Inside The Minds Of Central Bankers

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Inside The Minds Of Central Bankers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

NPC Ford Motor Co. coal truck, Washington, DC 1925 I think I should come back to what I wrote yesterday in The Revenge Of A Government On Its People,
    [See the full post at: Inside The Minds Of Central Bankers]

John Day
    Participant

So deflation is showing up in decreased demand for oil/energy, the “master commodity”?
    That seems ideal from a viewpoint of “powering down”, which is the transition we all need to make going forward.
    Weakening the Yen keeps fuel prices in Japan from dropping, keeps Japanese from consuming more fuel. Japan has been using more fuel since shuttering the nuclear power plants. This is effectively more austerity for the Japanese people, and they will consume less from the outside world with their weaker currency.
    Europe is already in austerity, but not overtly transitioning the economy into sectors involving more human-input, compared to cheap robot manufacturing.
    The Japanese are known for being able to buckle-down and work together, but Europeans, not so much. Individual European states have repeatedly been able to buckle-down in times of adversity.
    If this is the clever misdirection guiding us into getting by with less, then EU break-up is necessary pretty soon. Will the UK lead the way? It would be easiest for them.
    Central bankers are used to cooperating in one way, while presenting things in another way. Here is more on the purported plan to transition to SDRs (special drawing rights) as the new global reserve currency.
    https://philosophyofmetrics.com/2014/11/05/the-ottoman-multilateral-model/
    It would seem to make global central banking a supranational authority, and appears to be supported widely, as the world chafes at the boot of the $US regime.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Keynesian insanity. Add in, fear of loss of control and you have the necessary ingredients for the destruction of societies and nations.

Do these bureaucrats really believe folks stop heating their homes, driving to work, buying groceries and purchasing necessities because they believe the piece will fall? Maybe the dumb apparatchiks within leviathan believe, but not the ring leaders. And it is the leaders who have been granted full consent, as usual, so here we are.

Unfortunately, the likes of FDR have been sold as heroes when in fact they are the villian opportunists who were sure to not let a crisis go to waste.

It’s all here, for inquiring minds. https://mises.org/books/agd.pdf

Price supports, burning of crops, and other assorted breakings of windows. Whatever was necessary to keep ’em down and neatly queued up in bread lines.

And to think, we and our offspring now have to live through a repeat government created and controlled disaster. Must be somehow related to that same government run education system. The one that writes and distributes it’s own version of history’s “Talking Points.”

My old copy of Rothbard’s work is well warn, and every time I review it, I learn more about how it got like this and where this is all going.

John Day
    Participant

Gail Tverberg has an updated analysis of global oil supply, demand, debt, wage, and other issues.
    If I may summarize, she sees the adaptive shifts from years of high oil prices as destroying the wages which allow consumer-economy. (Robots don’t buy stuff. Factories let workers go, or use workers as cheap as robots.)
    Drilling and exploration are down, and won’t come up until price projections come up, which is never. The current plays will keep pumping, even if losing money, because governments collapse, otherwise. After 2 years, supplies will start falling, but demand can’t rise enough to fund extraction of expensive oil… Devise your own scenario to follow.
    Oil Price Slide – No Good Way Out

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Aside, on the machinations of One World Government, New World Order, “Illuminati” inspired philosophies, let the success of the Euro stand as an example of the outcome of mass cat herding techniques.

Seems we are heading farther afield of that scenario, not deeper into it. The Internet Reformation has thrown some rocks into the cogs of the best made plans.

I cannot recall a time when even the common folks down at the local coffee are questioning the Fed, Pentagon and other authoritarian apparitions, to the extent they now are.

Of course, war as rallying cry is still effective, at least to some extent, but even that is being questioned these days.

Gonna be hard for the power to rein in media to only one newspaper “Hearst” and three audio video alphabet soup media outlets, FDR style, this day and age.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Zero motor cycles sure sounds like a way to save energy.

John Day, depicting deflation as even remotely positive (powering down) is not a good idea. It’s more like the bubonic plague of an economy, where fuel may well be saved, but is far from the first thing on people’s mind.

Raleigh
    Participant

I read somewhere that Japan is only following what the Federal Reserve is telling them to do. All central banks are in collusion, with the Fed at the head. Germany is preventing Draghi from doing what he wants to do, and so Draghi must be rubbing his hands together with glee that German exports are being hammered by Japan: “This will bend her over a barrel and eventually she will allow me to have my way.” Perhaps Merkel wanted to play ball all along, but politically she couldn’t. Maybe Japan will finally allow her to say, “Well, we have no alternative but to play along.”

Japan is banking on the fact that other countries are not going to join in on the currency wars for awhile, and she will get a short-term advantage until they do. Japan is forcing Europe to join in.

Japan twisted her people into a pretzel in the early 30’s and did the same thing they’re doing now. Japan did not care whether her people starved; corporations benefited. But that was then, a very different world than now.

Greenspan said something like (and I’m paraphrasing) the world is going to deflate, but it has to be done slowly.

rapier
    Participant

That inflation has become a holy grail is bizarre,no matter what wacky definition is used.That Kuroda thinks the falling price of imported oil is something to be fought or offset is insane. Oh wait. No, those are perfectly reasonable ideas and it is we who are insane or just as well be because our ideas are not even given mention much less consideration.

It may seem off topic but all through the 90’s Greenspan would go before congress a couple of times year, Americas elected officials,and announce that if wages rose he would slam on the monetary brakes. The peoples representatives smiled and all but kissed his ring. There is no possible theory of democracy which can explain that. Explain how politicians were happy that their constituents could look forward to falling in real terms wages and that people voted for them. Albeit there were no candidates available to battle against falling wages.

With that bridge crossed I long ago gave up on anything worth talking about vis a vis the economy would be talked about much less even mentioned. Americas experience is a good proxy for what goes on in Japan and the EU as well. Up is down and crazy is normal.

John Day
    Participant

Professor: Agreed on that “breaking windows to help the economy” stuff, yes on people running trucks on natural gas, like in the 1980s, no on the Mercedes with solar panel skin…

Ilargi: I’m not so much cheering deflation, as seeing it as inevitable in our “powering down” process, a term used in the Transition community, for gradually reducing one’s use of fuel/energy. I spend a lot of time trying to envision scenarios where we power down without genocide. It’s hard. I’m constantly on the lookout for ideas.
    I know that global elites are not all in one camp, and it should be obvious to all that this is a bad time to destroy global infrastructure at the end of the era of cheap resources.
    I can see global banking elites, Jay Rockefeller types, using monetary maneuvers such as those being done in Japan, to induce reduction in the use of fuel by workers and retirees, as long as they get to keep hold of the reins of power.
    US military “solutions” have been destroying demand in Iraq and Libya, and keeping that nice, easy-oil in the ground for a bit later.
    I’m just trying to see any ways that we can get from where we were 15 years ago, to where we will be in 15, 20, 30 years, without WW-3.
    Help me out if you see something.
    Here’s the latest by the Archdruid, John Michael Greer, about the collapse of monetary economy to feudalism, and I can’t see how to get there from here.

Dark Age America: The End of the Market Economy

₿oogaloo
    Participant

This pattern will continue until we see a run on the bullion banks. That is the only way to break the immense power of the central bankers and those they serve.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.