Debt Rattle November 14 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 14 2017

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh Laboureur dans un champ 1889   • The Largest Transfer Of Wealth In Living Memory (OD) • How The American Dream Turned Into Greed
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 14 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

• Fisheries Collapse On US West Coast: “It’s The Worst We’ve Seen” (SHTF)
    That’s somewhat disingenuous; I commercial fished for salmon in the north Pacific; off the coast of Oregon and Northern California. I was on a 40′ wooden, double ended troller (hook and line), (not trawler, net/dragger).
    We were catching salmon of barely legal length with eggs ready for spawning. Wild salmon had cross bred with hatchery salmon; Department of Fish and Wiidlife denied vehemently that was happening.
    Willful liars!
    We had a horrible season that year and the following years weren’t much, if any better.
    The fishery was already in collapse in 1977. Rock fish; snapper and cod, were already in serious trouble. They’re very old, long lived fish, which wasn’t discovered until the 90’s and late at that.
    We’re fucked! No two ways about it! We’re totally fucked!
    So, this article is utter rubbish, propaganda, a distraction from decades and decades and decades of abuse and blatent exploitation.
    Just ask any commercial deck hand (not the boat owners), and you’ll get an earful; they know the truth…

Dr. D
    Participant

And they didn’t notice or do anything when the Atlantic Cod collapsed a generation ago? Didn’t set up any alarm bells anywhere as all of Atlantic Canada collapsed? Nope. Housing bubble here we come. Didn’t drive off the Chinese trawlers, didn’t start an environmental restoration campaign. And golly, when we did the same thing to the entire pacific–plus possible radioactive destruction of the entire plankton cycle–it collapsed there too, but took longer as the Pacific is larger? Huh. Who’d a thought?

And tomorrow we’ll do the same only harder. As Charles Smith says, there’ll be great prices at the Tokyo Sushi exchange for the last living Atlantic Tuna.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Inequality, however, has deepened even further. Has capitalism failed?”

That’s after the entire article up to that point describing how the government intervened, set prices, covered losses, stopped business cycles, continued with this behavior for generations, and otherwise prevented every functional aspect of “Capitalism”. These guys are going to drive me bananas.

This is like a football game with no football, no goalposts, no pads, the men are using croquet mallets and a chessboard while frolicking on horseback underwater. Whatever that game might be, I can assure you with some confidence that it wouldn’t be football. As with “Neoliberalism”, or even “Keynesianism” which Keynes himself wildly protested several key aspects of the “Keynesianism” espoused and practiced by Bernanke, Yellen, and the gang.

If you hadn’t got the memo, the first thing con-men do to get your money while avoiding work is to bait-and-switch the language to get you invested in the lie and the false reality. That’s why words have meanings. Words like “Inflation”, “Deflation”, “Unemployment” and “Capitalism”. Use them or end up a pauper on the continent your fathers conquered. Too late.

seychelles
    Participant

“If you hadn’t got the memo, the first thing con-men do to get your money while avoiding work is to bait-and-switch the language to get you invested in the lie and the false reality. That’s why words have meanings.”

Anti-Logos is the most damaging and powerful weapon in the Zioglobalist armamentarium.

Dr. D
    Participant

Yes, their existence is to oppose and obstruct the Logos. It reminds me of John 1:1, “In the beginning was the LOGOS.” And what is “Logos”? Order, law, reason, truth, reality itself? “And the LOGOS was God.”

They fight Logos and create anti-logos every time. That is their religion. And every day I hear, “You worry too much. It’s just a silly word.” You mean like the words we use that define something as legal or illegal, right or wrong, rewarded or punished? Those kinds of words? The kind of word that you keep when you promised to sign someone’s paycheck, where you keep their pension or mortgage paperwork safe?

What a square. Be edgy. Anti-Logos is where it’s at.

Nassim
    Participant

True. Deliberate misuse of language is a big problem. My personal bete-noire is “anti-Semitism”.

They have shifted the meaning to such an extent that anyone who points out that the Talmudists of Europe are persecuting the Semitic Palestinians and their Semitic neighbours in Lebanon, Syria and Jordan is labelled an “anti-Semite”. Remarkable really when you think about it.

Nassim
    Participant

“Arab States Spent $130 Billion To Destroy Syria, Libya, Yemen (PressTV) ”

That is only one half of the real story. The other half is that Israel, the USA, UK, France, NATO etc. has been training and providing weapons and logistics to these terrorists while pretending to be fighting them.

BBC admits US “coalition” working with ISIS, providing safe passage to terrorist fighters

Lafarge, one of the biggest cement manufacturers in Europe, was providing cement for the construction of the ISIS tunnels and bunkers for years. The amount of cement supplied was similar to that used to build the Maginot Line.

France’s Lafarge paid Daesh to continue operating in Syria, former employees say

You can rest assured that every time the Russians drop one of their big bunker busters in Syria some Westerners get killed. They are the brains and organisers behind all these well planned offensives.

The US Air Force has provided support to ISIS in their attempts to capture Deir ez-Zour killing or wounding 200+ Syrian soldiers who were surrounded by terrorists. The USAF claimed it was a mistake – as though a stationary front that has been stationary for 3 years was news to them. This USAF attack was synchronised with an ISIS offensive that took place immediately after the attack. This offensive had probably been planned weeks in advance.

5 Times the United States Helped ISIS

Nassim
    Participant

I don’t claim to know anything about cod. I do know however that a favourite insult in Norway is to call someone “torsk” – which means “cod” – when you think they are being stupid. 🙂

I also know that the coastal cod of Norway is very patriotic and does not venture far out into the Atlantic – which is why they still fish cod and one of the reasons why they stayed out of the EU.

However, one thing that I do know is that everyone agrees that cod’s behaviour is very temperature-dependent. They like water that is neither too warm nor too cold. Here is a piece of research which was published only two years ago.

“Cold temperatures during winter tended, however, to reduce the magnitude of diel vertical migrations, as well as the activity level and distance moved by those smaller individuals. Our findings suggest that future and ongoing rises in sea surface temperature may increasingly deprive cod in this region from shallow feeding areas during summer, which may be detrimental for local populations of the species.”

Behavioural responses of Atlantic cod to sea temperature changes

It is of course necessary to mention in a negative way “global warming” in order to get published these days. These researchers took advantage of that fact to suggest that the future “warming” will be bad for cod in the North Atlantic.

The good news for cod, and bad news for mankind, is that the North Atlantic – contrary to what this paper suggests – has been cooling for the past 10 years. In fact, the temperature is back where it was 100+ years ago.

North Atlantic Cooling Has Plunged Below 1950s (And 1800s) Levels – And Scientists Project More Cooling

Nassim
    Participant

I found this chart which shows sea surface temperature during spring in the Atlantic. The green area is more or less where the cod thrives. As can be seen, the area off Labrador which was at one time famous for cod fishing is not green. I suspect that it may have been more green at that time.

It is to be found in this article:

BTW, the vikings used to go to the far north of Norway to bring cod back it down south. They dumped their stone ballast in places like Harstad and you may see it today. At that time, the temperature was much warmer than it is at present and they had to go that far north (68 degrees) to catch the cod. The cod was dried in that air (they still do that today) so that it became like planks of wood.

Please don’t think that I don’t condemn over-fishing. I think it is criminal to catch the large females which guide the youngsters – African grandmamma elephants play a similar role.

Nassim
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

I’m sure you’ll be much gratified by the revelation that Antarctic melting appears to be caused by massive recent volcanism. It helps explain why the sheet is melting rapidly in one area, and building rapidly in another. Of course this theory is 20 years old, but after an inconvenient period in university culture, they suddenly remembered all about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.