Debt Rattle September 23 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 23 2019

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Paul Gauguin The Seine at the Pont d’Iena 1875 • Half of Americans Expect A Recession To Hit In The Next 12 Months (MW) • Negative Interest Rates Are
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 23 2019]

We’ve been having some server issues. Hope that’s fixed soon. Reload!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Indeed. Been a hassle to connect; but working normally this last time…

zerosum
    Participant

I was a bit slow to find info on attack drones and defense systems. (I’m not into attack or defense business)

I’m sure that there are more than one “off-the-self” systems.

Look at this technology. You will see that its possible to protect or attack/defeat multi-million dollar infrastructures/systems for only a few dollars.
    Forget about all your old ideas that you have about WWIII and how to destroy the enemy.

https://www.bravozulusecure.com/productsdefence

Matrice M210C
    Medium-capacity propellor drone with intelligent flight modes to track, monitor and collect data. Built to withstand the elements, high wind-resistant, payload capable and heated dual-battery system for sub-zero temperatures.

Drone Rifle III
    Disable unwanted or hostile drones in one click by disrupting a UAV’s GPS or radio frequency transmission. Jams multi-frequency bands and/or GPS of UAV to return unit back to pilot or force landing. Durable, hard-wearing with extended battery life and optical display screen.

AeroScope
    Radio frequency scanner to identify and track UAVs up to a 30km radius. A portable unit essential for drone security, detecting flight status, flight path, make, model and approximate pilot location in real-time to make an informed response.

(there more info at the link)

zerosum
    Participant

In my opinion, this is “a canary in the coal mine”. For years, resorts, vacation destinations, beach vendors, etc. have been sufferings with 50% occupancy and overcapacity.
    Not enough people with enough money spend on the luxury of winter vacations.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/uks-thomas-cook-collapses-after-rescue-talks-fail-650000-travelers-stranded
    All bookings made through the company have been invalidated, the company said. It typically runs hotels, resorts, airlines and cruises for 19 million customers a year in 16 countries.

Meanwhile, analysts at Bernstein suspect other tour operators could collapse, which would put the market into a bind.

The modern Thomas Cook Group formed in 2007 when the UK’s MyTravel merged with the privately-held Germany-based Thomas Cook to create a tour-company behemoth and promising to hasten consolidation in the tour operating industry.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Who are UK firms/factories going to sell their cars to?”

The British, apparently, as the EU claims they won’t allow German and Italian cars to be imported. …I’m betting they WILL, however. Amazing how they can solve problems the moment they ever try. Besides, aren’t there some cross-trade in parts and components? I bet they can solve that toot sweet.

“Oil Set to Spike as Saudi Repairs at Abqaiq May Take “Up to Eight Months” (ZH)”

All about setting prices. So an attack that was something, but really nothing, is now something again. This is when nothing was on fire and the fire trucks left before the end of the day. At a REFINERY. And I keep forgetting to mention, a day after Bolton left. And they wonder why Cheeto keeps such people on the payroll: because when they’re not, all kinds of strange, unexplained, violent military accidents happen. Then they just disappear when he pretends to promote war again. Strange. Almost like there’s a connection or something.

Anyway, for the next 8 months they can set prices anywhere that keeps them solvent by issuing a press release on the repairs. And the market buys this garbage.

“President Trump on Sunday doubled down”

I don’t know how you use “double down” here. Biden proudly told everyone on earth, in public, on camera, he extorted Ukraine for $1B if they didn’t stop investigating the crimes of expelled coke-head Hunter Biden. Pretty clear, just go watch it. Trump, rather than doing HIS job of investigating and arresting this, asked the new President of Ukraine to investigate it for him. The open, admitted crimes, on Ukrainian soil, that Ukraine had ALREADY been investigating. Trump to Zelensky: “follow the law?” Yes, asking for the law to be enforced is an impeachable offense now. Luckily for him, he’s NOT enforcing it, so the world is again safe for democracy.

Is anyone investigating the crime of listening in on the President’s calls? No? That’s okay, we don’t investigate or arrest anything else either.

P.S., the “whistleblower” said he had no tapes and hadn’t heard the call, meaning there is no evidence, and therefore no “whistle blowing.” It’s an unsubstantiated rumor planted by Trump to get Biden’s sale-of-justice into the media, which they would never, EVER cover, then bait and switch, like the last 250 pass-plays. Reporters never, ever learn. If they were smart enough to bang two rocks together (or two concurring events), they’d have to fire them.

“Ted Cruz Insists Iran Wants to Nuke American Cities (RT)”

Cruz and the irreversible brain-eating disease: he’s a Congressman. If you lie often enough, you can no longer think straight. “No one is safe while Congress is in session.” –Will Rogers And to think, he would be President. Our first Canadian.

“The defeat of fascism in 1945”

Ah, if only. Yet here it is again, the socially-oriented, total state of oppression and warfare waged both within and without. If only we had the tools to defend ourselves from such deadly evil! Oh, wait, I’m an American, I do. (or could) Apparently that makes us the bad guys.

Why can’t Cook get financing? At a time you see a week-long Repo shortage? You see right now with Powell rocking the boat, carefully, German is getting washed over, and as Europe has trouble, that money will flood here. But it won’t be our fault, no no no. Of course not. We would never raid Europe, China, and South America for our own benefit. So recession? Maybe, we’ve been in one for ten years, but it would be overdone 100x by world money rushing in. Election timing anyone? What a coincidence.

zerosum
    Participant

Go home

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-afghanistan-attack/at-least-35-people-at-wedding-party-killed-during-nearby-afghan-army-raid-idUSKBN1W80MI

At least 40 civilians at wedding party killed during nearby U.S.-backed Afghan army raid

anticlimactic
    Participant

SAUDI

The UK feels it is ‘implausible’ that the attack was carried out by the Houthis and is more likely Iran, but this is because the UK is a venal US lickspittle who will repeat any American drivel without applying any intelligent thought!

I have seen a new picture of one of the drone remains head on and it looks like it has a wingspan of around 2 meters. Not something capable of flying hundreds of miles, particularly carrying heavy explosives.

I still say they must have been launched locally and guided by human operators. Any upmarket drone can be guided by using a video feed, and will also usually have GPS. Put this technology on a small military drone and you have a very useful weapon. Accurate targeting should not be a problem.

If you can transport the drones close to the target location it would be almost impossible to intercept them no matter how many weapons a country has. The Houthis did thank their allies in Saudi, I presume for Intel on target weaknesses and probably for hospitality!

anticlimactic
    Participant

LAVROV

Not only were Russia instrumental in the defeat of Hitler they were also instrumental in the defeat of Japan. A million strong Russian army attacked the Japanese in China, at which point the Japanese realised the war was lost.

This was before any nuclear bomb had been dropped,. Many think the bombs were dropped as an experiment to see what the aftermath was.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Poor old Thomas Cook. Another pillar falls.

I’m a bit surprised the austerity-obsessed Tory government will actually spend money to bring its stranded hoi polloi, oops, citizens, home. I hope the Chancellor of the Exchequer loses lots of sleep over that prospect. <end sarcasm>

Meanwhile commercial aviation will redouble its efforts to continue emitting greenhouse gases into the atmosphere at a good altitude to have the maximum effect — on both the climate and, more importantly, on the economy.

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/09/over-cliff.html
    ​Still the best ex-president ever…​
    The truth is emerging four decades after the fact: the Carter administration knew of a clandestine Israeli nuclear test in the 1970s, but turned a blind eye, Foreign Policy reported this weekend, based on new analysis of declassified government documents.
    The report strongly suggests the administration was worried about Carter’s reelection should the Israeli test be revealed, and also about negative impact on the Israel-Egypt peace treaty, only a year old at the time. The FP report begins dramatically:
    Shortly before sunrise on Sept. 22, 1979, a U.S. surveillance satellite known as Vela 6911 recorded an unusual double flash as it orbited the earth above the South Atlantic. At Patrick Air Force Base in Florida, where it was still nighttime on Sept. 21, the staff in charge of monitoring the satellite’s transmissions saw the unmistakable pattern produced by a nuclear explosion — something U.S. satellites had detected on dozens of previous occasions in the wake of nuclear tests. The Air Force base issued an alert overnight, and President Jimmy Carter quickly called a meeting in the White House Situation Room the next day.
    Carter wrote in his diary of the September 22, 1979 event: “There was an indication of a nuclear explosion in the region of South Africa – either South Africa, Israel using a ship at sea, or nothing,” according to the report.
    Problem was that under the 1977 Glenn Amendment to the Arms Export Control Act, the United States would have to cease all arms assistance to any nation not a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty should they conduct a nuclear test.
    So to deflect the potential for a scandal and forced cessation of US aid to Israel’s military, the administration convened a panel of ‘experts’ and scientists whose job it was to publicly dismiss the possibility that Israel detonated a nuke. This would be the official line of the administration within the DoD: to essentially cover-up the satellite findings and to proclaim is wasn’t a nuclear flash at all detected on that day…
    ​ ​The Foreign Policy report revealed, shockingly: “The Carter administration was so afraid to enforce the Partial Test Ban Treaty against Israel’s 1979 violation that it did what it could to erase or keep hidden evidence of its detection of a test.” Thus the hard science and evidence survived in the classified records, while the lie and cover-up attempt did also.
    ​ ​From there it became an entrenched lie. All future administrations would use it as a smokescreen to shield public attention from what top officials well understood — that close US ally Israel has long been a nuclear power, despite its public stance to the world that it is not.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/jimmy-carter-turned-blind-eye-israeli-nuclear-test-declassified-docs-reveal

We’re not supposed to know this. We’re nowhere near smart enough to even comprehend it.
    ​ ​Google’s new quantum computer reportedly spends mere minutes on the tasks the world’s top supercomputers would need several millennia to perform. The media found out about this after NASA “accidentally” shared the firm’s research.
    ​ ​The software engineers at Google have built the world’s most powerful computer, the Financial Times and Fortune magazine reported on Friday, citing the company’s now-removed research paper. The paper is said to have been posted on a website hosted by NASA, which partners with Google, but later quietly taken down, without explanation.
    ​ ​Google and NASA have refused to comment on the matter. A source within the IT giant, however, told Fortune that NASA had “accidentally” published the paper before its team could verify its findings.
    ​ ​In the research, Google reportedly claimed that it takes their new quantum processor just around 200 seconds to make calculations that existing supercomputers would require around 10,000 years to perform. They also said the processor requires mere 30 seconds to complete a task the Google Cloud server would need 50 trillion hours to do.
    https://www.rt.com/usa/469325-google-quantum-computer-reports/

​Oh, somebody is making this all scary for us.
    Am I supposed to be more scared of Google than of China, Russia, Israel, and Donald Trump?
    Well, Google does have deals with the first 3 and the CIA and NSA already, I guess…
    ​Google’s “Quantum Supremacy” to Render All Cryptocurrency & Military Secrets Breakable
    Supercomputer breakthrough will allow Big Tech giant to control the world.

Google’s “Quantum Supremacy” to Render All Cryptocurrency & Military Secrets Breakable

Dr. D
    Participant

So Saudi Arabia – in addition to having no U.S. defense weapons — also has no off-the-shelf anti-drone defense weapons. At their main refinery. Maybe 10 years after these were invented. Uh-huh.
    MBS, give me a call. For a low, low price of $1 Million dollars, I’ll hook you up to a pipeline called “Amazon”, where you can buy a defense for your poor, benighted nation and defend yourself against such things. Oh wait: you heard of them? And Raytheon too? Nevermind, I’m guessing they have somewhat better gear available should they wish to use it. In the meantime, their real enemy is low oil prices. And THAT’S why Iranian supply must be stopped. A couple of honest supertankers is indeed a mortal threat to the kingdom.

On Japan, I’m quite certain the bombs were dropped as a human experiment to see what the results were. …And to send a warning to Russia, our ally. Heck, we bombed our own Navymen for a decade or so after just to make sure. But that was at Bikini, so it was just a tiny-weenie oversight.

“Problem was that under the 1977 Glenn Amendment to the Arms Export Control Act, the United States would have to cease all arms assistance”

Ah, but luckily, no one in the U.S. follows any laws and have broken every treaty they’ve signed, ever. And thanks to never enforcing the law, because, you know, it’s inconvenient, we find ourselves here today. But this is from a country that trafficked arms to Al-Qaeda, and those guys are still alive to be prosecuted (or made President) so…

Oh, P.S. WHY did they not report and enforce? If it had been Lithuania they would have. Or Mexico. …But not this country. Only a few years after they baldly attacked and nearly sunk one of our warships. What could be going on to make that true and possible? Discuss.

“Google’s new quantum computer”

Well, yeah, but like Douglas Adams’ “Deep Thought” you have to be smart enough to know what question to ask it. We’re not. That and, being no different than any other Q-bit computer, it gives wrong answers +20% of the time, but you don’t know which 20%. I wouldn’t get worked up about it, these things have existed for decades, you notice that the structure hasn’t responded much to their threat because they are niche weapons of limited usefulness. Even base propaganda is far more powerful, and more refined. And that is indeed Google’s forte, which they are distracting you from.

Ken Barrows
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.