Energy Is A Power Game – 2 (Britain Is Losing)

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Energy Is A Power Game – 2 (Britain Is Losing)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Esther Bubley “BusStop” September 1943 “Idlers in front of the Greyhound bus stop between Memphis and Chattanooga”In the first part of this series,, I
    [See the full post at: Energy Is A Power Game – 2 (Britain Is Losing)]

gurusid
    Participant

Hi Ilargi,

Thanks for a great overview of the UK and EU energy crisis. I’ll keep my usual soliloquy short. I have my suspicions that ‘solar’ is being used to meet the 15% renewables by 2020 commitment purely on ‘nameplate’ capacity – that it gives a high capacity figure for relatively little or no cash outlay – the ultimate in empty bag handling. So not only do they get to claim an over inflated generating capacity from solar renewables, but its gets paid for by someone else – what’s not to like? Politicians get great photo ops on a cloud less midsummer day at the only time it generates any where near its ‘name plate’ capacity, meanwhile midwinter the energy companies get to fire up their gas and coal ‘standby’ plants at a bonus rate. Welcome to the new [strike]robber[/strike] energy barons! :dry:

Mind you, wrt the Arctic Bubble, keep an eye on Unst property prices! 🙂

+ Brand and Paxman on changing the current system & Brand on not voting due to the ‘elites’ current control of everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3YR4CseY9pk

Within the existing paradigm change is not dramatic enough not radical enough… When there is a genuine option vote for that … why pretend why be complicit in this ridiculous illusion… Occupy movement… 1% vs. 99%… for the first time in a generation people are aware of massive corporate and economic exploitation.

Welcome to UK politics, where politicians are comedians, and the comedians are politicians! 😆

L,
    Sid.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

I’ll say this for the UK (my mother is Welsh). The older folks know how to live with some deprivation. As for we Americans who enjoyed 6-7% annual oil production growth from the early days of the industry until 1970 or so and plenty of credit thereafter, there is no such luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.