Debt Rattle October 16 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 16 2020

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Self portrait 1896   • Hunter Biden Tried To Cash In Big On Behalf Of Family With Chinese Firm (NYP) • House GOP Asks If FBI Had Hu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 16 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pablo Picasso Self portrait 1896

Bloody hell; he was 15 yo when he painted that!
    As I recall, Rembrandt was another child prodigy creating master works in his teens…

Child prodigy is a term I would use for for instance Mozart, who was giving recitals and writing first attempts at symphonies when he was 6 years old. Picasso, Rembrandt and many other great painters were simply already “developing their art” when they were in their teens.

Can we add this to the mask debate?

Dr. D
    Participant

Despite Vit D, the Swedes are pretty healthy. May be the same thing.

Pablo should be more careful with his chemistry: that canvas is cracking. You’re a bright boy, surely you can do better than that.

Behold a Green Horse! Environmental fantasy again tries to kill all the (poor) people they can:
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/uk-grid-warns-of-electricity-shortage-due-to-drop-in-wind_3540055.html

This was after last week, where Australia, heavily on-grid, was reported to backed up their entire grid with diesel generators to fill their wind hole. …Very economical and environmental. So proud.

Okay folks what’s the worst, most profiteering, most unreliable way, most unecological way that will kill the most humans on earth? …Say no more: we are on it. D—n the expense! Obama ran out of bombs and the U.N. blew our fake chemical weapons report! We’ll just have to find another route to mass-murder.

A Burisma PR firm was listening in on the call.”

We always let Russia wire-tap the President. That’s just good intel hygiene. You know, a minute before we sell 10% of all U.S. uranium to Putin a day before Moscow banks pay the Clinton family $1M for 30 minutes of public speaking. Nothing to see here! I do not find that suspicious at all. Which goes to show why it’s so hard to be the good guy: I don’t know if anything Biden did is illegal: he is presumed innocent and it needs to be proven to legal standards. I believe we have grounds to open a special prosecutor, though. Goose: Gander.

“That the first amendment right of free speech is inapplicable to these questions goes without saying.”

They’re so full of crap. They created a special legal carve-out and government monopoly for these companies. Once you do that, you’re a regulated utility, if we enforced any law in the last century. Apart from their special-status legal carve-out, AND government contracts that are subsidies i.e. direct government funding same as you have to follow Federal law to get school-district money, they either a) publishers, and will be sued to the moon for Libel, or b) platforms like Verizon, who are not allowed to censor phone calls.

Pick one.

After saying they’re the same, he then says “Twitter and particularly Facebook are no ordinary companies.” Yeah, I know. They are government-created, government-funded monopolies. Go read the code for the U.S. Army’s “LifeLog”. This fable that “nobody knows nobody” doesn’t hold water any more than it did for the Gambini Family. But since the press is also a regulated U.S. government monopoly, it will never get reported.

Antiviral Drug Remdesivir Proves Ineffective In Treating COVID19 – WHO (F.)”

Glad you caught this, we discussed it 3x so far. It’s great! It’s a zero. It’s great! And today it’s a zero. But the insider trading on stock pump-n-dump is very real. Should take about 60 minutes to record the buyers and sellers and issue indictments. But they won’t. So good news: You can impeach!

Contradictory messages are lethal for an organization like the WHO.”

Nonsense. WHO, CDC, NY Times, the g-d Merriam-Webster Dictionary, all reverse their reality constantly. No one cares because no one even notices. Their brains have melted.

the first blind women to serve as a law clerk on the U.S. Supreme Court, delivers testimony supporting Judge Amy Coney Barrett”

Speaking of: yeah, it’s Friday so they don’t like young powerful women of diverse mixed-race families or the disabled anymore. Don’t you know now they’re the evil enemy? My side right or wrong. The only #Right is #Winning.
    There is no definitions, no objective reality, only POWER. Raw, on your neck, forever.

Mr. House
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

Breathtaking article from Outlet-Formerly-Known-As-News, Time.com

https://time.com/5897887/swing-states-2020-election/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
    “How a Road Trip Through America’s Battlegrounds Revealed a Nation Plagued by Misinformation”

…Because those voters don’t agree with the exalted reporters at Time.com. I wonder why. CoughRussiaRussiaRussia.

Astonishing beginning: “[Hateful voter X] saw the race as a contest between two bad options. “We’ve got a guy trying not to die,” he told me, “and we’ve got Trump.”

Okay, that’s a fair take. And? Reporter says that’s the craziest thing he’s ever heard. Biden is in perfect health. Better than Trump, it goes without question.

This Trump voter “didn’t vote for Trump four years ago and considers the President a “buffoon.” And as Jimmy Dore would say, your candidate is so bad he is losing to Donald f-n Trump! Trump!!! (He would approve of the special three exclamation points) So they don’t like Trump, think he’s an idiot and they STILL think the DNC ticket is worse. By a lot. What does that say? What are you doing? …This is extremely common, by the way. The polls on “liking” DJT do not at all match who’s voting for him. For the reasons the reporter openly ridicules and won’t listen to.

Continues “Most Trump voters I met had clear, well-articulated reasons for supporting him: he had lowered their taxes, appointed antiabortion judges, presided over a soaring stock market.” Thank you. Very generous. Finally somebody saying voters have a rational point after all.

…Not on your life. Next sentence: “These voters wielded their rationality as a shield: their goals were sound, and the President was achieving them…” What? They voted a guy in who was making their lives better both personally and nationally, but that’s crazy? A justification? Yes, Time.com, you Coastal idiot sons of idiot sons, in your ivory towers, born on 3rd base and having never worked in your life, certainly do have a different outlook than a guy whose factory closed and with it all work and housing prices within 500 miles. You DO live in a world of misinformation.

“For every two people who offered a rational and informed reason for why they were supporting Biden or Trump, there was another…who offered an explanation divorced from reality. You could call this persistent style of untethered reasoning “unlogic.” Unlogic is not ignorance or stupidity; it is reason distorted by suspicion and misinformation, an Orwellian state of mind that arranges itself around convenient fictions rather than established facts.”

Yes, I know. I talk to Democrat voters all the time, and they quote Time Magazine and Rachael Maddow on “RussiaRussiaRussia” and Assad’s chemical weapons almost continuously.

” a belief in dangerous falsehoods, … the conviction that COVID-19 is a hoax.”

So a President who publicly advertised he had COVID says that COVID isn’t real? A hoax? Time reporter, what “dangerous falsehoods” and breathtaking conspiracy theories do you believe? I mean he wrote about the President’s Covid adventure in the previous paragraph, this isn’t an oversight. He just can’t engage logic. And he refutes the logic of “I vote for people who help me.”

“I sensed a glitch in the information loop, like a scratch on an old-fashioned record. People kept repeating things that were false, and dismissing things that were true.”

Yes, but he can’t understand that it’s HE that has the glitch, not reality. Time.com has printed increasingly false things since I was a child, forefront of Iraq “WMD and Ties to Al-Qaeda” I’m sure, and no gears engage. Instead, he thinks it’s the electors digging ditches who can’t name a spade.

Etc. At great length of detachment from reality.

There is one difference at least: when Time.Com reporters are wrong, people from Wisconsin leave them alone to stew in their own stupid. It’s a free country! Not the same the other way around. When Washington, NYC, S.F. are wrong, they openly vow to nuke and destroy Wisconsin for their “Diversity”. Of beliefs.

Thanks Time! Thanks coastal elites! Freedom of Speech. I support your right to be heard on Twitter, Facebook, anywhere! Keep talking! Then we know who you are.

“Do not concede under any circumstances” “There will be riots” “CA, WA, and OR will secede.”

zerosum
    Participant

• House GOP Asks If FBI Had Hunter Biden Laptop During Trump Impeachment (Fox)
    Answer:

YES

Therefore:
    Money makes different “rule of law”
    ——
    Those that have, say to “the have not”,
    “Take your revenge in the ballot box”
    The frustrated, disenfranchised, the have not, underdogs, join demonstrations, and learn how to respond.
    (The elite enablers, from the safety of their gated community, call it “rioting”)
    Everybody is surprised.

zerosum
    Participant

Herd Immunity
    Response:

1. I’m an elite, I’m not a rifraf. It wont kill me.
    2. Leave me alone. I’m unemployed, homeless, hungry, cold, miserable, hopeless, sick, addicted, couldn’t care. I’ve got others thing to worry about.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Good doodoo over at Caitlin’s place.

“The establishment: *rigs presidential elections so it’s always two corporatist warmongers running against each other*

Also the establishment: “You have to vote or it will mean the end of democracy.”

“Know what’s way more destructive than a dogshit president? A system which consistently ensures that voters always have to elect a dogshit president.”

Dogshit Presidents, And Other Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix

@Dr.D: nice riff on Time.com article.

Most everyone I know is voting to end Trump’s reign – I do not know anyone who is voting for Biden/Harris because they support their “platform”. The 2016 Trump voters in my circle are quiet (never were the MAGA hat wearing folks) – and are on the fence. People are not advocating for a Presidential candidate yet they are advocating enthusiastically for specific Senators and House members in and out of state. Interesting. Note: I am in rural NoCA in the mountains/forest, small towns, county govt. (no incorporated cities), sawmill and county education/gov are the largest employers, we run on volunteer power to bridge the many financial gaps.

zerosum
    Participant

Halloween Health and Safety Tips for 2020
    1. Drive slow
    2. Watch for kids on the street
    3. Don’t throw out too many candies at one time. Spread the candies out on the street.
    4. Don’t hit the kids with candies.
    5. Throw out candies under street light.
    6. Buy lots of candies to save the candy companies and the dentists.
    7. Get a sense of humor

Dr. D
    Participant

May forward this to Charlotte, Time.com reporter-at-large:

“16 Years Later, How the Press that Sold the Iraq War Got Away with It”

16 Years Later, How the Press That Sold the Iraq War Got Away With It

From her pal Matt Taibbi, highlighting that Time was a piece of oligarchic war-mongering, reporter-arresting garbage 20 years ago. Taibbi has to keep it short: he’s only publishing one book at a time.

Dr. D
    Participant

Charlotte says reporters don’t make things up.

Glenn, what say you, sir?

“Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story: The most challenging task is choosing the 10 worst embarrassments. The most notable aspect is that they all go toward promoting the same narrative.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/beyond-buzzfeed-the-10-worst-most-embarrassing-u-s-media-failures-on-the-trumprussia-story/

What? 25 failures from every major media company on just one subject in just one year? With too many honorable mentions to sort? That’s not what Charlotte told me.

“C-SPAN suspends Steve Scully after he says he lied about his Twitter account being hacked”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2020/10/15/steve-scully-cspan-suspended-twitter-hacked-lied-trump/

Wait: this reporter was lying too! In public! Dozens of times! And he was the debate moderator! Quick, get Charlotte on the phone, I’ve got a scoop! Apparelnty, Reporters DO lie. Early, often, and always.

But we know WaPo, like CNN, MSNBC, and Time.com, isn’t news. What are the odds Bezos would report the truth?

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

Dr. D’s really killing it today. Many thanks for his commentary.

The spotless administration of Saint Obama, the world’s most admired man, isn’t looking so pure lately with the release of the Biden emails. It just goes to show how one’s image can be polished to a high gloss when every western media outlet acts as your own personal PR firm. Hunter’s emails have just made their job much more difficult.

Can you imagine the number of meetings and conference calls that are occurring at this very minute in an effort to mitigate this PR disaster? I say PR because the DOJ has been aware of all this corruption from day one and has only acted to shield it from public scrutiny, so I don’t expect any legal action to result from Giuliani’s revelations.

What will they do when the slime trail from Hillary’s private email server finally sees the light of day? You know they’re out there somewhere. Will Saint Obama finally fall from Grace, his memory sullied, when they discover that he presided over one of the most corrupt regimes in US history?

phoenixvoice
    Participant

I understand the scientific analyses that cloth masks are too porous, and especially can’t stop aerosolized particles. However, in my state (Arizona) Covid cases were increasing week over week throughout May and June. The end of June mask laws were enacted in the most populous cities, and in cities with the most covid transmission. Exactly two weeks after the ban went into effect, the peak of infections was reached, and the numbers of new cases each day began decreasing. Deaths peaked about 4 weeks after the mask laws went into effect. Now…this doesn’t tell us that masks magically block covid, however, this happened in other states as well. I don’t know If it means that most covid particles are large enough to be blocked by masks, or that mask laws cause most people to be more cautious, or something else is at play that I haven’t thought of. However, if mask laws in areas where virus transmission is high helps contain the spread of covid (even if it isn’t the masks themselves, but changes in behavior as a result of the signal that “this is serious,”) then that is very valuable public policy. And, it is much more practical public policy that economic shut downs.

Bill7
    Participant

C.J. Hopkins: ‘The Virus of Mass Destruction & Brave New Totalitarian Normal’- 35m. video interview.

“Political satirist C.J. Hopkins breaks down the pathologized totalitarianism of the “Brave New Normal” brought about by the “Virus of Mass Destruction”. He discusses corona-totalitarians and how the global-hegemonic-system is attempting to put down any populist nonsense, left or right, for good..”

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Antiviral Drug Remdesivir Proves Ineffective In Treating COVID19 – WHO

A recap leading up to the WHO’s results regarding remdesivir’s ineffectiveness (based on reporting from FiercePharma.com)…

An earlier US government-led study found faster recovery times but there wasn’t a statistically significant death-risk reduction in the overall study group. Could the high cost of this treatment be justified? “Gilead has been collecting revenue on remdesivir since July at the wholesale acquisition cost of $3,120 for a typical five-day treatment course.”

The data from the study was re-analyzed and voila, they found some subset (minority) of the patients in the study who had less deaths with remdesivir than a placebo.

From an article dated 9 October, prior to the WHO’s results:

But while remdesivir is “indeed helpful in shortening the duration of disease, reducing the progression to more complicated disease, and probably (but not definitively), saving lives,” the “fine print … is perhaps less encouraging than the top line,” SVB Leerink analyst Geoffrey Porges wrote in a note to clients.

The drug didn’t conclusively improve survival at Day 29, “which is the endpoint of most importance in the end,” he noted.

Plus, benefits from the treatment were “almost entirely in one group of patients,” Porges wrote. For those who were hospitalized and requiring oxygen—but not ventilation or high-flow oxygen—there were “significant” benefits. But for the sickest patients, “remdesivir produced no benefit,” Porges wrote.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/gilead-sciences-remdesivir-reduces-covid-19-mortality-new-analysis

chettt
    Participant

Raul
    you make an excellent point regarding obesity. A simple observation will easily conclude that the west has a much bigger problem (and waistline) than the east. And finally it seems that vitamin D is getting the respect that it deserves.
    “A Single Large Dose of Vitamin D Could be Used as a Means of Coronavirus Disease 2019 Prevention and Treatment”
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32904593/
    Although I’m not sure why they felt the need to use a single, nearly toxic, 300,000 IU dose to quickly build up the body’s D level. The evidence of it’s effectiveness is becoming overwhelming. However I still don’t see any general public recommendation from the CDC or the NIH to use “D” supplements.

Bill7
    Participant

‘Hanson Has It Right: America Divided over Class Not Race in 2020. It’s Skype-Zoom v. Muscular in today’s 2020 political cage match.’:

“..VDH argues that there is a class of people that have found refuge in their home offices and basements since the onset of the Chinese coronavirus. They are the traders, the telemarketers, and those who can make their living through the softer professions of the mind. The “Skype-Zoom class” also includes the ruling class: those at the highest levels of society that pull the strings, and control the means to power and production. In author Tom Wolfe’s terms, they are the masters of the universe.

While the Skype-Zoom class sits safely in their homes and uses their MacBook to make bank, outside their walls, out in the real world of production, lives the muscular class. These are the people who are delivering the food you order from Grubhub, or the disinfectants and hand sanitizers you order from Amazon, both of which might be ordered by Skype-Zoom types in order to save them the risk of leaving their home and becoming infected with the virus. Best to leave that risk for someone else, someone in the muscular class..”

Hanson Has It Right: America Divided over Class Not Race in 2020.

-Bill7

Michael Reid
    Participant

Thank you Bill7

zerosum
    Participant

Its time for a lawyer to do their work.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-fbis-top-child-porn-lawyer-involved-hunter-biden-laptop-case

Why Is The FBI’s Top Child Porn Lawyer Involved In Hunter Biden Laptop Case?
    The recent New York Post bombshell reports on Hunter Biden’s alleged laptop contents included a curious piece of evidence – a photograph of an FBI subpoena which bears the signature of the agency’s top child porn investigator, special agent Joshua Wilson.
    FBI agent Wilson’s identity was confirmed by both Western Journal and Business Insider,

madamski cafone
    Participant
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.