are a lawyer, Does Brexit mean cash cow?

—–
    I agree ….
    Central banks worldwide “Stimulate” the “economy”; translation: banks, stock markets, and insiders, first-holders of money, but then tighten when “Inflation” rises. “Inflation” for them is defined as any moment wages rise, and it’s not like they’re shy about saying it.

————-
    737Max planes …. “but production continues. They make 52 of them per month, and have to store those somewhere. At some point, a big problem.”

Its everywhere, every mfg yards are full of overstock inventory. I don’t see a problem. The bankers don’t see a problem. Its even more assets.

Fighting drones will be their profit items.

MoFlora
    Participant

Here is an excellent follow-on to your Holmgren posting of the other day.

http://www.lifeworth.com/deepadaptation.pdf

zerosum
    Participant

@moflora
    Read the paper.

There is hope with “relinquishment.”

understandable Never discussed,

Impact of “relinquishment.” of electricity and oil

“relinquishment.”( increasing) vasectomy, and hysterectomy,

VisionHawk
    Participant

We might want to rethink who was first in New Zealand…..

1 The Waitaha People – a Chinese colony that settled in New Zealand 2000 years ago.

Dr. D
    Participant

When you talk about Deep Time, everything changes, for there was no “China” then, or not equivalent to today’s people’s republic. Nor was there an “England”, as they were 5 kingdoms, no Germany, which was a system of states, nor so many, many other things.

Just a thought as we often use words with an equivalency they don’t have.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.