Debt Rattle March 28 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 28 2018

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Edvard Munch Spring in Johan Karl Street 1944   • Steen Jakobsen Fears 30% Market Correction With Consumer ‘Maxed Out’ (CNBC) • China Says Kim Jo
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 28 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Notice too, how much google is involved in this travesty against customers.
    I’ve dumped all U.S. internet companies, browsers, e-mails, and search engines about 2 years ago.
    Yandex browser and e-mail have proved to be excellent.
    My last move will be to dump Windows 10 for Linux.
    A very cool Mint Mini 2 Pro has just been announced and will be available in June. I’ll run it and learn to use it before dumping W-10.
    https://3dnews.ru/967464
    It runs Linux and costs about $350 USD; very good reviews to boot.

The Guardian now has the Google data story by Dylan Curran (see above) as well, with a bunch of links that let you find the files the company has on YOU:

Are you ready? This is all the data Facebook and Google have on you

Probably not for the faint of heart.

Do let us know what you discover.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Yes, impressive as hell; reams of data they cannot even manage.
    Stupid is as stupid does; stop what you’re doing until you understand what the fuck you’re doing…
    The other choice is; disconnect, immediately!
    We here at the Hermitage rarely venture beyond the webosphere online.
    Much preferring reality based activities far and wide here at our beautiful, fertile home…

Chris M
    Participant

“Again, he says it’s what his father and grandfather wanted. Perfect way to save face.”

That’s important to Asians, isn’t it?

zerosum
    Participant

I’m old enough to have experienced party lines and live human switchboard operator.

Now, …surprise!

the switchboard operators are electronic hardware and someone can find ways of listening to the traffic

Glennda
    Participant

Why is this such a surprise??
    We’ve all known they (google and FB) are a big window into our lives for TPTB to search for “key words” etc. And even if we are reticent about our info, they can triangulate in on us thru our “friends”, our blogs we follow, etc etc.

Interesting that Jimmy Carter gets little press, even though or because he is the only honest Democrat left. I fear that poor Obama has been seriously tainted by the Demo machine.

zerosum
    Participant

If you use GPS, then you are being tracked.
    You leave a slimy slug track for anyone to follow

olo530
    Participant

If you use GPS, then you are being tracked.

Only if you use it on an internet connected device. Standalone navigators are ok. Just nuke them before discarding 🙂

Patricia
    Participant

I wonder what concession North Korea got from America. There would be no point otherwise. Not that America is at all trustworthy but there had to be something. We will never know.

olo530
    Participant

I wonder what concession North Korea got from America

Ever noticed how it’s always about denuclearization of the “Korean peninsula”, never “North Korea”? The North will ask to move the US bases out of South Korea, the US will say no, and they will be back to calling each other names.
    The last country that had nuclear weapons and gave them up was Ukraine. How did that work out for them?
    And the US is the last country the North Korea is going to trust to hold their end of any bargain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreed_Framework
    Much ado about nothing.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I went to the link and there was no record of my travels.
    We went down south last week and nada for those days.
    Even on my Android phone I use Yandex browser and e-mail.
    🙂

zerosum
    Participant

check out https://www.garmin.com/en-US to see how your movement can be tracked without going on the internet.

olo530
    Participant

Fair enough, zerosum, to be tracked by your device you don’t need to be on the internet. My issue is with your second statement

You leave a slimy slug track for anyone to follow

It’s a bit too strong. For your device to share the “slimy slug track” with anybody it needs to be able to transmit that information. GPS by itself can function in receive only mode. It’s slower to get a lock, but perfectly functional.

zerosum
    Participant

@ olo530
    There’s a lot of things that I don’t know. I assume that, (like the old days), a switchboard operator could listen to all the traffic.

olo530
    Participant

And it’s a safe assumption to make, zerosum. Germans thought nobody can listen in on Enigma encrypted traffic, Debian Linux developers believed OpenSSL was bulletproof, and I was under illusion that two year olds can not unlock iPads. We all got burned 🙂
    Just a switchboard is not a good analogy for standalone GPS navigators.

Patricia
    Participant

Olo530 you are clever. I had never noticed that. Yes they do alway say ‘denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula’. We will see wha happens.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Chris M
    “Again, he says it’s what his father and grandfather wanted. Perfect way to save face.”

That’s important to Asians, isn’t it?

Yes, that is true.
    But it’s also important to most cultures including the west.
    We just call it by a different term; but it still ends with the same results; often very violent.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.