Debt Rattle October 18 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 18 2023

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    zerosum
    Participant

In many countries family members take care of your own when they are in the hospital?
    Do they in Gaza?
    https://apnews.com/article/hospital-airstrike-gaza-rocket-74ae3e38d9f771abd23d6d49c814b980

What we know about the deadly blast at a Gaza City hospital

— In the dark of early evening in Gaza, reports emerged of an explosion at Gaza City’s al-Ahli hospital. Al-Ahli was crowded both with victims of 10 days of Israeli airstrikes and with families and others who have taken refuge on hospital grounds.

Video that The Associated Press confirmed as being from the hospital showed an orange ball of fire and flames engulfing the building and grounds.

— The video showed the outside of the hospital, where countless Palestinian families had been camping out. Torn bodies covered the grass, with slain children lying among dead adults.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-gaza-hospital-explosion-3d255725997c4e2757372b3ee2fc8859

The Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem, Hosam Naoum, said the hospital received at least three Israeli military orders to evacuate before Tuesday’s explosion. The warnings by phone began Sunday, after Israeli shelling hit two floors of the hospital, wounding four medics, he said.

The staff at al-Ahli, like those of other hospitals across Gaza, refused the evacuation orders, saying that it would endanger the patients to try to move them, violating the medical vow to do no harm.

On Wednesday, shell-shocked families who survived the blast packed up their mattresses and other belongings and headed out into the streets to look for safety in a war-torn land with one less sanctuary.
    ——–

citizenx
    Participant

@Michael Reid

Very unlikely everyone in a group is responsible.

@D Benton Smith

I disagree that All Americans are responsible . . .

@John
    Day

Is now really the time to be splitting hairs and waxing philosophically about who dunnit ?

Think microcosm/ macrocosm, but please don’t think and don’t act like Biden-
    “it was their team that did it” !

Ultimately, Either everyone did it- or no one did it. Take some personal responsibility for the shared disgrace of your Nation and its elected leaders- or fuck off.

Didn’t vote for Biden so its not your responsibilty? Or Trump so you’re off the hooK? Or you didn’t actually pull the trigger, so it’s not on you?

THAT is the cowards rationale of a way out. Don’t be f’n cowards. If you are an American with a passport, ultimately you are responsible for your Nations Leaders choices. tough shit boys but that is how it works.

“I was just following orders” shrugs shoulders and walks away. It’s my commanders fault….

All Jews in Israel are ultimately responsible for all Israels crimes. Americans too.

Shared responsibility of consciousness is also called COMPASSION.

Theravada Buddhism says go directly for enlightenment, worry about no one elses spiritual progress and attain it for yourself. Also know as Little Wheel Buddhism.

Mahayana Buddhism says work towards your personal enlightenment, but do not complete it until everyone else is enlightened as well. Big Wheel Buddhism.

Both are right/ both are wrong. We can split hairs until eternity- on who is correct and best.
    ***** we are talking about enlightenement here- the best qualities of human potential
    – when it comes to organized systemic societal violence in this case- all bets are off as to who dunnit and who bears responsibility, why ? Because….

Diamond Buddhism surpasses both Theravada small wheel and Mahayana big wheel- Diamond Buddhism is also referred to as the Diamond Vehicle.

Ultimately WE are ALL responsibile for the Diamond Vehicle , regardless if we ride the small wheel or big wheel way of thinking.

READ THIS –

Buffy Sainte-Marie entered the folk music scene in the early 1960s with the song “Universal Soldier,” the now-iconic anti-war anthem fueled by the United States’ growing involvement in, and the government’s denial about, the war in Viet Nam. It’s not only a great example of a heartfelt, well-written protest song, but of how music has been used to rebel against war and the flaws in the human condition.

The premise of the song is that, for time immemorial, war has existed, and that it’s not just the fault of those politicians who make the decisions and have the most to gain, but of all of us.

Is it the soldier who pulls the trigger, the officer who gives the order, the General who orders the officer, the politician who declares War, or the citizen who elects the politician and then goes off to pull the trigger?

Who the fuck is it that is responsible ?
    ALL OF US are you dipshits. We are all responsible as humans on this Planet.

“So that’s the attitude I took. I wasn’t trying to get people to stick up their noses as at how terrible colonialism was. I just don’t come from that place – I’m a teacher. I don’t try to punish my students, I try to give them information they can’t get anywhere else, which will hopefully be enlightening.”

Behind the Song: Buffy Sainte-Marie, “Universal Soldier”

The origins of Buffy Sainte-Marie’s “Universal Soldier”

citizenx
    Participant

“Universal Soldier”

He’s five foot-two, and he’s six feet-four,
    He fights with missiles and with spears.
    He’s all of thirty-one, and he’s only seventeen,
    He’s been a soldier for a thousand years.

He’s a Catholic, a Hindu, an atheist, a Jain,
    A Buddhist and a Baptist and a Jew.
    And he knows he shouldn’t kill,
    And he knows he always will,
    Kill you for me my friend and me for you.

And he’s fighting for Canada,
    He’s fighting for France,
    He’s fighting for the USA,
    And he’s fighting for the Russians,
    And he’s fighting for Japan,
    And he thinks we’ll put an end to war this way.

And he’s fighting for Democracy,
    He’s fighting for the Reds,
    He says it’s for the peace of all.
    He’s the one who must decide,
    Who’s to live and who’s to die,
    And he never sees the writing on the wall.

But without him,
    How would Hitler have condemned them at Liebau?
    Without him Caesar would have stood alone,
    He’s the one who gives his body
    As a weapon of the war,
    And without him all this killing can’t go on.

He’s the Universal Soldier and he really is to blame,
    His orders come from far away no more,
    They come from here and there and you and me,
    And brothers can’t you see,
    This is not the way we put the end to war?

citizenx
    Participant

Do you get it Now ?

Who is responsible.

All of us, regardless of race, sex, religion, nationality. All of us.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.