Debt Rattle May 9 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 9 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Edgar Degas Two laundresses 1876   • Fed Chair Powell To Emerging Markets: You Are On Your Own (ZH) • Argentina Seeks IMF Aid ‘To Avoid Crisis’ (
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 9 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Degas shows real people in real work.

The positive I see in Trump violating the Iran deal, is that the U.S. has shown its true colors.
    And the world is watching, including North Korea.
    The U.S., already in decline, has passed the angle of repose.
    NATO, finally, is in serious question as to its viability.
    Today ain’t nothin; expect some incredibly dangerous times ahead and some major realignments…

zerosum
    Participant

I wonder.
    Did those who do not like Trump encourage him to go and actually do something stupid so that he would look stupid.

Answer: yes
    ============
    Is this a capitalist system or a modern slavery system

Capitalist don’t need to train their workers. Society pays to train their workers.
    The capitalist keep the profits. How much profit?.• US Student Debt Just Hit $1.5 Trillion (MW)
    Don’t forget to add, your employer will not supply transportation from your moms basement to your worksite. How much profit?
    Auto loans and leases for new and used vehicles rose by 3.8% from a year ago, or by $41 billion, to $1.118 trillion.
    Don’t forget to add the hidden costs that the companies are not paying.
    Mom and Granny had to go into debt or use their saving so that their snowflakes could go to school, lose their virginity and continue to live in the basement.

Dr. D
    Participant

I dunno, one of the big beefs is that employers have to train their employees anyway. High school, even college, is no value to them. Alternatively, “Society” catastrophically did NOT train either workers or people. But they sure took a whole lot of money to NOT do this. Denninger has been following this best, commenting on the recent report that almost NO high school graduates have competency: 37% in reading, 25% in math. In his decade of hiring experience 90% of applicants could not do simple math or write a business letter, 4th grade stuff.

And this is the Millennial’s fault? I have the feeling they were the students during this period, not the teachers, administrators, parents, and congressmen.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=233424

This is the GOOD news. In Baltimore, they have ZERO competency at graduation: https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/13-baltimore-city-high-schools-zero-students-proficient-in-math

That’s not made up, it’s not uncommon, I see it every day in America for rural and urban students alike. Since the same kids who would read and learn at home are clearly doing it anyway, why not close the schools and save your time and effort, stop pretending?

Because THE LIE MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL COSTS!!! Damn the torpedoes, I don’t care who dies! I want mine and my paycheck, my comfy illusion. What was the #1 rule of slave owners? Don’t let the slaves read, don’t let them get educated. We sure learned that lesson, but the wrong way.

zerosum
    Participant

You missed my point

Is this a capitalist system or a modern slavery system?

A capitalist system that is getting trillion of dollars from the socialization of costs?

V. Arnold
    Participant

zerosum

Neither; even slaves were taken care of, or they couldn’t work the fields.
    In the system, Sheldon Wollen called inverted totalitarianism, most citizens are considered a burden and deserve minimal attention.
    Forced education has always been about one thing; produce docile citizens. The evidence would support the effectiveness of the system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.